BY OLE HENRIKSEN #83 in Facial Moisturizers

Which skin type is it good for?
✔ Normal
✔ Oily
✔ Combination
✔ Dry
✔ Sensitive

What it is:
A lightweight, mattifying hydrator with potent active botanicals and powerful AHAs to reduce oil and minimize the appearance of pores, and improve the wear of foundation.

Solutions for:
- Oiliness
- Pores
- Acne and blemishes

If you want to know more…
This innovative moisturizer is powered by Green Fusion Complex™, a proprietary blend of potent active botanicals with natural antiseptic properties. Combined with neem seed oil and powerful AHAs, it helps keep pores clear and skin matte all day long while maintaining optimal hydration and a healthy balance. Developed as the product Ole Henriksen wishes he had during his own struggle with oily skin, this lightweight, mattifying hydrator gives oily and combination skin types essential moisture to look its healthy best.

This groundbreaking formula also significantly improves the wear of foundation for up to eight hours, making makeup meltdown a thing of the past. The complexion is soft, smooth, and refreshed with a healthy-looking, matte glow.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
Ole was inspired to dedicate his life to cosmetic chemistry after seeing his own oily problem skin transform with proper care. He created this mattifying hydrator to address the common fear that moisturizing already oily skin may cause additional breakouts. This hydrator features Ole Henriksen’s Green Fusion Complex™, a proprietary blend of potent active botanicals—including green tea, eucalyptus, algae (kelp), and Irish moss extracts—with natural antiseptic properties to help absorb excess oil and refine pores.

This product is noncomedogenic.

Research results:
In an independent, lab-verified study, it improved the wear of foundation for 8 hours.

In an independent consumer study on 37 women after 4 weeks:
- 100% said it feels ultra-light
- 97% said it mattifies skin

- 92% said it minimizes the appearance of pores

- 97% said it gives skin a healthy matte glow

• I got this in a VoxBox and LOVED IT. But I don't ...Be the first to answer!
  • Does anyone know if this actually works? I can get super oily and w...1 Answers
  • I'm thinking of trying this or the Clinique Gel Moisturizer. My fac...4 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Nicole K.
Nicole K.
Las Vegas, NV
The hydrator has been tested on wearing foundation for 8 hours according to the products website, and I did my own test knowing this, while wearing my foundation for at least 8-9 hours, and I have to say my make up looked 100% better when using this product than it did before. I always noticed later on when wearing foundation that my pores would show through my make up, but using this product, I didn't see any pores at all no matter how light, or how heavy the foundation was, it didn't matter if I used setting spray or setting powder, they didn't show through. I love how hydrating this product is for my skin, as well as remaining very light and just smooth, and would highly recommend it if you're looking for a hydrator for your skin being dry. It's not something that makes your skin feel completely oily again like a lot of hydrating products do. It was amazing to be able to try it for free through a kit (Ole Henriksen Balance It All(TM) Essentials Set) from influenster and genuinely like it so much that I can honestly review it as a product that I love and will continue to use.
Kristin C.
Kristin C.
Studio City, CA
I apply this to my face between eyebrows, on nose, cheeks and chin ONLY. This targets my oily areas and it works like a charm. Keeps my face coo, pores look tighter (and happier), plus my makeup stays on longer. My foundation doesn't slip off or "soak in" as fast as it did without this. I LOVE the smell. It's already getting hot in SoCal and this fresh lite minty smell makes me feel cool and clean. It's the best way to wake up my face in the AM when it's already getting warm outside. My routine: My personal facial cleanser from my Derma, then Olehenriksen toner, a prescription face pad, CB Hydrator, eye cream, spf cream, foundation. It's a few steps but each one has a purpose. My skin is looking and feeling amazing. I am so happy I was sent a Olehenriksen kit to try out and review. It's become an important part of keeping my skin young looking & healthy.
Mirror M.
Mirror M.
Tallahassee, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Just like the other products, the moisturizer smells like eucalyptus and green tea, which is pretty relaxing and a nice scent to linger during my night time skincare routine. The formula is super lightweight, and you can’t even tell it’s on once applied. It absorbs super quickly too, so you don’t have to worry about getting moisturizer everywhere if you put it on before bed. This moisturizer wasn’t as hydrating as I would have liked, but it did minimize the look of my pores and draw out some of the oil on my face, leaving me with mattified skin. I tried using this in the morning under my makeup, and it definitely works better as a daily moisturizer, and not an overnight moisturizer.
Gillian H.
Gillian H.
Fort Collins, CO
I was a little hesitant to try out any new products on my very sensitive breakout prone skin but I have to say I am in LOVE with the Ole Henriksen products! This moisturizer has been great for my skin. I use it after cleansing my face morning + evening and as part of the 3 part system, my skin has been clearing up from breakouts and feels more even and "glowly"! This hydrator makes my skin feel very dewy but also has a perfect matte finish. These products have a minty smell which personally isn't usually my favorite but because these products work SO well for my skin I'm quite alright with that!  I have been using the same skin cleansing system for years and am happy to say that these products are my new go to! (I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.)
Ashley J.
Ashley J.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Ole HenriksenCounter Balance™ Oil Control HydratorI received this hydrator complimentary from Influenster for free for testing purposes and to give an honest review and I must say it is one of my favorite moisturizers!! The consistency is very creamy yet not greasy and it has a very earthy/plant smell to it with a hint of menthol. What I love most is that it really controls the oil I get in my T Zone and it helps to prevent future breakouts. Since using this product I've noticed that I do not have to touch up my makeup throughout the day since it keeps my oil at bay. It truly is an amazing product! I high recommend this hydrator!!
Kierstin D.
Kierstin D.
Springfield, OR
I received this product to try out from Influenster and so far I really enjoy the product! I have been using this, along with the toner and cleanser from the Balance line for about 3 weeks now and have noticed a tremendous difference. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone and have found that my t-zone has become more matte and less oily appearing. At first I was nervous that this line would dry out the rest of my face, but that was not at all the case! These products seem to control the shine without turning your entire face into the Sahara desert. The Balance line has a minty eucalyptus scent and a nice invigorating feeling after you use each product. The moisturizer itself is extremely lightweight which I like because sometimes the super heavy moisturizers just don't wear well under my makeup. That is not at all the case here! I would highly recommend this entire line to anyone with oily or combination skin.
Natalie P.
Natalie P.
Lawrenceville, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Life changing for anyone with oily skin! I purchased this in the starter kit that came along with the cleanser and the toner since I had heard such amazing things about the moisturizer but was not ready to commit to the full sized system. The starter kit was $34, and since you only need to use a small amount of each product it can easily last over a month. I was thoroughly impressed. Just after one use, I could tell a difference in my skin. I usually am shiny after a 3-4 hours of washing my face and applying makeup, and my shine was minimal. After one week of using the system, I have noticed that even by the end of the day my skin is still matte with very little shine in my t zone. I am definitely going to invest in the full sized products after I finish the starter set. If you have tried many products for oily skin and are frustrated by lack of results, try this product and system!
Madison S.
Madison S.
I received my Ole Henricksen voxbox! I love my Ole
Henricksen Balancing Force facewash, toner, and moisturizer. They are simply
amazing. I have been using them for 2 months, and I haven’t had one blemish during
those 2 months! MY fave is the clearest it’s been in years. The facewash gives
me such a hydrated and fresh feeling in the morning. I can feel the green tea
infusion seeping into my pores leaving my face fresh and clean. Highly
recommend! The moisturizing lotion doesn't leave a weird residue either, it is
the perfect balance of hydration. I feel like my face is getting nicely
moisturized without getting too oily. It’s definitely my favorite moisturizer
that I have ever used.  Ole HenriksenCounter Balance™ Oil Control Hydrator
Virginia H.
Virginia H.
This moisturizer is very pleasant to use. The scent is not too powerful and the minty feel to it gives it a cooling and refreshing touch. The hydration is nice and powerful, it usually lasts for a few hours and keeps my face refreshed throughout the day. I did notice some burning when I accidentally get it close to a pimple or irritated spot, however it's not that strong. I noticed a significantly lower amount of oilyness in my face, which is fantastic. I also enjoy the subtle tightening feeling I get when I use this in combination with the other two Oil Control items. My favorite part is the neutral packaging. It's sleek, modern and the green color is very friendly. I don't dislike seeing it around my other products. I received this product complimentary from Influenster in order to review it honestly, and all opinions are my own.
Sheila F.
Sheila F.
Newark , NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was lucky enough to received the Ole Henriksen Vox Box free, of course here on Influenster, and was surprised with this Hydrator. It was my first winter (New York/New Jersey winter) after living in Puerto Rico for thirteen years and my skin dried like prune. After the first use I felt rapid changes in the softness of my face and how hydrated it got. I have used it once a day for a few days now and love the result. I just started to use the other products and hope to have the same effect. I love that I can purchase them at Sephora and the price is not crazy pricey. I received this complementary of influenster for testing purposes only.
Ashley R.
Ashley R.
San Antonio, TX
I'm thinking of trying this or the Clinique Gel Moisturizer. My face is like really really oily I always feel like a grease ball by mid day :( lol I can never find a good moisturizer for my oily skin. Which one you think would be best?
Helene K.
Helene K.
Minneapolis, MN
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this control oil all day for someone with super oily skin? How well does it work?
Hannah Q.
Hannah Q.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Can you use this as a primer for foundation or what primer would be good with this? Using born this way foundation
LaMiyaa H.
LaMiyaa H.
Raleigh, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this considered a serum ? And how did it react to oily skin ?
Ariana O.
Ariana O.
Apopka, FL
I currently use a moisturizer by No.7 and it comes with a night and day cream and still leaves my face so oily, I would love to try this product and hope to see great results! What are the pros and cons?