Oculus

2 star

1 star

4.00 / 5 star rating
4 / 5
I purchased this as a Christmas gift for my son. He loves playing it and has a lot of fun trying out different vr games. The quality of the product is very nice. There aren’t a ton of games available and the battery life is a little short. We ended up buying an external battery pack on Amazon.
5.00 / 5 star rating
5 / 5
Let Be start by saying this was my first VR headset as of date. And I bounced back and forth between purchasing this unit and the PlayStation VR made for PS5 being the PlayStation fan that I am. However, in the end price and curiosity outweighed their reviews on the PSVR and I opted for the Meta Quest 2. I must say so far I am not sorry in my decision and I feel that it is an interesting piece of technology to come out of the back doors of what most of us know as Facebook. Regardless of social platforms, this virtual technology is definitely on par with the competitors. If not a step above it. In researching before purchasing, I noticed very quickly that Meta Quest 2 was the only unit available that was its own independent headset and all you needed to jump into the gaming experience or whatever you choose to do on the Horizon. Other units seem to weigh you down in certain situations and keep you in place as if You're playing your game as you normally would in front of your television. Definitely a bonus on the creator's part here because it allows for optimal move around and full 360° movement for all sorts of games, exercise and more. I've included a clip I shared from One of my first ventures into the other side courtesy of YouTube VR and it's just a simple tour of sorts available to show you the sites around the world and may not seem like much. But when you're wearing the headset and the sound is traveling in 360° peripheral as well. You are transported wherever this thing chooses to take you and it's almost fascinating. If not next to addicting. If you have the chance to pick one up I say pick it up and give it a try because you probably won't put it down. The only piece of advice I can offer to those who have not tried it out would be to invest in rechargeable batteries. The two units that fit in hand for- well taking place of your hands in virtual reality-(although there is the ability within meta to operate without the controllers and it will recognize your hands themselves and show them accordingly within your screen view) but my point is that they take two AA batteries each and they burn through them in a couple sessions. I would say if you're like me in a session will last a few hours. Another VERY IMPORTANT NOTE- IF YOU ARE SOMEONE THAT WEARS GLASSES YOU MAY WANT TO MEASURE YOUR FRAMES AGAINST THE UNIT DIMENSIONS ITSELF. I am lucky enough that my glasses happened to fit easily into the unit, but I don't have very big frames. One thing that helps me in using the unit is to place my glasses into the headset first then slip the headset on as if it was one piece instead of trying to shimmy my glasses through the pressure of the opening. By doing this, I have no difficulty whatsoever and no bending or stress points in my frames, which therefore make a comfortable gaming experience that I'm not constantly worried about my vision or my own comfort. Definitely recommend.
4.00 / 5 star rating
4 / 5
The Oculus Quest is an incredible virtual reality (VR) headset that delivers an immersive and accessible VR experience. Its wireless design offers freedom of movement without the need for external sensors, providing an effortless setup. The Quest's impressive graphics and tracking capabilities, combined with a vast library of games and experiences, offer users a truly captivating and enjoyable VR journey. Its versatility as a standalone device or the option to connect to a PC for more advanced experiences makes it a standout choice in the world of VR. Overall, the Oculus Quest offers an accessible, high-quality VR experience that is both user-friendly and incredibly fun.