BY OLE HENRIKSEN

Which skin type is it good for?
✔ Oily
✔ Combination

What it is:
A pore-purifying cleanser with powerful AHAs to reduce excess oil and unclog pores, without stripping skin.

Solutions for:
- Oiliness
- Pores
- Acne and blemishes

If you want to know more…
Find Your Balance Oil Control Cleanser reduces excess oil and deeply cleanses pores. Formulated with Green Fusion Complex™ and neem seed oil, its deep cleansing action helps unclog and purify pores without stripping skin, while the invigorating eucalyptus scent awakens the senses. Powerful AHAs—glycolic and lactic acids—help loosen and lift dead skin cells that can cause pore-clogging build-up. Instantly, the complexion is refreshed and balanced with a healthy-looking glow.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
During his own struggle with cystic acne, Ole had firsthand experience with harsh oil control cleansers that left skin feeling stripped. He wanted to create an alternative that is a joy to use. This cleanser features OleHenriksen’s Green Fusion Complex™, a proprietary blend of potent active botanicals—including green tea, eucalyptus, algae (kelp), and Irish moss extracts—with natural antiseptic properties to help absorb excess oil and refine pores.

This product is noncomedogenic.

Research results:

- 94% said it restores skin’s balance

Buy on Sephora*
Ruru A.
Dearborn Hts, MI
This is good at balancing your skin you will know once you try this. It neutralizes your face especially if you feel like your ph is off even for us women during that time this helps. It helps control the oil I’ve noticed less oil throughout the day and I’ve only been using this for about a week now. It does remove some makeup but not really mascara. I massage this on my face to get the full effect and you only need a pea size and with that this thing will last more than a year so it’s fairly priced. If you have a lot of makeup on I suggest to remove it before using it so you can get the full effect because you want this to get in your pores.
Courtney B.
Detroit, MI
I love love love this cleanser. This cleanser leaves your skin feeling so soft and it’s not drying at all. It’s gentle enough to use on your face twice a day 7 days a week. It smells amazing but it’s not strong scented at all or overpowering.

If you are interested in buying this product or trying it, you can find it at Sephora. There are 2 sizes, one is a deluxe size/travel size and the other is full size.
Cheyenne F.
Midlothian, TX
By far the best facial cleanser i have ever used in my life! I have used everything from proactive to neutrogena, Mario badescu, strydex, dermatologist recommended products and prescribed like epiduo. Nothing has worked as amazing as this has. I used to get chemical burns on my face all the time from using facial cleansers for acne because of the salicylic acid in them. This face wash makes me feel really clean and it feels refreshing. Not like it’s burning my skin away like with other products I’ve used.
Nava Y.
Oklahoma City, OK
This was really nice and foam-y on and a little goes a long way. I found a huge difference in my skin’s oil production, so this is a great product for people with oily or combination oily skin.
This does have glycolic acid in it so it might interfere with any medications or retinoids you put on your skin. That was, of course, the problem I had with this and my relation with this product was sadly short-lived.
Kristine W.
Valencia , CA
Great facial cleanser to alternate with one for sensitive skin. I love the smell and the fresh feeling I got after using this cleanser. It is a little bit drying so I use it a few days a week and apply moisturizer right after. I saw noticeable results and clearer, softer skin within a week. It is on the pricier side but a little goes a long way and it can last a very long time.
Ursulajoe ..
Sacramento, CA
Very happy with Way my skin doesn’t feel stripped. Feels soft, hydrated, and clean after every wash. The price is decent and it’ll last me a long time so it’s so worth it! The smell is so amazing too! This is my first bottle and I bought it in September and I haven’t even hit half way yet. I’m going to invest in more products from this line for my oily skin.
Shubam S.
So far I have been using this cleanser for a month and I really think it has made an improvement in my skin! It doesn't really make existing acne go away much faster, but I think it prevents it from getting bigger and worse. It has really balanced my skin since I have began using it and I don't feel that my skin is as oily anymore.
Deidra D.
Romeoville, IL
Gentle and refreshing. A little goes a long way. The scent is clean and wakes me up in the morning and gives me energy to continue my skincare routine in the evening. I would definitely give this a go if you have oily/combo skin. This product has changed my skin for the better! Now I’m less oily and breakout less as well.
Jessica ✨.
Seattle
my new favorite cleanser! it doesn't foam up like my precious cleanser (Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser), but leaves my skin feeling even better! unlike with my previous cleanser, this product doesn't leave my skin feeling tight afterwards. This cleanser doesn't remove heavy makeup easily (i.e., eyeliner, mascara, brow product), so I recommend using makeup remover/micellar water to remove heavy makeup to increase the efficiency of this cleanser to get into your pores!

side note: it also has a great revitalizing scent (possibly from the neem seed oil?) which helps me feel awake and alert in the morning!
Hope L.
Pascagoula
I bought this cleanser at Sephora because I am always searching for the perfect skincare routine for my crazy oily skin and wow this stuff works! I use this cleanser everyday morning and night along with the other products in the oil control line from Ole Henriksen and it has made such a difference. I used to wake up with so much oil on my face and that would just make breakouts happen more often but since I have been using this cleanser my oil production has been cut in half if not more. I would definitely recommend this entire line of products to anyone struggling with oily skin.
Kamille G.
San Diego, CA
Does this cleanser work better in the morning or at night? Also, does it work better with the suggested toner and/or other products in the oil control line? Or is it possible to use it by itself?
Kelsey Z.
Lakewood, OH
Will this help with acne?
Will this dry out my skin if I'm not overly oily or dry
Ivana S.
How do you use it?
Michelle T.
Chandler, AZ
How clean does it leave the skin? Is there any residue and does it dry out the skin?