BY OGX® #42 in Shampoo

Buy now on ULTA
and get 2.5% CASH BACK with
powered by

Curls look better when they’re quenched. So treat your tresses to this nourishing and frizz-taming tropical blend, with coconut oil, sweet honey and citrus oil, for hair that’s as beautiful as it is bouncy.

Ingedients:

Water (Aqua), Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Coco/Isostearamide, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Honey, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Dimethicone, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium-6, Polyquaternium-10, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Laureth-4, Laureth-23, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Methyl Gluceth-10, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance (Parfum).

• Is this shampoo going to give me more curls if my hair is...1 Answers
  • Is this shampoo and conditioner good for long use purpose...1 Answers
  • Would people recommend this one over the regular OGX prod...2 Answers
Alanna F.
Sylacauga
I have an aunt who used nothing but Organix products. Having slept over her house one weekend as a kid I was always drawn to the fancy shampoo in the shower until one day when I finally caved and tried it for myself! I deserve it right? One of the best decisions I’ve ever made because this brand has become my everything, my go to, my holy grail, my saving grace. I am smitten and continue to be so impressed with the products this brand delivers. Not too pricey, well worth the money. The fragrance is so natural and satisfying and even having lived in Florida my curls never looked better. Which is a huge upgrade from the frizzy mess that they usually were! My shower is not complete until I’ve use this product. Love love love and highly recommend to all women who want an amazing product that delivers for an affordable price!
Lauren R.
Lower Burrell
I got a sample of the coconut curls shampoo and conditioner with a makeup order from Ulta about a year and a half ago. Prior to that, I used herbal essence totally twisted shampoo and conditioner. After a few uses of the sample shampoo and conditioner, I was hooked. I have hair that is between curly and wavy, and some days it's impossible to manage. I also have issues with my roots getting greasy by the end of the day. This shampoo kept my hair from getting frizzy in the summer humidity and heat, which is a major issue I had. It kept my hair moisturized without it getting greasy. After using this shampoo and conditioner regularly, my hair made a great transformation, and I won't use anything else.
Kelly W.
This is my favorite shampoo/conditioner for my curly hair. If I only use shampoo every other wash, and conditioner every wash, then my scalp is perfectly balanced between dry and oily.

I tried several other varieties by OGX and have found this one to be the most helpful for my hair. The original coconut milk made my hair especially coarse, the brazilian keratin one was good for when I straighten it but did not provide much help with curls, and the sea mineral moisture was awesome but my fiancé didn't like the smell.

I have found that this variety causes my hair to be less tangled in general, which is a major plus.

Often leave in the accompanying cream or the mousse to ensure that my curls don't get flat and wavy between washes, they both seem to work fairly well when applied to wet hair and then air-dried.
Arial L.
Terre Haute , IN
I was super excited to try this brand after seeing it a billion times in IG. I love the smell and it did make my hair slightly bouncier. The coconut smell stuck around and did not just disappear after an hour. However, I felt like it dried my scalp causing it to itch. I found the brand on sale at Meijers for 2 for $10 and thought I’d give it a chance. I used the brand for a few washes and the itching did not get better. Overall Im slightly disappointed that I’m not in love with the product , but I haven’t completely scratched it from my list
Elana K.
This made my curls look amazing after my hair dried. However, my head was pretty itchy.  I used it a second time just to see if that was cause, and yes my scalp was itchy again. Also, it left a weird film on my hair and made my hair feel dried out (not moisturized). Also, my hair was pretty frizzy the next day, which I don't usually see when I use the coconut milk shampoo. I think I will not purchase this again and will go back to the coconut milk shampoo instead. Maybe I will just use the curls conditioner and not the shampoo.
Denira B.
As a natural hair person I started using Cantu. I save OGX in Walmart one day and decided to give it a shot. I’m a fan of products with coconuts so I grabbed the coconut curls. It’s a nice addition to my collection and nice twist when I want to switch washes. It’s one of the one shampoos I actually use other than that I wash and go with conditioner. OGX® Coconut Curls Shampoo
Rojeen S.
Cranston
I have super curly, coarse hair and the OGX line is sulfate free which I always look for in my shampoos and soften my curls so much. After i get out the shower my curls are mostly frizz free and not many shampoos are able to do that for me.
Tanika R.
Conroe, TX
Picked this product up on a whim while shopping at Ulta. I tried it for the first time last night and it really made my hair feel cleansed if the products that had been building I over the week. I didn’t feel like it stripped my hair at all. The smell is great, it really smells like coconut. The one thing that sort of makes me disappointed is the size of the bottle it comes in. I have very thick hair and to ensure my scalp is clean could take a little more shampoo than most. Overall, a very good product and I would definitely recommend for natural curly hair.
Lauren🌻 B.
Charlotte
As someone with extremely curly hair, I've tried numerous products.  Prior to trying this shampoo, I hated my hair.  I went through a variety of shampoos that damaged my curls.  This shampoo boosts my curls and makes them vibrant.  Plus it smells great.  This shampoo is very affordable as well.
Kessy G.
Los Altos, CA
OGX® Coconut Curls Shampoo
This set of shampoo, conditioner and leave in, are extremely wonderful! my hair was super dry and with two washes with these products I noticed a super difference. The price is not so cheap compared to others in the market, but worth every penny! I recommend!
#BestShampoo #CurlyHair
Chase C.
washington dc
I have wavy messy hair but really want curls, would this help or nah
Kortni L.
Live oak , CA
Is this shampoo and conditioner worth buying? I have dry curly hair, mostly ringlets, and I can't find anything that allows my hair to hold moisture! Really debating on trying this line with the curl styling milk also! Picture of my hair type added, Thank you!
Lex L.
Saint Leo, FL
I'm a natural girl who didn't complete the big chop so I've been transitioning for about a two years. Is this a good product that i could possibly use.
Elana K.
For curly hair, is there a big difference between using the quenching curls coconut shampoo and the nourishing coconut? Or are they both comparable in frizz control, body, helping the curls keep their shape, etc.?
Melissa K.
Anderson, TX
Anyone tried this? Due to the price of the shampoo and conditioner I would love to get some feedback before splurging.

back