BY OCEANIA CRUISES #8 in Cruise Lines

• How does this compare to other major cruise lines? Consid...2 Answers
  • I've never heard of this cruise line is it here in the USA 1 Answers
  • What you don't like about this cruise? 2 Answers
Oceania Cruises
  • "Had an inside cabin which was quite small but had everything you needed, the staff were amazing and went out of the way to make your cruise totally enjoyable , the food well it was just fantastic couldn't of asked for better so much choice,the entertainment was always very good." in 2 reviews
  • "cruises are so much fun and this cruise line was lovely i had an amazing trip " in 1 review
  • "Great cruise line!" in 1 review
  • "i could tottally go on a cruise, i am in need of one, lol these are great you can never go wrong," in 1 review
LEAR25098 Macarena P.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I have been on numerous cruises (17+) throughout the world on various cruise lines over the years. This was our first cruise with Oceania. The 11-day Seaside Medley Cruise started in New York City on Sunday, August 20, 2017. The Port is easy to get to by taxi and is a good location on the Hudson River (west side) of Manhattan at 12th Avenue and W. 48th Street. .

Boarding the ship was very easy. We got on board around 3 pm. Our room was towards the rear of the ship on deck 6, room 6072. This was a good location because we were able to take the stairways to 5 for dinner and the Insignia Lounge. Most points of interest are on 5, 9 or 10. The ship was around 20 years old and was very nice; very clean. It was remodeled recently. The staff was great and the food was good; although not as good as I was made to believe. The specialty restaurants were good, especially the Italian. The desserts were generally very good. The dining rooms were very nice and easy to get into for dinner.

The alcoholic drinks and wine appeared to be very over priced (average price per drink, any drink, around $15, including tip). This appeared to discourage alcohol consumption. The entertainment was good, better than I anticipated. If you want to see the show, not just hear it, you must get to the Insignia Lounge about 30 minutes early for a good seat. The ship provided complimentary water, soft drinks, shakes and malts, smoothies and ice cream. They even had a special smoothie of the day. The complimentary spa included a nice steam room and a very nice fitness center.

The ship left on time from NYC and generally from all of the Ports of Call. The visited Ports of Call follow.

Newport, RI – We took the Cliff Walk & the Breakers tour through the ship. The walk along the water front along million dollar homes was impressive and beautiful. The Breakers provided a self guided tour. The tour was worth the money although you probably could have done this on your own.

Boston, MA – In Boston we took the Historic Boston & Cambridge tour. We saw Old Iron Sides from the street and Bunker Hill as we walked parts of the Freedom Trail. The guide was great … full of information … he made the tour worth while. We also drove and walked around Cambridge on a day when the students were coming back to the campus. The guide dropped us off at the Quincy Market and Oceania provided a free bus back to the ship.

Bar Harbor, ME – Bar Harbor is Acadia National Park ... a beautiful park. We took the Grand Tour of Bar Harbor & Acadia National Park tour. Our tour included the Park, a nice drive along the shore and a lobster lunch. It was a beautiful clear day and the view from Cadillac Mountain was fabulous (the mountain top is frequently fogged in). The lobster lunch was a blast.

Halifax, NS, Canada – We took the Historic Halifax & RMS Titanic tour. It included an interesting tour of the city, a stop at the Maritime Museum and the Fairview Lawn Cemetery. Our tour guide was an expert on the Titanic and was just full of information on the Museum and the Cemetery. She made the tour. After the tour we walked back to the Museum to spend more time there. Halifax is a great city to walk along the dock.

Hamilton and St. George's Bermuda – This was our first time in Bermuda and the tours just didn't interest us. We purchased a two day bus/ferry pass for around $32 each and cruised the island. We had a great time. The National Museum, at the Naval Dockyard, is a great place to learn about local history and is a very busy place, especially when the big cruise ships are in port. The area and the museum will surprise you. We stopped at Horseshoe Bay beach, a beautiful and popular place (that means crowded). Other beaches in the area might be better for a beach day. It's also a quarter mile walk, at Horseshoe Bay, from the road to the water down hill. … it's up hill back to the bus! The Crystal Caves are worth stopping at too. They are unique. At the Crystal Caves bus stop is the Swizzle Inn. This is the place for your Rum Swizzle … a must. Taking the bus or ferry allows you to really see the island and also, mix with the local people who are very friendly and helpful.

In Hamilton, we docked downtown. The positive is that we were downtown in the middle of everything. The negative was that it was Sunday and everything, well almost everything, was closed. Even with that said, Hamilton was a pretty location. In St. George's, we docked again, downtown. This time, everything was open. Getting from Hamilton to St. George's is unbelievable. The ship cruised through a narrow cut with maybe 30 feet on each side to dock in St. George's. They even fired a canon at us as we approached. Bermuda was fun. The negative, we left about 6 hours early because of a storm along the East Coast. The storm delayed our arrival to NYC by a few hours. The storm also caused large wave action that made movements on the ship entertaining!

Getting off the ship was easy. Our luggage had to be out of the room by around 10:00 pm the night before. When your number and color were called, you just walked out. Almost too easy. We had no wait. Our luggage was waiting for us, we got a taxi (about $65 to LGA) across the street ….. and we were gone. A great trip.
Beth S.
lots of things to do, there's bars, swimming pools, places to sunbathe, pool tables, quizzes, discos, karaoke, show on at night and many more. I love traveling on the ship because you could get off at a different place each day, also if you didn't want to get off you could enjoy the activity they offer or chill out on your own. This caters for all ages from young to mature
Ντένις Ρ.
Virginia Beach
Satisfying, however not my primary way of travelling. I have used it only twice and it was not the most pleasant experience. The customer service was a bit rough and not particularly friendly. Despite those things the travel was amazing and I enjoyed the ride.
Michela C.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
I think this company treats its passengers very well, the price is ok for the service it gives. I went on holiday with my family and we really liked the disponibility of every worker! The food and the organization were also really good.
Sash N.
Auckland
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Oceanic cruise for my Mum and uncle and Aunty was amazing, they travelled to New Caledonia and the Pacific Islands. I would love to go with Mum and my sister to Tahiti.
Dina D.
Oceania is a small ship cruise line for growns up  with an emphasis on destination-intensive itineraries. A focus on culinary exploration translates into multiple onboard dining venues with no surcharges, wine-pairing dinners and a series of unique foodie tours in port
Yoli S.
Doral, FL
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I chose this cruise because it coincided with a wedding we were attending in Italy. Ours was the Western Mediterranean cruise which departed June 14, 2017. Our friends had cruised on the Riviera and highly recommended it. We couldn't have had a more wonderful cruise. The staff is very attentive. Nothing is ever a problem as far as they are concerned. The food is five star and the ship is absolutely beautiful! My husband and I can't wait to take another Oceania cruise! Highly recommend! This is a cruise for adults without children. The wonderful thing about Oceania is that they do not charge extra for the specialty restaurants. There are four included in your cruise and all are excellent. In addition, you have the grand dining room, the terrace cafe, and the grill by the pool. We feel that for the money, you can't beat Oceania. It is a luxery level cruise.
Lise B.
New Castle, DE
Riviera embodies the Oceania Cruises experience better than any other cruise. With medium and comfortable dimensions, it retains the same warmth and charm as its acclaimed consorts Regatta, Insignia and Nautica. While the informal country club atmosphere and the level of personalized service are maintained, these boats offer even more options and some attractive new amenities. Being the first boats designed for lovers of exquisite cuisine and travel experiences, it offers passengers ten places to eat, of which six are gourmet restaurants with unassigned seats, which can be used without extra charge.

I just can say that I am waiting to go back up in one and not go back down.
Mariana A.
Minden, NV
Globetrotter Expert Level 2

What a wonderful product! This is my favorite. Size and price are incredibly nice. It is at the top of the list of recommendations and I would definitely buy again. If I could I would make a stock at home with that haha ​​I am very happy to have it tested
Grace S.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Again I do not like that I cannot make a change it was not Oceana cruise that we went on but p&o .. but this snap survey will not let me skip or change the selection
so I give this company's 5 stars because it's not their fault Thisbe survey is not working
Becky M.
Aurora , CO
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
I have never taken a cruise, but would love to! Does anyone recommend this Oceania Cruise over others? Is it good overall for a first cruise?
Clarissa J.
Little Rock, AR
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Has anyone been on a cruise with them?
Alysha L.
GOLDTHWAITE, TX
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
I would love to go on a cruise
Karen V.
Oxon Hill, MD
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
How much was everything you spend on the cruiser ? Estimates?
Michelle S.
Chicago , IL
Would you recommend this cruise line for a young (20 year old) couple? or which is better?