BY ON THE ISLAND

Shannon M.
Layton, UT
This book was dumb. Not believable. I did read the whole book. I just have an issue with things magically washing up to shore etc. not for me!
Andrea S.
Roslindale, MA
I'm sorry, I know many found this book really great but it was just too ridiculous to me. Between the matter of fact writing style where "this happens so we have to do this which then results in this" to the most insane things happening I just was not in love. I did finish the book only to find out really how bad it could get, but this was just not for me. I'm glad I read it though. I just won't be reading the continuation. And it did make me want to go on a tropical vacation so that's something, right?!
Wendy D.
Pell City, AL
It was a sweet storyline, but the teacher/student thing felt really sleazy. (I'm a teacher, too.). I had trouble stomaching the romance because of that. Good writing, though.
Michelle L.
Calgary, AB
Bookworm Expert Level 2
Wasn't real impressed with the story line. It was an easy read - relaxing in that you didn't really have to think much! Wouldn't be on my list of favorites to recommend.
Kimberly B.
Germantown, MD
On the Island popped up as recommended on my Kindle, so I checked it out. I found the story line interesting, but the plot seemed to move too quickly at times, which didn't allow for the development that I would have liked. I did enjoy the themes, as they provided deeper questions for the readers to ponder about age and love and relationships. I often felt connected to the emotions of the characters, which is a real plus for me in a book. I feel like this book would make an interesting movie.
Mandy L.
Spoiler free. I was surprised by a few things in this book! First I was surprised by how much I loved it and second the twists you don't see coming at the end. Great, quick read!
Janie B.
Cleveland, GA
A nice and easy read. This was not my favorite but I did share with friends. Get it.
Emily A.
Lafayette, LA
I was surprised by this novel. At first, I was wary about the age issue in this novel. As I read it, though, I realized that the age played out much better than expected, and the author addressed the issues well.
Christina S.
Red Bank, NJ
I was hesitant to read this after discovering (on the back of the book; I have a tendency to get books that are recommended and really have no idea what they're about) it was about an affair (of sorts) between a teacher and her student. I read on anyway and was glad I did; it wasn't about that in a bad way but rather it was a logical part of the story. This was such a great read, and it was simply un-put downnable, if that's a word. I highly enjoyed it, but felt there were lots of parts that were cheesey, so I marked it down a grade. It's a great beach read.
Nida M.
Colleyville, TX
On the Island is a good coming of age type story. If you like movies like Blue Lagoon and ship wrecked type themes, then this is a good one. It tells the story of a teenager and his tutor surviving a plane crash and they live on the island together trying to survive. Once the boy turns 18, things start to change and they start developing feelings for each other. I won't spoil whether or not they get off the island, but it is a good girly book.
Lindsay H.
Finksburg, MD
About to read this book...any good?
Tammy F.
Williamsburg, IA
Where you satisfied with the ending, or would you have rewritten the ending if you could?
Pamela N.
Hamilton , OK
What's your favourite part of The book ?
Debra R.
Ottawa
Has anyone read anything else by her? If so, how was it?