BY OLE HENRIKSEN #22 in Toners & Astringents

Which skin type is it good for?
✔ Normal
✔ Oily
✔ Combination
✔ Dry
✔ Sensitive

What it is:
A pore-refining toner with salicylic, glycolic, and lactic acids to remove excess oil, clarify, and freshen the complexion without stripping skin.

Solutions for:
- Oiliness
- Pores
- Acne and blemishes

If you want to know more…
This concentrated facial astringent effectively removes excess oil and refines pores—without stripping skin. Formulated with Green Fusion Complex™, a powerful blend of both BHA and AHAs—salicylic, glycolic and lactic acids—and neem seed oil, its gentle clarifying action helps unclog, purify, and minimize the appearance of pores. This refreshing toner features an energizing eucalyptus-peppermint scent. Instantly, the complexion is fresh and invigorated with a matte, healthy-looking glow.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
During his struggle with cystic acne, Ole tried many astringent toners that left his skin feeling stripped. He was challenged to create his own version that delivered powerful results, but with a more comfortable, balanced feel.

This toner features Ole Henriksen’s Green Fusion Complex™, a proprietary blend of potent active botanicals—including green tea, eucalyptus, algae (kelp), and Irish moss extracts—with natural antiseptic properties to help absorb excess oil and refine pores.

This product is noncomedogenic

- 100% said it balances skin
- 100% said it absorbs excess oil
- 100% said it controls excess oil

- 100% said it mattifies

• Is anyone else having problems with uploading their review for this...1 Answers
  • I got free samples for this but just for 7 days.. is it good enough...3 Answers
  • I currently use the face wash but have been contemplating buying th...5 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Rachel G.
Rachel G.
Lakewood, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
OMG! PRIMER NO LONGER NEEDED!!
I got the free sample size of OLEHENRIKSEN Counter Balance™ Oil Control Hydrator yesterday. It sounded like it was worth a try and I didn't think twice about it....That IS until TODAY when I used it for the first time!!! OMG, I have been on the search forever looking for a primer that would control oil, help my makeup go on smoothly, and LAST ALL DAY! And although some products help, they are not the best. Somehow I have developed somewhat oily skin, which I never had. My routine includes primer, then powder, then setting spray, then concealer, then foundation in certain spots, then powder, then setting spray AGAIN! Exhausting, right?! All that, and I get to work (mind you, seven minutes away) and need to powder AGAIN! WTH! So I tried this product for the first time today, not expecting much, and certainly not expecting it to take the place of my primer, BUTTTT.....I normally put my primer on before I do my hair and let it set, but today, I used this and it was AMAZING, it gave my skin a smooth, mattified feel and texture, non-oily, yet moisturized. I continued with my hair and kept feeling my face, and it still felt amazing. So I thought, I'm not going to put any primer on today....AND OMG, I didn't need it AT ALL! I wasn't expecting this to replace my primer, but I DO NOT need it anymore! My skin has been OIL FREE ALL DAY (that has been 7 1/2 hours since I applied my makeup!) and NO TOUCH-UPS NEEDED. You just do not know how impressed I am. And alas, my search for the perfect primer has ended. Even though this product is not marketed as a primer, it is THE perfect primer. I was really concerned about my upcoming wedding and how to keep my makeup on all day and for photos, and now I know! SOOOOO HAPPY!!! And just a side-note, I also have sensitive skin, and it has not irritated it at all! I had to stop what I was doing at work and write this, that's how good it is! :)
Sreeja P.
Sreeja P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
The 'Balance' collection is a recent line of products and are suitable for oily/combo skin. The products in this line control oil, mattifies, and refine pores without stripping your skin.
I believe this is an awesome product for some with oily to really oily skin type. I have combination skin, little oily on my tzone but normal around my face, so applying this product took away the natural oils leaving my face feel dry. It is a great product and does what it says but definitely suitable for someone that has very oily skin and has a hard time with excessive oil control. I would suggest for my combo skin girls to only apply it where you need oil control.
This also has a strong eucalyptus scent and feels tingling on your skin when applied but goes away as the product dries off. Keeps your face matte and oil free all day long!! Ole Henriksen Balancing Force™ Oil Control Toner
Madison S.
Madison S.
I received my Ole Henricksen voxbox! I love my Ole
Henricksen Balancing Force facewash, toner, and moisturizer. They are simply
amazing. I have been using them for 2 months, and I haven’t had one blemish during
those 2 months! MY fave is the clearest it’s been in years. The facewash gives
me such a hydrated and fresh feeling in the morning. I can feel the green tea
infusion seeping into my pores leaving my face fresh and clean. Highly
recommend! The moisturizing lotion doesn't leave a weird residue either, it is
the perfect balance of hydration. I feel like my face is getting nicely
moisturized without getting too oily. It’s definitely my favorite moisturizer
that I have ever used. And it
comes in a handy travel size too.   Ole Henriksen Balancing Force™ Oil Control TonerOle HenriksenCounter Balance™ Oil Control Hydrator
Nadia H.
Nadia H.
Far Rockaway, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
This stuff is amazing!!!! I'm a brand rep for dry bar and working and Sephora I tend to ask a lot of questions because sometimes my skin can be out of control lol. I explain to one of the girls that worked in Sephora that I have combo skin and I need it something that was going to keep the oils controlled for the summer time. Right away after explaining my concern she recommended the brand Ole Henderson, so I took her recommendation seriously and I bought the three pack that they sell in Sephora that comes with travel sizes to try out. Instantly when I use the face cleanser and toner that night, my skin felt fresh and dirt free. After using it for a month I realized the little bumps on the side of my cheeks disappeared. Now going into the end of the summer my skin feels wonderful and I can walk outside with no makeup and feel just as beautiful. I hundred percent stand by this line and would recommend this line. Definitely try the cleanser, toner, and moisturizer.
Kierstin D.
Kierstin D.
Springfield, OR
I received this product to try out from Influenster and so far I really enjoy the product! I have been using this, along with the cleanser and moisturizer from the Balance line for about 3 weeks now and have noticed a tremendous difference. I have combination skin with an oily t-zone and have found that my t-zone has become more matte and less oily appearing. At first I was nervous that this line would dry out the rest of my face, but that was not at all the case! These products seem to control the shine without turning your entire face into the Sahara desert. The Balance line has a minty eucalyptus scent and a nice invigorating feeling after you use each product. The toner itself is my favorite part of the skin care routine. It leaves your skin feeling so refreshed and rejuvenated and I love that! This was my first time ever using a toner and I feel like I have really been missing out this entire time. I would highly recommend this entire line to anyone with oily or combination skin.
Chaneya J.
Chaneya J.
Villa Rica, GA
I decided to try this product even though I have super dry skin. It didn't really do much for my skin, except dry me out a little more. I had to use more moisturizer to compensate for the dryness. My friend has acne prone skin and is very oily and she loved this! It even helped with her acne that was already present. I love the smell of this; it smells like peppermint and witch hazel. I would definitely recommend this to someone with really oily skin. I did receive this product for free to try out but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Gillian H.
Gillian H.
Fort Collins, CO
I was a little hesitant to try out any new products on my very sensitive breakout prone skin but I have to say I am in LOVE with the Ole Henriksen products! This toner has been great for my skin. I use it after cleansing my skin morning + evening and as part of the 3 part system, my skin has been clearing up from breakouts and feels more even and "glowly"! These products have a minty smell which personally isn't usually my favorite but because these products work SO well for my skin I'm quite alright with that!  I have been using the same skin cleansing system for years and am happy to say that these products are my new go to! (I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.)
Nicole K.
Nicole K.
Las Vegas, NV
This toner is the second part, that I really enjoyed using in my kit (Ole Henriksen Balance It All(TM) Essentials Set) that was free to try through influenster. This was the product where I noticed my pores definitely looking healthier as I kept using it. You will feel a little bit of tingling sensation, but it just means it is hard at work on your skin. It does dry your skin out a little bit, but that's where the oil control Hydrator comes in to help that. I'm going to say it is so far my favorite toner that I've used ever, and was my favorite product out of the entire kit and it's such a relief that I can review it so honestly that I love this product.
Tatum N.
Tatum N.
I received this in my last box from Influenster as part of the 3-step cleanser, toner, and moisturizer combo and I can't say enough good things about these products. The cleanser actually feels like it's cleaning your face, unlike most soft cleansers that feel like they're just wiping off the surface. The toner tightens up your face and minimizes pores and blackheads. It's also great to make sure you get all the excess makeup and dirt off your face before you moisturize. The moisturizer does make your face feel a little tight and not smooth, but it works really well. My one complain about the line overall is that it does not smell good at all. It's not really an unpleasant smell, but I almost didn't use it at first because of the smell. However, I realized how well the products work and don't even care about the smell anymore. I use these products in conjunction with a Biore Ultra Pore Strip 3 times a week and in just 2 weeks I've seen noticeable improvements in my pore size and number of blackheads.
Rose L.
Rose L.
Beauty Junkie Expert
OMG!! This is amazing to use after the coordinating Ole Henriksen Clenaser. Twice a day and 29 days, later and my pores are clean and tightened! They are almost invisible on my nose! And my pores everywhere else are half their size after just a month! As the bottles are only half full, I am excited to see what they will look like when I run out in another month! I had almost given up as they were gaping (to me) as nothing was working for me, but this toner is the best I have had so far! Thank you Ole Henriksen for figuring out how to fix this problem! I let this product dry thoroughly before applying the coordinating set's hydrator, as it when it was wet the hydrator got watered down a bit and took longer to absorb. Impressed! Thank you Influenster and Ole Henriksen for the opportunity to receive this Balance VoxBox, I am loving it!
Gabriela R.
Gabriela R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
What does this smell like? I have been using Witch Hazel as my toner and I love it! Will this live up to Witch Hazels high expectations? Also how does it leave your skin feeling? I don't like toners that make your skin feel tacky and sticky
Portia M.
Portia M.
Powell, OH
I currently use the face wash but have been contemplating buying the toner and lotion as well. For those of you that use the full line do you think it makes a difference in controlling oil and blemishes?
Ariana O.
Ariana O.
Apopka, FL
I purchased toner No.7 through walgreens but it's not oil control. I have very oily skin and I would love to try this product and see if it helps.
Amanda L.
Amanda L.
Hanover, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this really work for controling oil???
Linda V.
Linda V.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got free samples for this but just for 7 days.. is it good enough to buy?