OLEHENRIKSEN Counter Balance™ Oil Control Hydrator
Which skin type is it good for?
What it is:
A lightweight, mattifying hydrator with potent active botanicals and powerful AHAs to reduce oil and minimize the appearance of pores, and improve the wear of foundation.
- Acne and blemishes
If you want to know more…
This innovative moisturizer is powered by Green Fusion Complex™, a proprietary blend of potent active botanicals with natural antiseptic properties. Combined with neem seed oil and powerful AHAs, it helps keep pores clear and skin matte all day long while maintaining optimal hydration and a healthy balance. Developed as the product Ole Henriksen wishes he had during his own struggle with oily skin, this lightweight, mattifying hydrator gives oily and combination skin types essential moisture to look its healthy best.
This groundbreaking formula also significantly improves the wear of foundation for up to eight hours, making makeup meltdown a thing of the past. The complexion is soft, smooth, and refreshed with a healthy-looking, matte glow.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
What else you need to know:
Ole was inspired to dedicate his life to cosmetic chemistry after seeing his own oily problem skin transform with proper care. He created this mattifying hydrator to address the common fear that moisturizing already oily skin may cause additional breakouts. This hydrator features Ole Henriksen’s Green Fusion Complex™, a proprietary blend of potent active botanicals—including green tea, eucalyptus, algae (kelp), and Irish moss extracts—with natural antiseptic properties to help absorb excess oil and refine pores.
This product is noncomedogenic.
In an independent, lab-verified study, it improved the wear of foundation for 8 hours.
In an independent consumer study on 37 women after 4 weeks:
- 100% said it hydrates skin
- 100% said it balances and refreshes skin
- 100% said it reduces oil
- 100% said it reduces shine
- 100% said it feels ultra-light
- 97% said it mattifies skin
- 92% said it minimizes the appearance of pores
- 97% said it gives skin a healthy matte glow
Green Fusion Complex™–this proprietary blend of potent active botanicals—green tea, eucalyptus, algae (kelp) and Irish moss extracts—with natural antiseptic properties helps absorb excess oil and refine pores
Neem seed oil–a legendary ingredient in Ayurveda
Rosehip fruit extract–helps reduce oil production and fights shine while minimizing the appearance of pores
Salicylic acid (BHA) + glycolic & lactic acids (AHAs)–help lift and loosen dead skin cells that clog pores
This product does not contain parabens, sulfates, or phthalates.
Water/Aqua/Eau, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Acrylates/C10-30 Alykyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Polysorbate 20, Linoleic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Melia Azadirachta Seed Oil, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, Methyl Gluceth-20, Caprylyl Glycol, Linolenic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Bisabolol, Allantoin, Phytic Acid, Parfum/Fragrance, Saccarhide Isomerate, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Tocopherol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Oleanolic Acid, Limonene.see more...
Top Questions See all 43 Q&A
- "The hydrator has been tested on wearing foundation for 8 hours according to the products website, and I did my own test knowing this, while wearing my foundation for at least 8-9 hours, and I have to say my make up looked 100% better when using this product than it did before. I always noticed later on when wearing foundation that my pores would show through my make up, but using this product, I didn't see any pores at all no matter how light, or how heavy the foundation was, it didn't matter if I used setting spray or setting powder, they didn't show through. I love how hydrating this product is for my skin, as well as remaining very light and just smooth, and would highly recommend it if you're looking for a hydrator for your skin being dry. It's not something that makes your skin feel completely oily again like a lot of hydrating products do. It was amazing to be able to try it for free through a kit ([product:ole-henriksen-balance-it-alltm-essentials-set]) from influenster and genuinely like it so much that I can honestly review it as a product that I love and will continue to use." in 35 reviews
- "I am obsessed with this moisturizer! ive been using it for a week and it is my new favorite way to wake up! the bright eucalyptus scent is invigorating! i have horrid oily sensitive skin so its hard to find products that help me manage that without stripping my skin. this whole line has been amazing. after the first day ive been able to go to work with nothing on my face and not looked like an oil slick by lunch. coworkers have even commented on my healthy glowy skin! this will definitely become a part of my new morning routine! i love it with the toner and cleanser, the fill package has been amazing for my skin! i feel so hydrated without feeling oily. i honestly sometimes stay away from moisturizer at all because it makes my skin so oily, this absorbs immediately and is so lightweight i cant recommend it enough for people with oily skin" in 14 reviews
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos