• Who is your favorite fairy tale character?52 Answers
  • Does this TV show, show accurate interpretations of the original ...13 Answers
  • Who likes evil Emma? I wasn't crazy about last season and now I'...5 Answers
Once Upon a Time
  • "I cannot stop watching this show because it constantly is changing things up and keeping me entertained from a wide array of fairy tales." in 302 reviews
  • "I absolutely love this show I have been watching it since the first season and it gets better each episode and they always throw in new characters from the story book which makes it very interesting " in 100 reviews
  • "Started watching it on Netflix (they have the first 3 seasons on Netflix) and I've become so intrigued the way they intertwine all the characters." in 86 reviews
  • "Movies show the lifes of fairy tale characters, and they tend to be predictable but once upon a time brings all fairy tale characters to the real world with their own little twist and an awesome backstory that changes the way you see the fairy tales." in 58 reviews
  • "Now this is one of my favorite shows my issue with it is that lately it is dragging, it's boring it's not catching my interest like the first I wanna say 3 seasons." in 49 reviews
Rachel P.
This show puts a new spin on all our favorite fairy-tales. I love watching this show. I am now on the sixth season. I do think they are starting to run the same stories with different plots! time to change it up!! I do know that some of our favorite characters are leaving the show like Emma, Snow, Charming, I am curious to see how the show is going to change with them leaving. Here is to the seventh season may you be just as good!!
Holly D.
Dickson City, PA
I love fantasy and fairy tales, and this makes it seriously okay to watch fairy tales as an adult (and with your kids if you have them!). It is really a great family series, and has kept me entertained beyond belief. I love seeing fairy tale characters and abc's interpretation of these characters. There are a TON of story lines and characters (it basically incorporates any characters you can possibly imagine from books you've read as a child and movies you used to watch). The story lines are interesting, have a little bit of violence (but more so fantasy violence), some romance, and really beautiful scenery and costumes. Definitely worth a watch, although I did loose some interest in the more recent episodes, but I am sure I will get back into it again soon!
Himali B.
Westminster, CO
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I am really enjoying this show, I have just completed the first season & it has left me wanting for more. It is your mystical fairytale characters interpreted in a completely different way. It's quiet interesting to watch their life events in a new light. Their are so many characters & their stories webbed togthee in one show. Mystery, Romance, Violence you will find evrything so entertaining.
Hannah H.
Cordele, GA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
If you are a Disney fan then this show is for you! You really have to pay attention to it, so i recommend pausing it if you have to get up, or else you'll be lost at what is going on. I love how they intertwined all the fairy tales together, and how you learn the backgrounds of you favorite fairy tale characters, and what happened to them after "happily ever after". Such a great show. I just got caught up and can't wait to see what happens next.
Sarah N.
Edmond, OK
I LOVE Disney and all Fairytales. All these unrelated stories are interwoven so intricately and it is really entertaining. This is a great family show and I am very sad that it is ending after this season. I was worried about this last season, but it's been very good. Captain Swan forever!
Emily R.
San Antonio, TX
I used to LOVE this show. I watched it religiously but I really struggled to keep up after the Elsa portion. The story started to get a bit boring and I don’t think the acting by the main character is that great. The first few seasons a very good! But it definitely gets old.
Nicole R.
Bowling Green, KY
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This series is perfect for fairytale lovers evwrywhere! It takes a fresh new look into the fairytale world by bringing it to the real world. The acting is phenomenal and the characters are very fresh! I love this show and would highly recommend.
Ashlie H.
Salem, IL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I love this show. I missed the last season so I'm watching it on Netflix now. I love all the story lines in the show. My favorite characters are Regina, Snow, Emma, and Henry. I love how all the storylines run together and are always a part of each other. This show is one of the best shows I have watched in a long time.
Natalie A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I'm a HUGE fan of all things Disney/fairy tale-related, so when my friend recommended this show to me a few years ago, I had to give it a shot. I watched what was available on Netflix at the time and got hooked. I'll get to why I'm giving it three stars towards the end of my review.

Basically, the plot is centered around the lives of various fairy tale characters (Snow White, Cinderella, Rumpelstiltskin, Frankenstein, Frozen, the Wicked Witch, the Ice Queen, etc.). What I love about this show is their creativity in the way in which they intertwine the lives of all these characters from different lands and different stories. Some way, somehow, Ariel knows the Evil Queen and the Evil Queen knows the Wicked Witch of the West, just to give an example. Each character has their own background and story, and it's all explained (in time) throughout the show. It's also interesting because these characters don't have the life you would have expected them to have based on what you know from the movies you've seen or the books you've read.

Every season is themed around a particular story. There's one season, for example, that is centered around Peter Pan and takes place mostly in Neverland (probably my favorite season ever; really good part of the show!) and another season takes place in the Underworld and introduces all the Hercules characters. For all you Frozen fans, there's a season centered around just that, too.

What I really liked about the way this show is presented to viewers is that it constantly bounces between past and present. The entire episode consists of what is happening in the present, intertwined with flashbacks of the past that somehow have something to do with what is happening in the present (the connection between the two is usually revealed at the end of the episode). There is ALWAYS a plot twist. Always. And it will always blow your mind. What you least expect to happen, happens.

I recently went back to watch the first season on Netflix for whatever reason, and realized just how corny the show initially was. I didn't notice it the first time around, but when I compared it with more recent seasons, it's heavily dramatic and cliche and probably difficult to get through for some people. I know people who wanted to give the show a chance but couldn't because of the initial cheesiness. If you can get past that, it gets better. Trust me.

But then, it also gets worse. I have stopped watching the show because of the fact that none of the main characters can seem to catch a break. It's battle after battle after conflict after major conflict, and it just became too repetitive (similar conflicts following one another, nothing new and exciting anymore). I'd like to see the show give me just a few episodes of "happily ever after" before introducing the next big obstacle that needs to be dealt with immediately and consumes the lives of all the characters and shatters all their relationships with each other. It became exhausting trying to keep up with the plot and honestly just frustrating because there's just too much happening. It's gotten to the point where I think the show is just being dragged on; as much as I loved it, I think it should have ended a while back.

So even though this was probably my favorite show at one point, I think it's lost its novelty and I hope it can get back on track. I'd like to catch up with the show and see what's happening, if it's improved. Hopefully it has!
Laura S.
Round Rock, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
One of my favorite shows as of right now. They have such amazing storytelling on the show. Best acting on it too. I think even now with all the main characters leaving the show. It still has great writing on it. That is what brings me to this show time and time again. The acting is also great too. The writing is what makes a show. This show has it. I would recommend watching it!
Francheska T.
Bloomfield, NJ
What fairy tale character (who's not been on the show yet) are you anticipating to see?
Erica W.
Middletown, NY
Who is your favorite fairy tale character?
Ann Marie H.
Do you like the characters better in the fairy tale world or in the present day world?
Michelle N.
Langley, British Columbia
If you could meet one character who would it be ?!
Kristen C.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who is your favorite villain??