Olaplex Back Bar #2 Bond Perfector uploaded by Shellby M.

BY OLAPLEX

Olaplex No.2 Bond Perfector is a bond multiplier NOT a conditioning treatment. No.2 Bond Perfector is NOT optional, it is absolutely necessary after every single service when using Olaplex as it is a system. No.1 is meant to help mitigate damage during the color, lightening and relaxing process, however it cannot stop all of it. If it did, you would not get a visible result. No.2 is not an activator, neutralizer, sealer or conditioner. No.2 contains the same active ingredient as No.1. No.2 finds more single sulfur hydrogen bonds and cross links them back together without color, lightener or relaxers working against it. Olaplex is a single ingredient that is added before and after hair color treatments and other chemical services. It promises to preserve the integrity of the hair and essentially multiply the bonds within the hair shaft. In other words, Olaplex reconnects the broken disulfide sulfur bonds in the hair that were broken down during thermal, mechanical, and chemical services. It is also free of silicone, sulfates, phthalates, DEA, aldehydes, and is never tested on animals. see more...

• Does it protect the hair from bleach damage?1 Answers
Buy on Amazon
Adina K.
Bronx, NY
I’ve been getting highlights for the past two years. From the first time, my guy told me I must must use olaplex. I assumed he just wanted me to spend he extra $$$ for the treatment but my hair felt SO healthy - as if I never had it highlighted. Then, on a whim, I went to another salon and they convinced me to do a different treatment: never again- noting works like olaplex does!!
Nicole L.
Orlando, FL
Wow this stuff is a hair miracle. I colored my hair from a level 2 to a 12- platinum so I could have purple hair. This product saved my hair from so much breakage, and dryness. I highly recommend this product for in between sal n visits as well.
Shellby M.
This was used by my hairstylist when she did my balayage I’m going from dark box dyed hair to natural looking sunkissed blonde balayage and this has helped keep my hair soft and healthy during the color process
Kayleigh W.
Silver spring, MD
If you're a YouTube addict like me you may have heard the hype surrounding the Olaplex line. After hearing Guy Tang rave about Olaplex I sought out a hair stylist that used it. She uses Olaplex 1 when dyeing my hair and Olaplex 2 at the back bar after rinsing. She insisted I buy the Olaplex 2 for use at home. I listened and I'm glad I did.

Now, this product did not heal my split ends. It healed some of them. But I still have a lot left. I don't think it's supposed to do that however. What it is supposed to do is heal the broken bonds in colored hair that make the hair brittle. Normally, when I color my hair (at the salon or at home), I get a lot of breakage in the middle of the hair shaft. My hairbrush is littered with pieces of hair.

However, I use Olaplex 2 X a week on clean, damp hair, leave it in for a few hours, then rinse and condition. When I brush my hair, there is no breakage anymore. My hair looks and feels stronger. Not only does my hair feel stronger, but it also feels conditioned (there are conditioning ingredients in the product like aloe).

I buy my Olaplex on Amazon, and I got an enormous bottle for like $40. I would be cautious of fake products, however, as there is no way to know 100% that you're getting the real deal. If you're unsure, speak with your hair stylist and ask to see what the real bottle and packaging look like.

Mykenzie V.
Kalamazoo, MI
I love this product. It works amazing on my high lights! It colors just as expected without as much damage as other bleaching products will! I would recommend this product to everyone who is trying not to damage their hair as bad.
Mckenzie B.
literally heaven for your hair! gosh this stuff has changed the game, olaplex helps keep the integrity of your hair while being able to achieve the colors you are wanting 😊
M'leigh A.
If you're getting highlights or bleaching your hair, olaplex is a must-have!! It allows your hair to lift more and reduces damage by bleach. It's expensive but worth it.
Lorie C.
Cincinnati, OH
It can slow down the lightening process but this truly is a miracle in a bottle. I would never lighten my hair without this product. My clients often feel their hair is healthy post lightening with this treatment. Super easy to use and worth every penny.
Megan C.
Gallatin, TN
MAGICAL. Nothing else even comes close. My hair is platinum blonde & it’s as healthy as it’s ever been thanks to olaplex. It’s literally amazing to see this stuff in action!
Barbara B.
Tenafly, NJ
The only thing I can say about this product, it’s the best ! My hair is blonde and is really damaged because of the highlights, this product is always saving my hair
Paula Y.
Glendora, CA
Does it protect the hair from bleach damage?