BY OLD SPICE #4 in Pomades & Waxes

Old Spice styling products deliver awesome looking hair with the least amount of effort. The Spiffy Sculpting Pomade has a moderate hold and matte finish, for hair that's reworkable, again and again and again and again...and then again.

• Does this pomade hold a men's short hair style for a long time wi...2 Answers
  • Does this work for curly hair?1 Answers
  • Does pomade make your hair look natural or greasy3 Answers
Shaurya M.
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
This pomade is one of the best I have ever used. Stays on the entire day, all over amazing.
Jay b.
Great product. Work great smells great. Prefect for the hair
Just. Shower and apply
Joe A.
Raleigh, NC
Spiffy is my go to hair product. I use this as pomade when I just want a light hold, or I’ll use it with water on my hands as more of a gel. It has a slight scent to it, but it is very minor and unnoticeable if you wear cologne or deodorant.
Jory B.
Lumberton, NC
Maintains hold all day without leaving residue on your hands or a greasy feel to your hair. Easy to apply and smells great. Took off one star because my husband says it makes his head itchy sometimes once it dries.
Theo B.
This is a good product that keeps your hair coiffed without the dreaded crackly helmet-head. While the hold is not very strong (there are other products in the Old Spice line that are better suited for willful hair), it's perfect for gently coercing your hair into a neat look. I typically use it right after the shower when my hair is wet as that seems to work the best for me.

Smell-wise, I'll admit it's not my favorite. I haven't found it comparable to any of the other smells in the Old Spice line-up but it's alright. I've been told it smells great by others though.

The one downside I've discovered while using this is it tends to dry out my hair pretty badly. As a result I am planning to try another brand (Tea Tree or Bed Head have been recommended to me) but if the issue persists with other pastes I'll probably come back to Old Spice Spiffy.
Stuart K.
Grandview, MO
When you want to look like a greaser, but less greasy and smell better

This is way better than your grandpa's morning application of left over bacon grease to get that flexible, but sophisticated look. I was actually really surprised by how much I ended up liking this product. I typically don't use pomades and lean a little more toward matte pastes that provide a maximum or medium hold. Spiffy pomade feels like a mix between a paste and a pomade. Back in the day I used to use this pomade called Murphy's that had a handsome gentleman sporting an afro on the lid. Murphy's felt like hard petroleum jelly and left my hair feeling slick, greasy, and would drip into my eyes as it merged with my sweat to become stinging drops of perfume lard. Spiffy pomade has been an entirely different experience. It doesn't feel greasy in my hair, it keeps my hair in place, doesn't seem too affected by sweat, is flexible and can be reshaped throughout the day, and smells amazing.

Unlike most pomades this product does not produce a shiny of slicked back look. It has a dry semi-matte finish, so if you want the slick greaser look then you might need to look elsewhere. For me this is a great solution if I want something with a softer hold. The only thing I would like to see some improvements on is the ingredients used in this product. Old Spice is not natural by any means, so it has multiple synthetic ingredients and a couple of parabens. Overall, I definitely would recommend this product for anyone looking for a flexible semi-matte hold. In full disclosure, I received this product complimentary for testing purposes, but the opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.
Molly S.
Philadelphia, PA
A firm mix between a putty and a pomade this product offers workable hold that lasts all day (and even a few days!) I'm someone who does their hair everyday and always uses product to get the desired outcome. This is absolutely great for that! As a bonus, the smell is great, too! Would buy again and again
Don H.
I got a haircut about a month ago and needed something to push my hair up and back. After using American Crew Fiber and Pomade in the past, I decided to try this instead (not to mention this was $6 compared to $15+ for American Crew) and I love this pomade better than any American Crew I have tried! The smell is nice and the hold is perfect! It was exactly was I was looking for and the price cannot be beat!
Meleah A.
My husband loves this and uses it everyday as a manager of a store. It has a light to medium hold and lasts most of the day, even with hard labor. We are fans of any old spice scents and continue to buy this product.
Annie D.
Omg my brother uses this and he is in love! He uses it everyday and everyone always asked him what product he uses for his hair, he had kinda short thick dark brown hair and it last him a life time! He has been using it for about a year and keeps going to the store to buy more!
Armani M.
How much of this product are you SUPPOSED to use? I feel like I'm always either using too much or too little.
Brian J.
Garland, TX
Does pomade make your hair look natural or greasy
John F.
Holly Ridge, NC
Where can you purchase this item? I received it for free for testing purposes and will definitely need to continue to buy it.
Preston N.
Gloucester, MA
Does this pomade hold a men's short hair style for a long time without becoming greasy looking?
Katherine H.
Cumming, GA
Does this work for curly hair?