• Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar Cha
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar-
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar Stained Meta
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar Kava
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar Plastic Passion Collection Hollywood
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar Unknown Pleasures Fall 2014 Technopagan
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar Sci Fi Lullabies Collection Annika
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar MOSH- Brick burgundy shimmer
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar FEMME- True baby pink
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar MEMENTO- Midtone pink / plum neutral
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar SEBASTIAN- Plum-toned taupe
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar HOLLYWOOD- Beige with gold metallic pearl
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar NSFW- True balanced red
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar GRANDMA- Clean classic coral
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar TRAFFIC- True primary yellow
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar TARRED- True deepest black
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar FEATHERED- True opaque white
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar ARTIFACT- Bronze with metallic copper pearl
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar LILY- True lavender
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar RIME- Pale turquoise with gold shimmer
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar WASABI- Opaque bright chartreuse
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar MAGNOLIA- Warm blush pink
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar COSPLAY- Teal-toned green
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar STRANGE & UNUSUAL- Metallic darkroom plum
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar ALCHEMY- True champagne shimmer
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar BLACKBOARD- Dark, dusty blackened green
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar DASH- Muted rose-toned beige
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar STRUCTURE- Concrete grey beige
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar POOL BOY- Aquatic blue
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar Rtw Liquid Lipstick Working Girl
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar Rtw Liquid Lipstick Strange Unusual
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar LUXE- Deep red-violet with magenta pearl
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar LUSH- Deep red-violet
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar SYNTH- True rose gold shimmer
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar WORKING GIRL- Bright candy pink with gold ...
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar Plastic Passion Collection Mannequin
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar Black Metal Dahlia
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar Indrid
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar Sebastian
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar Rime
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar Matte Kava-Kava
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar Occ Stained Aurora
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar INDRID- Opalescent grey with pink duochrome
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar VINTAGE- Deep burgundy
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar STALKER- True blue-based red
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar TECHNOPAGAN- Blackened purple with blue me...
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar BELLADONNA- Ultra violet
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar ANIME- Seriously neon pink
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar NARCISSUS- Lavender-toned pink
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar MISERY- Bright crimson red
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar STRUMPET- Seedless grape red
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar ROBOHOOCHIE- Vibrant magenta with multidim...
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar DERELICT- Patinaed olive gold shimmer
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar DISINTEGRATION- Mauve taupe with silver sh...
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar BLACK DAHLIA- Blackest, blackened red
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar BLACK METAL DAHLIA- Blackened red with red...
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar ANITA- Browned burgundy
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar In Your Face Kit Crucial Neutrals
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar In Your Face Kit Vicious Violets

BY OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE COSMETICS

A color-saturated, metallic-finish lip tar. After three years of intensive product development, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics is proud to introduce a new breed of Lip Tar with a metallic finish. Infused with state-of-the-art metallic pigments that deliver intense shine, the opacity is an unparalleled, high-voltage color with a reflective shimmer finish. From the innovators behind the cult-favorite liquid lipstick Lip Tar, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics unleashes a range of shades and textures that explore the boundaries between light and shadow. OCC's Fall/Winter Colour Collection brings together six all-new Lip Tar shades, as well as six coordinating Nail Lacquer shades and two new Cosmetic Colour Pencil shades. It captures seasonal trends as created by OCC on the runways of New York Fashion Week, with shades that made their original debut at the Fall/Winter 2014 Collections. It offers a range of colors that promise to tease and tempt the senses, from chic neutrals to ultramodern, matte and metallic vampy shades.

• What'll be better choise - Lip Tar or NYX matte liquid li...3 Answers
  • Looking for a bridal lipstick, is this long wear? 2 Answers
  • I've noticed every beauty guru on Youtube use this produc...15 Answers
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar

Start your review of Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar!

• No results found for "".
How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
  • "These are so pigmented and long lasting love them may need to add a gloss but I love them" in 105 reviews
  • "I LOVE LOVE LOVE OCC Lip Tars, they are all I need in my makeup kits and the only lip products I really keep. You can mix the colors to create new colors, they go on like a gloss and dry to a matte lipstick finish. They last for hours, and easily top with clear gloss for high shine. You need to apply these with a lip brush for the best results, a teeny tiny drop is really all you need and if you use too much you will have them feathering. They may seem pricey but a tube lasts a LONG time and if you are a MUA they are an awesome value! **In the photo strumpet is on the left and trollop on the right." in 37 reviews
Mayra R.
Review for: Unknown Pleasures Fall 2014 Technopagan more...
I know lip tars aren't everyone's cup of tea. Especially with the liquid to matte craze going on right now but I LOVE this shade. I am a lipstick lover with a collection way bigger than I care to admit and this is one of my top all time fave shades. It's a blurple shade so it shifts from blue to purple and it's gorgeous with a semi-metallic finish. I like to have my with lots of shine and as the hours go buy it slowly wears down to a less glossy finish. These are not transfer proof and this shade is kinda like a lip lacquer or lip hybrid in consistency but it's long lasting. You will have to reapply after eating though and it definitely needs a lip liner. Otherwise it will start to fray outside the lip line. I love to use a clear liner and it stays put. But the color is just so unique and beautiful. It may be too bold for some but it's a blue that's definitely wearable everyday. I get compliments EVERY single time I wear it. I highly recommend this shade.
Claudia O.
Saint Johns, FL
I really like all this brand. They have a wide set of colors and the formula and consistency is great. I bought the products from Ricky's in NYC. It's very easy to apply and blendable with other colors if you want an ombré look.
Kristie L.
Kerhonkson, NY
I can’t say enough about Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics.

Their products are vegan which is extremely important to me. They are high quality at a reasonable price.

I love every single thing that they sell.
livvy.living f.
beachwood, OH
Review for: Other more...
really sticky, hard to apply, not as long lasting as i would hope. susceptible to smears unlike non-glossy lip stains/matte lip paint. i have two tubes that i’ve had for years and barely used so that says something. i do like how this seems to be a more moral company though. they are animal friendly and id imagine also eco conscious but i’m not sure about the latter.
Deanne V.
Woodland, CA
I wanted to try this for a long time so I bought a few when Sephora had a VIB sale. These are highly pigmented and dry to a satin - semi-matte finish. They do stain the lips however I don’t typically like matte so I add gloss. Great colors, what I like is you can custom blend the color to your perfect choice. These all have a minty flavor and due to the consistency of the product I expect these to last a long-long time.

-HOW I USE: I line lips then add a gloss base (you should add gloss base makes it easier to apply less drying). Use a lip brush for even application. Seriously don’t use a lot of product start out with very little it has a lot of pigmentation. I purchased Feather (white) to lighten the color a needed I am glad I did these colors are very deep (opaque).

-USE: This tube may look small but this is highly pigmented and you need less than a pinhead size. Less is more with this product. If you use too much it will feather, use a lip liner to prevent bleeding and add a gloss or balm as based before lip tar.

-SWATCHES Left is #8 (burgandy-red) far right is #1 (mauve) (5 - 8 are true to color for some reason 1- 4 appear “slightly” darker than they are): #4-8 came in set sold at Sephora
1: Lydia 2: Marion 3: Memento 4: Melange 5: Grandma 6: Pretty Boy 7: Stalker 8: Vintage
Sara-Catherine F.
Tupelo, MS
I received a tube of Lip tar for a birthday gift. It's super pigmented and long lasting! It smears very easily tho and is difficult for the average makeup girl to put on. I do like the product a lot but I wouldn't recommend it to newbies.
Deborah M.
WATERBURY, CT
I hate everything that goes on my lips. I hate lip gloss that's sticky and gooey, and I hate lipstick that's creamy and makes me want to rub my lips together all day... unless it's a thin layer of chapstick, everything else feels like it's suffocating my lips.

I read amazing reviews on these (they were used on the actors in The Hunger Games before they were carried in Sephora - THAT amazing) but I still wasn't sure. Once Sephora had their VIB sale I jumped and bought one of the sets of 5. Since then I've bought 7 (7!) more lip tars. I love them. You do need to moisturize your lips before applying, otherwise every crack and crevice will show, but these are so pigmented and long lasting that the extra step is totally worth it. Application definitely requires a lip liner (I use clear for everything!) and a brush (unless you can wash your fingers quickly afterward - some colors tend to stain) but not having to reapply, and not having my lips feel suffocated it's totally worth it. There's something like 47 shades now, so there's bound to be at least one you'll like. TRY THESE NOW.
Katherine R.
Union City, NJ
I'm not going to lie, this was one of my least favorite high end purchases. I bought a set of these off Sephora in 2011 or so, so I'm unsure if they've changed the formula since then. First off, you need their primer and a liner to use this stuff successfully. It's going to feather like crazy if you don't. I bought a set of 4 or 5 colors and yet, in that set, there was no primer. Why wouldn't you include the companion to a product in a set? Especially if it's the only way to make this look good. However, these things are super pigmented. To the point that it's a little annoying. You can't get it on your skin or it's going to stain. So that rules out applying or touching up with fingers. Also, if you get it on the outside of the tube, it will plague you for the rest of your days. I put one in a drawer with a makeup brush and every time I touch that brush there is still somehow magenta lip tar on it. If you're fine with a lot of extra work for a look you could get for far cheaper, buy.
Melissa O.
Review for: Vintage more...
Beautiful shade, but the description is a little misleading. It doesn't ever get matte and the longevity is a little bit to be desired - though it leaves a lovely stain. It's very, very comfortable to wear and has a fresh, minty scent. I cannot emphasize enough how little you need. Unfortunately, it's biggest downfall is that it's quite prone to feathering (as OCC Lip Tars are) and I'm just not a huge fan of products that you need other products to make work effectively, in this case, the primer and a lip liner. I understand that liners are beneficial, but I want to be able to wear a product without that additional investment. It is also quite difficult to reapply in public because you need to take the brush with you. As far as OCC goes, I think I will stick to their glosses.
Kristen J.
Wakefield, MA
Review for: Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar- more...
As a recent convert to OCC Lip Tars for my go-to longwear lip product, it seemed only natural to purchase an on-trend black lippie from one of my new favorite cosmetic companies. I had heard the mixed reviews about this shade from beauty gurus all across the internet but needed to see it for myself. I'm going to say right now that this does not have the same hold as other lip tars. It also doesn't dry as quickly as the other colors in OCC's range. It's clearly been designed to be mixed easily with other shades to vamp up the color and make chic dark colors. That said, a good black lipliner or eyeliner underneath will give you black lips to die for, and a reasonable amount of wear if you aren't drinking or eating.
Kemah H.
Houston , TX
I've noticed every beauty guru on Youtube use this product. Is this like your typical lip gloss? Is it better than lip gloss? Somebody please fill me in lol.
Erica C.
Tustin, CA
Wats urcfavorite color
Brooke G.
Sunbury, PA
How drying are these products?
Gabriela S.
Anaheim, CA
I've been dying to try this product. Is it worth it?

Sephora