BY OKCUPID

OkCupid is a free online dating site that uses a matching system to connect members based on surveys and profile information.

• How many of your matches above 90% were close to you in p...7 Answers
Sharonda T.
This seems to be a great app with a lot of potential. I haven't been on here long and I actually thought about giving up on it. Guys are nice and no one is rude or inappropriate. I did meet one guy that was a total scammer and drunk. On the first and only date he went from saying he was a model, to a psychiatrist, to a millionaire who has property in Beverly Hills, to be overly affectionate (which was highly uncomfortable) and get this, when the Uber driver picked us up after dinner to go to a jazz club (for only 20 minutes thank GODDD!), the driver called him a different name than the one the told me. WOW! He was a crazy date. Here's to the next ones. Crossing my fingers.
Lauren A.
Mount Vernon, IA
Techie Expert Level 2
My now fiancé and I met on OKC almost four years ago and are getting married in a few months. I had tried tinder and a few other apps and this was my favorite one! I liked how I could customize my profile and how it gave me percents for how I might match with other people. The other thing that I liked about it was that it seemed to be less about hook ups and more about actually find a companion, unlike tinder. And this app was free, while other services like this cost money. I’m thankful for this app and couldn’t be happier it helped me find the love of my life!
Ashley L.
Marietta, GA
This app worked for me back in my single days. I met my husband through this app nearly eight years ago and we have been happily together ever since! I did have to weed through a lot of not so appealing people before he found me, but it was all worth it in the end.
Elizabeth R.
West Columbia, SC
My fiancé and I met on OKCupid a little over 3 years ago. I can’t imagine not having this amazing man in my life and I’m thankful to OKCupid for making that happen. I’m not going to lie there were a lot of duds out there but in the end it all worked out.
Simone C.
After a massively horrendous break-up and feeling quite self-loathing, I joined Tinder. In the words of the 2016 Election, that was a dumpster fire. I got a new job, moved to a new state, dumped Tinder, and matured to OkCupid. I moved to an area that likes its acronyms so it took me awhile to not confuse OKC app image with Oklahoma City. I got some really nice guys to chat me up for the first two months or so, and then the random requests for midnight hookups dressed in awful grammar (gonna blame it on the a-a-a-alcohol). I did find a guy to date for about two months. Much more handsome than the profile pic suggested and hella smart. Loved that he was a nurse and was adventurous. So, yay for OKC on that one! Boo that they didn't have a bullshit-o-meter option available because this guy totally dumped me on my birthday via text and said it was because he was moving to Hawaii.

Unless Hawaii looks like the pub on Dickson Street, that dude didn't move anywhere. He may have plenty of luck on OKC, but he sure doesn't know how to work the privacy features on Instagram.
Nina G.
Uugghh where do I even start?! I guess I should say that I am now in a serious relationship and have been for a little bit (no thanks to okCupid). However, before meeting my current boyfriend I thought I'd give this a shot. I had just moved to a new city and didn't know anyone. I didn't expect anyone to be too serious about dating on this site, however it was a worse experience than I imagined. Well, I'd get message after message that was rude or sexually explicit. Sorry but no, I will not sext you on our very first conversation. I did meet one individual from the site. Our interests were very similar so I figured I'd give it a go. He was nice, didn't look like his photo but whatever, his photo wasn't the reason I was there anyway. We talked, it wasn't bad so we decided to hang out again. This time, he made rude comments about other women that walked by And afterwards he let me know that he's planning a sleepover with me and that he better at least get a make out sesh. Never again!!!
Kelsey W.
Woodstock, IL
Techie Expert Level 3
Like many, at first I was skeptical about trying online dating. I had seen endless episodes of Catfish in which attempts to "find the one" took turns for the worst, time and time again. It wasn't until a friend signed up that I decided to give it a try as well.

One of the neat things about OkCupid the ability to answer questions about your preferences. You answer what you prefer and you also answer what you would want a potential partner to prefer. With this data from all users, the site is able to calculate a "match percentage" for you and every other member. The users who have a low match percentage to you have opposing beliefs, it makes it easy to focus on people with higher match percentages - people you'll have better connections with.

You do have to give it time. I was a member of OkCupid for 3 years and received messages almost daily, all from people who weren't the right fit. But finally I did meet someone who was a great match, and 4 years later we're now happily married!
Vincent C.
Los Angeles, CA
OK Cupid is a great place if you want to really hone in on finding that special someone that views love and life the way you do. With a deep variety of fun questions to answer, you can see how you rank with matches on a moral level as well as religious, sex, political, and other. With an easy to use navigation, this site remains one of if not the top dating sites out there. The reason for a four and not five star rating is because you are still flooded with a bunch of people that are primarily looking for one night stands. The selection of great options are limited. Most of the big catches are not going to be on here. You're more likely to find the love of your life by getting out into the world and making connections through common hobbies and interests. That's not to say it's not a fun app and good way to meet people.
Miranda H.
Shelbyville, IN
Overall, I have to say that this website is amazing for finding people. Sadly, from what I could see, it didn't have a way for you to limit who all could see your profile due to distance, which leads to a lot of disappointment, especially if you're like me and would prefer someone less than 3 hours away. You can really go in-depth about the type of person you are, which helps weed out the types of people who aren't compatible. I really like their compatibility algorithm, it helps a lot to find like-minded people. It's a nice change of pace in comparison to apps like Tinder where if they leave something out of their bio, you don't really know what you're getting in to until you're already kind of attached. Overall, it's a lovely website/app and I'll continue using it.
Sarah G.
As far as dating sites go, OkCupid is fine.

On the positive side, lots of people use it, so the dating pool is good. You can filter the people you search for (although not as well as if you pay for it), and the profiles potentially have a lot of information.

On the negative side, anyone on the site can message you unless specifically blocked. This wouldn't normally be a problem, except OkCupid does very little to regulate their users. You will have to wade through offensive messages, fake profiles, users obviously misrepresenting themselves, and solicitations for prostitution to find the few decent messages you get. Unfortunately, OkCupid doesn't do much at all when you report a user.
Julia R.
Prattville, AL
How many of your matches above 90% were close to you in proximity?