Obagi Nu-Derm Blend Fx Face Treatment Formula

by Obagi Medical

Obagi nu derma blend fix improves the appearance of sun damage and hyperpigmentation. This non-prescription night cream is a hydroquinone-free alternative to obagi blender that targets dark spots caused by melisma, acne, uv exposure and more. Blend fix also helps improve skin elasticity by building healthy collagen. Its gentle formula works to provide anti-aging results without causing irritation. With regular use, this skin brightener will gradually improve the appearance of blotchy and discolored skin.

Can this be used with trentinoin 0.1 cream or clindamycin gel? I’ve used the Obagi Professional-C Serum 20% with the clindamycin and had no problems. I’m not sure if I can use these together or with the retin-a. Thank you
Doo you still need retinol with this product?
How is this product? What changes do you see to your skin? #voxbox #obagi
Start your review of Obagi Nu-Derm Blend Fx Face Treatment Formula!
Annette P.
Grand Rapids, MI
Obagi Nu-Derm Blend Fx Face Treatment Formula uploaded by Annette P.
Purchased at: Amazon
I’ve been using this product for years recommended by my dermatologist my skin was so uneven and blotchy this cleared it up and made my skin tone even all over highly recommended it’s pricey but worth it
Jennifer B.
Zippy is sad about this one.  For quick background (if you read my babbling review of the Obagi Nu Derm Clear FX you will thank me for making this one shorter), I have been a loyal OBAGI user for almost 20 years.   Additionally, I have hooked my friends and family on it too.

I have melasma and used the original OBAGI NU DERM line (with 4% hydroquinone)  for many years before getting the OBAGI Blue Peel (medium depth TCA).  My skin was flawless.  I loved it and I miss it.  It lasted for ten years - until last fall.

During those ten years I used the Obagi Original NU DERM Line (The Blender product is the 5'th step in the line along with Retin-A) twice a week and used the OBAGI Vitamin C product line for the remainder of the time.  Awesome skin and I received compliments on my mug constantly.

Last fall the melasma started to creep in so I stopped the OBAGI Vitamin C line and went back on the original Obagi NU Derm line - with the blender product which contained 4% Hydroquinone.   My melasma receded and more excited I could not have been.   Until my product ran out and I purchased the OBAGI Nu Derm Blender FX.   This has 7 % arbutin (the lightening ingredient) opposed to the 4% hydroquinone which has been banned in many countries for good reason.

Sadly for Zippy, the new Blender FX did not help my melasma.  As a matter of fact, it got worse.  NOT because the product aggravated it, but because it just wasn't effective for me and their was nothing to shut off the pigment production.

OBAGI makes excellent products and Dr. Obagi was a pioneer in his field.  Hydroquinone works, but it is not safe.  Many dermatologists swear by Arbutin and there is some evidence that suggests when switching from Hydroquinone to Arbutin you need to take a break as the arbutin mimics the hydroquinone and after weeks of use, your body will build up an immunity to it.   The suggested course is 6 weeks on and a few weeks off.  I did not take a break between the Orignal Nu Derm Blender or the Blender FX and that may be why it didn't work for me.

If you struggle with Melasma, sun spots excess freckling I still think Obagi Nu Derm is an excellent option.  The Skin Medica Lytera has shown promise as well and I love that line for a lot of different reasons, but I would still say start with Obagi.   The products last a while so will get your money's worth.

Also, to really be effective use the Retin-A with the blender and don't give up if you start to shed or turn red.  Read my review on the OBAGI Sun Block Tinted SPF 50 to get around any peeling issues you may experience from the retin a use.  Obagi is transformative when used with the Retin-A.

Nancy S.
Nashville, TN
This is a great non hydroquinone pigmentation lighten product. It's easy to use . You mix a small amount with your tretinoin or moisturizer every night. I've noticed great results with this. The pigmentation has lightened tremendously. I would buy this again.
Laura B.
I blend a dime size with the .5 % retain A every few nights. significant diff. in 4 months with the texture and fine lines. you don't need all of the Obagi newderm products if you're just wanting a wrinkle fighter.
Mikey S.
Marietta, OH
The Obagi NuDerm system is really great for discoloration and fine lines. This product is used mixed with tretinoin cream and it will completely change the texture of your skin, making it better. Only downside is it is expensive and that you have to get it from a medical professional.
Nancy S.
Nashville, TN
For 3 months I've used this mixed in with my Curology every night for hyperpigmentation. It's lightened it tremendously. It has a weird smell but it's not irritating st all. It's my first time using this but I would recommend if you have pigmentation problems.
Bailey V.
Conroe, TX
My boyfriend uses this product! It was recommended to him by his dermatologist and he loves it. It isn’t drying and it works really well. He enjoys this product and will probably buy again very soon. The bottle is so small)-:
Sydnee O.
Port Saint Joe
I use this product every day. It helps me keep my skin clear and deal with my acne. It’s gentle on the skin however I do recommend following up with a moisturizer to prevent the skin from drying out due to the acne clearing acid in the face wash.
Erin W.
This stuff is amazing. I had brown spots (melasma) from being on birth control all over my face and this stuff has helped lighten it. It's literally the best product I've used for lightening darkness. I've tried so many products. I definitely recommended this stuff. It's awesome. I was told to do half blender mixed with half retin-a for best results FYI...
Amy C.
Let me be honest and say that this product smells awful but it works like a charm! If you have issues with malasma, hyperpigmentation from acne, or any scaring...this is the product for you! Just worked great on my face and really evened out my skin tone but most amazing thing to me was how well it faded a biopsy scar that I had on my chest from having a mole removed. Completely non existent! Amazing results.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Caitlin N.
Charlotte , NC
il y a un an
Zaynab C. il y a 7 mois
Yes definitely I have mixed it during the night with my 0.5 percent prescription tretinion even over the counter retinol. I m not sure about clindamysin. I wouldn’t mix with it with clindamysin.
Gabriela A.
il y a 2 ans
Casey D. il y a 2 ans
Obagi products are amazing. I've been using the nu derm line for 10 years now. The blender will help. Also try the clear, and make sure that you're using a toner. I prefer the nu derm toner. Hope this helps:).