Add a Photo

By OLAY

Olay Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream is a lightly-scented, fast-absorbing moisturizer that hydrates your skin. Over 8 weeks, its formula with a brightening complex fades the look of dark spots, age spots, sun spots and discoloration – evening your overall skin tone. Simply massage the moisturizing cream into your skin each morning before applying make-up and at night after cleansing.

Experience bright, beautiful, healthy-looking skin every day with Olay Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream.

• Hydrates skin quickly and, over time, evens overall skin tone appearance as a part of your daily routine.
  • Reveals bright, beautiful and healthy-looking skin.
  • Fades the look of dark spots, age spots, sun spots and discoloration in just 8 weeks.
  • Lightly-scented, fast-absorbing and non-greasy.
  • Formulated with advanced ingredients that penetrate deep into your skin's surface to help re-energize skin’s appearance.
  • Used For: Skin Tone Improvement, Brightening
Photos (31)
Jenn R.
Jenn R.
Austin, TX
(Disclaimer: I received this product for free from BzzAgent in exchange for my honest review.)

When I was invited to the “My Black is Beautiful” campaign on BzzAgent, I was pretty excited. Haircare, skincare, and personal care products? Count me in! Familiar with the brands, I know that this would be a great, quality bzzkit. I was excited to get it and start trying everything out. Since I’d washed my hair the previous day, I know that I would have to wait to use the shampoo, co-wash, and conditioner. I immediately started off with the Olay Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream. Olay is a leader in skincare so I thought – anything that they put out will definitely deliver. After all, they know skincare… Right?

What Olay promises concerning the cream:

-Contains a hydrating formula with a Brightening Complex to deliver tone ingredients 10 layers deep into skin surface fading the look of dark spots over time
-Brightens, exfoliates and smooths
-Regenerates skin’s appearance to help recapture healthy-looking, youthful luminosity

Sounds great! The bottle instructs you to smooth it evenly over your cleansed face and neck twice a day (morning & evening). I washed my face that evening and applied the cream after patting my skin dry. My first impression was the scent. While it is described as light, the fragrance is definitely not that. It is pretty strong and unpleasant, but I decided to ignore it. If using this would give me more luminous skin, I could look past the scent. When I woke up the next morning, the scent was still as strong and it was lingering on my pillowcase. The texture is not very thick, and the cream left a strange residue on my fingers after use. However, my skin felt velvety soft afterward!

When I wore it under my BB cream the next day, I could still smell the strong scent hours after I put it on. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror later that afternoon and my face looked pretty pale, unnaturally so. I asked my husband if he saw the same, and he did. Definitely not what you want a moisturizer to do. I’d also noticed that when I put it on, it would quickly flake on my skin and I’d have to brush off several white flakes of moisturizer. This happened no matter how much or how little I used. Because I wanted to be thorough with my experience of the product, I pushed through this problem as well.

Over the next few days, my skin started to break out & itch on my chin and my jawline, even drawing the attention of my husband. I started using this cream, hoping that I would reap the benefits of the promises that it claimed, but ended with regrets. Along with the breakouts would come a somewhat stinging sensation when I applied it on some days. Red flag.

I gave it 5 days, but decided to cease using it. While it made my skin feel soft, the breakouts were not welcome. With a price tag of over $20, I am glad that I did not purchase this. I would be pretty disappointed all around, especially since it comes from a company so highly regarded in the skincare & beauty industry.

Did it moisturize well? No. My skin was quite thirsty after putting on the cream. Was my tone perfected? I don’t have a lot of dark spots on my skin, so I can’t speak to that. Was my skin luminous? Not in a good way! While I am thankful for the opportunity to review it, I would not recommend this product. Maybe their other moisturizes are great, but for me, my experience was not a good one.
Walter F.
Walter F.
I am an outdoorsman, however, not so much now-a-days, but I have been left with some sun spots and dark spots specifically on my forehead from my years of being outside with no sun protection. I purchased this product in March of this year, and as it claims to fade dark spots in 2 months, I expected to see no major results until May. May rolled around, and I have to say that while my skin did look more even, the dark spots themselves seemed to have made no clear indication that they were fading. I used this product in the morning and applied sunscreen after, and at night, both times after washing my face. While the product is very smooth-feeling and has a nice subtle smell, I read reviews from other people that said that it wasn't that absorbent. However, after doing my own research once I decided to finally start taking better care of my skin now that I'm in my mid-twenties, I learned that you have to apply moisturizer within 1 minute of stepping out of the shower/washing your face, and following this rule, I never encountered an issue with this cream not absorbing into my skin. All in all, it really is a great moisturizer and I did continue to use it after the 2 month period until it was out, but it didn't deliver the results that I had hoped for.
Jacqueline B.
Jacqueline B.
Feeding Hills, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've been using this cream for a while now, and I'm completely redoing my review on it. The more I use it, the less I like it. I find that it hasn't been doing anything special for my skin. It smells great. That's about it. It does make my skin soft but I don't really like the feeling of it- it just sits on my skin like a silicone-y/filmy feeling. Other than that, my skin is pretty much the same. Sometimes it does even feel worse but it could just be hormonal breakouts (which I feel it makes those a little worse). There are much less expensive night creams out there that I have found to work so much better. I just find this, and (a now biased view but oh well) other Olay products, to be gimmicky.
**Update: I just switched to a different night cream (a different brand overall), and IMMEDIATELY my face feels so much better. So this cream really has been freaking my skin out for the passed couple months.
Daniella Christal Jo G.
Daniella Christal Jo G.
Caneyville, KY
I have tried A LOT of creams, because having a combination of dry and oily skin can be a bit tricky when using anything moisturizing. I happened to receive this as a sample in a magazine, and I absolutely fell in love! Usually with creams like this, my skin gets oily far faster and the moisturizing effects don't last long, so I get stuck with oiled up dragon scales on my face and an icky sticky residue feeling that won't go away. This product is the exact opposite; my skin feels healthy, smooth, and well balanced in the slickness department. It even does as it claims by evening out my skin tone, and vastly improved the texture. I have spent 2x the amount on brand name creams, only to end up disappointed at having waste my money. If your considering getting this, just get it and know that every penny you spend on it will be well worth it!
Victoria C.
Victoria C.
Deptford, NJ
I received a sample of this from another company and put it on before bed and in the morning, an hour or so after I noticed like residue on my face from it and i wiped it and it like peeled off. I felt throughout the day that my skin was feeling a little sensitive more then usual, and tonight in the shower I washed my face with my Alba natural cleanser and noticed a alright burning sensation which I've never had experienced before with my cleanser and I get out the shower and my face is super red and blotchy and burning. So moral of this review is if you have SENSITIVE skin DO NOT USE! Not worth it. The smell of this is very flowery and strong definitely not something I want in a daily cream.
tracy r.
tracy r.
Bayville, NJ
This is, by far, my favorite facial cream. I have been using it for less than 8 weeks but my complexion has improved dramatically in the 5 weeks that I have been using it. The very first time I tried the foil sample, my skin was GLOWING so beautifully so I went out and purchased the full size jar. The only downside is the cost per amount of product. The price into too bad, but $22 buys me 1 jar that only lasts me a little over a month. No biggie because it's just that good.

I apply very small amounts in sections; first I'll do my forehead, one cheek, the other cheek, eyelids, nose, chin, neck. It spreads well but dries very quickly without leaving a greasy feeling on your face.
Rachel C.
Rachel C.
June 10, 2016, 3:17 p.m.
Review for: Olay Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream
The product has a greasy feel upon application and leaves a tacky feel behind, like a foundation that doesn't set without powder. It dries down in a semi-powder texture and you have to work quickly with applying it to certain places or it will leave a powdery streak behind where you have left the product sitting. It also gave my cheeks a stinging feeling for a minute or two so check the ingredients. (But this could also be because my skin is dry.) However, it does absorb quickly into the skin and left a smooth feeling the next morning and no visible signs of an allergic reaction on my skin either. It is scented as well like most Olay facial products though it was a bit strong.
Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.
Irvine
Five stars! I had a tiny sample I received in a magazine almost two years ago and never used it until now. I put it away because I generally don't like Olay facial products at all. When I ran out of moisturizer I used the sample that was enough for a generous one-time application and Wow! The texture is silky, smells great, and looks and feels almost exactly like Dior's Capture Dream Skin at a fraction of the price. Maybe I shouldn't give this five stars as I didn't have the time to test if it faded any hyperpigmentation. It would be nice to get an adequate trial amount from Influenster to give a more accurate review of the results.
Michaela H.
Michaela H.
Albuquerque, NM
Beauty Junkie Expert
I had a sample of this one and I have to say it's great for oily skin! My skin is like a velvet after this cream! It also works like a primer. I used the sample about two weeks and I could see how my skin was getting better color and tone, so the name doesn't lie :) Unfortunately sometimes happened that the moisturizer were leaving something like small pieces on my hands if you know what I mean but it's probably because it's getting dry really fast, it's not watery like other moisturizers on which I'm used to. For the evening I would recommend something different maybe for better hydration. And I almost forgot! It smells wonderful!
Simone J.
Simone J.
Omg I absolutely love this cream, its works, after a long day it keeps my face looking all nice and glowy. i usually have oily skin, but for some reason this moisturizer gives me a matte finish, its been 3 weeks I'm using this product and my face complexion is lighter, glowy. i can see a difference . i will continue to purchase this product.. this is not a greasy moisturizer. its very light and it smells great... oh boy! best scent for a moisturizer cream.. i apply this cream before bed, and after i wash my face on mornings. this cream absorbs really quick....olay has always been an incredible/ trusted product on the market...
Kristy D.
Kristy D.
Dearborn Hts, MI
Has anyone noticed any results yet??
Brittany T.
Brittany T.
Boston, MA
Does it have SPF?
Desiree G.
Desiree G.
El Paso, TX
Do you use this under your make up or just at night?
Brandi N.
Brandi N.
Missoula , MT
Is this more of a day cream or a night cream. Also is it good for sensitive skin
Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Farmingville, NY
Does anyone know the retail cost ?