BY OLEHENRIKSEN #15 in Face Serums

Brightens, firms, fights visible signs of aging and delivers all-day hydration

Truth Serum is like a daily multivitamin for the skin and Ole Henriksen’s #1 age-defying serum. Ole was an early adopter of vitamin C in skincare, believing that its antioxidant properties and role in promoting collagen make it a crucial ingredient. Supercharged with True-C Complex™ and collagen, this potent vitamin c collagen serum helps brighten and firm the skin as it delivers all-day hydration.

Enriched with orange and green tea extracts, this fast-absorbing, oil-free formula revives the complexion. Indulge in this serum’s sweet, energizing citrus aroma and silky texture as it glides beautifully on the skin for a healthier, more youthful-looking Ole Glow™.

True-C Complex™–stabilized vitamin C derivatives formulated to help brighten the skin and fight visible signs of aging; also delivers antioxidants

Collagen–helps improve skin’s youthful elasticity

Orange and green tea extracts–help nourish skin

Aloe juice–helps soften and condition skin

This product does not contain parabens, sulfates, or phthalates.

Water (Aqua), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Calcium Ascorbate, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Oleth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thioctic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 6.

• Is this worth the money? How do you use it? What kind of ...5 Answers
  • I’m about to try OLEHENRIKSEN Truth Serum® is it safe for...1 Answers
  • Does this have a strong scent?9 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Shakeela L.
Littleton, NC
This stuff is the "real deal." A Vitamin "C" serum which is superior to most all and at a reasonable price. Two stabalized forms of Vitamin C listed as the 2nd and 3rd ingrtedients after water. The 3rd being Calcium Ascorbate which is Ester C (less irritating than others.) The 2nd being Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (very stable and concentrated.) Stability is what you need to look for: simple Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) is not stable and henceforth will not do your skin any good. This serum is loaded with skin nourishing extracts of all kind (many of them fruit extracts.) There are healing ingredients (aloe being just one) along with widely actives of the latest fare. This is one high tech skin benefit. It also contains a healthy dose of Sodium Hyaluronate which binds hundreds of times its weight in water without being greasy, emollient or occlusive to the skin. This product due to its ingredients is a multi tasker if ever there was one. Vitamin C acts as an anti free radical treatment and because of its potency (10%) will stimulate collagen and elastin fibers which are the network within the skin which keeps it tightly draped across the bones of the face (therefore being firming and reversing aging such as lines, folds and wrinkles.) This percentage and quality of Vitamin C will also brighten the skin and fade brown-sun-freckle marks. It will also smooth the skins surface and give it more translucency, the way skin reflects light when it is young.
There also happens to be a coordinating day/night cream (though it has an SPF of 15) called Truth Revealed Super Cream. This name is really an understatement for how it actually performs as performs it does like a German Sports car. It continues with many of the same ingredints, but puts them into a more moisturizing base and adds an SPF (though I use it at night also.) It will super charge the serum as it seals it in when applied in conjunction/over the serum. There are also additional (many) ingredients in the cream (such as peptides, which work on lines and wrinkles) not found in the serum. Used together they are a formidable combination achieving results of products 2,3 and 4 times their price. What more could you ask for???? Highly recommended and well worth it.
Emilie R.
Deer park
Overall I liked that I was instructed to only apply this once a day which meant I could use my other serums at night. I also liked the bright bottle and ease of using it because it dispensed the exact amount I needed which is important since it’s not exactly cheap. I however got lucky and received it as a deluxe bonus gift, and I must say I was able to stretch that out for nearly a month of usage!!
Keep in mind I only used this for 3 1/2 weeks because it wasn’t a full size product so maybe I did not use it for as long as I should. However, I really didn’t see any change in my skin. I like to take close up HD photos of my skin when starting a new product (in order to see a before and after since we can’t often see changes in ourselves since we are used to seeing ourselves every day) so when I checked my before & after photos when my sample was empty... I saw absolutely no remarkable difference in my skin.
If this product were less expensive I may have bought another bottle and continued to use it because like I said I liked pretty much everything except the price and the fact that I saw no difference. I know there are a lot of rave reviews about this so had I been able to afford using it longer I might have seen a significant difference as well.
Christina L.
Egg Hbr Twp, NJ
Vitamin C is essential for more than a healthy immune system. It can actually be a major proponent to glowing skin, too! Especially if you have sun spots, a Vitamin C serum will brighten darker areas and help with the glow! Here my fav C serum from @olehenriksen [truth serum] it has deliver what it promised.

Truth Serum® is like a daily multivitamin for the skin. Ole Henriksen was an early adopter of vitamin C in skin care, believing that its antioxidant properties and role in supporting natural collagen make it a crucial ingredient. Supercharged with True-C Complex™ and boosted with collagen, this powerful antiaging serum helps brighten, visibly firm, and deliver all-day hydration. Enriched with orange and green tea extracts, the fast-absorbing, oil-free formula revives the complexion. Indulge in this facial serum's sweet, energizing citrus scent and silky texture as it glides beautifully on the skin. The result? You see a healthier and more youthful-looking Ole Glow™.

Kathy L.
New Orleans
I. Am. Obsessed.
I got a sample from my Sephora points and have restocked it since. I bought a full size bottle, and then realized I could buy three of the minis for the same price and get almost twice as much product. So that’s what I did; I just finished my first mini, opened the second, and have the third waiting in my bathroom drawer.
This stuff smells amazing-like a light orange/creamsicle kind of sent (but not gross and sweet; a really fresh citrus-y kind of scent); I use it first thing in the morning after I get out of the shower before anything else. It’s not greasy at all, but sometimes depending on how warm the bathroom is, will take a second or two to soak in. It wakes up my skin (which I didn’t realize was a thing before this stuff!), makes my skin look and feel fresh, tightens, brightens, and anything that I follow it with glides on smoothly with no issues. I usually do a moisturizer later when I’m doing my makeup, and most days that’s it for me skin-wise. This stuff is worth every penny; especially if you buy the minis. Plus, $15 isn’t a bad price tag to try a half an ounce of you want. But you’ll go back.
Melissa B.
Anderson, CA
So I picked this up, and when I was ordering from Sephora after doing the math, i realized it's cheaper per oz to get the .5 bottles. So I purchased 3. The only negative is my nozzle is like broken it takes alot of effort to get it to push down and when it does the product squirts everywhere! :( But other than that it has a nice orange scent which I love. And it soaks in almost instantly. Sometimes I'll just use this and primer before foundation.. I'm using this in conjunction with the new orange creme at night and then the sheer transforming during the day. So far my skin is looving this combo!! I don't know exactly what product is doing it for me, or if it's just all of them together but my skin is so soft, and my pores are Soo much smaller. I Feel like my skin is brighter and less dull, which I never understood what people meant by that till I got into this skincare line. I feel more confident to go out with no foundation on.
Catherine A.
Los angeles , CA
This is something I had been hearing great things about from the acne community. I wasn't sure it was for me as I can barely get rid of my acne quicker with really expensive masks and skincare. But as I get older I get increasingly worried about aging. I would rather prevent than actively treat wrinkles since there's never been a scientifically proven something you can put on your face to get rid of wrinkles and about the only thing that can is medical. So anyway, like I said my theory is prevention. I have extremely oily skin with hormonal acne that isn't severe but it is constant. I have acne scarring and large pores and light smile lines starting at my eyes. My face is so oily that I have to use 2 to 4 large blotting sheets every hour if I don't use any serious mattifying products. So I use the Korean 10 step skincare method. So I use a mattifying toner (Sunday Riley Martian gel) after an acne toner like Clearogen or clinique clarifying lotion 3 then after martian I am trying my serum and then I use a moisturizer that also mattifys me (glamglow volcasmic). Then I use a mattifying primer as well like cover fx blemish control, boscia white charcoal, too faced primed and poreless and a few more. Some serums still make me super oily and are super heavy despite being day serum and some can work with my routine without counteracting everything. This one wasn't the worst but despite every thing it was still able to make me pretty oily pretty immediately. It also gave me two white head type zits overnight. Hadn't experienced that side effect yet. My pimples are usually big, sometimes cystic and they come in slowly and grow and are substantial because they are coming from the inside. There is no outside treatment that can cure them from the outside of my skin. That wasn't the case with these two though. They were very superficial and not something my skin would do on it's own since that's not my reason for acne (food, dirty face, clogged pores from not exfoliating or washing enough,etc.) Also from the research I did, and I know how finicky vitamin c serums are, this isn't a good one. Vitamin c serum needs to be in an opaque air tight bottle. This is air tight but its transparent. The light that gets in kills any vitamin c that may actively help. And not just that but it has a scientifically proven irritating plant extract and fragrance which has been proven to not only irritate but cause advanced and early ageing. And trust me I love fragrance. I'm no granola muncher at all. But according to science, no matter how good it smells it shouldn't be rubbed all over your face but instead placed on sensual points behind the ears and on the wrists, and if I'm honest I spray it on my chest and clothes daily but never on my face. Basically for the price there's better vitamin c and collagen boosters out there like one that keeps winning and showing up at the top of lists that I personally love and spent 88 dollars on a set where this was the only full size thing since this was the reason I bought it, so basically paid full price ($80 for 1 oz) for it. The Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum is amazing. I thought most of their products were just hyped up bs like a lot of skincare and makeup since it got trendy but if a sample pack and 3 days can make me spend that kind of money its got to be as amazing as everyone says and this truth serum sadly is not. It made me more oily despite mattifying products that can always control my extreme oily face below and on top of the serum. It broke me out. And it did nothing it promised at the end of my small bottle. For what this costs I not only expect real science and correct packaging but also real results and this gives neither so sadly I cannot recommend
Krystyna K.
Raleigh, NC
I have never tried any Ole Henriksen products until this one. I saw a few different Youtubers say that it really transformed their skin and I was in need of adding a serum to my routine. The smell is so light and pleasant, and doesn't linger which is nice. The product soaks into my skin so evenly and fast, it doesn't take me any longer to get ready in the morning. My face feels brighter for sure, and I'm much more confident going out of the house with no makeup on when I use this in the morning. I don't use a full pump because I find that to be a little too much, and because of that it seems like it's going to be a good value for the price for me. I know I am definitely never going to be able to go without this product anymore and it has made me want to try more Ole Henriksen products - specifically the vitamin C packed ones!
Guadalupe G.
I wanted to love this since I'd heard such great things, but my skin did not cooperate. I have combo skin, typically oilier on my cheeks, forehead, and nose but as it's winter and I've been a bit dehydrated, my dry patches are particularly sensitive. I thought this would help combat the redness left behind by itchy areas (that weren't pronounced, just irritated) with its brightening & restorative effect. I have been using a sunscreen like moisturizer with SPF in the mornings ( La Roche-Posay Toleriane Double Repair Face Moisturizer UV ) and a light-medium moisturizer that's gel like in the evenings ( Kate Somerville ExfoliKate® Glow Moisturizer  ) and pairing it with my  Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil before I go to bed. Unfortunately, when I added this to my regimen, it appears that the product emphasized my dryness and all of a sudden I could feel and very visibly see the patches I was scratching more than usual. Since this was the only variable (aside from increasingly cold temperatures), I will have to return it for the time being and maybe check it out during the summer. On the bright side (ha!), I did enjoy the texture of the serum. It's kind of gel like in that it's light, but still sinks in and feels effective. The only other con is that if you don't rub it in quickly enough, it starts to get a tacky feeling, so definitely work this in fast so your skin can enjoy it!
Roberta M.
I guess time will tell with Ole Henriksen's Truth Serum. I am almost done with this bottle and to be truthful (lol) I haven't seen a huge difference in my skin. 1 oz for $48 and no results yet? Yeah, nope. I have combination skin, blemish free most of the time but kind of dull so I really hoped this worked. I haven't seen any changes in my skin that make me go "OH WOW I NEED TO REPURCHASE THIS!" So, try it if you want and have the extra cash but if not, there are more affordable vitamin c serums on the market. I guess I'll go back to my favorite hyaluronic acid serum from glossier.
Jenn G.
Atascadero, CA
I’ve been really working on my skincare in 2018 and upping my game from just makeup wipes and a drugstore cleanser! One thing I was recommended to add was a vitamin C serum! This was a budget friendly serum but high quality enough to actually do the job. I use this daily, usually once at night. I wake up with GLOWING skin! This smells amazing and a little goes a long way. Hint: the 1oz jar retails for $48, but you can get the .5oz bottles for $15 each! Making an ounce only $30 when bought in the half ounce size!
Amanda M.
Do you actually see results using this? if so how soon into using this product was it visible?
Sharleen S.
New Hyde Park, NY
Would you use this serum at night or in the morning? Does it matter?
Erika H.
Minot, ND
Do I need to get Ole Henriksen The Whole Truth set in order for this product to work or can I just use it on its own? I was wondering if that would be a better decision because I loved this serum, and I was able to sample it from a subscription box. My skin were flawless after just couple uses. Please let me know about your experience.
Jane G.
Weston, FL
I have very sensitive skin. Is this serum safe for sensitive skin that is prone to redness?
Lara L.
Brazil
I really wanna try this product in 2016 because I don't have any serum and heard a lot about it because of the Vitamin C thing. I'd like to know if anyone whos is using and loving it has combi/oily skin and is under 25 years. I'm 19 and don't know if it's for me.