BY OLE HENRIKSEN #53 in Serums

An exceptionally lightweight face gel for a youthful-looking complexion. This powerful gel seals in essential vitamins and minerals for deeply nourished skin. It supports natural cell turnover, improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and smooths texture, resulting in a beautiful, radiant, youthful-looking complexion. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- Phthalates

• I love gel cream for summer though I have dry skin will this work f...2 Answers
  • How is this product for sensitive skin? I have seasonal eczema on m...2 Answers
  • Is this product as good as everyone says? I struggle with cystic ac...3 Answers
Hannah A.
Hannah A.
What It Is:

An overnight resurfacer with twelve sources of AHA complex in a light gel formula.

How It Smells/Looks/Feels:

It smells very chemically and oddly enough, a little bit like play dough. It looks clear and the gel is very thin but not watery. It feels smooth going on the skin and sinks right in. It feels a little drying, so I always put moisturizer on afterwards.

Why I Like It:

This did the best job of exfoliating my skin and getting rid of my acne. It actually did peel my skin every morning after I used it. I would have repurchased this, but I found something that I like better. I bought Paula’s Choice 8% AHA Gel, which is basically the same thing as this product except I don’t physically peel the next morning. So, I want to stick with the Paula’s Choice product. It is also a more natural choice as well. I do love love this brand, but I found a similar product that is better and cheaper than this one. It is still a great product though.
Luzcely M.
Luzcely M.
I use this every night and have definitely noticed a decrease in the depth of lines on my face. Granted, I am only 22, but you have to start young. I have this one line across my forehead that apparently I got from my dad (my sister and I both have it and my mom says that's it's normal for my dad's side of the family to get it at a young age). I noticed that the line got deeper when I hadn't used this for a few weeks since it got lost during our move. After I came back to this, the line is almost completely gone. I also like the price for the amount you get; Oke Henriksen products are always expensive, so $42 for a 1.7 oz serum of which you only need half a pump for nightly - that's a great deal. However, the smell is gross. I thought mine expired but apparently that's just how it smells. So far that's the only bad thing I found about this product.
Melissa H.
Melissa H.
Thornton, CO
After having a great experience with Ole Henriksen's truth serum, I decided to give this a try and was not disappointed. In fact, I think this ranks as one of the top 3 skin-perfecting serums I've ever used. When first applied, I was skeptical as it was a bit sticky as it penetrated my skin but after waiting a few moments and then applying my moisturizer, my skin felt great again. The next morning my skin looked brighter and more clear. After 2 weeks of consistent use, I found my skin had an overall glow to it. Pores looked smaller, blemishes were gone and my makeup applied flawlessly since my skins texture issues were gone. I've since recommended to friends (from acne prone to anti aging concerns) and they have all enjoyed this serum.
Erin S.
Erin S.
Ashland, KY
Okay, so I tried this out in the 3 mini wonders collection that I bought for the vitamin c serum. This was a bonus for me. It worked well with my skin. When I would get a bit of acne or texture, say from sleeping in my makeup (which I do way to often) it would help clear it up faster in just a few days using this consistently. It is a bit drying so you have to use a moisturizer with it or it's like shrink wrapping you skin. You don't need a lot as it's thin and goes on nicely. It does have a slight smell but it's not unpleasant and you don't even notice once it's on your face. I already repurchases this product and would hands down recommend if you were looking for a good anti aging serum and didn't mind paying to $50 price tag for it.
Kayla J.
Kayla J.
Lumberton, MS
Ok so I just finished the bottle of this and overall I would have to say it did help with the texture of my skin and even fading some dark spots. I noticed the biggest difference within the first two months. It smells sort of like vinegar and lemons which isn't the greatest but after you apply your moisturizer you don't even notice it anymore really. And you have to be sure to moisturize after applying or this will dry you out, I know because I fell asleep without applying it a few times lol I'm not sure if I will repurchase this or try something new because after a while it feels like my skin stops responding to the skin care I've been using but I definitely don't regret purchasing because it did help.
Sara R.
Sara R.
Montgomery, TX
Fraxel Laser Treatment in a Bottle! This stuff is the best skin care purchase I ever made! In the past I spent thousands on fraxel laser treatments to even out my skin tone from acne blemishes. After having clear skin for over a year, I then had a bad breakout from hot yoga classes that left my skin blemished from acne. So, instead of going the laser treatment route again, I bought this miracle night treatment in a bottle. After only one week of using this product, the blemishes on my skin are almost gone. I recommend this product to anyone with severe to moderate acne blemishes. You'll be pleased with the results of using this product.
Rebekah J.
Rebekah J.
Galax, VA
I LOVE this product!! I am in my 40's and naturally am starting h to show signs of aging. Using this treatment nightly keeps my skin so smooth and keeps clogs away. I have dry skin so I do make sure to use a good night cream over it, as it can be a bit drying...if you don't have experience with AHA's or chemical exfoliant a, I would recommend starting by using maybe every 2 nights and then increasing to every other night if no problems arise, and so on. For me, it's been one of the absolute best exfoliating/smoothing treatments I've tried and I've tried a LOT! I highly recommend this to anyone who doesn't have sensitive skin.
Vanessa T.
Vanessa T.
Raven, KY
I like this product, but I'm not sure that it really does anything magical. I asked a Sephora employee what they recommended for textured skin and acne prone skin, and they showed me this. They didn't really explain exactly what it does, but I bought it anyways. I don't use it everyday because I honestly forget to. Maybe if I used it nightly I could see a difference, but if you're like me and need SOME sort of instant change, this is for you. It's not a BAD product, I just probably haven't given it the chance it needs. I do love the pump and I like that you don't have to use much product to cover the face.
Chiara P.
Chiara P.
I LIVE for this product. I got it as a sample at Sephora almost a year ago and am on my third bottle. It is gentle enough to be used almost nightly but strong enough so that you're seeing the results every morning. It refreshes my face nightly and I wake up with fresher skin in the morning than I would had I not used it. It exfoliates and makes my skin glow. I have tried different variations of products from other brands that have the AHA/Lactic acid in it like this product, but like the ease of this serum as opposed to a facial scrub pad.
Toni J.
Toni J.
I dont know why I have not tried this before but I bought this in a gift set. It came with the truth serum and sheer transformation moisturizer, I think. After I cleanse my face I apply this and it gives me a slight tingling sensation which is not bad. I let it set and then I will apply to the sheer transformation moisturizer and I can notice a slight difference. I havent been using it too long so after a couple more weeks I think I will be able to notice it more. I do like it and when I run out of it I will most likely buy the full size.
Alaina R.
Alaina R.
I was at my local sephora today looking for something new to help me with my skin dryness and little lines. The associate recommended that I try this product. Has anyone noticed any changes to dryness or fine lines with this product?
Meghan G.
Meghan G.
What is the best way to use this product and how do you know if it is working?
Lauren R.
Lauren R.
Blacksburg, VA
Is this product as good as everyone says? I struggle with cystic acne around my jawline and dry and sensitive skin. I'm looking for something that will hydrate and repair the skin. Will this help?
Michelle N.
Michelle N.
Manteca, CA
Has anyone with dry sensitive use this product? I'm a real big fan of their brand and would like to purchase. Has anyone noticed any difference after using this product?
Laura L.
Laura L.
Charlotte
This is a pricy item but really want to try. I have combo/oily skin with occasional acne. I have scarring, texture and redness on my cheeks. Would this product help? Worth the money??