BY OLEHENRIKSEN #86 in Facial Cleansers

Deeply cleanses, reduces oil and purifies pores

Find Your Balance Oil Control Cleanser reduces excess oil and deeply cleanses pores. Formulated with Green Fusion Complex™, a proprietary blend of potent active botanicals—green tea, eucalyptus, algae (kelp) and Irish moss extracts—with natural antiseptic properties, and neem seed oil, its deep cleansing action helps unclog and purify pores without stripping skin, while the invigorating eucalyptus-peppermint scent awakens the senses. Powerful glycolic and lactic acids help loosen and lift dead skin cells that can cause pore-clogging build-up. Instantly, the complexion is refreshed and balanced with a healthy-looking Ole Glow™!

Green Fusion Complex™–this proprietary blend of potent active botanicals—including green tea, eucalyptus, algae (kelp) and Irish moss extracts—with natural antiseptic properties helps absorb excess oil and refine pores

Neem seed oil–a legendary ingredient in Ayurveda

Glycolic and lactic acids (AHAs)–help lift and loosen dead skin cells that clog pores

This product does not contain parabens, sulfates, or phthalates.

Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycol Distearate, Phenoxyethanol, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Laureth-4, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Melia Azadirachta Seed Oil, Linoleic Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Chonrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract, Phytic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Tocopherol, Limonene.

Buy on Sephora*
  • "I didn't have super high hopes when I was testing this cleanser because I already have a cleanser from Belif that I love but I am all for trying new things and finding new holy grail products. I have to say that this cleanser is AMAZING. My skin feels so fresh and awake after I use this and I love the fact that this range has lactic acid as well as glycolic acids! I have very sensitive and acne-prone skin (but also dry at times) and I think this line has really been helping keep my acne at bay. I use the cleanser, toner, the hydrator and then I finish everything off with my all time favorite Moisturizing Bomb. All in all, I really loved the cleanser. It didn't strip the skin or make me feel too dry and it smells AMAZING :) 10/10 recommend. Thank you Influenster and Ole Henriksen for allowing me the opportunity to try this in exchange for this review. I am happy and I have found some new favorite products." in 24 reviews
Madi P.
Fountain Valley
God, this stuff is good. I LOVE that this formula has no beads of any sort in it. It’s so smooth on your skin and that’s exactly what it does. It kept my skin, which is combination with a severe oily t-zone, smooth and oil free all day in a humid, 80 degree weather day in Iowa. It was my friend’s cleanser and since then I went straight to Sephora and bought it and never looked back. This cleanser does great things for my skin without drying it out or clogging my pores. It’s a bit pricy but absolutely worth every penny. I use many skin care items from this brand ever since- the night gel and the moisturizer in the blue containers are amazing for my skin texture and moisture over night! Love love love this cleanser though, for all my oily girls out there, this one is a winner!
Abby D.
I have seriously re-purchased this cleanser 4 times. Since I'm currently on my 5th bottle, I think it's safe to say that I'm obsessed. Its about $20 for 5 ounces which does seem pricey, but a little goes SUCH a long way! This definitely helps with my oiliness, but doesn't completely get rid of it. It smells really refreshing and gets your skin extremely clean without stripping it. Sometimes I do get lazy and just wash my face and go to bed without moisturizer. When that happens, this cleanser never leaves my skin feeling too dry which I really appreciate. Give it a try, I promise you'll be obsessed!
Daisy T.
San Jose
My oil is out of control, and when I saw all the reviews on this, I knew I had to try it. I've only been using it twice a day for about a week and it's been good so far.

Immediately after using it, my face is oil-free and it looks great. But I find that throughout the day, the oil just starts to accumulate like normal. I also find that sometimes, it makes me a little dry. However, I do see that my pores have gotten smaller, so that's a plus!

I'm hoping I just need to continue using this to see lasting results. I bought the 5 oz tube so I hope it'll last me a while!

Genny C.
Newport News
I love this stuff a lot! I actually go a little crazy when I run out. It helped a lot with my oily skin! I tried the vitamin C cleanser from the same brand and all though I love Ole Henrickson the vitamin C cleanser just wasn’t the same. My skin feels clean when I use this. Skin goes through changes and we need to switch it up from time to time so I think I’ll have to take a break from this cleanser for a little while but I know I’ll pick it up again and I would definitely recommend it to anyone with oily skin.
Nava Y.
Oklahoma City, OK
This was really nice and foam-y on and a little goes a long way. I found a huge difference in my skin’s oil production, so this is a great product for people with oily or combination oily skin.
This does have glycolic acid in it so it might interfere with any medications or retinoids you put on your skin. That was, of course, the problem I had with this and my relation with this product was sadly short-lived.
Dawn H.
Attleboro, MA
I'm a huge fan of the Olehenriksen balance product line. This particular cleanser has a tingly minty sensation that feels like it's cleaning deep down into my pores getting all of the days Grime out. Leaving behind a beautiful clean canvas. Having sensitive skin I have not experienced any type of breakouts or irritations. It's a lightweight cleanser and works well with my Clarisonic.
Sadie H.
Pittsburgh
I've only tried this product a few times in a sample bottle. I'm new to Olehenriksen products as well. I think this is a pretty good cleanser. I don't have extremely oily skin - more normal to combination. My T-zone is the only oily part of my face. I do enjoy the smell of this cleanser.  My skin feels very clean and refreshed after using it however I haven't noticed a huge difference with getting rid of oil but I will continue to use it.
Allie B.
Tappan, NY
This is currently my favorite cleanser! The smell is heavenly, fresh like eucalyptus or something. Super clean feeling, and it’s a thick cleanser that really removes makeup and any residue left on your face. I just love how my face feels after using this, and the price is super reasonable for a high end brand! I have repurchased this before, and I absolutely will again!
Nicole W.
Sacramento, CA
Very happy with Way my skin doesn’t feel stripped. Feels soft, hydrated, and clean after every wash. The price is decent and it’ll last me a long time so it’s so worth it! The smell is so amazing too! This is my first bottle and I bought it in September and I haven’t even hit half way yet. I’m going to invest in more products from this line for my oily skin.
Alexis M.
Alliance, NE
This cleanser is amazing! Thanks to recent hormonal therapy my skin got very oily. I received a sample of this cleanser in a subscription service and immediately went to sephora and bought a full sized one. Love love love. Controls your oils but also moisturizes your skin. It does what it claims to do and that’s all you can really ask for.
Kamille G.
San Diego, CA
Does this cleanser work better in the morning or at night? Also, does it work better with the suggested toner and/or other products in the oil control line? Or is it possible to use it by itself?
Kelsey Z.
Lakewood, OH
Will this help with acne?
Will this dry out my skin if I'm not overly oily or dry
Ivana S.
How do you use it?
Michelle T.
Chandler, AZ
How clean does it leave the skin? Is there any residue and does it dry out the skin?