BY OGX® #20 in Shampoo

This deliciously creamy and nourishing blend, infused with coconut milk, whipped egg proteins and coconut oils, helps to strengthen and hydrate your hair, leaving it softly scented, super soft and glowing.

Ingredients

Water (Aqua), Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Coco/Isostearamide, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Albumen, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Amodimethicone, Glycol Stearate, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-6, Polyquaternium-10, Laureth-4, Laureth-23, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate.

• I prefer the coconut milk shampoo. It makes my hair feel so soft ...2 Answers
  • What is your favorite kind of organix shampoo and why?77 Answers
  • What do you guys think of this brand? OGX® Coconut Milk Shampoo1 Answers
OGX® Coconut Milk Shampoo
  • "I currently use the coconut milk shampoo, conditioner, and serum, and for morning flatness/frizziness I use the Moroccan argan oil spray." in 133 reviews
  • "This shampoo smells great and keeps the moisture in my hair longer than many other shampoos, and I have very dry curly hair" in 124 reviews
  • "The argon oil, sea mineral and brazilian keratin shampoo and conditioners are also incredible but my favorite was the Tea Tree Mint." in 101 reviews
  • "I love this shampoo and conditioner My hair is very dry and damaged but with these products my hair is very silky and healthy looking.. And smells amazing " in 84 reviews
  • "I have the Moroccan Argan Creme deep conditioner, the Argan oil mist, the lemon highlights shampoo and oil mist and the Kukui oil conditioner." in 68 reviews
Diana R.
Sylmar, CA
A lot of people love this shampoo. I decided to try it because my roomate loves organix products. Well...this coconut shampoo and the conditioner have an amazing smell, this is the closest product that I have ever tried that actually smells like natural coconut (most products have that artificial coconut smell). And I know, what a real, recently cut coconut smells like (im from central america), and this is pretty close to it. It is also very foamy, I do feel like it cleanses my hair. When I used this product I had short hair, and after a month of using it my hair had grown so fast, it was amazing (I know it was this product because I cut my hair again 3 months ago and I'm using a different kind of shampoo and my hair hasn't grown at all). Anyways, the reason I stopped buying it, is because it leaves my hair so dry! I have never had dry and broken end hair problems, but with this shampoo my hair was so broken and dry. I have dark brown curly hair, but my curls have always been nice and smooth, not with this product.
Jennifer S.
Part of me really wants to love the OGX brand, because they have really cute packaging and a huge variety of scents, but I always feel like when I try something new from their line I'm a little disappointed. I recently got a sample of this in my monthly Target beauty box, and it left me feeling a little underwhelmed as usual. The smell is absolutely fantastic, especially if you're a coconut fanatic like myself. That was probably the only thing I really enjoyed. As far as the shampoo itself, I don't feel like it did much to my hair. No shine, no softness, no moisture. It didn't do anything bad... I just feel like it didn't change anything at all. I didn't mind it, but I prefer shampoos where I can actually get nice, visible results. I'll finish up the sample but I wouldn't actually ever purchase this.
Susan T.
Lutherville , MD
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is one of the best shampoos I have ever used. I normally use the Biotin shampoo by OGX but I was looking for a change. I wasn't thrilled with the results from two of the other types (caffeine niacin and Vitamin E) but I wanted to try. Wow! I was super impressed. It smells like day at the beach and my hair has transformed into a lush mane of supermodel hair. Well maybe not supermodel, but it looks great and my hair is not reacting as wildly to humidity as you usually does which is a huge plus. Only downside is that I've been unable to find a companion conditioner to go with it. But OGX does make an incredible coconut oil (leave in) that I will discuss in a different review. You won't be disappointed!
Kathleen G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this line. I've tried most of the shampoo and conditioner formulas at this point. My household favorite, though, has to be the Tea Tree formula. This scent was a staple of the brand from the start, before the name was changed to Organix. If it isn't a formula that you need regularly for your hair type, you should still have it in the rotation for occasional treatment. It's cleansing and invigorating. And, though I know it's technically people shampoo, it's gentle enough for use on the dogs, who have had a wash with this shampoo when they've been the victims of dry/rashy skin, or bug bites. Works wonderfully, very soothing. This is a regular on my shopping list.
Ashley F.
Essexville, MI
This is the only shampoo my son and I use. Because it's sulfate free, and we both have allergies to sulfates. Not only is the bottle visually appealing, the smell is amazing and the scent last quiet a while after you hair is dry. It left my hair soft and manageable, and with less tangles than the coconut water one; (Which btw has sulfates.) what's most appealing to me about this product, is that I can leave in a dime size drop of the conditioner and it helps keep fly always at bay, also I find that I can keep my hair washing to two times a week especially since it doesn't leave a build up on the scalp that can cause my hair to become rather greasy very quickly.
Kimberly A.
Homer, GA
I absolutely love this shampoo, my hair has several aggravating areas that can not always be handled by 1product but not the case here. I straighten my hair daily so it's in need of the extra moisture to say the least but due to the work I do I sweat a lot around my temples n neck so can't chance having my hair look greasy from to much moisturizing either. And this shampoo gives me just enough to solve one problem and no reason to worry about the other becoming a issue. When I use this shampoo I have less noticeable fly aways too... Then of course the awesome smell is just a bonus.... ☺
Kirsten  F.
Saint Charles, MO
Not impressed. The brand name itself is very misleading. The ingredients (PLEASE READ THEM) include dyes and other harsh chemicals. Not to mention the ingredients list is LONG which is always an indication of BS. A truly natural (or aiming to be as natural as possible) product would contain much less ingredients & ones that are easy to pronounce. These products are reasonably priced but it's because they are loaded with junk. They also do smell really nice. But once again. . . check out all the fragrance (code for chemicals). Not a fan of this stuff at all.
Diana B.
Indio, CA
Smells like vacation, feels incredible, and leaves a nice aroma that lasts for days. I stumbled across this as I was trying to hop on the coconut oil train and I have to say I fell in love withy this shampoo and the conditioner. The cons: the pump on the condition bottle could release more product, you have to allow the conditioner to settle in for a few minutes in the shower prior to rinsing out if you want to see the difference in your hair, and if you have an oily scalp this doesn't do much to combat shine. Besides that it is perfect!
Irina F.
Gaithersburg, MD
I've used this product in the past 6 months with the conditioner from the same line. I love the smell and the way it hydrates my hair. It's great for the summer time and is definitely worth the price. The only reason I give 4 stars and not 5 because my hair got used to it, and I don't get the same results anymore. I noticed a little bit of frizyness, but could be also due to the high level of humidity in the DC area. I will switch to another brand for the next couple months, but I will definitely go back using this product again.
Lindsey F.
Parker, CO
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is a wonderful, affordable shampoo. I use the Tea Tree Mint kind, and it washes my hair without drying it out. A problem I have with a lot of shampoos is that they cause my hair to get greasier faster. I can go 4-6 days without washing my hair and it still looks clean. I use this with the corresponding conditioner, and I love how soft it makes my hair. Conditioners sometimes leave a waxy coat over the ends of your hair to make it seem softer, but I believe this conditioner actually helps my hair because of the oils in it.
Raysha L.
North Bergen, NJ
What is your favorite kind of organix shampoo and why?
Sabrina V.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I wasn't able to find a conditioner is one even available?
Veasna C.
South Gate, CA
Is it worth to buy? How does your hair feel after using this product?
Shannon P.