BY OLAY #53 in BB Cream

Olay Fresh Effects {BB Cream!} Skin Perfecting Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 15 offers 24-hour hydration, UV protection, and a splash of sheer color to instantly brighten your complexion. Say bye-bye to blotches and imperfections and hello to instant coverage! Olay Fresh Effects {BB Cream!} Skin Perfecting Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 15 is the one-step skincare essential for a flawless complexion from morning till night! Simplify your daily beauty regimen with this all-in-one solution that has six skin-perfecting benefits: Refreshes skin instantly. Brightens for a radiant glow. Evens tone with a splash of sheer color. Hydrates for 24 hours. Smoothes for softer feeling skin. Protects against UV damage with SPF 15.

• Is this product like a foundation?8 Answers
  • I am looking to try a BB cream and I've heard buzz about Olay Fre...2 Answers
  • I was wondering what people this of this product? is it oily? how...1 Answers
Olay Fresh Effects {BB Cream!}
  • "I had this product about one time it was ok. Not the best ,i dont really use foundation ,never really found the right one to match my skin tone but i use bronzer now instead" in 106 reviews
  • "This is a "BB Cream" but to me it feels more like a tinted moisturizer, because this only provides Spf 15 and moisture to your skin, not any coverage." in 78 reviews
  • "its an ok product , it does have a very light coverage , like the smell tho ,plus i got it on clearance at walgreens , but i don't think i will be purchasing it again..." in 57 reviews
  • "I like to apply a very light layer of this mixed with a small amount of a liquid highlight (like Revlon Skinlights) to provide a luminous, hydrating base for my regular foundation." in 50 reviews
  • "I Got this product complimentary for testing purposesfrom influenster & all tho its not alot of coverage i like it i love the smell just love it its light weight & i use it just as a moisturizer under my foundation or just on really hot hot days that i dont want to put alot of make " in 39 reviews
Audbrey M.
Egg Hbr Twp, NJ
Olay cream was just ok. I purchased it at Walgreens and don’t think i would purchase it again. It was very minimal coverage and not long lasting. I wouldn’t recommend it to others. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Megan K.
Pepperell
Simple and easy to use B.B. cream. It is good if I don’t need a full coverage day and am just looking for a quick coverage that is lot full. I don’t use them very often but this one works well. Would recommend and would buy again.
Tiffany B.
Huntington, WV
This is simply a tinted moisturizer. I’m not the biggest fan of how my skin looks while wearing this. I don’t find it buildable and it feels very heavy on my skin. I’m sure there are better B.B. creams on the market.
Mandy E.
This has been my go to product for summer instead of foundation. It is so much lighter and airy and doesn't feel heavy in the hot weather. It blends smooth and blurs lines and pores for a flawless finish. It is soo much better in the summer in my opinion than any foundation I have tried because it doesn't get that "cakey, sweat off your face" effect that you generally get in summertime from having a heavy foundation on. I would highly recommend if you live in a hot climate or for the summertime that you switch your typical foundation to this BB cream. Your pores and selfies will definitely thank you! Great product!
Jennifer B.
I was truly so excited to receive this product in my Voxbox from Influenster. I had just run out of BB Cream and the timing could not be anymore perfect. After giving this product three chances, I had to give up it because I was so disappointed in its performance. I have normal/dry skin that never gets oily or shiny (even living in Florida's humid climate), but this product made my face look and feel like an oil slick. No amount of blotting or powder would fix it. Their claim of "Say bye-bye to blotches and imperfections and hello to instant coverage!" is completely false. My skin is clear and even toned, so I don't need much (if any) coverage, but I like to sometimes build up my foundation if I'm going out. It is completely sheer like a moisturizer despite the misleading pigmentation when it comes out of the tube.

This BB Cream would not cut it. Even when used as a primer under mineral powder foundation, it just produced more cakey oil. I felt like I was wearing a mask the entire time and the scent was so strong, it burned my eyes.

All-in-all, I would not recommend this product to any skin type. Those with sensitive skin, be careful. You might get irritation from the fragrance. There is absolutely zero coverage and makes you feel like you're wearing something all day on your face.

If you're look for a great BB Cream, try Boscia. It is amazing. It looks like your skin, but better.

I received this product complimentary from Influenster. Unfortunately it was a "miss" this time, but I thoroughly enjoyed all of the other products!
Michelle R.
*Products provided FREE by Influenster. Opinions expressed are my own.*

Next up from the VoxBox I received is Oil of Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream.

Before I received this item, I had no idea what BB Cream meant. Avon had not yet come out with their BB cream, and, I don’t pay too much attention to other make-up products (nail polish doesn’t count).

After a bit of research, I found out BB cream is just another form of foundation. Except, it’s the foundation I used to make myself using store brand & lotion. Thank you, make-up world, for finally coming out with a pre-mixed version of my favorite version of face cream. Short for “beauty balm” or “blemish balm”, the idea behind BB cream is now you only need one bottle of liquid make-up, instead of 6. BB cream combines moisturizer, primer, UV protection, and other beauty elements into a one formula foundation.

grey Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream {Review}
As much as I love the concept of BB cream, the task is difficult to accomplish successfully. While I applaud Oil of Olay for going for it, I was less than satisfied with their Fresh Effects BB Cream.

I expect to feel like I have lotion on my face when using a moisturizing product. With Fresh Effects, I still felt as though I had gunky make-up on my face. I appreciate the BB cream was not too thick, and the color fit my skin tone well. Also, it was not too difficult to blend in. I just wish it didn’t feel so “sticky” or matte.

The other downer to Fresh Effects BB Cream is the tint on your hands after application. The lotion/cream should blend into your hands, not leave a glaringly obvious tint needing to be washed off. Perhaps a way around this would be to use a makeup sponge.

On a more positive note, the cream smells amazing. I mean, I felt completely girly just opening the cap and putting it on my hand before applying it! I gotta admit, I love a good smelling beauty product.

Considering the pros and cons I found while using this cream, I would give it a “C”. It works, but it doesn’t work as well as I would like.
Shruti B.
Portland, OR
I have not jumped on the BB cream bandwagon yet and was so so pleased to receive a free tube of Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream* to review. This is another goodie from my Sunkissed VBox from Influenster, which I am so grateful to receive.

I was so excited to try this out as it will be my first venture into the murky world of BB creams. If you don't know what BB creams are - they are tinted moisturizers with additional skincare benefits. Different BB creams claim to work on different skin issues. This Olay cream comes in a generous tube (75 ml) and retails for $12.99 and is available in most drugstores as well as superstores. It comes in 2 shades, Fair to Light and Light to Medium. I think the price is attractive considering you get so much for your money. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I reckon this is the first time Olay have set foot in the makeup world. BB creams (along with CC and DD creams) sort of bridge the gap between makeup and skincare.

The Olay Fresh Effects BB cream claims to be a skin perfecting tinted moisturizer with SPF 15. It claims to have 6 Skin Perfecting Benefits: Refreshes, brightens, evens tone, hydrates, smooths, protects. All-in-one solution for instantly brighter-looking, smoothr-feeling, more even skin tone.

So how well did it perform? Well I received the shade Light to Medium which I was worried might be way to light for my NC43 skin tone but it works OK as I tend to blend out the cream quite a bit anyway. Sometimes I mix some of my Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation with it for extra colour and depth. That works well too. I found the texture to be quite heavy and moisturizing, which makes for good coverage (if that's what you find lacking in other BB creams - give this one a try). Because it's quite a thick cream, little goes a very long way as you can see below. It blends well into the skin however I didn't really find it to be very cooling or refreshing. It does leave my skin with a nice dewy sheen and it's really nice for summer or when I am on holiday and don't want to wear much makeup. I love that it comes with SPF but factor 15 won't cut it as a standalone sun protection in Chicago, so I do wish it was a high protection factor.
Yosary M.
New Brunswick , NJ
This BB cream is certainly of a Western flavor in terms of what it offers, in comparison to traditional Asian BB creams. Most people who are familiar with Asian BB creams feel that Western BB creams are strikingly no different than tinted moisturizers. Olay's BB cream is essentially that (it even says it on the packaging), but it's one of the lightest and sheerest base makeup I've ever tried (including already sheer tinted moisturizers). I expected it to be so, because Olay is more of a skincare brand than a makeup brand, so I wasn't actually disappointed at all.

Olay Fresh Effects BB feels much like Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB cream as far as its lightweight, fluid texture and blendability, but it's so sheer the pigment just seems to vanish on the skin, much like any ordinary face lotion, except it doesn't leave a white cast that some face products with SPF or white-colored formulas might especially in photography. Those who need coverage will either need to look elsewhere or use a concealer with this product.

But on its own, it leaves a fresh, modestly dewy and very natural finish, evens out minor redness, provides broad spectrum SPF15 backed by a pretty impressive list of 4 different 2.5%–4% active ingredients (unlike Maybelline's BB's 1% sun protection ingredient), and provides enough moisture for normal and combo skin types. Dry skin types might want to supplement this with another moisturizer prior, and sensitive skin types might want to avoid this because it does contain a very noticeable fragrance, if they have allergic reactions. Very oily skin types may want to avoid this because of its dewy finish.

I decided that this BB cream wasn't for me because I have acne scars and dark spots/circles that I need to conceal, and I have used other BB creams, tinted moisturizers, and foundations that provide all of the above as well as coverage. But this product isn't a total loss; my little sister, age 18 with combo-dry, sensitive and acneic skin, happened to really love this because it's lightweight and doesn't make her look made-up, and provides sun protection and moisture all in one.

If sun protection, and moisture are what you're looking for and you don't mind the sheer, minimal coverage (or just need something to even out redness), this is a good product to try. For those of us who just need a primer especially for powder/mineral makeup, this might actually be a great product to layer on; I used to use Victoria's Secret VS PRO Airbrush FX Face Primer SPF20 under mineral makeup, but if I were to continue using mineral makeup, I would switch to Olay's BB as a primer as it has more to offer and comes in a large volume for the price. It's a little expensive considering little coverage, at $12 to $15, but it's the largest tube of BB cream I've seen so far at 2.5oz (75ml) against 60ml from some Korean-brand BBs and even the typical 1oz (30ml) primer in the Western market, so it might be a considerably good value for the other benefits it has to offer and if used to substitute parts of an existing skin care and beauty regimen.
Deedra C.
Johnson City , TN
Now when I got this in the box, I was already expecting good results, as I already use a regular Olay Moisturizer SPF 15 on my face. I was totally amazed by these results though. I have always been a foundation girl, it's what I was taught, all my friends used it- I guess you could call me old school, even though I'm only 32. I had received a full size sample of L'Oreal Youth BB Cream, which I did a video review for it on ExpoTv.com- I feel in love with the stuff although the only draw back was, is that it made my face a lot darker than I had wanted and it does leave a orange tinge on your fingers, it also doesn't exactly blend well, you have to do a little bit of work to have it blend well with your natural neck color - Not Cool, but I have been using it non the less. So I kind of had a fear of this product being the same- I was WRONG! The moment I squeezed a dime size on my fingers I could tell this was going to blend well, I could tell just by the color that it wasn't going to be too dark, it was going to be just right- I was RIGHT! It doesn't have a smell to it, it blends well, it's light weight- you do not feel it on your face, it isn't going to melt in the heat either, It also gives you a nice glow- which is nice because I actually use a glow lotion on my face a lot of the time (I am so anti-sun these days) although now, I don't have to do that really with using Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream SPF 15. This also does not leave a color, nor a residue on your fingers- BIG bonus! So the most lasting impression I can leave with you, to sell you on this, as you can tell I am already sold and will be purchasing this product when I run out of this full size from my SunKissed Vox Box 2013 - DITCH THE FOUNDATION, SPEND A DAY IN THE HEAT, YOU'LL SEE, YOU'LL BE THANKING ME LATER! Received complimentary from Influenster, in my SunKissed VoxBos
Brittany C.
Statesville, NC
I bought this product hoping it would give some coverage and protection during the warmer months. However, the coverage was very light and it didn't last long on me in the heat. It creased up really bad and pretty much ran off my face with the sweat. I do have oily skin though, so that have been a big factor. But even if I had normal to dry skin, I don't think I would ever repurchase this product unfortunately, I just feel like there is a lot more products like this on the market now that actually work. (The only reason I gave it a two is for the fact that my skin type could have played a role in the outcome, I just don't feel like it would have made a huge difference though...)
Yosary M.
New Brunswick , NJ
Do you think this product is worth waisting money on?
Bri L.
Do you put a powder over it, or do you think it'd be ok to wear without powder?
Arit A.
Atlanta, GA
Is this product like a foundation?
Carol B.
Schenectady, NY
I would like to buy this product. I am so skeptical about all of these BB C type creams that I don't have a lot of money to buy and try and have negative results. I know most of your reviews says it is a flawless finish. But does it act as a corrector as well? Please help! Thank you.
Ryleigh o.
Burlington ON
Does it hurt sensitive skin?