Olaplex No.3 Hair Perfector

A treatment, not a conditioner, that reduces breakage and visibly strengthens hair, improving its look and feel.

Key benefits:
- Repairs damaged and compromised hair
- Strengthens and protects hair structure
- Restores healthy appearance and texture

Suggested Usage:
- Apply a generous amount from roots to ends on unwashed towel-dried hair.
- Comb through once and leave on for a minimum of 10 minutes or more.
- Rinse from hair, shampoo, and condition.

Is this product good for oily hair ?
How long do you keep this product on your hair for? As a mask treatment..
Is Olaplex good for any type of hair?
Start your review of Olaplex No.3 Hair Perfector!
How would you rate this product?
2 months agoutica, NY
If you ever debated trying the Olaplex haircair line, go buy it right now. I got 3,4,5,6 minis yesterday at Sephora. For a little over a month now, my hair has been unmanageable, dead ends, even burned off in some places... I heard great things about Olaplex, so I caved and decided to buy it. Before work, I put #6 in, it's a styling cream that eliminates frizz. I was immediately able to brush my hair out right after. This morning, I got home and rinsed my hair off and added #3 in my hair. #3 is a treatment that helps damaged hair. The bottle said a minimum of 10 minutes,but it can be kept in longer. So I kept in while I slept. After 4 hours, I used 4 & 5, the shampoo and conditioner. And even during shampooing, my hair was super soft, didn't get tangled like it usually does with other shampoos. I added #6 again in my hair after that, and it's so soft and brushable. I really hope I found something that helps this lions mane of mine🤣 but so far, so good. And worth every penny.
a month agoRockwall, TX
This is one of my favorite products on earth. One important thing to note: This is the same exact product as is used in salons, just not as concentrated. So, you get the salon treatment and then follow up with this one. They have the same active ingredients. You can leave this on for 10 minutes or 10 hours depending on how you feel. It will only help your hair. If you feel 10 minutes isn't enough, girl, leave it on for as long as you want! I adore this stuff. I have dry, thin, brittle hair that breaks easily so basically sad hair. I use this product once or twice a week and it has saved me! My stylist noticed a difference, which reinforced my belief. Some people say this doesn't work, but they just didn't leave it on long enough. This is NOT a conditioning mask. This works at the molecular level to repair aka reconnect broken bonds within the hair follicle. It is not a conditioner or a deep treatment meant to moisturize. It repairs your hair, but not in the way any other mask or treatment does. Some people mention this in their reviews so I had to let y'all know - it contains no moisturizers such as shea butter, oils or anything of the sort. It is not a soap or conditioner so it doesn't lather. It's not meant to lather!  I follow up with the Olaplex 4 & 5 and will do a moisture mask during the week, too. This product is a miracle worker if you know how to use it.
a month agoNew york, NY
Purchased at: Sephora
I just bought #3 last week and I have used it twice so far. I have noticed a HUGE difference in the amount of frizz I have and my hair feels sooo much smoother! I have very fine hair that gets knotted easily- this stuff made it so I can actually run my fingers through my hair without getting stuck! Just remember it’s NOT a conditioner, so you need to wash your hair, towel dry, apply #3 and leave on for 10+ mins, rinse out, and then condition. Also I have to say I was nervous about the size of the product for the price, but because you put it on damp hair it’s spreads out nicely. I still have 4/5 of the bottle left after 2 uses.
a month agoScottsdale , AZ
Olaplex No.3 Hair Perfector uploaded by Naomi F.
One of my holy grail products along with Olaplex No.6 Bond Smoother - I have dry, frizzy, fine hair which has taken a lot of punishment from being color treated. No 3 has made a world of difference, my waves look more defined and all of the previous issues I mentioned have improved dramatically. My hair now feels smooth and silky & the ends are no longer as dry as medieval parchment! I use No 3 a couple of times per week - you put it in prior to shampooing so I wet my hair in the shower and comb the product through, I like to leave it in for as long as possible, preferably overnight so I can get as much benefit as possible. Is it on the pricy side? Yes but a little goes a long way and the benefits are definitely worth it!
4 months agoAlbany, NY
Olaplex No.3 Hair Perfector uploaded by Leah H.
Olaplex truly is a holy grail. My hair has been highlighted with both ombré and balayage methods since 2012, and while I take very good care of my hair (minimal washing, avoiding heat styling whenever I can), breakage on the ends was inevitable. When I left my hair curly, the ends would look hollow and dry. I started using Olaplex No. 3 two years ago after my stylist used the Olaplex No.1 Bond Multiplier and the Olaplex No.2 Bond Perfector during a highlight appointment. It has made a massive difference in the overall health of my hair, specifically at the ends. The dry time for my hair has been reduced, breakage is minimal, and my ends no longer look visibly damaged. The reduction in breakage has also helped me add some more length. I use it twice a week for 30 minutes each time. I then shampoo and condition it with the Olaplex No.4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo and the Olaplex No.5 Bond Maintenance Conditioner. If you color or heat style your hair, I cannot recommend Olaplex enough! #olaplex #ombre #balayage #highlights #haircare #summerhair #beachhair
2 months ago
Purchased at: Sephora
First of all I want to say that I don’t have colored hair. But it is long(ish) and I do use heat on it so I decided to try the Olaplex 3 to see if it would make a difference. All I can say is, this is the product that I never knew I always needed. I have naturally wavy/curly hair but have been straightening it for so long that when I tried to do it curly, it just looked horrible. My curls were not defined and it just looked stringy and frizzy and just...not cute. After ONE USE of the Olaplex my curls came back! They are defined and (although will always be frizzy w/o product) much softer. Also, after using it once a week for about 3-4 weeks I noticed that I was shedding so much less. Now when I brush my hair hardly any comes off on the brush. I don’t really need to use that much, I put it in at night, sleep with it on (bc the longer I leave it in, the better it seems to work) and shampoo and condition in the morning. Note: this is NOT a moisturizing product. You still need to use a good moisturizing conditioner after. This is a repair/strengthening treatment. It is pricy but I’ve had the same bottle for 2 months now and honestly, the results are well worth the price.
2 months agoFernley, NV
This is my holy grail hair product.  Seriously.  I don't know what I'd do without this stuff.  I learned about it in the salon when my hair stylist put a treatment on my hair that made it SO soft and shiny and smooth.  Every time I would get my hair done by her, I would get people commenting on how amazing my hair looked.  Then after I washed it a couple of times myself, it would become dull and frizzy and dry again.  I knew I had to find out what this magical stuff was.

I found some Olaplex #3 on sale at Amazon prime and bit the bullet.  Is it expensive?  Yeah, kind of, to this frugal chick.  But believe me when I say it's worth every penny.  I put it on for about 15 minutes in the shower while I'm doing my other tasks and then rinse it out and wash my hair as normal.  My hair comes out amazingly soft, silky, smooth, just like from the salon.  I use it about once a week to keep things looking great, and never again will I live without using this stuff.

I've heard of some people putting it in their hair in shower caps and leaving it on overnight.  That sounds like a gigantic mess waiting to happen, to me, but I can only imagine how wonderful it must work leaving it in for that long.  If you're on the fence about buying this at all, just do it.

4 months ago
I usually leave this overnight as a once a month hair mask and when I wash it out, my hair is soft. However, it’s just a temporary fix and no one should expect miracles. If your hair is severely damaged, NOTHING will fix it and you should consider cutting off the damaged parts. This is just putting a bandaid over a cut, eventually the bandaid comes off. I’ve always learned to not use this frequently because it can lead to dry hair, but that’s just me
3 months agoMs State, MS
Love this product! I have thick obnoxiously coarse hair that I have repeatedly damaged over the years. I have used every product under the sun from salon treatments/products to DIY at home remedies. I was very eager to try this when my Sephora got it in. The first time I used it my hair sucked it right up. I applied to towel dried hair and let it sit for a good 5 hours (longer than recommended). I rinsed and shampooed/conditioned. Afterwards, my hair seemed stronger and slightly softer. It felt a little funny, but I shrugged it off. 4 days later when i washed my hair again, I applied Olaplex at night and left it on over night. Mainly, bc I got tired and didn’t feel like going through the lengthy process of washing my hair. The next morning I rinsed, shampooed/conditioned and dried it. This time, I could tell a massive difference. I can’t remember when my hair felt this healthy. It’s not just softer but it’s so much stronger all the way from the root to the ends. I do not think it is from leaving the product on over night that I notice this difference from the first time I used it. I think it’s because I used it a second time. My hair was so damaged that it requires multiple treatments to continuously build the hairs’ bond. I bet when I use this product a third time, it will really make difference. I recommend this product to anyone who heat styles or color treats their hair.
4 days agoaustin
I can tell a difference night & day when I use this product & when I don’t. I have very dark hair that’s been bleached for about a year & this has been my holy grail. Keeps my hair looking smooth & helps with frizziness. I also noticed some breakage in my hair when I stopped using this & so I started back up & noticed my hair was looking better again after the first couple of treatments

265 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
5 months ago
Syeda I. 5 months ago
I have type 2c-3a curls and I have used this multiple times and actually really like it! Although it doesn't do much for my curls but it does make my hair feel sososo soft to touch and very hydrated. I also noticed it keeps my hair from getting tangled less.