BY OLE HENRIKSEN #7 in Serums

Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination Dry Sensitive A powerful antiaging serum formulated with vitamin C and collagen for brightening and all-day hydration. Solutions for:- Dryness- Dullness and uneven texture- Loss of firmness and elasticity If you want to know more… Truth Serum® is like a daily multivitamin for the skin. Ole Henriksen was an early adopter of vitamin C in skin care, believing that its antioxidant properties and role in supporting natural collagen make it a crucial ingredient. Supercharged with True-C Complex™ and boosted with collagen, this powerful antiaging serum helps brighten, visibly firm, and deliver all-day hydration. Enriched with orange and green tea extracts, the fast-absorbing, oil-free formula revives the complexion. Indulge in this facial serum's sweet, energizing citrus scent and silky texture as it glides beautifully on the skin. The result? You see a healthier and more youthful-looking Ole Glow™. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- Phthalates After meeting two-time Nobel Prize winner Linus Pauling and learning about his research on the effects of vitamin C on the immune system, Ole wanted to incorporate this "free radical scavenger" into his skin care philosophy. Research results: In an independent consumer study on 35 women over 8 weeks:- 97% agree this product smooths skin - 94% agree this product leaves skin soft- 91% agree this product absorbs quickly and easily into skin - 85% agree this product improves skin radiance - 80% agree this product creates healthier-looking skin see more...

• Does this have a strong scent?7 Answers
  • When would you apply this? After you cleanse and tone? And night ...3 Answers
  • I normally use this under a moisturizer but I'm forgetful sometim...5 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Lelas S.
Glenview, IL
I adore this serum.
Unfortunately, a little over 2 years ago I started displaying symptoms of a gluten intolerance and I didn't realize what my problem was up until about a year and half in. One of my symptoms was severe acne that covered my entire face from my cheekbones all the way to halfway down my neck. Now that I know what my problem was, I've stayed away from gluten and I can control my breakouts for the most part. BUT my skin was left extremely damaged and extremely sensitive. Because of this, I'm constantly looking for something that will help heal all my scarring (texture and pigmentation) while not irritating my skin - almost everything either gives me a rash or makes me break out. This serum has helped me so, so much in the healing process. My skin has gotten so much better since I've started using this, and it has never caused a breakout or irritation.
It has a very strong citrus smell, so that may bother some. Sometimes you can feel it tingle, especially over area where there's an open scar or an area you've picked at (guilty) - but never gets to the point of irritation.
The only con in my mind (the reason why I took off a star) is that I feel like if I use this every night for a while, my skin gets used to it and it stops working as well. Sometimes I stop using it for a few days and then I go back to it and it starts working again.
I've already repurchased my 2nd bottle. I definitely recommend this product for someone who is dealing with post-acne skin damage.
Meredith S.
Berkley, MI
This review is based on my first impression and first few days of using it. I will update at a later time giving time for the product to work to it's full extent. The smell is similar to the PowerBright, very light in citrus and very refreshing. It is sticky when you first start to rub it in but after a minute or so of drying, the stickiness dissipates. You do have to work fast with this product because it absorbs quickly into the skin. I use two pumps, one for my forehead and t-zone and the other for cheeks, chin and neck. I use 1 pump at a time and work quickly that way it doesn't dry up on you. I've been using the Sheer Transformation Moisturizer on top every morning and it gives my skin a beautiful, radiant, glow. Vitamin C has an array of benefits to the skin including lightening acne or sun spots, diminishing the look of fine lines and wrinkles and protecting the skin from any further environmental damage. I am excited to see the long term results of this product. I will continue using the bottle I have now and most likely will purchase a bottle to continue the usage. Depending on your skin, you may not see results right away but don't get discouraged! Vitamin C is wonderful for your skin and with consistency, you will see the results. I will update my review soon when I've been using this product for a few weeks. I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.
Breyonna S.
I bought this Ole Henriksen Truth Serum on a whim during the VIB sale at Sephora. For a while now I have been looking for a serum that would help with my skin. When looking for a serum I wanted one that was anti-aging, something that will decrease my acne, brightening, to help with the textures on my skin, and to just overall make my skin look and feel healthier. After using this, I can definitely see a difference in my skin. It feels a lot smoother and brighter already after a few uses of this product. When I apply mine I cleanse my face first with my First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser, apply this serum, and then apply my Clinique Moisture Surge Moisturizer. When you apply serums you want to apply them before your moisturizer. This serum is a Vitamin C enriched formula, so if you don't like citrus or oranges you definitely will not like this. I also like the packaging because you can twist to either 'open' or 'close' the pump, which will be great for traveling. Cannot recommend this produ
Michelle B.
Huntington Beach, CA
It does what it says. The Vitamin C content in this is really good. My skin glows after first application. With continued, regular use, I get more even tone and slight refinement in texture. It definitely brightens skin tone. I do not think it works miracles with lightening dark spots, though mine are not ace scar dark spots (which I believe are easier to lighten); mine are patches of melasma that nothing except a medical prescription will fix (and even then, just barely), so I think for other people it might work better in that department.

I bought this at Sephora a long time ago (and have repurchased multiple times), after going through a mini-size & loving it. Ole Henriksen's Truth Serum is a classic. Even if you don't need the slight brightening effect and the smoothing, it is just an important product to have & use because Vitamin C is such a powerful antioxidant. It's one of those top five products that everyone, man and woman, ought to have.
Vanna L.
Colorado Spgs, CO
This is a high potency serum that's formulated with a proprietary 5-source vitamin C complex to help brighten, boost collagen, and minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It's enriched with green tea extract and sodium hyaluronate and is oil free, as well as paraben, sulfate, and phthalate free. It has a light, citrus-y scent and is light orange in color. I've been using this daily for about 2 weeks, and while I have noticed some subtle brightening, I don't quite think I would pay almost $50 for the full sized bottle. Another thing that turns me off is the fact that this serum is orange; most vitamin C serums turn orange when oxidized, and the fact that they made the serum orange could easily hide oxidation, so I would have no idea when the product is no longer effective. A small design flaw, but admittedly a deal breaker for me. I really like the serum, but I need to be able to tell when my vitamin C serum has kicked the bucket.
Komies R.
Where do i begin about this product? This was my very first vitamin c serum i ever purchased - one of my first sephora purchases a long while ago - i have grown since then and so has my knowledge in ingredients and products. This product was decent when i first started using it - As in could feel the brightness a little and thats about it. I find it almost TOO STICKY. and for this price point its a bit ridiculous to pay for something that just sits on your face. Another thing, this uses "vit c" and added colour to make it look orangish in a CLEAR BOTTLE. If you actually invest in a real "vitamin c"serum or a cream you will see the company invests in DARK sealed bottles where the light cant enter and oxidize the vitamin C rendering it ineffective - such is the case with this product. ITS USELESS.

IF you want a vit c serum look for DRUNK ELEPHANT brand and purchase the VITAMIN C serum from them. Its $$ but well worth the investment.
Katie G.
Arlington, MA
I want to preface this review by saying that skincare is 100% personal and has such unique results for everyone. This product is not for me. I have sensitive combination skin and the wrong products provide disastrous results. I really tried to make this product work for my skin, varying the amount applied as well as the method of application - from smoothing all over to gently dabbing. This almost always left a sticky sensation after applied, even when just a very small amount was used. I also found that it irritated my skin a along my cheekbones - perhaps too close to my sensitive under eye area. I love Ole Henriksen products and think they do nothing short of the best quality but this product just didn't seem compatible wit my skin. Also seemed to disrupt my makeup when used with a light moisturizer. I use Bobbi Brown foundation for reference.
Jess W.
Chesapeake Beach, MD
I received a sample or this product and fell in love after 2 uses from that pack. I went right out to my local Sephora to purchase it and use it every night in my beauty routine. I swear by this and have gotten my mom one as well. I just turned 30, so I have been really getting into skincare and trying to be preventative. This serum feels moisturizing and has all kinds of great vitamins to help your skin look it's best. The scent is a very light orange smell and you hardly need any product to cover your face (I use less then one pump for entire face and neck). I know the price is a little high, but for a great product I believe it is worth it. After adding this to your face and neck wait a few mins and then add a good moisturizer on top. I noticed a brightening after one use and I can see that my skin is being nourished!
Dominique P.
Waverly, VA
I received this product in my Ole Henriksen VoxBox, but don't be fooled that would never stop me from doing an HONEST review. I have used tons of facial products from drug store to high end ranging at $150 a product because I have slight hyperpigmentation and I wear makeup almost daily so skin care is essential. I love this product, from the way it smells to the fresh slight tightening feeling it gives my skin. I have absolutely seen a difference in my dark spots and overall face in general looks radiant. The only reason I am giving this product 4 stars and not 5 is because I use it combination with Ole Henriksen's sheer transformation so I'm not sure which product is providing the best results but I certainly know they are phenomenal in combination and I WILL repurchase full sizes before I run out.
APRILLE P.
Spring , TX
I'm still on the fence about this product as far as it's effectiveness on brightening and helping reduce the appearance of large pores and wrinkles. Right now my review is only based on how it reacts to my skin. I have combo-oily skin and maybe that's why it takes a while for this product to get absorbed into my skin. For me, my morning products have to be lightweight and be absorbed quickly as I'm normally always rushing to get ready. I noticed that if I rubbed it too long it balls up so I started to just press it onto my skin. Even if I do that, if I do not wait long enough before applying my daily moisturizer the product still balls up. I'm still trying to see if I can make this product work for me but for now perhaps this is better for people who are more on on the dry side.
Amanda M.
Do you actually see results using this? if so how soon into using this product was it visible?
Sharleen S.
New Hyde Park, NY
Would you use this serum at night or in the morning? Does it matter?
Erika H.
Minot, ND
Do I need to get Ole Henriksen The Whole Truth set in order for this product to work or can I just use it on its own? I was wondering if that would be a better decision because I loved this serum, and I was able to sample it from a subscription box. My skin were flawless after just couple uses. Please let me know about your experience.
Jane G.
Weston, FL
I have very sensitive skin. Is this serum safe for sensitive skin that is prone to redness?
Lara L.
Brazil
I really wanna try this product in 2016 because I don't have any serum and heard a lot about it because of the Vitamin C thing. I'd like to know if anyone whos is using and loving it has combi/oily skin and is under 25 years. I'm 19 and don't know if it's for me.