BY OLE HENRIKSEN

Meet the clay mask that gives back. Hygge HydraClay Detox Mask, with its unique fusion of kaolin and five botanical oils, thoroughly purifies skin—all while replenishing essential moisture. Infused with soothing botanical extracts and bisabolol, this face mask was developed to help calm, so it’s gentle enough for dry and sensitive skin.

But don’t be fooled—even as it comforts and helps reduce the look of redness, this hardworking mask draws out dirt, oil, and impurities with a deep cleansing action, leaving skin with a refreshed and nourished Ole Glow®.

*Recommended for use 2-3 times per week. Apply a thick layer to clean, dry face and neck and leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse off with water or remove with a damp wash cloth, followed by the OLEHENRIKSENmoisturizer or serum of your choice. We recommend following with Nurture Me® Moisturizing Crème.

• How often do you all do a mask on your face?!9 Answers
  • Has this broke anyone out?1 Answers
  • Is this a good product for troubled skin like large pores and anc...2 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
carla l.
Salem, OR
I was honestly impressed with this mask! I love clay masks and have tried a lot of them which therefore led me to assume that this would pretty much be LIKE all of the other ones. This was definitely different in a few different ways. First of all, those who don't like/can't use scented products will not appreciate this because it does have a definite scent to it. I actually loved it but I'm someone who tends to like skincare products that have some kind of light fragrance. This was also unique because while many clay masks tend to harden as they dry, this one really didn't and instead it stayed fairly creamy even though I left it on for a good 15 minutes and it might have firmed up slightly but not enough to give that "tight" feeling that I know some people find uncomfortable. Lastly, some masks tend to be slightly drying and this one really wasn't at all; it felt very clean and surprisingly soft (I actually felt like my face was much smoother than with some other products that I've tried!) but didn't feel dry or tight. It's unfortunate that the product is so expensive because that's really the only reason it's getting a 4-star review from instead of 5 stars; otherwise this would DEFINITELY be a repurchased item for me.
Shakeela P.
Littleton, NC
Out of the tube, it gave off a really strong floral fragrance. I was not surprised to see fragrance listed halfway down the ingredients list. Unlike other clay masks I've used in this past, this felt more like cream cheese, which makes it highly spreadable. The instructions called for a thick layer so that's what I did. However, I started feeling a burning sensation. This lasted 8-10 mins, which is also about time for removal. I scraped off the excess and wiped off what was left on my face with a damp wash cloth. Surprisingly, my skin did not look red and irritated. It also did not feel as drying as other clay masks. My skin looked brighter and has a matte finish. Active pimples were also hurting less. It's definitely not as hydrating as a toner or moisturizer, but for a clay mask, it's not stripping. Price wise, I think it's definitely overpriced. The 90ml tube will not last very long with a thick layer for each use. Get it if you have money to spare, or save it for a special occasion .
Victoria R.
I have very sensitive skin which has been dry due to the weather. I bought the Nurture Yourself hydration set at Sephora for around $36 which I figured wasn’t too bad. I liked the cleanser and moisturizer, but when I put on this mask (right after cleansing my face), it burned. I left it on for about 5 minutes instead of 10 because of the burning sensation, and when I washed it off my face was extremely red and still burning. This was about 20 minutes ago and my face is still red and barely going down. I’ve had this problem with other cheap, harsh face masks but I did not expect it with this one considering it said it was good for sensitive skin. I’m really disappointed.
amanda t.
Nashville, TN
Very amazing product, especially for those ladies who wear a lot of makeup!! Great for smoothing, tightening, pore minimizing and it smells like a floral heaven!! I use this mask up to 4 times a week. Grab a book, slap on that mask and climb in the bed for a nice relaxing evening wind down!!
Jessica L.
Costa Mesa, CA
I absolutely loved this mask. I was pleasantly surprised on how it doesn't fully dry and crack like most other masks, leaving your face feeling really tight - especially during the winter season when my face is already dry and sensitive. Even without this process, I felt like my face was really nourished and soft after use. It definitely helps any serum you use after soak into your skin. As for the claims of the mask drawing out dirt, oil, and impurities with a deep cleansing action. I don't really know if I feel or see much difference here as compared to a mask like the GLAMGLOW Supermud treatment. However, I do love that I can use this mask 2-3 times a week and I have noticed a difference in how soft and supple my face feels after these past few weeks. Would definitely recommend! I received a free sample for testing purposes.

Blair B.
Salt Lake Cty, UT
An honest influenster review.

I started out not liking this product. I have really disliked how oily my skin is lately. And at first I felt like plastering my face with a cream wouldn't aide with that problem.

But as I used it more and more... I started to notice a healing property to acne breakouts that I have problems with.

I noticed this product helping with preventing acne, and healing acne that is already there.

I also noticed this product helping to quickly heal acne that I have already had a go at, and would now be considered a scab and not acne. That's probably where I notice the most difference. This heals damage I cause myself; which is amazing!!

I've already bought a second bottle of this product. My first influenster promoted purchase.

This is one of those products that is the foundation of beauty. Beautiful skin is a result of health; Not covering up blemishes with makeup. I am full-force getting behind that mind-set.
Nelly P.
Arlington, VA
I really needed this mask today. My face was really struggling and I was breaking out in multiple places. I put this mask on and was really unimpressed with the smell - it smelled kind of chemical and very flowery. I was, however, impressed with how easily the product spread. I am sure I will be able to get a lot of uses out of this. I was able to leave this on for a long time, longer than the recommended 10 minutes. This mask was amazing because it didn’t get hard and tight on my face. It came off pretty easily and left my face feeling happy. It didn’t really do anything for my blemishes but it it made me happy and relaxed :)
Melissa V.
I love that it’s a mask in a squeeze tube not a jar! Every time I use my skin looks even toned and smoother. My skin is more combination so I leave the mask on for a shorter amount of time than what the package suggests so I don’t get dry irritated patches in my drier parts of my face. Also works great for spot treatments in more greasy face areas such as t-zone!
Maddy L.
Cuyahoga Fls, OH
I received this face mask for free for testing and reviewing purposes from Influenster, but these thoughts are my own. First, I love the Ole Henriksen brand! I have quite a few of their products, many of which are holy grail for me. This is the first product I tried from the "Nurture" line, and it is meant for sensitive skin. While I love that this clay based mask didn't strip my skin, and in fact leaves it hydrated and clean/detoxified, it definitely left my skin red, even though it it supposed to help with redness. However, since I use this mask in the evenings before bed, the redness doesn't stop me from using this product! Overall, I don't know that it it lives up to the redness reducing claim, but it doesn't break me out, and leaves my skin soft and detoxified.
Michelle H.
Hawthorne, CA
They scents was amazing, not too strong for me personally. It definitely did its job with my dryness and redness. It’s unlike any other clay masks. I was expecting it to leave my skin feeling tight and uncomfortable like most clay masks however it was very soft and surprising left my skin feeling moisturize but not oily! Overall, it did what it said it would which is detoxing the skin and replenishing it.
Dorinda G.
Taft, CA
How often do you all do a mask on your face?!
Amber W.
Where can I purchase this?
Amin F.
I really like this brand but haven't tried the mask yet, is it suitable for dry skin? :-)
April E.
Coventry
Anyone know where I can get this in the UK?
Doris W.
If using it for the first time, will it break my face out?