Add a Photo

By OLAY
#43 in BB Cream

Olay Fresh Effects {BB Cream!} Skin Perfecting Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 15 offers 24-hour hydration, UV protection, and a splash of sheer color to instantly brighten your complexion. Say bye-bye to blotches and imperfections and hello to instant coverage! Olay Fresh Effects {BB Cream!} Skin Perfecting Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 15 is the one-step skincare essential for a flawless complexion from morning till night! Simplify your daily beauty regimen with this all-in-one solution that has six skin-perfecting benefits: Refreshes skin instantly. Brightens for a radiant glow. Evens tone with a splash of sheer color. Hydrates for 24 hours. Smoothes for softer feeling skin. Protects against UV damage with SPF 15.

Photos (90)
Rita W.
Rita W.

I do really like this product, but agree with other reviewers that it isn't really a BB cream but more just a tinted moisturizer with SPF. I use the "light to medium" color, which is a great, neutral color which isn't too pink, or yellow. I can see how it would work for many different skin tones within a light/medium range. That being said, I think the color works well because it is't a true BB cream but more a tinted moisturizer - it has very, very light coverage. I use it when I want to put on some SPF, without wearing makeup, with a slight help to my skin tone and any redness from blemishes, but its not something I wear in place of makeup, as it doesn't give enough coverage. Another strong plus is that I love the light scent, and it feels good on my skin. It has not irritated my skin, or caused me to cry if it gets too close to my eyes (which most products with SPF do to me). But, if you're looking for a true BB cream, or something to wear in place of foundation, you don't be happy with this product.
Melissa z.
Melissa z.

Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream is a skin moisturizer, sunscreen, and skin perfecting cream all in one. It claims it has 6 benefits to using it. I will address each one of the benefits in my review. When I squirted this on my hand, it looked just like foundation. I used the light to medium cream, so it blended well with my skin tone. The smell also was not fragrant, just a slight scent, but not overpowering. Here are the 6 benefits and my review of each one:

1) Refreshes. This moisturizer is supposed to refresh your skin with 24 hour hydration. This claim is accurate. Every day I have used it, my skin has not felt as dry and looks better than it did.

2) Brightens. My skin tone has red blotches or just looks drab. It's mostly uneven. So whenever I use moisturizer, it seems to make it more red. The Olay moisturizer evened out my tones and made my skin look more healthy, so I would say that yes, this did brighten up my skin.

3)Evens tone. I talked about this in the last point, but my skin
Meagan S.
Meagan S.
Dallas, TX

I actually only bought this because it was on sale for $2.50 at Big Lots (with an extra 20% off everything that day!). I would have given it 1 or 2 stars solely for the way it performs as a bb cream. It says "skin perfecting," and I did not see any evidence of that. The only thing I did notice was actually that it made my face shinier (I'm assuming because of the sunscreen). I didn't expect it to be as good as a full coverage foundation obviously, but I did expect something. But it provided absolutely no coverage; not very tinted for a "tinted moisturizer." The only reason I gave it 3 stars is because of its SPF. I do think it's probably a good sunscreen. I've worn it on its own and layered under other products. I wore it to an outdoor concert underneath my foundation, and it was great. No noticeable flashback in any pictures, and my makeup lasted as long as it usually does. I think this product is good for the summer when you want a daily sunscreen, but not great as a bb cream.
Jaslyn C.
Jaslyn C.
Norton, Ma

Olay Effects BB cream, SPF 15 is a tinted moisturizer I have fair skin so I got the light/medium shaded tint. This 1st time trying a BB cream I've only used it for about 2 wks now daily but its a great brand & a fair price for a drugstore find esp with coupons. I like the light subtle scent & enjoy its tinted which looks kinda like I got a nice summer glow/tan after applied. It does last longer then I expected before needed to re apply & I do like to tan naturally outside so I'm happy its only SPF 15 so I do got coverage when out and about from the sun tho must apply every few hrs to protect your skin from the suns harmful rays esp if swimming I'd reply often more so then. So far the BB cream moisturizer has benefited my complexion has looked very clear & nice + I have a combination skin tone so happy to discover where I have dry patches the cream works well & sometimes I have oily skin which the cream has succeeded in that area as well. So far so good!
Raye S.
Raye S.

I have a love-hate relationship with this. I've been using it as a primer since it is so light. However I love how fresh it smells, but I hate that my skin absorbs it almost immediately after I put it on. If I were to wear this alone, it looks like that I didn't put any on. It does make a great primer though, and leaves my skin feeling fresh. It smells just like Olay soap, which I sometime like a sometimes don't- the scent is strong. I have mixed skin, sometimes it's oily, sometimes it's dry, and sometimes it's a mix of both. This, while being sheer, makes my skin look shiny. I used one that is for a medium-light skin-tone. I would consider it a slightly tinted moisture rather than a BB cream.
Brittany C.
Brittany C.
Statesville, NC

I bought this product hoping it would give some coverage and protection during the warmer months. However, the coverage was very light and it didn't last long on me in the heat. It creased up really bad and pretty much ran off my face with the sweat. I do have oily skin though, so that have been a big factor. But even if I had normal to dry skin, I don't think I would ever repurchase this product unfortunately, I just feel like there is a lot more products like this on the market now that actually work. (The only reason I gave it a two is for the fact that my skin type could have played a role in the outcome, I just don't feel like it would have made a huge difference though...)
Cait R.
Cait R.

Unfortunately, I was pretty disappointed this bb cream. It burns a little when put it on and smells of chemicals and sun screen. It gives almost no coverage even for a BB cream and the lightest shade was still too dark for my skin. It has an orangy tinge to it which only seems to worse as the formula oxidizes on your skin. It's light weight formula seems like a great idea, but it migrates so get this anywhere near your eyes. It also never really sets to don't go out if it's hot it because it will melt off your face and if you have a high collared shirt it will ruin it.
Renee U.
Renee U.
Revere, MA

During the summer I don't like to weigh my face down with all the makeup I'm usually hiding behind; mostly in the humidity it comes off anyway. I always like to have the Fresh Effects BB cream on hand because not only do you get the great benefit of hydrating your skin with a well known brand like Olay but it also gives you some coverup with the light skin tone colors they offer.

This product really lives up to its "Fresh" name by not weighing you skin down and feeling heavy. After I put it on and it dries I barely even know I have anything on!
Julia S.
Julia S.
kansas city, MO

This bb cream is a light and thin consistency, its definitely light and provides minimal coverage. i would recommend wearing a primer with it because it oxidizes on my face and turns a bit orange if i don't. i use Maybelline fit me concealer and coty airspun powder over top and i don't find that it settles into lines or creases much. it doesn't do much to control oiliness but seeing as it's light and sheer i think that's to be expected. good for no makeup makeup days when you need an extra boost or coverage on your skin. great for summer!
Nhi P.
Nhi P.

Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream is a very good product. As soon as I opened the box I noticed that the tube is double the size of designer department store brands. This BB cream has an SPF 15 compared to the SPF 50 of the designer brands but otherwise it does a good job. It has a nice light weight, is non-irritating (even around the eyes), and the color looks good too. My skin tone did look better, and it had a bit of a glow after applying this product. I also love that it is a light weight foundation, SPF, and moisturizer all in one.
Yosary M.
Yosary M.
New Brunswick, NJ

Do you think this product is worth waisting money on?
Bri L.
Bri L.

Do you put a powder over it, or do you think it'd be ok to wear without powder?
Arit A.
Arit A.
Atlanta, GA

Is this product like a foundation?
Ryleigh o.
Ryleigh o.
Burlington ON

Does it hurt sensitive skin?
Carol B.
Carol B.
Schenectady, NY

I would like to buy this product. I am so skeptical about all of these BB C type creams that I don't have a lot of money to buy and try and have negative results. I know most of your reviews says it is a flawless finish. But does it act as a corrector as well? Please help! Thank you.