Add a Photo

By OLD SPICE
#2 in Pomades & Waxes

Old Spice styling products deliver awesome looking hair with the least amount of effort. The Spiffy Sculpting Pomade has a moderate hold and matte finish, for hair that's reworkable, again and again and again and again...and then again.

Photos (29)
Stuart K.
Stuart K.
Grandview, MO

When you want to look like a greaser, but less greasy and smell better

This is way better than your grandpa's morning application of left over bacon grease to get that flexible, but sophisticated look. I was actually really surprised by how much I ended up liking this product. I typically don't use pomades and lean a little more toward matte pastes that provide a maximum or medium hold. Spiffy pomade feels like a mix between a paste and a pomade. Back in the day I used to use this pomade called Murphy's that had a handsome gentleman sporting an afro on the lid. Murphy's felt like hard petroleum jelly and left my hair feeling slick, greasy, and would drip into my eyes as it merged with my sweat to become stinging drops of perfume lard. Spiffy pomade has been an entirely different experience. It doesn't feel greasy in my hair, it keeps my hair in place, doesn't seem too affected by sweat, is flexible and can be reshaped throughout the day, and smells amazing.

Unlike most pomades this product does not produce a shiny of slicked back look. It has a dry semi-matte finish, so if you want the slick greaser look then you might need to look elsewhere. For me this is a great solution if I want something with a softer hold. The only thing I would like to see some improvements on is the ingredients used in this product. Old Spice is not natural by any means, so it has multiple synthetic ingredients and a couple of parabens. Overall, I definitely would recommend this product for anyone looking for a flexible semi-matte hold. In full disclosure, I received this product complimentary for testing purposes, but the opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.
Henry R.
Henry R.
Vacaville, CA

First off, thank you influenster and old spice for giving us lucky recipients an opportunity to try out products. I received both products in the mail today. Packaging of the Pommade appears consistent looking with all other old spice products. Upon opening, most people who use Old Spice products will be familiar with the smell. The Pommade itself has the right amount of scent, not too overpowering, but enough to keep you smelling fresh throughout the work day. The texture is similar to most pommade products out there and has an off-white in color. Since this is a medium hold, it's got a thinner texture than what I am used to and does not feel sticky to the fingers at all. If I were to compares he texture to something, I would say almost cream cheese like.
Can't wait to give it a try in the morning.
William C.
William C.
Saint Peters, MO

This is a decent alternative to some of the more expensive brands. The texture of the product is actually very easy to work with. You need a little bit more than other brands, but the hold last through the day and I'm pretty happy with that. The price point seems like its good for what you get, but I can see this not being a great product for people who have thick hair. The stuff wears out in about 4 - 6 hours. No big deal, your hair doesn't go flat, but if you have thick hair I assume this is faster or you'll need to use a lot more. I'd say its a great product for the price, the smell is nice, the amount that I need will make it last a couple weeks.
Nick P.
Nick P.

I got this in the Old Spice VoxBox and I was very excited to use it. My hair is very thick, and very difficult to style. I usually can't just throw a product in it and be done. I like to have a lot of volume for my hair. The first thing I noticed using this, is the texture. It is sooo soft and creamy, and not waxy or sticky like other products. This did a great job at holding my hair. Didn't clump, look crunchy, or anything. It is a bit stiff to when you're working with it but it holds great once you've finished. Definitely recommend this to anyone with thick, heavy hair looking for an affordable product that holds.
Ahmad G.
Ahmad G.
Katy, TX

Spiffy is truly an understatement. I have used many pomade from different brands Axe, Got2Be, and Generic brands as well. I like this pomade because its functional, smooth, and easy to apply. The smell is great, the wash is easy, and the feeling during the day doesn't make you itch or greasy. The only reason i didn't give this a full five stars is because the scent is not strong enough. After maybe an hour or two the scent is completely gone. I would prefer it to have a hint of the scent the entire day. The quality to me is really the best i have use thus far. I would definitely recommend this to all my friends.
Steven P.
Steven P.
Rialto , CA

This product smelled great when I opened it. The texture was great and held my hair in place while allowing me to continuously change the need of the hold. I have long hair below my shoulders which is cut in layers and used this product to keep the sides under control. This did not clump or stick like gel keeping a natural look. I would recommend this product highly. Only downfall was me not knowing how much to use initially as I had a quarter sized amount in my hand which was way too much. A little goes a long way. I would recommend this for its holding strength. while keeping a natural look.
Joseph P.
Joseph P.
Wilmington, DE

I won't say that I threw out my old pomade but lets just say it is in the storage cabinet until I run out of this. My hair is pretty crazy with all the cowlicks my hair has this stuff works great. The best part is that it also smells amazing! I have been using old spice deodorant since day one (although I have picked different scents throughout the years). This pomade scent complements the Fiji scent of my Old Spice deodorant very well. I plan on purchasing this product again when I run out!
Leo L.
Leo L.
San Diego, California

So far I have used this for a few days now that I got my haircut, the smell isn't to overpowering and the hold isn't crazy like most other greasy pomeade products. I haven't noticed any flakes and went to bed not worried that I'll grease up my pillow. So far I received this free and once I run out I will more likely purchase this product knowing it does a great job sculpting and holding my hair. Thanks you Old Spice and Influenster for trying out this product.
Ashley A.
Ashley A.
Alpine, AZ

It worked just fine for the price point, according to my husband. His main complaint was that it didn't dry very quickly in his thick hair and therefore didn't look how he would like it too. Personally, I thought it made his hair look greasy. Neither one of us particularly cared for the bathroom air freshener scent it has and would have preferred something closer to the quintessential Old Spice scent. We both prefer the Old Spice Unruly Paste to this product.
Armani M.

This is a very good smelling pomade, I really appreciated the texture of this pomade as well. I thought the pomade worked the way it was supposed to, but I might have used more paste than I was supposed to because I felt like my hair was too matted for my liking. Other than that it was great, I would definitely recommend to a friend. I'd like to add that I did receive this product free of charge from Influenster/Old Spice but all opinions are 100% my own.
Armani M.

How much of this product are you SUPPOSED to use? I feel like I'm always either using too much or too little.
Brian J.
Brian J.
Garland, TX

Does pomade make your hair look natural or greasy
John F.
John F.
Holly Ridge, NC

Where can you purchase this item? I received it for free for testing purposes and will definitely need to continue to buy it.
Preston N.
Preston N.
Gloucester, MA

Does this pomade hold a men's short hair style for a long time without becoming greasy looking?

Join Now