OGX Smoothing + Liquid Pearl Luminescent Serum

by OGX

#22 in Hair Serums

How many times have you pretended to have mermaid hair when in any type of water? Well, get that smoothness and shine and have mermaid hair for real with the help of our Smoothing + Liquid Pearl Luminescent Serum. Blended with luxurious pearl extract and nutrient rich sea kelp, this sparkly serum will help smooth strands and shine bright like the inner mermaid we know you’ve got! Sleek, smooth strands deserve a chance to shine with OGX® Liquid Pearl collection.

I received the shampoo+conditioner from a vox box but not the serum and I was wondering if anyone who’s tried it would recommend it?
Does it make your hair look shiny and healthy?
This serum leaves oily hair?
Start your review of OGX Smoothing + Liquid Pearl Luminescent Serum!
Siler City, NC
OGX Smoothing + Liquid Pearl Luminescent Serum uploaded by lydia E.
This product looks very cool, and maybe it makes hair a little softer, but I honestly didn’t notice that much difference when I started using it. I get more from using oils or deep conditioning treatments than this. Maybe it works better for others, but for me there was no great affect. I did revive this item complementary, for testing purposes. OGX Smoothing + Liquid Pearl Luminescent Serum
Dark Blonde / Brittleness, Damage, Dry Scalp / Dry, Kinky, Coarse
Fairborn, OH
I wasn't sure what to expect from this product, but I was blown away! The pump feature is nice because you can dispense a precise amount without mess. It seemed to work better to add it in after my curling product, rather than before as the directions suggested. It controlled my frizz so well I founs myself not needing to use oil to style my hair! I think it would work well on a variety ot hair types, as I also used it on a friend with fine hair before a wedding, and it added shine without weighing her down.
Dark Brown / Curls, Frizz / Wavy, Color Treated
Received from Influenster
OGX Smoothing + Liquid Pearl Luminescent Serum uploaded by Malia S.
Purchased at: Walgreens
This is the best after shower product I've found. It leaves my hair with a shine that lasts all day without making it too oily. It smells great and gives my hair a subtle and clean smell. It's not actually "glittery" but it does really increase shine.
Dark Brown / Volume / Normal, Straight, Thin
Great Neck, NY
I was not a fan of the OGX Smoothing + Liquid Pearl Luminescent Serum. The product looks pretty in the bottle, but to be honest- I was afraid at first to put the serum in my hair because of the glitter. I have zero interest in having sparkles in my hair. When I tried the product, the serum was definitely thicker than what I am used to using and a little sticky. The glitter carried over into my hair, which I didn't love. I also had glitter on my hands. I won't be purchasing this product in the future and will stick to my typical hair oils and serums.
Dark Brown / Color Protection, Damage, Dry Scalp / Dry, Wavy, Thick
North Mankato, MN
This is like straight glitter, it didn’t smooth my hair, it felt more dry. I did keep this one, the other products I gave to my friends boyfriend, the only reason I kept it was because I thought it would be fun to use for like festivals and concerts. I wouldn’t buy this again even if I wasn’t cruelty free. Also this brand isn’t cruelty free because they sell in mainland China, but they have donated monies to lgbtq+ organizations so if that’s something that’s important to you it’s something to be noted.
Dark Brown / Anti-Aging, Brittleness, Damage / Normal, Oily, Straight
Kalamazoo, MI
This serum should be marketed as a hair gel. With the consistency of a jelly, it is less of a hydrating serum and more of a hair styling product. Since it isn’t really a serum, it requires the usage of more product at a time. I hoped this would help my ends but I used this for two weeks without any results. The only thing it achieves is glittery hands.
Platinum / Anti-Aging, Brittleness, Color Protection / Normal, Oily, Straight
Greenville, TX
OGX Smoothing + Liquid Pearl Luminescent Serum uploaded by Justina W.
OGX Smoothing + Liquid Pearl Luminescent Serum uploaded by Justina W.
Purchased at: Walgreens
Got this at walgreens, and while the price is a little high for me I like that it's not sticky and is lightweight, and gives a nice subtle shimmer. Also can go on your body as well. I use two pumps to get my entire hair done, so it seems like its gonna last a while.
Blonde / Brittleness, Color Protection, Damage / Straight, Wavy, Fine
The serum would have been a good idea... had it actually served its purpose. It did nothing but make my hair sticky, glittery and make it smell odd (the smell of these products is weird). It’s not a terrible smell but let’s just i didnt wash my hair and then think let me add this smell to it. It was a cute design, nice idea, and the product itself was pretty but it literally did nothing but that.
Brunette / Color Protection, Damage, Dryness / Dry, Wavy, Kinky
Sarasota, FL
3 stars for the scent! Although it says serum on the packaging, I wouldn't necessarily consider it one seeing as the consistency is more gel-like? almost sticky. I've used other OGX serums in the past and they do an amazing job in giving that extra oomph after a blow-dry but this one kinda applied greasy to my hair. I gave it a second shot on damp hair and it worked a tiny bit better.
Brunette / Color Protection, Damage, Dandruff / Normal, Straight, Wavy
Spring Lake, NC
The smell is amazing! It smells so clean and refreshing. It is sulfate free, which is a must. I used it throughout all my hair after towel/quick air dry. Then I styled with a blow dryer. It really helped with my baby hairs and fly aways, even in the humidity. The only thing I would improve is the shine factor. The serum is beautiful in the bottle but I did not see the same shine on my hair.
Dark Brown / Anti-Aging, Curls, Dry Scalp / Straight, Thick