Add a Photo

By OLAY
#92 in Facial Cleansers

Olay Fresh Effects {Shine, Shine Go Away!} Shine Minimizing Cleanser delivers a deep, down-to-the-pores clean, to minimize shine – even after you leave the sink! Made for the 24/7. chica. -on-the-go, this refreshingly fruity and floral scented rinse has all the purifying power of a mask with the fresh feel of a daily cleanser. Olay Fresh Effects {Shine, Shine Go Away!} Shine Minimizing Cleanser refreshes skin and minimizes shine leaving it day and night ready! Add this cleanser to your morning regimen for a deep clean and a refreshing scent experience. Benefits include: Removes 2x more dirt, oil and makeup vs. basic cleansing. Formulated with Kaolin Clay, this cleanser lifts away impurities and helps minimize shine. Deep cleansing action for a fresher feel. -----------------------------------------------------------------------. Olay Fresh Effects {Shine, Shine Go Away!} Shine Minimizing Cleanser ofrece una profunda limpieza, para minimizar el brillo – ¡incluso después de terminar con el lavabo! Hecho para la chica que siempre está ocupada 24 horas del día, este refrescante enjuague con aroma frutal y floral tiene todo el poder purificador de una mascarilla con la sensación fresca de un enjuague facial para el uso diario. Olay Fresh Effects {Shine, Shine Go Away!} Shine Minimizing Cleanser refresca la piel y minimiza el brillo ¡dejándola  lista para día y noche!  Añade este enjuague a tu régimen matutino para una limpieza profunda y una experiencia de aroma refrescante. Los beneficios incluyen: Elimina 2x más la suciedad, el aceite y el maquillaje comparado con una limpieza básica. Formulado con caolín, este enjuague levanta las impurezas y ayuda a minimizar el brillo. Limpieza profunda para una sensación más fresca.

Photos (37)
Olivia T.
Olivia T.
Blandon, PA

I just bought this and used it and am so impressed. With the selection in this grouping, what first caught my on the packaging was "deep cleansing" and " essence of honeysuckle and white tea" which I already know is gentle enough for my sensitive skin and smells divine. Originally, I was looking for a therapeutic face mask to give my skin (which is suffering a strange outbreak either acne or allergy) a little tlc. So imagine, to my surprise, when I opened it and applied a small amount to my cleansing face brush that it was a silver paste... Checking the back I find that it contains kaolin clay. No matter your skin type I definitely recommend a moisturizer following this cleanse, but it is not drying to the point of chapped afterwards. It sure does get deep in those pores and certainly does feel like a clay mask. The payoff was definitely in the application as well. I didn't use my hands , but a small exfoliation brush. It comes out of tubes like a clay mask (or toothpaste). On the face the product is very thick half foamy, half mask. There was so much payoff in fact I was worried that it would take forever to rinse off, but it only took a single swipe of water. I was even pleased the formula was thick enough to get on the top half of my eyelid but did not run into my eyes. It only goes where you put it. I would recommend this product.
Kendra V.
Kendra V.

I LOVED this face wash right away when I bought it from my local grocery store. It really helped to prevent my oily skin from getting oily throughout the day, it smelled great, and it left my skin feeling fresh and energized. By the time I finished the product and returned to the store to buy more, it had been discontinued. I'm still really sad about it. It is still sold on Amazon though, and there's a pack of 3 on the site that I'm almost tempted to buy because it's just that good. Highly recommend if you have oily skin and can get your hands on it!
Whitney T.
Whitney T.
Bronx, NY

I have a very oily T-zone which used to always cause my fave to appear super shiny after a couple hours of make-up wear regardless of mattifying powder. With this face wash it combats my oily zones and gives me hours of continuous make up where without having to blot my face every half hour. Would definitely recommend for people with more oily skin. Also the fresh feeling it leaves your face weather you are using it before make up application or just as a daily face wash is amazing
Lily W.
Lily W.
Arlington, TX

I have used this a few times. Purchased it while on sale. I use it as cleanser more that anything as it does clean your face. However, it will make my face dry if I were to use it everyday. I may use it once a month. When I'm about to put a mask on to ensure my face is clean. Still trying to figure out what the brush is suppose to do, the "pressure" on it is very little. If it's meant to circulate pores, umm, my fingers do s better job. Would I buy again, no.
Sharon B.
Sharon B.
Charlotte, NC

I could of sworn a wrote a review for this product . I received olay fresh effects cleanser years ago in a vox box . I have dry/sensitive skin . the consistency is very creamy , a little bit goes a long way . It lasted me a few years because you don't need so much to get the job done . You face looks dewy and shiny but not greasy . The scent is not overwhelming but i can do with out it . my face felt clean and smooth .
Alicia W.
Alicia W.
Benton, AR

I purchased Olay Fresh Effects for my teenage daughter. She has very oily skin and tends to have breakouts. In just a couple of weeks, I have noticed her face cleared up and is not oily like normal. Also, it did not dry her skin out like many other products had.

I definitely recommend Olay Fresh Effects to my friends with teens (or just struggling oily skin/breakouts). This is a very good product!
Jenny T.
Jenny T.

If you need a face wash to strip your face of all oils and debris, this is the one for you! It's an excellent night time face wash to help you remove the impurities of the day. Be sure to moisturizer immediately afterwards though because this face wash will leave your face feeling a little tight. I love the feeling of knowing that your face wash is working and this one definitely does that!
Madison L.
Madison L.
Chattanooga, TN

Not a bad product. I think if you have super oily skin or greasy skin ( I have combo skin so I switch between hydrating and stripping cleansers depending on my skins mood) this would be a nice product for you. I wish it was a bit more like a gel though and didn't leave a residue. I use this when I am washing my face in the shower because I can really get that residue off
Bailey R.
Bailey R.
Old Fort, TN

This is the best soap I have EVER found for my acne! I have literally tried EVERYTHING!!! I'm allergic to most anti-acne soaps, rendering them completely useless. However, this one was perfect! I wasn't allergic to it, it didn't dry out my skin, and it prevented acne so well! I hate that they have discontinued this, and I hope beyond anything that they bring it back!
Karen O.
Karen O.
Ventura , CA

I can go on for days about how much I loved this product! The shine shine go away was the best cleanser I have ever used. It would get all of the gunk off of my skin, and It would also dissolve all of my makeup, so there was no need to remove my makeup before washing my face. Sadly this product didn't last very long on the shelves and I believe it was discontinued.
Sandra G.
Sandra G.
Inglewood , Ca

Is this like a cream cleanser or more soapy?
emerlin m.
emerlin m.
Leonia, NJ

I have really oily skin, is this good to help control the oil throughout the day?
Becca S.
Becca S.
Baraboo, WI

I have severely oily skin. To the point that if I wear powder or foundation it just comes off. I've tried many cleansers and moisturizers and still haven't found something that works. Does anyone know if this stuff truly works on really oily skin?
Dana M.
Dana M.
Buffalo, Ny

Has anyone tried any of the other products from the "Fresh Effects" line after trying "Shine, Shine, Go Away?"
Eileen C.
Eileen C.
Yonkers, NY

Is this good for oily skin?