BY OGX® #83 in Shampoo

Curls look better when they’re quenched. So treat your tresses to this nourishing and frizz-taming tropical blend, with coconut oil, sweet honey and citrus oil, for hair that’s as beautiful as it is bouncy.

Ingedients:

Water (Aqua), Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Coco/Isostearamide, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Honey, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Dimethicone, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium-6, Polyquaternium-10, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Laureth-4, Laureth-23, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Methyl Gluceth-10, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance (Parfum).

• Is this shampoo going to give me more curls if my hair is straigh...1 Answers
  • Is this shampoo and conditioner good for long use purposes? I rea...1 Answers
  • Would people recommend this one over the regular OGX products? Ha...2 Answers
Kelly W.
This is my favorite shampoo/conditioner for my curly hair. If I only use shampoo every other wash, and conditioner every wash, then my scalp is perfectly balanced between dry and oily.

I tried several other varieties by OGX and have found this one to be the most helpful for my hair. The original coconut milk made my hair especially coarse, the brazilian keratin one was good for when I straighten it but did not provide much help with curls, and the sea mineral moisture was awesome but my fiancé didn't like the smell.

I have found that this variety causes my hair to be less tangled in general, which is a major plus.

Often leave in the accompanying cream or the mousse to ensure that my curls don't get flat and wavy between washes, they both seem to work fairly well when applied to wet hair and then air-dried.
Jade M.
Redding
This shampoo & conditioner is great! I used it, along with many other from this company. I have wavy hair and it was always hard to find a product that didn’t feel like it was drying out my hair, leaving it frizzy, stripping my oils, and etc. this one leaves my hair feeling great! There were even a couple of times I was able to just scrunch my waves a little and let it air dry and it feel nicely. The only bummer about this product is there is there bottles are small and sometimes in can be a little expensive but it is worth it in the end👌🏼
Arial L.
Terre Haute, IN
I was super excited to try this brand after seeing it a billion times in IG. I love the smell and it did make my hair slightly bouncier. The coconut smell stuck around and did not just disappear after an hour. However, I felt like it dried my scalp causing it to itch. I found the brand on sale at Meijers for 2 for $10 and thought I’d give it a chance. I used the brand for a few washes and the itching did not get better. Overall Im slightly disappointed that I’m not in love with the product , but I haven’t completely scratched it from my list
Meagan G.
Mc Comb, OH
The smell is what really sold me on this product. The coconut and the citrus oil makes my hair smell like a tropical island even during the winter. I noticed it helped give my curls definition after showering with both the shampoo and the conditioner but sometimes the conditioner can be too much and weigh down my curls. I keep this in my rotation of products but not a product that I can use every time I wash my hair.
Elana K.
This made my curls look amazing after my hair dried. However, my head was pretty itchy.  I used it a second time just to see if that was cause, and yes my scalp was itchy again. Also, it left a weird film on my hair and made my hair feel dried out (not moisturized). Also, my hair was pretty frizzy the next day, which I don't usually see when I use the coconut milk shampoo. I think I will not purchase this again and will go back to the coconut milk shampoo instead. Maybe I will just use the curls conditioner and not the shampoo.
Tanika R.
Conroe, TX
Picked this product up on a whim while shopping at Ulta. I tried it for the first time last night and it really made my hair feel cleansed if the products that had been building I over the week. I didn’t feel like it stripped my hair at all. The smell is great, it really smells like coconut. The one thing that sort of makes me disappointed is the size of the bottle it comes in. I have very thick hair and to ensure my scalp is clean could take a little more shampoo than most. Overall, a very good product and I would definitely recommend for natural curly hair.
Alisa F.
Princeton, NJ
I started using this when I first got a perm because my friend with curly hair uses it. I like this because I feel like the shampoo fully moisturizes my hair. My friend said that her hair became softer after she started using this product. I’m not sure if I can say the same but I do love the smell of coconut after!
Lidia L.
Scott City , KS
I was actually pretty skeptical about this shampoo and conditioner combo, especially since I was spoiled with the ouidad hair care products. For the price point, it isn’t terrible, it has kept my hair soft and with the other added products helps keep my hair relatively frizz free. I gave it 4 stars because the ouidad works on my hair better but this one is bad at all, especially if you are on a budget
Sarah M.
My hair is naturally curly (loose curls) and this shampoo and conditioner give me the best soft curls. It hydrates well and doesn't leave my hair frizzy or dry. Of course, it smells wonderful too! It's pretty affordable (although the price differs depending on the store I go to). I'm a fan!
Cindy B.
Avenal
I have been using this on my daughter she has curls at the ends of her hair.. It does take away the frizzy that develops especially in the mornings that I do notice but I also notice that her curls aren't so prominent any more. I like it though because it dose help make it look less nappy
Chase C.
washington dc
I have wavy messy hair but really want curls, would this help or nah
Kortni L.
Live oak , CA
Is this shampoo and conditioner worth buying? I have dry curly hair, mostly ringlets, and I can't find anything that allows my hair to hold moisture! Really debating on trying this line with the curl styling milk also! Picture of my hair type added, Thank you!
Lex L.
Saint Leo, FL
I'm a natural girl who didn't complete the big chop so I've been transitioning for about a two years. Is this a good product that i could possibly use.
Elana K.
For curly hair, is there a big difference between using the quenching curls coconut shampoo and the nourishing coconut? Or are they both comparable in frizz control, body, helping the curls keep their shape, etc.?
Melissa K.
Anderson, TX
Anyone tried this? Due to the price of the shampoo and conditioner I would love to get some feedback before splurging.