BY OLAPLEX

Perfector No. 3 treatment multiplies bonds making hair stronger, healthier, while color lasts longer with more vibrancy; use once a week to strengthen hair further or use as a pre-treatment to prevent hair damage during chemical hair treatment. see more...

• Is this a good product for someone who doesn't dye hair often but...3 Answers
  • Is this a good product for someone who doesn't dry hair often but...2 Answers
  • What do you think about this product?? Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 31 Answers
Michelle F.
Hilliard, OH
If you are a fan of coloring your hair past the point of rational thought then you need this system in your life! Olaplex is designed to maintain the structural integrity of the hair during harsh processes like bleaching and dying. Step 1 is mixed into bleach and dye, lessening the intensity, and improving and multiplying the disulfide bonds of the hair so that it is actually healthier when all is said and done. So a higher volume of bleach can be used but affects your hair as a lower volume would. For example, a 40 volume would act as a 30 volume. Step 2 is applied post bleach and color, and Step 3 is applied weekly to maintain color, health, and structure. You will notice a huge decrease in breakage and damage to the hair once this is incorporated into your hair routine. If your salon isn't offering this system for your hair dying regimen, switch salons.
Miree J.
I started the down the path of going blonde from red 8.5 months ago. OlaPlex has helped my coarse, wavy/curly hair avoid being fried like chicken and not breaking off in chunks. My hair is as healthy as it can be for doing so much bleaching. I dampen my hair and throw it up in a bun for at least 30 mins. I used to sleep in it, but I watched a YT from one of the creators and she said once it losses its crunch/hold it is no longer beneficial to keep in. In other words, don't sleep in it, but I now do coconut oil for overnight treatments. I have no idea what mess I would have dealt with if I didn't have the OlaPlex treatments.
Holli J.
P C Beach, FL
I finally found a stylist who cares about my hair and not just my whims and my money! The only* reason it was possible to bleach my hair and go orange is the olaplex system. The take home version I'm reviewing cost $27 in my salon, I use it every other time I wash my hair (use: 1x week) and I feel like in conjunction with my other hair care it allows the vibrancy of the hair color to remain along with helping my hair go back to feeling and looking healthy. If you are using bleach on your hair this is its mate.. the salt to its pepper the peanut butter to jelly! I'll never be without it!
Anne K.
Baldwin, NY
Holy grail of hair products! This product is absolutely amazing. This is a great hair treatment for those of you that color or bleach your hair. Really great for those with damaged hair from color/bleach processing. I jump from color to color all the time, and going blonde really kills your hair this product made my hair go from a. 1 to 10 in the matter of 2 treatments. Khole Kardashian started using this product as well from her transition from brown to blonde hair and it helped her hair be perfection As well. This is a must have, it's magic In a bottle.
Nicole F.
Baltimore, MD
I've used this product twice now, but even after the first use there was a noticeable difference. After one treatment (10-15 minutes) I could tell that my hair was stronger and healthier. My hair was much softer, more shiny, and much less frizzy. The benefits seem to be lasting and I will continue to use this once a week, as instructed. The product itself has a mild and pleasant scent and is easy to apply. As an added note, I wear a shower cap over my hair after applying the product and until it's time to rinse.
Christy L.
Olaplex is amazing you go from dark hair to blonde with no damage. Not to mention you just want to use it for a hair treatment. It is truly like liquid gold of you have dry damaged hair or due it a lot this is a must have. It really works when I wash it out my hair feels like silk. Amazing product and a product that truly works. I have tried many products none worked but this one really does. A must have that is for sure try it you hair will thank you for it. You will be thankful you did.
Olivia M.
Roswell, NM
My hair is not particularly damaged from processing, but it dries out over time since I religiously use a purple shampoo. I purchased No. 3 from Amazon, where the price changes frequently, but it overall the best price. I'm in LOVE with this stuff. My hair feels just as healthy after one treatment as it does when I leave the salon after a fresh cut. This is a must have for anyone who lightens their hair.
Dee S.
Las Vegas, NV
I've thoroughly abused my hair over the years going from platinum blonde to bright red, dark brown and back to platinum again many times. The number 3 has become a permanent addition to my hair care routine. It leaves my bleached hair feeling nourished and strengthened even on my fried ends. It's pricey but it's so worth it if you're a frequent user of hair coloring treatments.
Elizabeth G.
I absolutely love this product. I recently learned about it from an amazing hair stylist. I went from being a brunette to a blonde in a single day and my hair is not damaged at all. Also, she gave me the step three to take home and use it until I go again for my next touch up. I have been using it religiously every week, once a week and it makes my hair feel silky smooth.
Tyler N.
Assonet, MA
This product is amazing! To say the least... After using the whole Olaplex system either with bleach or color, you follow up with this conditioner once a week. This system works perfectly at keeping your hair's natural look and feel that is sometimes compromised by standard bleaching/coloring. I would recommend this conditioner to anyone who gets the Olaplex treatment!
Becca S.
Louisville, KY
I paid extra for the olaplex treatment when I initially dyed my hair and then ordered the third step online to use intermittently. I thought I noticed a big difference with the treatment from the salon but I don't notice any kind of smoothness or healthiness after using step three on my own. Is it meant to be used on its own?
Joanne A.
Pomona, CA
Do you use conditioner on your hair daily, once a week , or few times a month. I really dislike conditioner daily. I feel like I lose hair. I condition 2x a month , ends only. Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3 is amazing for color treated hair. What do you use ? And how often?
Candace U.
Concord, CA
IS this product worth the cost? My stylist is charging $40 for an olaplex treatment, but isn't giving my the third step in-home treatment. That means I've got to pay for in addition to the salon service. Should I get it?
Emily N.
Harrisburg, PA
What is the best way to use this? I've bleached my hair to go blonde a few times, my hair is pretty dry but gets oily at the roots. Is it better to leave it in overnight with a cap on or let it sit for a few hours? Not sure what is the best route for the best results.
Adrienne B.
I've read excellent reviews about this product. How long does it usually last? It's a big investment!