Obagi Medical Obagi Nu Derm Clear Fx Skin Brightening Cream 2 oz/57.g

by Obagi Medical

Obagi Nu Derma Clear Fix is hydroquinone-free treatment. Sun damage and hyperpigmentation age the complexion. Obagi Nu Derma Clear Fix works to fade dark spots and create a more even skin tone. This hydroquinone-free skin lightener helps minimize imperfections caused by melisma, sun damage, acne and more. The non-prescription formula is gentle yet effective as it works to clarify and brighten skin. Obagi Nu Derma Clear Fix also helps promote healthy cell renewal for a more radiant appearance. With continued use, this lightening cream gradually improves the look of blotchy and discolored skin. Minimizes dark spots with 7% arbutus, an extract from the bearberry plant Arbutus works by inhibiting tyrosine production, an enzyme responsible for dark spots Antioxidants protect skin and prevent future damage The hydroquinone-free formula will not irritate skin Diminish the appearance of sun damage and dark spots with Obagi Nu Derma Clear Fix.

Why does it say that this is in nuts and seeds? I want an actual review to see if this is worth it for my acne scars.
Start your review of Obagi Medical Obagi Nu Derm Clear Fx Skin Brightening Cream 2 oz/57.g!
Concord, MA
I have been a loyal and loving fan of OBAGI for almost 20 years.  I have introduced it to my friends and to my family and they too are hooked.

Ten years ago I had the OBAGI Blue Peel which is a medium depth TCA peel and it was a game changer for my melasma.   I had the most lovely skin after that peel and it lasted for ten years.   Prior to the peel I prepped with the entire NU DERM line (which I had used on and off for years)  for 6 weeks.  The peel took 16 days to fully shed - I had snake face!  Afterwards, I used the OBAGI Vitamin C line to maintain the benefits while using the OBAGI NU DERM line twice a week.

Last fall, my melasma started to creep back in and more sad I could not have been.   I jumped back on to the entire Obagi NU DERM with 4% hydroquinone and I did experience the amazing OBAGI results that I anticipated.    When the Obagi Clear - which is step 3 in the OBAGI Nu Derm line ran out, I purchased the new Obagi Clear FX - which is minus the hyroquinone.

I was hopeful as I was told by a dermatologist I was seeing (I was going to do the OBAGI Blue Peel again) that the FX line worked just as well.  Sadly, I did not experience any relief from my melasma with the Obagi Clear FX.   As a matter of fact, as soon as I stopped using the OBAGI Nu Derm with Hydroquinone in favor of the Obagi Clear FX, my melasma became worse.

To be clear, (ha!  pun not intended but I'm leaving it there), melasma is difficult to treat and what works for one may not work for another.  Also, it is wise to take a break from products like hydroquinone as your body / skin build up an immunity to it over time.   A good rule is to do 6 weeks on, a few weeks off.  Then restart.

In my haste to contain my spreading spots, I went right from NU DERM Clear to NU DERM Clear FX without a break between.  That may have contributed to the lack of results, I do not know and my skin has not told me.

You can still find the OBAGI Nu Derm Clear on line at LovelySkin.com, but it is worth stating that there are solid reasons hydroquinone has been banned in many countries.  It ruins the rods and cones in your eyes and has been linked to cancer.   Many dermatologists stand by the Arbutin in the FX line and in the Melanage chemical peel.   OBAGI makes high quality products so if you are struggling with melasma or skin discoloration please do consider it.  Maybe start with the travel size and if you see results then buy the full size products.   If you do this, keep in mind that they Arbutin (The lightening chemical in the product) also may take longer to work than hydroquinone so don't panic if you don't see results after a few weeks.

I wish I could have rated this higher, but at this time I cannot.  Also, if you read my (also long winded) review on Obagi Blender, you may notice some similarities between this post and that - it's because the experience / outcome was the same and this is lengthy review so I will cut and paste parts to save my fingers.

Organic, Gluten Free, Sugar Free
This cream is really awesome. I use the whole Nu derm line and obviously they all work hand in hand with each other. Clear and the Blender have definitely helped the appearance of my skin and have helped lightening my melasma. This line is the best thing ever and I definitely recommend it.
Organic, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
Oak Park, MI
I used the original formula with hydroquinone and loved it. This one did not give me the same results. I would recommend using in conjunction with the Blend and using it consistently. Always remember to use SPF over it during the day.
Kosher
Saint Anthony, ID
This is a great product for brightening the skin! It goes so great with the whole nu derm line! If your looking to brighten up your skin this is your product! It’s on the more spendy side but it does a fantastic job!
Low Carb
Dinuba, Ca
I love pistachios. They are just great to snack on. They have the good fat that your body needs. This brand is great. They have just enough salt in them and there are hardly any unopened shells. Great buy and healthy.
No Special Diet
San Bernardino, CA
I buy pistachios a LOT. When I say a lot, I mean about once a month or so. And as far as I'm concerned Keenan is the best. I get very few "bad ones" in the entire container, whether it's this one or the plastic bags I also buy. The saltiness is perfect, the size is perfect, and Keenan really knows how to sell in bulk.
Mcallen, TX
I have used this a lot and the results are to be flawless I always buy it as soon as I start running out