BY OLAPLEX

Perfector No. 3 treatment multiplies bonds making hair stronger, healthier, while color lasts longer with more vibrancy; use once a week to strengthen hair further or use as a pre-treatment to prevent hair damage during chemical hair treatment. see more...

• What is the longest what is the longest amount of time you shoul...3 Answers
  • Is this a good product for someone who doesn't dye hair often but...4 Answers
  • Is this a good product for someone who doesn't dry hair often but...2 Answers
Sarah K.
Scottsdale, AZ
Review for: Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3 more...
Hi! I’m a little confused by the NEW (OLAPLEX HAIR Perfector No. 3)

About my hair: I have long blonde hair that is frizzy & thick... I feel that it is more damaged at times and that’s why I only wash twice a week. Because of this, I am very picky with what shampoo, conditioner and other treatments I use.

{I get my hair done professionally every 4-6 weeks and that causes additional damage + wear and tear...}

With that being said,
I bought this product immediately when Sephora announced and had it available online...
At $28 a pop, I had to see what all the fuss was about - ESPECIALLY since I go to a salon where they only use Olaplex and bond builders for bleaching/highlighting or maintaining my blonde hair.

I believe it’s the first Olaplex (that’s been available/sold to the public within the last year or so) so I just had to test out for myself.)
*Here’s what I’ve gotten thus far:

First off, I was surprised by the size of the bottle… It’s not very big and I was a bit disappointed from the amount - (3.3oz) it’s a decent amount, but I guess I thought the bottle would be bigger for some reason.

Wishful thinking was that I’d (hopefully I’ll get 2 uses from this) bottle. Well, I got just that. Since the directions say to “apply a generous amount from scalp to ends until your hair is thoroughly saturated” ..... I naturally ended up using 1/2 half the bottle for just 1 (ONE) use.

The directions also say to use this once a week OR 2 to 3 times a week - for damaged hair. Hmmm...?
My big Q: Would I be using this product if my hair was not damaged? Nope.

I guess if you need to use it as it upkeep treatment, 1/X a week (but that’s with the salon is for in my mind.)
Therefore, since my hair is partially damaged, I’ll go with needing to use this product 2/X week for now - or $112 per month.

* So is this product worth it? Verdicts still out for me. I’ve only used 1 bottle., and I truly didn’t notice a difference in any way, shape or form. So before I repurchase, I’m going to ask my hairdresser for advice...
Jaydah S.
Miami
Review for: Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3 more...
So the first time i used this product i had also used a new deep conditioner afterwards, and when i woke up the next day i had an allergic reaction 😭 i wasn’t sure which product it was from which made me nervous to try either one of those again. After a while i felt as though my hair really need some help and decided to give it another try. My hair looked amazing and i had no allergic reaction! this product isn’t a deep conditioner or to style your hair, instead it’s to help repair the bonds in your hair helping to make it stronger and shed less. The only thing I’m not a fan about is the price, it is on the pricey side and comes in such a small bottle. Other than that i love this product! And try to use it once a week.
Kate A.
Goshen, IN
Review for: Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3 more...
This stuff was amazing! I have thin frizzy colored treated hair and I was so surprised after using this product my hair didn’t even feel like my hair! It felt so soft and it was so easy to run my fingers through it. First, I shampooed my hair and they I towel dried it and took a generous amount of the product and put it all over my hair from scalp to the ends and I let that sit for 30 minutes. After that I got back in the shower and rinsed the product out then applied condition and rinsed again. The process for application is a little weird and inconvenient but it was well worth it. Also I wish they made the bottles bigger for the price. While I may have thin hair it’s still very long and this bottle is only good for about 2 uses for me. Bottom line I would still recommend this!
What A.
West Mifflin
Review for: Olaplex Hair Perfector No 3 more...
I’ve been in the beauty business since 1967 , I’ve used many products but never anything like Olaplex. I change my hair color frequently and use bleach for highlights, this product gives me complete confidence in knowing I won’t weaken or damage my hair when the professional product is added to my mixture. The #3 is an excellent accompaniment or stand alone treatment to strengthen the hairs broken bonds from chemicals or heat. It is NOT a conditioner after the product is used you must still use your favorite conditioner. Hairdressers have found that Olaplex will really help preserve the color or toner from fading also, an added Bonus! It’s pricy but well worth the money.
Christine N.
Review for: Olaplex Hair Perfector No 3 more...
This really works to repair damaged hair. I was skeptical as I had tried these protein bond rebuilding treatments in the past and they were only so-so at best, but heard this one was salon quality and it had such good reviews so decided to give it a shot.

By way of reference, my hair is waist length and parts of it have been bleached and processed at one point. My hair is strong but it has been around for a long time and been through a lot so I can feel the damage when I touch it. I used this treatment for like 5-10 minutes and then followed up with my favorite deep conditioner and let my hair air dry. I know my hair and it hasn’t been this soft all the way through to the ends, wavy/bouncy (rather than limp and dead), and this thick in a long time. This product really does work to fill in damaged areas and to repair the hair.

The bottle is small and it is expensive, but all high end hair care is around this price and you are really only suppose to use these treatments once a week at most. I am glad I picked this up.
Holly K.
Review for: Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3 more...
Believe the hype!!! I purchased this take home Olaplex 3 from my salon but you can purchase from Sephora now! I would always get the salon to use Olaplex when dying my hair and enjoyed the thick plush feeling my hair had for the new 2 or 3 days. Now you can do it for yourself at home! I was skeptical of at home use but my fine, thin, color treated hair felt plumped, plush, moisturized and soooo soft and sleek after using this once!!! I let it sit on my head for 30 mins. You can hear Stephanie Nicole on YouTube also rave about this product if you search for it! I have breakage along my hairline and am hopeful with once a week use those small hairs will grow out.
Gretchen G.
Yas yas yas!!! Where has this treatment been all my life?!?! After years of hellish bleaching to achieve and maintain my LittleMermaid red hair, I was finally ready to give up until.....the day we met. You saved me No.3. You saved my hair. I will forever be grateful. I use every time I wash (only once MAYBE twice a week) usually apply BEFORE and after I shampoo. The second round is usually a pea sized amount (past shoulder length hair) that I do not rise out. I have no issues with oiliness leaving this product in. Since using this process religiously for the last 8 months my hair has been completely healed. My stylist is jealous now #win
Heather B.
Review for: Olaplex Hair Perfector No 3 more...
I bought this as soon as Sephora started selling it. I wet my hair, apply the product, and then let it sit for an hour. After that, I shampoo it out and put a deep conditioning mask on and then let that sit for 30 minutes to an hour. My hair is fried. After bleaching/dying, it is just fried. This is helping it. I’ve used this once a week since I got it (3 times total) and I have one more use left out of the bottle. My hair is shoulder length, partly shaved, and thin. If your hair is thick, you will probably not get many uses out of a bottle so not sure if it will be worth the upwards of $30 cost for you.
Marcia C.
Pittsboro, NC
Review for: Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3 more...
So I’m the type of person that can’t keep the same color hair for longer than a month .. if I could have it my way I would change it every week 🙌🏼😍. I recently went blonde 😳 (I’m naturally dark brown) and this process damaged my hair soooo much. This treatment I used twice a week , left in my hair for about an hour and ringed out . It took my hair from like negative 100 to the point where my hair felt like it’s never been colored at all.. it brought life back into my hair ! I’m sooo grateful for this stuff.. I looove it and would def go back blonde using this . I got mine from a hair dresser but I know it can be bought online at amazon.. it’s pricey but weeellll worth it 💯💯
ASTRID P.
BROOKLYN
Review for: Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3, Olaplex Hair Perfector No 3 more...
MAGIC

I have curly hair and do not dye my hair often. I have dyed my hair about 4 times in my life ( I am 30) .
I recently noticed my hair was getting super dry and my tips were just horrible. It seemed like I needed a trim every 2 weeks, and it started driving my crazy!!! I came across this product in a Vogue article, and decided to give it a try .

WOW!  I do not know what is in this bottle... my hair went from dead, boring, dry, split end, and knots to healthy, shiny, soft, touchable, beautiful curls- in 1 TREATMENT !

You need to try this .
Becca S.
Louisville, KY
I paid extra for the olaplex treatment when I initially dyed my hair and then ordered the third step online to use intermittently. I thought I noticed a big difference with the treatment from the salon but I don't notice any kind of smoothness or healthiness after using step three on my own. Is it meant to be used on its own?
Joanne A.
Pomona, CA
Do you use conditioner on your hair daily, once a week , or few times a month. I really dislike conditioner daily. I feel like I lose hair. I condition 2x a month , ends only. Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3 is amazing for color treated hair. What do you use ? And how often?
Candace U.
Concord, CA
IS this product worth the cost? My stylist is charging $40 for an olaplex treatment, but isn't giving my the third step in-home treatment. That means I've got to pay for in addition to the salon service. Should I get it?
Emily N.
Harrisburg, PA
What is the best way to use this? I've bleached my hair to go blonde a few times, my hair is pretty dry but gets oily at the roots. Is it better to leave it in overnight with a cap on or let it sit for a few hours? Not sure what is the best route for the best results.
Adrienne B.
I've read excellent reviews about this product. How long does it usually last? It's a big investment!