One 'n Only Colorfix

by One 'n Only

One n Only Colorfix removes unwanted permanent haircolor regardless of how long it has been in the hair. Removes unwanted permanent haircolor Allows color correction to specific areas Easily removes any level of hair color No unpleasant odor Easy to mix and apply

I had black hair I've used color fixed two times weeks apart. And every time it goes light for a bit then it goes back to dark but not black like a reddish dark brown.... I don't do step 3. I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Heeeeelp I just want the dark gone!
I bought this a while ago but I am afraid to use it. I am wondering if it will get the rest of this black out of my hair. I am skeptical of these kinds of products bc I have heard that they turn your hair weird colors. I haven’t colored my hair since before New Years last year. Can this product be trusted? As you can see in the pic, my natural hair color ends right above my cheek bones.
Does anyone know how to get this smell out of my hair? It smells awful. One 'n Only Colorfix
Start your review of One 'n Only Colorfix!
Tiffany B.
Review for: One 'n Only Colorfix
HOW TO MAKE THIS WORK (I PROMISE!) *I'm not a professional but I worked at Sally and I do my hair myself often* You HAVE to realize this is made for permanent hair colors only. Why? This shrinks the color molecule inside of the hair follicle to then wash the color out. It only works this way because of an oxidative color being used... Otherwise known as permanent hair color. Therefore anything semi (deposit only colors) such as Manic Panic, Arctic Fox and anything you didn't mix developer with will NOT be removed with this. Secondly, when I removed a level 4 brown with this, I got myself back to the LEVEL my hair was before... Which was about a 7 but it does not take you back to your natural color. That's impossible. Why? Because when you use permanent hair color, you use a developer. The developer lightens the hair depending on what volume you use (say you use 30 vol... This lightens your hair up to three levels!) And almost all colors when lightened have natural undertones of red/orange/yellow... Meaning your underlying color results in an orangey gross shade. This is what colorfix does. This is meant for you to recolor your hair, not have a good shade afterwards. Onto the actual use of this stuff... Yes it smells absolutely nasty. Like rotten eggs, but you get used to it after a bit. Only use this where you need to remove color... Putting it on your roots will only dry them out for no reason. The most important part... DON'T USE STEP THREE UNLESS YOU PLAN ON DOING A SECOND ROUND OF COLORFIX. Step three (basically) reactivates any color you may have missed, so you can re-do a color remover if needed. When you're rinsing the colorfix (and ultimately, the old color out) you're not going to see color in the water... At least I didn't. Rinse and rinse and rinse... Shampoo, use a non color safe shampoo. And scrub. It's not good for your hair... But scrub. And rinse more. Another round of shampoo. Rinse for literally so long... This is how you ensure all of the color gets out. Now toss step three. Here's where I went wrong last time: when you are picking a color to dye over your colorfix... It needs to be like at LEAST three shades lighter than you actually want. Your hair will be extremely porous after using colorfix (obviously to easily remove the old color) so it will end up much darker than you think. My level 4 I got out? I was back to a level 3. So, darker than before... Oops. My second mistake was not putting in a super deep conditioner after rinsing the colorfix... And waiting until the next day to re-color. You want everything rinsed out, something to help smooth those porous strands back out and you want the hair to be dry again. Use a 10 volume with your color or you may go bald. And use a comb for the most even distribution! Good luck. This stuff works amazingly... You have to do it right though.
Traé H.
Waco, TX
Review for: One 'n Only Colorfix
The product itself is 5 stars but the company behind it is not the best to contact if you have any questions or need any help in regard to the product. I spent a solid 20 minutes trying to explain to a lady on the phone that this product is apart of their company even though she insisted I was talking about something completely different that I can’t remember. She finally found the product to only send me off to another part of the company who did not answer,nor called me back, nor sent me an e-mail. Needless to say, if you have any questions about this product. Ask someone at Sally’s or do some investigating online. With that being said, this product does exactly what it’s suppose to! I had red hair for going on a year and I wanted to go back to being blonde without bleaching my hair and after using two boxes of this product. I can officially say I’m back to being blonde! I did see a lot of reviews saying not to use step 3 so I didn’t. It’s going on a week now and my hair has not darken or changed at all. So I’m pretty sure at this point it’s fine. There are a few things to keep in mind while using this product. 1. Do not leave this product in longer than 30 minutes because it loses it’s strength over time. 2. This product smells terrible and will leave your hair smelling like eggs (which is another reason why you should not leave it in for a long period of time). 3. Keep your hair under running water for at least 15-20 minutes just to make sure the product is out. Otherwise the odor that is in your hair is going to stay longer. 4. This product is not a lightener and will not do anything but lift the color from the hair is already color treated. 5. Make sure to give your hair a good wash (scrub and I mean SCRUB) 2-3 times. You’re not going to see any color go down the drain but I can guarantee you. That you will notice a difference once you step out of the shower (or at least I did). Hope this helps!
Sydney S.
Lexington, KY
Review for: One 'n Only Colorfix
I started out with level 3 black brown hair and it came out amazingly and was a light brown/copper. It smells horrible but it works! Make sure you rinse it for 5 minutes straight and shampoo with dawn 2 times. Don’t use step 3!!
Jennifer G.
Belmar
One 'n Only Colorfix uploaded by Jennifer G.
One 'n Only Colorfix uploaded by Jennifer G.
Review for: One 'n Only Colorfix
Awesome product. A game changer for me. Dyed my hair blue but came way to dark almost black. Under this I had purple and red. I did this is one application. Left on for 30 mins with cap. I did not do step 3 as I thought it was really stupid to do all that work only to have it get darker again and have to repeat steps 1 and 2. Like it says on box. May get darker. But If lifted so fast and beautiful without bleach. I was amazed how even it came out like I did it on purpose. Smell is a little nasty but people who post reviews saying their hair stunk a week obviously did something wrong. It says rinse 3-5 mins. I rinsed about 8 to be safe and used a leave in conditioner and blew dry it. No smell! So that does the trick. No damage to my hair either looks perfect for me. I only needed one application to get about 7 levels lighter. Which is unheard of. Def recommend this product x 100!!!!
Abby M.
Dawsonville, GA
Review for: One 'n Only Colorfix
First off, fair warning, this STINKS like eggs. Like, for DAYS! If you can get over the smell it really is an amazing product. Took all of the black dye out of my hair after 2 uses. No ammonia, no bleach. So my issue with this product is that, without dying afterwards, my hair slowly started to darken again. I think next time I use it I’ll follow it right up with a next day trip to a salon to somehow stabilize the color. I figure at the very least, it would save me from having black stripped out of my hair... probably destroying it.
Ana M.
Middletown, NY
Review for: One 'n Only Colorfix
I used the one with Argan oil and I do not recommend this. I wanted to remove my red permanent hair dye and go back to my natural color which this says it does, well it doesn’t. This bleached my hair and i am now blonde when I have natural dark brown hair. Yes, it stinks like most hair dye products do but doesn’t make you teary eyed. Unless you’re okay with bleached hair and blonde or orange looking hair then this is for you if you’re really trying to go natural again then you’re better off with dying your hair your natural color and letting it grow out.
Jeanne V.
Visalia
Review for: One 'n Only Colorfix
I would like to know how long do you leave this product on for? The smell is NASTY.. My Cat left the room it was that bad. But I am Counting on it to work.
Kiernan M.
Toronto, OH
Review for: One 'n Only Colorfix
When I dyed my hair this came in handy A LOT because at first I had YELLOW hair not platinum blonde at all then I used this product and also use purple shampoo and conditioner and my hair is PERFECT now!!
Nancy X.
Norfolk, VA
One 'n Only Colorfix uploaded by Nancy X.
Purchased at: Sally Beauty Supply
Review for: One N' Only Colorfix Kit Permanent Hair Color Remover 1 ea (Pack of 3)
Horrible product! Waste of money and smells horrible! Leaving my bathroom and hair smelling like silver/brass cleaner!!! I was trying to remove the blue out as much as I can but now my hair is literally 5 different colors!!!!
Lily R.
Gastonia
Review for: One 'n Only Colorfix
I wish I could rate this zero stars. DO NOT USE THIS ON PINK HAIR. the lady at sally’s assured me it would be fine on pink hair but it ended up turning my pink hair blue!! I have to have the pink and this out in two weeks and so far I have no idea what to do. If this has happened to you please give me tips on how to fix it
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Yvette P.
San Diego, CA
il y a 3 ans
One 'n Only Colorfix has anyone tried this. I have a green tint.. trying to get rid of.
Mary K. il y a un an
This is the only brand I use, I've gone from 7 years of box black dye to my natural color with 1 use. I've never used it on a vibrant color dye before so I'm not quite sure how it will turn out for you