BY OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD #14 in Philanthropy & Volunteering

Operation Christmas Child
  • "My church does this almost every year and it really gets everyone involved and getting to help others right where we are!" in 52 reviews
  • "This is a great way to get involved with a great charity and a great way to teach your children it is better to give than to receive." in 17 reviews
  • "This organization sends shoeboxes filled with age appropriate toys, goodies, school supplies and any number of donated items to less fortunate chikdren who otherwise don't know about Christmas." in 16 reviews
  • "You can get a shoe box and fill it up with items that they might need, toothbrush and toothpaste, socks, books, stuff like that and then they get sent out." in 15 reviews
  • "As someone who knows what it's like to be on or have siblings be on the angel tree growing up its awesome to be able to give back now as an adult." in 10 reviews
Elizabeth D.
Spring, TX
We enjoy packing boxes for Operation Christmas child with our American Heritage Girls troop. My daughters enjoyed picking out items to fill the boxes. I wish hour troop organized it better, but overall it's great charity and next year we'll do it again, but at home or with our church.
Sarah D.
Newnan
I have packed and sent boxes for this organization for years through churches as well as with student groups when I was in college. It is so fun to pull items together knowing that they will be used and loved by a child in need. Often these children around the world wouldn’t get gifts otherwise. It’s a great philanthropy event for the whole family.
brittany d.
Milford, PA
My parents attend our local church and came home and told me about Operation Christmas Child. At first I was hesitant to do it. I didn't know if I would have time or if the package would actually get there. One day I was out shopping with my mum and we got some things together and made a few boxes. We have done it every year since and I get to enjoy not only spending time with her but enjoy the smile I can bring to a little boy or girl. I would definitely recommend this to everyone. Especially those with kids of their own to help they see that some people don't have the same luxuries we enjoy.
Seny T.
Kernersville , NC
I had the opportunity to volunteer with this company in Charlotte NC a few years ago! It was an incredible experience. They make such a huge impact on the lives of children! If you were looking for an opportunity to give back this is a great place to start during the holiday season!
Shelly M.
Harrison, TN
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
My church did operation christmas child every year when I was growing up. They always got a big group together to help pass them out too and it was always a very rewarding experience that brought us all together as a church. Great things being done for children.
Teresa C.
Osceola, WI
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
This organization is a wonderful program that is based on providing a shoebox that contains items that a child would love to receive. These shoeboxes are then delivered and given to children in need. Children will then know that people do care.  Operation Christmas Child
Angelica R.
I got involved with Operation Christmas Child through the Shoe Box Ministry. You get a shoebox or shoebox size plastic container and fill it with itemd for a child. You also pay a flat rate towards the shipping.
Jess N.
Lake Charles, LA
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
We've been involved several times in this effort. We put together boxes a couple different times with our church group to send off. I feel like kids learn a lot watching this. Especially when they see the kinds of things that other kids can't wait to have and they take for granted.
Crystal G.
Good Samaritan Expert Level 2
Honest & Trustworthy organization. I did a missions trip to Cambodia and handed out theses boxes there. Much loved and appreciated by all children and families. (:
Elizabeth R.
Linwood, NC
Good Samaritan Expert Level 1
I love Operation Christmas Child they give children toys and help lift the spirits of children and share the magic of Christmas with children. It is a wonderful charity and we try to give to them every year.
Kathy N.
Federal Way, WA
Can we send more than one box?
Sharifa L.
Where can I go to sign up for this?
Cacelia J.
Waco, TX
How can we help with this
Kassandra L.
Good Samaritan Expert Level 3
What this about?
Shannon D.
Tacoma, WA
When have you been able to help this organization out?