BY OLEHENRIKSEN #71 in Facial Moisturizers

Which skin type is it good for?
✔ Normal
✔ Oily
✔ Combination
✔ Dry
✔ Sensitive

What it is:
A lightweight, mattifying hydrator with potent active botanicals and powerful AHAs to reduce oil and minimize the appearance of pores, and improve the wear of foundation.

Solutions for:
- Oiliness
- Pores
- Acne and blemishes

If you want to know more…
This innovative moisturizer is powered by Green Fusion Complex™, a proprietary blend of potent active botanicals with natural antiseptic properties. Combined with neem seed oil and powerful AHAs, it helps keep pores clear and skin matte all day long while maintaining optimal hydration and a healthy balance. Developed as the product Ole Henriksen wishes he had during his own struggle with oily skin, this lightweight, mattifying hydrator gives oily and combination skin types essential moisture to look its healthy best.

This groundbreaking formula also significantly improves the wear of foundation for up to eight hours, making makeup meltdown a thing of the past. The complexion is soft, smooth, and refreshed with a healthy-looking, matte glow.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
Ole was inspired to dedicate his life to cosmetic chemistry after seeing his own oily problem skin transform with proper care. He created this mattifying hydrator to address the common fear that moisturizing already oily skin may cause additional breakouts. This hydrator features Ole Henriksen’s Green Fusion Complex™, a proprietary blend of potent active botanicals—including green tea, eucalyptus, algae (kelp), and Irish moss extracts—with natural antiseptic properties to help absorb excess oil and refine pores.

This product is noncomedogenic.

Research results:
In an independent, lab-verified study, it improved the wear of foundation for 8 hours.

In an independent consumer study on 37 women after 4 weeks:
- 100% said it feels ultra-light
- 97% said it mattifies skin

- 92% said it minimizes the appearance of pores

- 97% said it gives skin a healthy matte glow

Green Fusion Complex™–this proprietary blend of potent active botanicals—green tea, eucalyptus, algae (kelp) and Irish moss extracts—with natural antiseptic properties helps absorb excess oil and refine pores

Neem seed oil–a legendary ingredient in Ayurveda

Rosehip fruit extract–helps reduce oil production and fights shine while minimizing the appearance of pores

Salicylic acid (BHA) + glycolic & lactic acids (AHAs)–help lift and loosen dead skin cells that clog pores

This product does not contain parabens, sulfates, or phthalates.

Water/Aqua/Eau, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Acrylates/C10-30 Alykyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Polysorbate 20, Linoleic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Melia Azadirachta Seed Oil, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, Methyl Gluceth-20, Caprylyl Glycol, Linolenic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Bisabolol, Allantoin, Phytic Acid, Parfum/Fragrance, Saccarhide Isomerate, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Tocopherol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Oleanolic Acid, Limonene.

• Is this a gel moisturizer? Cremes don't work for me2 Answers
  • I’m super oily ... does this really work ? Suck a hefty price tag ..2 Answers
  • Ohhhh anyone try this1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Megan B.
Vestal, NY
This is hands down the first thing I put on my skin after washing my face.. I love the feeling so much. I was at sephora and one of the girls there helped me pick this out. I feel like this is worth the price! If you have oily skin and need a moisturizer this is my go to! I felt like anything else I put under my foundation and primers were fighting with them and made my face so much more oily but this controls it while helping my skin look good! I also apply with a brush so I don't add oils from my hands into the application.
Lacy T.
Tampa, FL
This product completely dried out my face. It did the exact opposite of being hydrating. There are multiple patches around my mouth, eyelid, and cheeks that have become so patchy, flakey, and dry. This product burned my skin and it has become terribly red and irritated. I tried to give it a fair chance and use it over the course of a month, but it kept burning my face, drying it out, and only making things worse.
💕 t.
I apply  OLEHENRIKSEN Counter Balance™ Oil Control Hydrator every morning before I put my makeup on and on nights when my skin just needs some extra moisture. It has worked wonders on my skin since my face tends to get very shiny throughout the day and this product really helps prevent a lot of that.
Laura Y.
Ithaca, NY
This product worked really well for my dry skin. It totally eliminated any dry patches I had on and a little bit of product really went a long way. Just a tiny dollop had my entire face covered and moisturized throughout the entire day. I would definitely use this if my skin was as oily as it used to be.
Elena R.
Tuscaloosa, AL
This moisturizer is very hydrating and makes my skin feel healthy after use. It has a very strong scent that is a little too much when I use a lot of this product, especially around the nose area! Once you get past the smell it’s great!
Natalie B.
Stockton , CA
I usually don't like writing reviews, but with this product I felt like I had to. This product has not only changed my morning routine but also my life. Amazing product that really gets into my pore, it smells great and wouldn't change it for anything else. Will continue using for life.
Gigi W.
Marshfield, MA
One star because it did the complete opposite of what it should do lol. I actually looked more oily then I normally do when I have this on. It’s light when applying, but the fact it’s supposed to balance oils and it makes my forehead look extremely oily is definitely upsetting.
Cyndi C.
Davenport, FL
I love this moisturizer. It’s very light and only slightly greasy. It dries almost immediately which is always a plus! The bottle is super cute and easy to use! I actually received this in a vox box and love it so much I would definitely purchase it when I run out!
Ana S.
Wauconda, IL
I loved this moisturizer. From the smell to the way it left my skin feeling super soft and supple. It’s minty so it leaves a tingling clean feeling after use. Especially with the rest of the skincare line (cleanser, toner, moisturizer). Love it!! Highly recommend.
Michelle A.
I enjoy applying this lotion before applying makeup. It makes my skin feel hydrated and keeps oil production low throughout the day. I don't use this at night.

It contains AHAs so I make sure not to use this at the same time that I apply Vitamin C or other exfoliants. It also has a minty green tea smell that I really enjoy. If you are sensitive to scents, you may want to test with a sample first.

I highly recommend for anyone with oily skin to try this product as their base for makeup application.
Helene K.
Minneapolis, MN
Does this control oil all day for someone with super oily skin? How well does it work?
Ashley R.
San Antonio, TX
I'm thinking of trying this or the Clinique Gel Moisturizer. My face is like really really oily I always feel like a grease ball by mid day :( lol I can never find a good moisturizer for my oily skin. Which one you think would be best?
michelle k.
Florence, AL
Does this work well? My son has horrible skin. Help
Charlie A.
Columbus , OH
I’m super oily ... does this really work ? Suck a hefty price tag ..
Ariana O.
Apopka, FL
I currently use a moisturizer by No.7 and it comes with a night and day cream and still leaves my face so oily, I would love to try this product and hope to see great results! What are the pros and cons?