BY OGX® #52 in Shampoo

This formula is packed with so much good-for-your-hair goodness. Infused with coconut oil, keratin proteins, avocado oil and cocoa butter, this shampoo is blended into one super wash to make hair super happy.

• I have super dry, dead, thick, tangly hair, would this work wonde...4 Answers
  • I used this product a few years ago and loved it, but more recent...2 Answers
  • Does this actually work to make your hair noticeably straighter a...5 Answers
Brittney J.
Kansas City, MO
When I was getting Keratin treatments this was my go to shampoo/conditioner. The ingredients were perfect for keeping my hair straight and clean and for a great price. It smells good and lathers easily and a little goes a long way. I’m more natural now so I don’t use it anymore but my husband found that this keeps his hair feeling clean and moisturized and it (oddly enough) keeps his winter dandruff at bay.
Kelsey A.
Bremerton, WA
I got this set when I had no hope for my hair. I ruined it with bleaching and dying it constantly. It helped bring my hair back to life for the time it even has a treatment that keeps your hair straight for however many days. I can't use it anymore because it makes my hair greasy but I gave it a good review because I would have shaved my head without it.
Regina D.
Bossier city, LA
I have a love/hate relationship with this stuff. It leaves the hair with this straw like texture after towel drying. Leave in conditioner is a must. HOWEVER, once my hair is dry it's straight! I may have a small strand against my face that need straightening, but that's it. My hair has these funky waves usually so this is a huge time saver.
Natalie M.
Homestead, FL
I understand that Keritan and coconut oil are all the rage but if you have hair that is prone to being oily this stuff will damage and destroy your hair, that’s what I have found with this brand I did not realize that karetin shampoo and conditioner and treatments contain coconut oil so this severely damaged my hair and caused breakage.
Sara B.
Richland, WA
I was not a fan of the OGX® Brazilian Keratin Therapy Shampoo t left a film on my hair that weighed it down. It also didn’t really do anything for my hair. It was just blah for me. If you are looking for a great ogx formula then I highly recommend the awapui and ginger shampoo! Now that one is amazing!
Hillary L.
Atlanta
This shampoo, even if you use it with the conditioner and other complementary products will not magically make your hair smooth and straight. However, I did notice a significant reduction in the frizziness of my hair, and it did reduce the fluffiness a little. The texture of the shampoo itself has an odd sliminess to it that takes a little getting used to. The scent is pleasant, and washing my hair with this shampoo regularly had a fun side effect of strengthening my fingernails. I like this shampoo and other OGX shampoos specifically because they are sulfate-free and do not irritate my scalp or dry out my hair.
Blissful B.
This shampoo comes out thick. I like the smell and the bottle design. This leaves my hair shining, and silky soft. Like $6 a bottle at Walmart. Definitely recommend for year round healthy, shiny looking hair. This is one of my favorite ogx shampoos and I've tried a ton! I also love their hair oils!
Ashley D.
Roseburg, OR
I love this shampoo and so does my husband! It leaves our hair silky smooth and with a smell so lovely I can't help but bury my nose in his hair. Since we discovered this product we have not bought another shampoo even our guest bathroom is stocked with this great shampoo!
Annabelle W.
Plympton
The OGX shampoo is my go to shampoo that I use everyday. It has a nice scent of coconut and one bottle lasts you about a month. This is best for curly hair because it is made to help straighten your hair. This is a product I will continue to buy again and again.
Marissa C.
Olathe, KS
This product made my hair feel great, however it did dry out my hair I thought, that is why I moved to the extra strength. Great scent that is long lasting. I feel my extra strength does work better than this but I continue to use the conditioner of this kind.
Denise R.
I've always wanted to try these products, on a scale from 1 -10 what would be the honest rating?
Abby J.
Sarasota , FL
Does this actually work to make your hair noticeably straighter and smoother?
Lynn C.
Bailey, NC
Has anyone had any hair loss from this product? I love it but a friend said it made her hair come out at the part. I started noticing the same thing, so I quit.
Jazmin L.
Laredo, TX
Does this shampoo really work? Does it help maintain frizz and help the flat ironing process? Thanks =D
Irene B.
I have super dry, dead, thick, tangly hair, would this work wonders on my hair?