One 'n Only Colorfix

by One 'n Only

Hair color corrector that removes unwanted permanent hair color Formulated with 100% argan oil Removes any level of hair color Precise control formula usage allows color correction to specific areas Designed for full or slight color corrections Does not contain ammonia or bleach Effective on all hair types Cruelty Free Key Benefits: Removes Unwanted Permanent Hair Color. Easy to mix and apply. Contains Argan Oil. Cruelty Free Does not contain ammonia or bleach. Usage Tips: Apply to dry hair. Mix equal parts of Colorfix Part 1 Color Reducer and Part 2 Conditioning Catalyst in tint bowl or an applicator bottle. (Mix as much as will be needed for the density and length of hair that requires correction.) Wearing gloves and using a tint brush, apply quickly and evenly to the hair. If mixed in an applicator bottle, shake vigorously until thoroughly mixed (45 seconds to 1 minute). Gently work through the hair to ensure even penetration. After mixing Part 1 Color Reducer and Part 2 Conditioning Catalyst, use as quickly as possible, since the activity of the mixture decrease with time. Cover loosely with a plastic cap, and process up to 20 minutes. Strand test frequently. Low, warm dryer heat may be used to speed processing time. Rinse hair for 3-5 minutes and shampoo. If sufficient color is not removed, repeat Step 2 and 3 (this may be done on damp, towel-dried hair). Depending on condition of scalp and hair, do not repeat process more than 2-3 times. When desired level of color removal has been achieved, apply Processing Lotion for 5 minutes. (Due to the nature of dye molecules, it is possible that hair may redarken to an unacceptable level. If it does, repeat Steps 2-4 on damp hair, until sufficient color is removed.) Rinse well. Dry hair with a warm heat setting. (A hot setting may cause scalp irritation.) You may now proceed with your color application, if performing a full color corrective service. FOR SLIGHT COLOR CORRECTION (lighten color that has gone too dark or ashen): Mix 1/4 oz Part 1 Color Reducer + 1/4 oz Part 2 Conditioning Catalyst + 1 oz shampoo. Wearing gloves, apply to damp, towel-dried hair. Apply only to the areas of the hair that require lightening, and work into lather. To determine timing, take a strand test frequently. When the desired shade has been reached, rinse thoroughly and shampoo."" "

Will this work on Demi permanent black hair dye?
I attempted dying my hair blonde last night and it came out lighter at the roots and kinda orange. I kinda just want to remove all the color because I don't like it anyways. Will this stuff work. Also, is it hard to get an even tone. Will it turn my hair orange- its naturally really light brown
I had black hair I've used color fixed two times weeks apart. And every time it goes light for a bit then it goes back to dark but not black like a reddish dark brown.... I don't do step 3. I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Heeeeelp I just want the dark gone!
Start your review of One 'n Only Colorfix!
Christina  M.
Moline, IL
One 'n Only Colorfix uploaded by Christina  M.
Used this to fix my hair after a disastrous hair color product test. My hair was this strange purple, red, and blue color that was uneven and didnt even color my roots, no where near the plum shade it was supposed to be. It lifted the majority of the color out and evened things out enough for me to color over. Only major draw back is it smells to high hell.
Tiffany B.
Purchased at: Sally Beauty Supply
HOW TO MAKE THIS WORK (I PROMISE!) *I'm not a professional but I worked at Sally and I do my hair myself often* You HAVE to realize this is made for permanent hair colors only. Why? This shrinks the color molecule inside of the hair follicle to then wash the color out. It only works this way because of an oxidative color being used... Otherwise known as permanent hair color. Therefore anything semi (deposit only colors) such as Manic Panic, Arctic Fox and anything you didn't mix developer with will NOT be removed with this. Secondly, when I removed a level 4 brown with this, I got myself back to the LEVEL my hair was before... Which was about a 7 but it does not take you back to your natural color. That's impossible. Why? Because when you use permanent hair color, you use a developer. The developer lightens the hair depending on what volume you use (say you use 30 vol... This lightens your hair up to three levels!) And almost all colors when lightened have natural undertones of red/orange/yellow... Meaning your underlying color results in an orangey gross shade. This is what colorfix does. This is meant for you to recolor your hair, not have a good shade afterwards. Onto the actual use of this stuff... Yes it smells absolutely nasty. Like rotten eggs, but you get used to it after a bit. Only use this where you need to remove color... Putting it on your roots will only dry them out for no reason. The most important part... DON'T USE STEP THREE UNLESS YOU PLAN ON DOING A SECOND ROUND OF COLORFIX. Step three (basically) reactivates any color you may have missed, so you can re-do a color remover if needed. When you're rinsing the colorfix (and ultimately, the old color out) you're not going to see color in the water... At least I didn't. Rinse and rinse and rinse... Shampoo, use a non color safe shampoo. And scrub. It's not good for your hair... But scrub. And rinse more. Another round of shampoo. Rinse for literally so long... This is how you ensure all of the color gets out. Now toss step three. Here's where I went wrong last time: when you are picking a color to dye over your colorfix... It needs to be like at LEAST three shades lighter than you actually want. Your hair will be extremely porous after using colorfix (obviously to easily remove the old color) so it will end up much darker than you think. My level 4 I got out? I was back to a level 3. So, darker than before... Oops. My second mistake was not putting in a super deep conditioner after rinsing the colorfix... And waiting until the next day to re-color. You want everything rinsed out, something to help smooth those porous strands back out and you want the hair to be dry again. Use a 10 volume with your color or you may go bald. And use a comb for the most even distribution! Good luck. This stuff works amazingly... You have to do it right though.
Traé H.
Waco, TX
Purchased at: Sally Beauty Supply
The product itself is 5 stars but the company behind it is not the best to contact if you have any questions or need any help in regard to the product. I spent a solid 20 minutes trying to explain to a lady on the phone that this product is apart of their company even though she insisted I was talking about something completely different that I can’t remember. She finally found the product to only send me off to another part of the company who did not answer,nor called me back, nor sent me an e-mail. Needless to say, if you have any questions about this product. Ask someone at Sally’s or do some investigating online. With that being said, this product does exactly what it’s suppose to! I had red hair for going on a year and I wanted to go back to being blonde without bleaching my hair and after using two boxes of this product. I can officially say I’m back to being blonde! I did see a lot of reviews saying not to use step 3 so I didn’t. It’s going on a week now and my hair has not darken or changed at all. So I’m pretty sure at this point it’s fine. There are a few things to keep in mind while using this product. 1. Do not leave this product in longer than 30 minutes because it loses it’s strength over time. 2. This product smells terrible and will leave your hair smelling like eggs (which is another reason why you should not leave it in for a long period of time). 3. Keep your hair under running water for at least 15-20 minutes just to make sure the product is out. Otherwise the odor that is in your hair is going to stay longer. 4. This product is not a lightener and will not do anything but lift the color from the hair is already color treated. 5. Make sure to give your hair a good wash (scrub and I mean SCRUB) 2-3 times. You’re not going to see any color go down the drain but I can guarantee you. That you will notice a difference once you step out of the shower (or at least I did). Hope this helps!
Betty H.
Dover, NH
One 'n Only Colorfix uploaded by Betty H.
Hi, I used this about 3 months ago to remove a blonde permanent color from my hair. It had too much yellow in it. I heavily conditioned my hair before I used it. Following instructions, applied it, let it sit until the desired color was reached, be sure to test strands as it works pretty fast! I then rinsed it out and applied the conditioner Self Absorbed I left that on for a good 15 min and rinsed it out. You want to really condition your hair well before using a color remover and after using one both. I will attach a pic of what it looked like after using the color remover, this is what it looked like before I used the wella color charm toner!
Sydney  S.
Lexington, KY
Purchased at: Sally Beauty Supply
I started out with level 3 black brown hair and it came out amazingly and was a light brown/copper. It smells horrible but it works! Make sure you rinse it for 5 minutes straight and shampoo with dawn 2 times. Don’t use step 3!!
Jennifer G.
Belmar
One 'n Only Colorfix uploaded by Jennifer G.
One 'n Only Colorfix uploaded by Jennifer G.
Awesome product. A game changer for me. Dyed my hair blue but came way to dark almost black. Under this I had purple and red. I did this is one application. Left on for 30 mins with cap. I did not do step 3 as I thought it was really stupid to do all that work only to have it get darker again and have to repeat steps 1 and 2. Like it says on box. May get darker. But If lifted so fast and beautiful without bleach. I was amazed how even it came out like I did it on purpose. Smell is a little nasty but people who post reviews saying their hair stunk a week obviously did something wrong. It says rinse 3-5 mins. I rinsed about 8 to be safe and used a leave in conditioner and blew dry it. No smell! So that does the trick. No damage to my hair either looks perfect for me. I only needed one application to get about 7 levels lighter. Which is unheard of. Def recommend this product x 100!!!!
Rebekah H.
Hawkinsville, GA
One 'n Only Colorfix uploaded by Rebekah H.
Yesterday my best friend asked me to remove color from her hair and after exploring a bunch of options, we chose to use this color remover. The formula smells absolutely disgusting and the texture feels like raw egg whites. It's very hard to apply and requires you to put it on very fast or the mixture loses its effectiveness. It took us two uses of the product to get her from a banded mixture of light brown and a dark burgundy to this beautiful ginger stage. However, next time I will not listen to the beauty advisor at Sally's and will do my research before picking a color stripper. I'm glad it semi worked but it definitely will never be a choice I make again. The only reason I'm rating a 3 is because it did remove color decently, but It definitely could have been much better.
Jeanne V.
Visalia
I would like to know how long do you leave this product on for? The smell is NASTY.. My Cat left the room it was that bad. But I am Counting on it to work.
Crystal G.
Cincinnati, OH
It works! I removed black dye from my hair! It went back to the previous medium brown that I had it dyed! It smells horrific though! Please use good ventilation! Also your hair will stink for a few days! But it does what it’s supposed to do without too much damage. Be sure to use a good deep conditioning treatment afterwards.
Maria K.
Kearny, NJ
Needed to remove my previous color in order to apply a new color and i came across this product. It worked like a charm. In just 20-30 min it removed the color. However, it has a weird smell that was still there even after 4-5 of shampooing everyday. Horrible smell.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Traé H.
Waco, TX
il y a 3 ans
Traé H. il y a 3 ans
First off. I would just like to say that the customer service for this company was trash. No one called me back or even sent me an e-mail back but I found a solution! I did a little digging on the internet and came across this process in which eliminates the odor from another hair color remover that also didn’t have a pleasant smell. I’ll post the instructions down below. You can alter it to your liking in regards to the amount of product you put into the water but this is what worked for me and I can gladly say that my hair did not smell anywhere as bad. I did apply this right after doing another session so it did dry my hair out a bit. Steps: - 2 table spoons of baking soda to 7 oz of water - Leave on for 5-10 minutes (DO NOT RINSE OUT) - 2.5 tea spoons of vinegar (or lemon juice) to 7 oz of water - Leave solution on for 5-10 minutes - Rinse and wash with favorite shampoo. -Apply conditioner or deep conditioner to your liking. This procedure will produce a carbon dioxide gas which will remove the chemicals that cause the odour. Then finish with a pleasant shampoo and condition as usual. Side note, this may not get rid of the smell entirely but you definitely won’t smell as terrible and it will fade away quicker. You can repeat this process but I would give my hair a break in between. Hope this helps!
Yvette P.
San Diego, CA
il y a 4 ans
One 'n Only Colorfix has anyone tried this. I have a green tint.. trying to get rid of.
Mary K. il y a 2 ans
This is the only brand I use, I've gone from 7 years of box black dye to my natural color with 1 use. I've never used it on a vibrant color dye before so I'm not quite sure how it will turn out for you