BY OLEHENRIKSEN #9 in Toners & Astringents

Controls oil, helps minimize the appearance of pores and freshens skin

This concentrated facial astringent effectively removes excess oil and refines pores—without stripping skin. It’s formulated with Green Fusion Complex™, a proprietary blend of potent active botanicals—green tea, eucalyptus, algae (kelp) and Irish moss extracts—with natural antiseptic properties. With a powerful blend of both BHA and alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs)—salicylic, glycolic and lactic acids—and neem seed oil, its gentle clarifying action helps unclog, purify and minimize the appearance of pores. This refreshing toner features an energizing eucalyptus-peppermint scent. Instantly, the complexion is fresh and invigorated with a matte, healthy-looking Ole Glow™.

Green Fusion Complex™–this proprietary blend of potent active botanicals—green tea, eucalyptus, algae (kelp), and Irish moss extracts—with natural antiseptic properties helps absorb excess oil and refine pores

Neem seed oil–a legendary ingredient in Ayurveda

Salicylic (BHA) + glycolic & lactic acids (AHAs)–help lift and loosen dead skin cells that clog pores

This product does not contain parabens, sulfates, or phthalates.

Water/Aqua/Eau, Polysorbate 20, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Gylcerin, Gluconolactone, Glycolici Acid, Lactic Acid, Oleth-20, Salicylic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Benzoate, Menthyl Lactate, Eucalpytus Globulus Leaf Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Melia Azadirachta Seed Oil, Linoleic Acid, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Linolenic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Calcium Gluconate, Benzoic Acid, Tocopherol, Limonene.

• Is anyone else having problems with uploading their revie...1 Answers
  • I got free samples for this but just for 7 days.. is it g...3 Answers
  • I currently use the face wash but have been contemplating...5 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Nataly G.
First of all, this item is pretty expensive so I expect a lot from it. It got some rave reviews from a YouTuber I really trust but unfortunately it wasn’t for me.

I have oily combo skin and I found that this product did make my face feel clean and fresh (hence the 2 stars) however I broke out so bad. I’m talking big painful acne marks on my cheeks and a ton of small white bumps on my forehead. I let it slide for about a month to see if it was just working at the under the surface acne but my face was just getting worse. (And I don’t typically suffer from big acne, just little pimples here and there)

After going back to my usual natural witch hazel toner my skin is slowly going back to normal.
I would say use with caution, Ive heard it works wonders for others but unfortunately was my demise.
Ashleigh G.
Edmonton, AB
This is the second high end toner I've tried and I LOVE it! I have oily/combo skin, and I found a lot of other toners would "dry" out my face, this one does not do that. I love the smell as well, others I tried I felt had an overpowering smell of alcohol (which would explain why they dried out my skin). This toner smells minty to me and gives me a slight cooling sensation when applying, I apply with a cotton pad and it works perfectly.

My oils are at bay without over-drying my face and it has helped clear up some problem areas on my face. Overall I love it and will continue to use it daily in my skin care routine.
Liaren D.
So I'm sure like everyone else, I also heard about this from Desi Perkins. She raved about it on her youtube and on snapchat, so I also had to try it. But to be honest, I think it's alright. It didn't work for me like she raved it to be. But then again, I do understand that we all have different skin. So what may work for her, might not work on me and vice versa. But the pro of this product is that it really did take off excess dirt, makeup, and oil off my face. Actually, I've noticed that I'm not as oily as I used to be. I used to have really oily skin, so I believe this toner did work for me in that sense, after all it is an oil control toner. This also smells nice, almost like a spa-like feeling. Would I repurchase this? Probably not. But if I did get oily again after not using this, maybe I would.
Colton S.
Kansas City, MO
I love me some toner, but I’ve often run into an oil issue with many of them. Oil-free products are great if they don’t also make your face oily. Ha. This product by Ole Henriksen changed my toner game for good! I alternate between this one & another morning & night & it really does wonders for my skin. AND... I get the added bonus of not having to worry about oily skin at all these days (I also use the face wash from the same collection once a day, as well)! I would recommend this to anyone! Oh! The mint scent is sooo nice, too. It does no wrong!
Autumn S.
I did really like this but it has ahas and I have a reaction with them so I don’t use it anymore but it really did what it said with controlling my oils and it’s more of a botanical blend which is always nice. I don’t recommend to use if you have combo skin and you start feeling more dry because I did notice it would sometimes dry out my face so I would use it less. Omg the feeling afterward is great though that’s why I give it 4 stars it really feels like my face is super clean and it gives a cooling sensation which I really enjoyed overall great product just don’t react well with my skin after time.
Jess B.
Concord, NC
I really wanted to like this. I usually do like ole henriksen products. But this one didn’t do much for me. The only thing I really like is the smell, lol. I bought it because I heard it helped with tiny bumps. I don’t really have a problem with acne, but I do have a little bit of texture on my forehead that I wanted to get rid of. Unfortunately this did nothing for that. It does help get rid of leftover makeup after cleansing, but my Clinique clarifying lotions already do that. I didn’t find that this helped control my oil, either. Oh well
Ariadne D.
I love this! At first when I tried it, it did make my skin red. But I was not going to give up. I realized that the reason that happened was because I was combing other products that were too strong. If I am already using a face wash with salicylic acid then I only spot treat with this toner. If I’m using a more natural cleanser then I apply this toner everywhere. You would be surprised how much makeup is left over once you use this toner. Even after using a makeup wipe and cleanser this toner still picks up makeup.
Mirvelyn Santos C.
Everett, WA
Overall I'm super pleased with this product. The oil isn't greasy whatsoever. It says 2-3 drops will do the job, but I use way more (maybe 10?). Even though I've used quite a bit in just 6 days the bottle looks nearly untouched. It leaves a yellow/orange look to your face, so I usually put it on before bed. A little bit to dry spots during the daytime isn't too obvious, but that'll probably depend on your skin tone. Every morning I wake up and my skin feels INCREDIBLY soft and smoothed. I've struggled with intense acne for a good year or so now. I've easily invested a good couple hundred of dollars from high end to questionable companies. I love love love that this is animal friendly and so natural. I highly recommend this product and will continue to explore/ test this company's line of cosmetics. The one thing that aggravated me a bit was the fact I payed for one day shipping but it came in two days. Otherwise if you're questioning on wether or not to invest in this don't think about it too much. It's quality for it's price? AMAZING
Jean-Mari S.
Lawrenceville, GA
This product has grown on me a lot. At first I was disappointed because it seemed to make me more oily throughout the day than I'd normally be, and contribute to my foundation melting away. BUT I kept using it and then my skin finally accepted the toner and it has done wonders for me since. My skin is definitely not as oily as it used to be (no more melting foundation from excess oil either), and amazingly my pores have gotten smaller. I used to hate the sight of my giant pores but now I don't even notice them much. I was only getting this as a temporary until I can get all the Korean products I've wanted.. but now I don't really want to stop using this after all the progress.

I deducted 1 star because of the initial adjustment period. This product makes people think it won't work for them initially, when it probably would if they would just stick with it for a bit. Just like acne meds and birth control, your body needs to get used to a new introduction sometimes.
Patricia P.
New York
I have dry, sensitive, acne prone skin and an attendant at sephora reccomended me this line for my acne. It has helped TREMENDOUSLY. I love the face wash so much and this toner feels sooo refreshing. It contains a lot of acids so it exfoliates really well. It does have a strong scent so if you dont like scented products thisbline isn’t for you. Its on the pricier side but its such a big bottle so it lasts a couple of months. I would definitely recommend
Gabriela R.
What does this smell like? I have been using Witch Hazel as my toner and I love it! Will this live up to Witch Hazels high expectations? Also how does it leave your skin feeling? I don't like toners that make your skin feel tacky and sticky
Portia M.
Powell, OH
I currently use the face wash but have been contemplating buying the toner and lotion as well. For those of you that use the full line do you think it makes a difference in controlling oil and blemishes?
Amanda L.
Hanover, PA
Does this really work for controling oil???
Ariana O.
Apopka, FL
I purchased toner No.7 through walgreens but it's not oil control. I have very oily skin and I would love to try this product and see if it helps.
Michelle T.
Chandler, AZ
I have sensitive oily acne skin with large pores. Should I get this product?