Obagi Sun Shield Matte Broad Spectrum SPF 50

by Obagi Medical

Apply liberally 30 minutes before sun exposure as needed. For use in children under 6 months of age, ask a doctor. Reapply as needed or after swimming or perspiring.

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Obagi Sun Shield Matte Broad Spectrum SPF 50!
How would you rate this product?
Reynoldsburg, OH
I was introduced to this product by my esthetician and I use this every day. It’s my go to sunscreen. I love that it’s matte so I can wear it throughout the day or under makeup and not worry about looking greasy.
Santa Ana, CA
I absolutely love this SPF. Has a high amount of zinc and also doesn’t leave your skin greasy or break you out. I wear it daily and it almost even acts as a primer before my makeup
Concord, MA
If you have read my babbling reviews on the OBAGI Nu Derm and Vitamin C line then you know I am a lover and a fan.

This sun block also holds a special place in my heart as it is just so so so good.  For me, OBAGI is the savior of my spotted patchy face.  I have melasma and discovered OBAGI almost 20 years ago.   We have been married ever since.

I have used the Obagi Nu Derm line, the Vitamin C line and had the Obagi Blue Peel (medium depth TCA peel).   Weekly I would receive compliments on my skin.  I am almost 50 but look 35 (and act 14) .

My Obagi Blue Peel results (coupled with the use of the original Obagi Nu Derm and original Vitamin C line) lasted ten years and one of the biggest factors I contribute to that long run of awesomeness is this sun block.

I use it daily and I reapply, reapply and reapply.  Even when indoors!   Light is everywhere and it is not our friend.   It's not just the aging, its the spotting and if you have melasma then you know all it takes it a wee bit of light to turn that pigment producing mean gene on and then it's back to spots.

This product has kept my skin healthy and happy and it is my absolute favorite.  I sometimes use the SkinMedica Defense sunblock - which I also love and will post a review on that one too - but the Obagi is my home base for sun block.

I highly recommend this product.  The tinted one too!

I highly recommend this product.  The tinted one too!
Chatsworth, CA
This sunscreen is great! It’s spf 50! I love that it is mattefying on the skin so your face doesn’t look greasy at all. It is pretty light as well. I recommend this sunscreen if you have acne prone skin like I do; When I wear this I don’t worry about breaking out. The only negative I have about it is that it is on the pricey side. Obagi Nu-Derm Sun Shield Matte Broad Spectrum SPF 50 3 oz
Six Mile
This sunscreen is truly amazing. It goes on and leaves a matte finish. You cannot even tell it is on- no oil, no annoying smell. I wore it one day while kayaking/swimming and it was perfect. I am VERY for skinned, so I sunburn easily, but it was perfect. I didn't even have to reapply. You couldn't even tell I had been in the sun!
Shiloh, IL
Good sun coverage. No scent. I feel like it gets the job done and doesnt leave my skin looking too overly white. The only issue I have found with it is I can not use a makeup primer on top of the sunscreen. It makes the sunscreen ball up on my face. So essentially I have to use the sunscreen as a makeup primer to prevent this issue.
Pittsford, NY
I use this under my make up everyday. It’s nice for the face because it really is matte and doesn’t interfere with make up (you won’t photograph poorly). My only issue is that it is thick and difficult to spread if you have dry skin. I try to use a toner beforehand so it applies easier.
Huntingtn Bch, CA
The thing I love most about this sunscreen is that it feels more like a matte primer than a sunscreen. It isn't thick feeling or greasy feeling on my skin, which is something I hate about previous sunscreens I have tried. It doesn't have an over powering sunscreen smell either which is super nice!
Galveston, TX
This is seriously the best sunscreen I've ever had. It's great to use as a primer and the best is that it's not glowy, it's matte, so you it doesn't change your make up. It's broad spectrum and the product feels very nice on the skin. Obagi is an expert when it comes to sunscreen and vitamin C.
southampton
This is the only Obagi product that I really didn’t like . It seems to take a while to soak into the skin and it seems to be too thick . Have used better much cheaper brands . Would not use again. If Obagi improves this in the future then I would give it another try.

Looking for your answer?