BY O.B. #42 in Tampons

Buy on Amazon
Ellyn H.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I was not a fan of these at all. I could not get them to insert! I like the idea of these since there is no plastic applicator, but they are just very hard to insert. I have tried them multiple times and just can't get used to them. Another thing I didn't like about these is the fact that I have to use my finger way up there...especially during that time of the month, that's not exactly what I want to be doing. It's not very pleasant. I also feel that I can't get them pushed up far enough to be comfortable - it feels like the tampon is going to fall out. Anyway, great idea but I just can't get used to them.
Courtney M.
Opelousas, LA
Just started using tampon o.b seems like a brand to use received a free sample in the mail now I’m trying this product glad I was able to get it for free to try out and I love it will be buying more. Thanks
Kayla W.
Sarasota , FL
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Thank you OB for sending me a free sample pack..
I was immediately skeptical of these seeing as they had no applicator at all. I have been using playtex sports since I first started having periods and I was skeptical of trying anything else.
I finally decided to give these a try.
They were weird at first seeing as there is no applicator.. however the absorption of these is amazing!! There is no plastic waste, they are easy to use and they work wonders due to the twist and ability to absorb. I may end up switching to these completely. Also there is no worrying of accidentally pushing the tampon out of the applicator while sitting in your purse. Each tampon has a small plastic wrap and are smaller than most tampons making it easier to throw/hide in your purse/bag/pocket.
Allison W.
Mckinney, TX
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I've used OB tampons for at least 15 years. They are absolutely hands-down my favorite. Not only are they a superior product, but they're much more environmentally friendly then any other leading product on the market.

Yes, they do not come with an applicator, but I have not missed that in the slightest. Additionally, they are much easier to conceal and store because you don't have the clunky applicator with it. I won't use anything else, now!
Christina D.
Sunnyside, NY
I love that these are less wasteful, but had some trouble using them. They were a little tricky to open since the plastic is so tight on them. I couldn't get the bottom to "flare out" by pulling the string and thought the string would break. After insertion it wasn't very comfortable (I think I did it wrong) so I did not feel secure. I removed and used a traditional applicator tampon instead.
Sara C.
Bensalem, PA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I always thought these were great!  My sister used them and showed me when I was young so since I got my period I bought these many times! Great for school when you wanted to be discreet, can fit in any tiny pocket or bra for on the go -no purse hangs.  Great product !
Kandy B.
Seligman, AZ
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I absolutely love these tampons! I received a coupon for them from a company I'm joined with because I was generally interested to see how well they worked. First off, a little info about them. They are applicator free, which means no having to throw away or flush plastic or cardboard applicators. They do come in variety boxes so can get the right protection for any day of your cycle. And lastly, they are made by my favorite tampon company, OB. Now onto my opinion. The size of the box is perfect for either travel or home. Because of the no applicator it is only about 4 inches by 4 inches so it is compact. The quality in the box is 40! That's huge compared to other brands where the most you get is 36-40 and that's having to buy the bulk box. The tampons themselves are tightly wrapped in clear plastic with the strings tucked up so even they are compact and all you do is pull the plastic on the OB label and it'll come off easily. Then you just grab the string and make circle motions with it to open up the bottom half of the tampon so you can put you index finger there and insert the tampon. Very easy to do and very little trash to throw away. My only problem about these tampons is the act that I have to push them in with my finger. I know, I know, it's my body and everything but still. It's kinda gross especially during that lovely time of the month. But aside from that they are great and I love OB for not only making these, but selling them with such large count boxes at such a great price. I highly recommend these to any lady but I do also recommend using applicator tampons if it's your first one using them vs these applicator free ones. Only my preference though.
Ydelin B.
Hollywood, FL
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Me gusta su diseño discreto, que se adapta a mi privacidad y que su diseño fue creado por el medio ambiente, ya que no contiene un aplicador, sin embargo, no es necesario ya que es fácil de colocar y super absorbente
Nicole S.
Columbus, OH
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
My go to tampons, the only brand I use. Can be expensive but Kroger usually has them on sale. I always only have my period every three months (birth control) so they last me longer. Hold well, absorb great, recommend to everyone.
Jennifer Z.
Best tampon out there! Was a little skeptical at first and creeped out with the lack of applicator. But this tampon is the only one I have found that does not leak! It's comfortable to wear and easy to use.
Hkawn San M.
San Gabriel , Ca
How many hour could we live a tampon in and why
Susy N.
Elizabeth, NJ
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
How do people use these ?! I always wondered if it didn't come with the plastic tube thing?
amanda m.
Coatesville, PA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
Im kinda effey on these.. do they hold up good?
Kirby F.
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
IT WONT LET ME POST MY REVIEW! I love how they fit 40 in this little box but the whole trick is, is that there is no applicator or packaging for these tampons. That little white tampon that you see on the box is what you get. A lot of the feedback that I have gotten back is that it is super weird if you are used to a regular tampon and you have to literally use your fingers for the dirty work. Plus, I've been hearing that it is a lot more painful than regular tampons, but that might just be because these are super sized. Probably not the best product for someone who is squeamish or cant handle pain.