BY OLAY #85 in Skincare Sets

Fresh & fearless. Ingeniously designed to fit your facial contours, our power brush deep cleans in and around the t-zone, hair line and nose for full-face cleansing. liberate your skin from dirt, oil, and make-up for unstoppable freshness that you can see and feel. super soft supple bristles gently massage your skin, revealing a healthy-looking glow. treat yourself to a micro-facial experience that really packs some cleansing punch. Fresh has never felt, or looked, so good. this limited-edition, powered facial brush and cleansing system is the latest buzz in sparkling fresh skin!â don t wait until it s too late...

• How well does this work on removing blackheads? My husband gets t...1 Answers
  • Does this work well with combination skin? I have an oily t-zone,...1 Answers
  • I've been wanted to purchase a facial cleansing brush for a while...1 Answers
Buy on Amazon
Jaclyn L.
San Tan Valley, AZ
Review for: Olay Fresh Effects Va-Va-Vivid! Powered Contour Cleansing System, 1 kit more...
The small cleanser takes one AAA battery and is water resistant . I use mine in the shower. The triangle shaped head makes it easy to get in between and around your eyes and in the creases of your nose. At $12.99, it's priced low enough for the average teenager. I feel like the bright colors and the cute names for these products are catering towards that crowd. That doesn't mean an adult can't use this system though!

Let me just throw it out there right now that this is not a replacement for the Olay Pro-X (which I am very much liking) or the Clarisonic. This is meant to clean 400% better than just using your hand. So keep that in mind when you are comparing. I almost made the mistake of thinking this system wasn't good but then I realized that it does hold up to its claims. The head is not removable and the bristles are made of rubber. The Shine Shine Go Away cleanser is a creamy cleanser that does not foam. It seems to be just fine but I don't see myself going out and buying it either.

Would I recommend purchasing this? Yes...and no. If you are looking for something that will clean your face way better than your own hands, then by all means, go buy this system! I can absolutely tell the difference. However, it is nothing compared to my Olay Pro-X. Then again, the Pro-X is priced at over double, ringing in at $29.99. Another point I must make is the Pro-X rotates rather than vibrates, it has replaceable heads, and two different speeds. I'd say invest your money in a Pro-X. If your teenager is wanting to get in on the vibrating face action, go grab them a Va-Va-Vivid.
Tamir N.
Winter Garden, FL
I heard about this little cleaning system from a YouTube review and decided to give it a shot, especially at its super affordable price! I Id never been one to believe that a face brush was what I needed to properly clean my face- I had always felt that I cleaned my face well enough. This little face brush is fantastic though! It's small enough to easily maneuver around the eyes and nose area, the cleanser did a nice job (although I wouldn't say that it kept my naturally oily from peeking through at the end of the day). The only reason I'm giving this product 4 stars instead of 5 is because the face brush only lasted me about 6 months or so. Once the brush stopped vibrating as vigorously as it had, I replaced the batteries but it still didn't quite provide the same rate of vibration (to the point that it became rather pointless) so I opted to toss it and not buy a new one. Otherwise, it was really nice while it lasted!
Ashley H.
I had seen the cleansing system in stores for a while, but didn't know if it would live up to it's hype. So, I decided to give it a try, and am very glad that I did. I purchased it last weekend, and at first, I was surprised to see that the bristles are rubbery. I'm not a huge fan of this feature, but the effect it has on my skin and the cleanliness it provides is totally worth it. It helps in massaging the cleanser into my skin, while the vibrations stimulate my face, allowing for better blood circulation, and also making my skin appear fresh and supple afterwards. I love how small and travel-friendly this is, as it fits in the palm of my hand, and fits into a small corner in my medicine cabinet. I also love that this comes with the Shine Shine Go Away cleanser. These two go perfectly hand in hand and provide such a deep purification for my pores and skin that makes me absolutely glow after. I do recommend this to anyone who does not want to spend a crazy amount of money on a cleansing device such as the Clarisonic, and wants beautiful skin on a budget. This product definitely delivers just as it claims and will leave your skin fresh, supple, and glowing!
Aubrey R.
Eaton, OH
I got this kit in my Sweetheart VoxBox and finally tried it tonight. Immediately, I knew I would (probably) not like the cleanser. It was the shine minimizing type and I definitely do not have oily skin. Just the opposite! I tried it anyway in order to properly review it and it did exactly what it said. My face shows no oil or shine but some of my typical dry spots are becoming flakier than usual. I though, perhaps the powered brush could scrub away that dead skin and it did for the most part but anyone with dry skin knows, when it's a problem area it always will be if you don't use a proper cleanser. The triangle shape of the brush made it easy to get into corners around my nose and the bottom of my ear. The bristles are a hard plastic type and it took a bit of water diluted in the face wash to make it lather and not hurt my skin. I currently have a Clairisonic Mia and feel so spoiled because the bristles are so much softer. The size of the Olay powered brush is so much smaller and lighter than a Clairisonic which is a plus! But, if you have sensitive skin, be careful how hard you put pressure on your face with the brush. Dry skin people, definitely use a cleanser for dry skin.
Frances K.
Blandford, MA
I bought this off Amazon a few weeks ago after seeing everyone rave about them on here and twitter. I knew the brush wasn't going to be big and I knew it was rubber. No surprises for me when I opened the box. I have only used the cleanser that came with it once or twice. I really use this for my acne wash.
I have cystic acne. Means its really deep and painful. I have had them on my jaw line ever since I can remember. No matter the scrubs, masks, treatments, or products I have used nothing has been able to really get down in there and treat them. So I took a chance on this brush. I didn't want something with fine bristles that could possibly push more crap into my pours. I needed something to loosen up the gunk and allow the product to go in.

I can tell you after a week of using this every day. Only once a day in the shower my acne is very minimal. It forced some white heads to come to the surface but it has also allowed my cystic acne to heal.
I use a product called Salic with this. I am happy to report I have finally found something worth holding on to. No more looking for a cure. I have finally found it.
Desiree A.
Woonsocket, RI
I'm a big fan of Olay and this product definitely met my expectations. It has very colorful packaging that would catch anyone's eye in the store. It's decently priced as well and from a trusted brand.

I had great results with it. It smells great and left my skin feeling really soft.

{Shine, Shine Go Away} Shine Minimizing Cleanser has a metallic silver color to it, the smell is powerful and luxurious. I used a pea size on my brush and it did a great job on lathering my whole face with the small amount used. The little brush really does pack some power and I didn't have to add much product on since the brush helped to lather it up some on my face. With the brush you can reach places like the sides of your nose better and the shape of the brush is perfect for the T-Zone area.

The head vibrates as you scrub with the brush. You’d think this wasn’t doing anything at all but actually it loosens up blackheads on my nose particularly nicely. It also left my face with a bit of a tingle. Which I kind of liked. The plastic bristles on the triangle brush aren't that soft compared to other brush cleansing systems. Surprisingly this small brush is powerful! It was a pleasant massage on my skin but wished the bristles were a bit softer.
Amber S.
Eugene, OR
This. Is. Epic.

I tried this out, and I don't think I'll be going back to my old setup for cleaning my face.

The first thing that I thought of when I saw Olay on the package was my mother. Nothing against it, but Olay was the brand that my mother used until the day she passed on. Since her passing, I've seen Olay go from an old looking fuddy duddy brand, to something for the younger crowd, middle crowd and every age in between, with something for everyone.

The product itself is amazing, just don't use too much of it, or you can end up with more suds than you know what to do with. I suggest getting it lathered on your face, and then using the brush on it to avoid going overboard with the cleanser. I work with it in the shower, just to make things easier to rinse if I do end up getting too much, and the steam helps open up the pores to get all that nasty crud out. After using it, my skin has that nice tingly, just-cleaned feeling.

The only minor downside, is that just the cleanser and brush combo does leave the skin feeling a little dry afterwards, which can be easily remedied by some moisturizer.

All things said, it's a great product, with great results, and I will be purchasing this again in the future.
Stephanie H.
Lexington, KY
I hate, hate to write a bad review. I love reviewing products, and I love giving good reviews. But unfortunately, (as I sit here wearing glasses with very heavy, dry, itchy eyelids) I cannot give this product a good review.

I really liked the way this cleanser worked at first. I know some people aren't impressed with the brush, but overall - I thought it was fine. But then, I noticed my eyelids swelling a little more every. I thought it was an issue with my contacts or my makeup, so I kept using the cleanser. After I could barely keep my eyes open any longer at work due to the swelling and itchiness yesterday, I decided to do some googling! I found an article (http://www.simplesugarsscrub.com/2013/02/01/product-review-olay-fresh-effects-shine-shine-go-away-shine-minimizing-cleanser-exactly-how-fresh-are-we-talking-here/) that discusses the use of DMDM Hydantoin/Glydant in this product that can increase the risk of contact dermatitis. I've never experienced this before from using any other products and I'm super sad about the outcome. I'm hoping this clears up soon without a visit to the doctor.
Jasmine L.
san jacinto, ca
It’s really simple. It’s plastic “brush” with softish bristles. There are two buttons to activate vibrations, which require a single AAA battery. According to the package, this system offers 400% better cleansing. I don’t know what this means or even how they determined that, but what I do know is that the brush requires a dab of cleanser, and it lathers extremely well. I think I’ll be able to save cleanser thanks to this system, and that’s awesome. The triangular brush really does work for getting around the hairline, nose and eyes Secondly, the vibrations feel good. The brush does leave my skin a little red after use, but it feels relaxing. I didn’t expect that. It’s a little massage-like, and I’m cool with that. I’ve been scrubbing my face before my shower, so I’m using less water, too, and my showers are much shorter. You could just as easily use it to wash your face when you don’t have time for a full clean. I’ve always had trouble rinsing my face with a splash of water like they do in the commercials, but I’ve used a washcloth to rinse the cleanser from my face
Lougennyvie M.
San Jose, CA
Olay Fresh Effects {Va-Va-Vivid!} Powered Contour Cleansing System is designed to fit your facial contours while deep cleaning your skin from dirt, oil, and make-up.

I have a history of oily acne prone skin. I've used Clarisonic before and my skin spouted into horrible cystic acne. I used Accutane that helped my acne drastically.

When I saw the Olay Fresh Effects {Va-Va-Vivid!} Powered Contour Cleansing System I was very skeptical on using it because it reminded me of the Clarisonic brush. Packaging made it tempting to use.

{Shine, Shine Go Away} Shine Minimizing Cleanser has a metallic silver color to it, the smell is luxurious. I used a pea size on my brush and it did a great job on lathering my whole face with the small amount used. The cleanser did a fabulous job on leaving my skin oil free.

I recommend using this product in the morning when your face is bare since it is a bit difficult to remove every trace of makeup with the cleanser.

Linda S.
Does it have a 'chemical' odor or does it smell fresh?
Heather S.
Shalimar, FL
Does it work well with your skin? I saw it the other day and was wondering? And is it pricey?
Kristie M.
East Amherst, NY
Has this changed your skin?
Siraya W.
Mcminnville, OR
Does this actually work?
Anne F.
Kenmore, WA
Does the BB cream come in different shades?