BY OLEHENRIKSEN #9 in Face Serums

Buy now on Sephora
and get 4.0% CASH BACK with
powered by

Brightens, firms, fights visible signs of aging and delivers all-day hydration

Truth Serum is like a daily multivitamin for the skin and Ole Henriksen’s #1 age-defying serum. Ole was an early adopter of vitamin C in skincare, believing that its antioxidant properties and role in promoting collagen make it a crucial ingredient. Supercharged with True-C Complex™ and collagen, this potent vitamin c collagen serum helps brighten and firm the skin as it delivers all-day hydration.

Enriched with orange and green tea extracts, this fast-absorbing, oil-free formula revives the complexion. Indulge in this serum’s sweet, energizing citrus aroma and silky texture as it glides beautifully on the skin for a healthier, more youthful-looking Ole Glow™.

True-C Complex™–stabilized vitamin C derivatives formulated to help brighten the skin and fight visible signs of aging; also delivers antioxidants

Collagen–helps improve skin’s youthful elasticity

Orange and green tea extracts–help nourish skin

Aloe juice–helps soften and condition skin

This product does not contain parabens, sulfates, or phthalates.

Water (Aqua), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Calcium Ascorbate, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Oleth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Hyaluronate, Thioctic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 6.

• Is this worth the money? How do you use it? What kind of ...6 Answers
  • I’m about to try OLEHENRIKSEN Truth Serum® is it safe for...1 Answers
  • Does this have a strong scent?9 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Shakeela L.
Littleton, NC
This stuff is the "real deal." A Vitamin "C" serum which is superior to most all and at a reasonable price. Two stabalized forms of Vitamin C listed as the 2nd and 3rd ingrtedients after water. The 3rd being Calcium Ascorbate which is Ester C (less irritating than others.) The 2nd being Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (very stable and concentrated.) Stability is what you need to look for: simple Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) is not stable and henceforth will not do your skin any good. This serum is loaded with skin nourishing extracts of all kind (many of them fruit extracts.) There are healing ingredients (aloe being just one) along with widely actives of the latest fare. This is one high tech skin benefit. It also contains a healthy dose of Sodium Hyaluronate which binds hundreds of times its weight in water without being greasy, emollient or occlusive to the skin. This product due to its ingredients is a multi tasker if ever there was one. Vitamin C acts as an anti free radical treatment and because of its potency (10%) will stimulate collagen and elastin fibers which are the network within the skin which keeps it tightly draped across the bones of the face (therefore being firming and reversing aging such as lines, folds and wrinkles.) This percentage and quality of Vitamin C will also brighten the skin and fade brown-sun-freckle marks. It will also smooth the skins surface and give it more translucency, the way skin reflects light when it is young.
There also happens to be a coordinating day/night cream (though it has an SPF of 15) called Truth Revealed Super Cream. This name is really an understatement for how it actually performs as performs it does like a German Sports car. It continues with many of the same ingredints, but puts them into a more moisturizing base and adds an SPF (though I use it at night also.) It will super charge the serum as it seals it in when applied in conjunction/over the serum. There are also additional (many) ingredients in the cream (such as peptides, which work on lines and wrinkles) not found in the serum. Used together they are a formidable combination achieving results of products 2,3 and 4 times their price. What more could you ask for???? Highly recommended and well worth it.
Emily R.
Deer Park, IL
Overall I liked that I was instructed to only apply this once a day which meant I could use my other serums at night. I also liked the bright bottle and ease of using it because it dispensed the exact amount I needed which is important since it’s not exactly cheap. I however got lucky and received it as a deluxe bonus gift, and I must say I was able to stretch that out for nearly a month of usage!!
Keep in mind I only used this for 3 1/2 weeks because it wasn’t a full size product so maybe I did not use it for as long as I should. However, I really didn’t see any change in my skin. I like to take close up HD photos of my skin when starting a new product (in order to see a before and after since we can’t often see changes in ourselves since we are used to seeing ourselves every day) so when I checked my before & after photos when my sample was empty... I saw absolutely no remarkable difference in my skin.
If this product were less expensive I may have bought another bottle and continued to use it because like I said I liked pretty much everything except the price and the fact that I saw no difference. I know there are a lot of rave reviews about this so had I been able to afford using it longer I might have seen a significant difference as well.
Christina L.
Egg Hbr Twp, NJ
Vitamin C is essential for more than a healthy immune system. It can actually be a major proponent to glowing skin, too! Especially if you have sun spots, a Vitamin C serum will brighten darker areas and help with the glow! Here my fav C serum from @olehenriksen [truth serum] it has deliver what it promised.

Truth Serum® is like a daily multivitamin for the skin. Ole Henriksen was an early adopter of vitamin C in skin care, believing that its antioxidant properties and role in supporting natural collagen make it a crucial ingredient. Supercharged with True-C Complex™ and boosted with collagen, this powerful antiaging serum helps brighten, visibly firm, and deliver all-day hydration. Enriched with orange and green tea extracts, the fast-absorbing, oil-free formula revives the complexion. Indulge in this facial serum's sweet, energizing citrus scent and silky texture as it glides beautifully on the skin. The result? You see a healthier and more youthful-looking Ole Glow™.

Katie C.
Early
I could not find Herbal Dynamics listed on Influenster. 😭

First impressions: Ole Henriksen Truth Serum vs Herbal Dynamics Vitamin C 25% Rejuvenating Serum. 🍊Ole Henriksen (Ole) Truth Serum-$48-1 oz 🍃Herbal Dynamics (HD) Vitamin C 25% Rejuvenating Serum-$22-1 oz

🧐First Impressions🧐 First off, I’ve used Ole’s Truth Serum & Truth Advanced Radiance Moisturizing Cream for a long time. Ole also has a great, time tested reputation. That said, awesome new products come out all the time. I received the HD product as a prize for an Instagram contest, and my first impressions of the product are very favorable. The HD has a thinner consistency than Ole, but I like it. It goes on very smooth and covers well with minimal product. Both products claim to moisturize, although I find that Ole is a bit sticky. I can apply the HD without a moisturizer on top and it FEELS like a lotion. Ole, I always follow the serum with the lotion (Truth Advanced Moisturizing Cream, $48, 1.7 oz). I do not have an accompanying HD lotion, however I would be very interested in trying one. It looks like a good pairing would be the HD Prickly Pair and Vitamin C Daily Moisturizer ($24, 2 oz). The Ole does have a pleasant citrus scent where the HD is near odorless. Both products have a good run down of age defying, plumping, moisturizing, brightening and skin feel good ingredients. The only big difference I can see is that Ole has collagen. I’m very interested to see over the next few weeks how my skin reacts to the HD product, if there’s further brightening or a reduction in scars and fine lines. So far, I feel really good using both products, but my wallet would feel better with HD. HD is also organic, made in the USA and both products are cruelty free. OLEHENRIKSEN Truth Serum®
Catherine A.
Los angeles , CA
This is something I had been hearing great things about from the acne community. I wasn't sure it was for me as I can barely get rid of my acne quicker with really expensive masks and skincare. But as I get older I get increasingly worried about aging. I would rather prevent than actively treat wrinkles since there's never been a scientifically proven something you can put on your face to get rid of wrinkles and about the only thing that can is medical. So anyway, like I said my theory is prevention. I have extremely oily skin with hormonal acne that isn't severe but it is constant. I have acne scarring and large pores and light smile lines starting at my eyes. My face is so oily that I have to use 2 to 4 large blotting sheets every hour if I don't use any serious mattifying products. So I use the Korean 10 step skincare method. So I use a mattifying toner (Sunday Riley Martian gel) after an acne toner like Clearogen or clinique clarifying lotion 3 then after martian I am trying my serum and then I use a moisturizer that also mattifys me (glamglow volcasmic). Then I use a mattifying primer as well like cover fx blemish control, boscia white charcoal, too faced primed and poreless and a few more. Some serums still make me super oily and are super heavy despite being day serum and some can work with my routine without counteracting everything. This one wasn't the worst but despite every thing it was still able to make me pretty oily pretty immediately. It also gave me two white head type zits overnight. Hadn't experienced that side effect yet. My pimples are usually big, sometimes cystic and they come in slowly and grow and are substantial because they are coming from the inside. There is no outside treatment that can cure them from the outside of my skin. That wasn't the case with these two though. They were very superficial and not something my skin would do on it's own since that's not my reason for acne (food, dirty face, clogged pores from not exfoliating or washing enough,etc.) Also from the research I did, and I know how finicky vitamin c serums are, this isn't a good one. Vitamin c serum needs to be in an opaque air tight bottle. This is air tight but its transparent. The light that gets in kills any vitamin c that may actively help. And not just that but it has a scientifically proven irritating plant extract and fragrance which has been proven to not only irritate but cause advanced and early ageing. And trust me I love fragrance. I'm no granola muncher at all. But according to science, no matter how good it smells it shouldn't be rubbed all over your face but instead placed on sensual points behind the ears and on the wrists, and if I'm honest I spray it on my chest and clothes daily but never on my face. Basically for the price there's better vitamin c and collagen boosters out there like one that keeps winning and showing up at the top of lists that I personally love and spent 88 dollars on a set where this was the only full size thing since this was the reason I bought it, so basically paid full price ($80 for 1 oz) for it. The Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum is amazing. I thought most of their products were just hyped up bs like a lot of skincare and makeup since it got trendy but if a sample pack and 3 days can make me spend that kind of money its got to be as amazing as everyone says and this truth serum sadly is not. It made me more oily despite mattifying products that can always control my extreme oily face below and on top of the serum. It broke me out. And it did nothing it promised at the end of my small bottle. For what this costs I not only expect real science and correct packaging but also real results and this gives neither so sadly I cannot recommend
Devin F.
My holy grail vitamin c! I’ve ventured off trying other competitors and I always go back to this guy! The price is such a steal! I’ve recommended this product to so many people I keep blaming myself for it being out of stock at Sephora for over 4 months! The smallest mini size used to only be $15! I would stock up on it all the time! Now they’ve increased the price to $20, which is still a huge bargain! I’ve been so bummed I haven’t been able to get my hands on it due to it being out of stock for so long. This little guy gives great results and at a super low price compared to many overrated competitors! Nice refreshing light orange citrus scent! The runny serum consistency makes it very easy to apply! So hydrating! You’ll also notice dark spots, lines, wrinkles, and texture all begin to fade away! I cannot recommend this enough!
Guadalupe G.
I wanted to love this since I'd heard such great things, but my skin did not cooperate. I have combo skin, typically oilier on my cheeks, forehead, and nose but as it's winter and I've been a bit dehydrated, my dry patches are particularly sensitive. I thought this would help combat the redness left behind by itchy areas (that weren't pronounced, just irritated) with its brightening & restorative effect. I have been using a sunscreen like moisturizer with SPF in the mornings ( La Roche-Posay Toleriane Double Repair Face Moisturizer UV ) and a light-medium moisturizer that's gel like in the evenings ( Kate Somerville ExfoliKate® Glow Moisturizer  ) and pairing it with my  Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Night Oil before I go to bed. Unfortunately, when I added this to my regimen, it appears that the product emphasized my dryness and all of a sudden I could feel and very visibly see the patches I was scratching more than usual. Since this was the only variable (aside from increasingly cold temperatures), I will have to return it for the time being and maybe check it out during the summer. On the bright side (ha!), I did enjoy the texture of the serum. It's kind of gel like in that it's light, but still sinks in and feels effective. The only other con is that if you don't rub it in quickly enough, it starts to get a tacky feeling, so definitely work this in fast so your skin can enjoy it!
Tess H.
Owatonna, MN
I couldn't swallow the price tag on this BUT my acne scarring and uneven skin was driving me crazy. If my skin is this bad at 22, I couldn't imagine 10 years from now if I didn't do something. This product has SAVED my skin. I have no acne, my scarring is almost completely gone in only 2 weeks. I use it after I cleanse my face with  philosophy purity made simple one-step facial cleanser . After I apply the serum, I apply  FIRST AID BEAUTY Ultra Repair Cream and  OLEHENRIKSEN C-Rush Brightening Gel Crème . I will post before and after pictures once I am a few more weeks in. Stay tuned for an update. P.S. I recommend this product because it smells great, isn't oily, and works well with any skin type IMO. I will be repurchasing this no matter what the pricetag is!
Trisha T.
Brownsville, TX
I picked up a sample of this product at Sephora with my Beauty Insider points, and it was such a great choice. I’ve been using it for a couple weeks now, and my skin has definitely benefitted. Some of my old acne scars have lightened a bit, and so have some sun spots. I haven’t had any break out issues with it. The citrus scent is great, and fresh. However, I do notice that my skin gets somewhat dry after using this product, so I do recommend moisturizing after application if you have dry skin. I use this in the morning after washing my face, and before applying my make up. Really gives me a great glow!

Will update after a longer period of time.
ƖsαƄeℓℓα ν.
Irvine, CA
Vitamin C is so crucial for brightening dark spots and sun damage, so it has always been a staple in my skincare routine. After hearing rave reviews about this serum, I was convinced to purchase the $128 limited edition "Starlight Mother’s Day" bottle, which is a massive 3.4 ounces. After turning 25, I found blemishes take longer to lighten and disappear from my face; with this serum, my skin feels almost "protected" against dark spots ever appearing in the first place, and when they do, they're gone within a day. You can find a cheaper alternative in the Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12% by The Ordinary, which retails for only $12.90 for 1 ounce, but this serum is definitely worth the money.
Amanda M.
Do you actually see results using this? if so how soon into using this product was it visible?
Sharleen S.
New Hyde Park, NY
Would you use this serum at night or in the morning? Does it matter?
Jane G.
Weston, FL
I have very sensitive skin. Is this serum safe for sensitive skin that is prone to redness?
Erika H.
Minot, ND
Do I need to get Ole Henriksen The Whole Truth set in order for this product to work or can I just use it on its own? I was wondering if that would be a better decision because I loved this serum, and I was able to sample it from a subscription box. My skin were flawless after just couple uses. Please let me know about your experience.
Lara L.
Brazil
I really wanna try this product in 2016 because I don't have any serum and heard a lot about it because of the Vitamin C thing. I'd like to know if anyone whos is using and loving it has combi/oily skin and is under 25 years. I'm 19 and don't know if it's for me.

back