BY O-CEL-O #12 in Sponges & Scouring Pads

• How long do these usually last i do dishes often an cant seem to ge...1 Answers
Buy on Target*
Hailey P.
Hailey P.
Thibodaux, LA
I had never used this brand before recently when I found these at an amazingly cheap discount at my local dollar general. I bought four packs of them because of the price and I was pleasantly surprised at their quality. Each sponge has a different design but the entire package will follow a color scheme. The designs are cute and trendy rather than a boring old green or yellow sponge. The scrubbing side does a pretty decent job of getting off old food that stuck to the plate. (Courtesy of my boyfriend who doesn't know how to rinse his plate after using it). The sponge lasted me well over a month of daily use before I replaced it with a fresh one. It didn't fall apart after a few washes like some other brands do. The only real dislike that I have is that I wish the scrubbing side would be a little bit thicker.
Katherine L.
Katherine L.
Actually just bought these yesterday and I freaking love them! I thought they would be those sponges that get dirty really quickly and don't really fit in your hand the way you want them to but I was so wrong! I actually like the way it perfectly fits in the palm of my hand and the way it carries the soap. Boy does it carry it a long way! With a couple squirts of soap I'm able to do a whole sinkful! I would like to see them come out with some animal patterns instead of just the geometric shapes and colors... that would make a really cute and I foresee that almost everyone will want to get one to make sure that they get the animals that they love. It's just another thing that can put a smile on her face as we tackle the disgusting task before us.
Erin K.
Erin K.
Port Orange, FL
I typically buy the O-Cel-O light duty scrub sponge. I prefer a sponge to have both the regular sponge and the scrubber side. These sponges work great and they last a long time, especially for what I put them through. I use bleach on them, microwave them. I don't like germs. They scrub baked on things off well. They dry quickly and lather perfectly. I love the cool colors and designs too. They are bright and cheery. The cost is comparable to other sponges and is a good value for the quality. I do have to say that the scrub side peels off with the more things I use bleach on but this has never stopped me from buying them. So far they are my favorite.
Cassie W.
Cassie W.
Anderson, IN
These are my favorite sponges and the only sponges I use to wash my dishes. They're always pretty so that's a bonus, but my favorite things about these sponges are the size (not too small, not too big), the shape (an hour glass that fits nicely in the hand), the softness, and the scrubby side has just the right amount of scrub without being too rough. These sponges will clean very well without scratching up your pretty plates and tea cups I promise!

My only complaint is that they are not comparably cheap and they seem to never go on sale. I buy them anyway.
Abigail A.
Abigail A.
Novato, CA
I just bought another pack of these the other day. I'm a fan of this product. I like that there's a scrubby side to help scrub off the tougher particles left on dishes, but also a softer spongy side that doesn't leave scratches on the dishes. It holds soap well so I'm not having to constantly pump more soap onto it. I would definitely recommend this product to family and friends, especially since the prices is reasonable as well!
debbie c.
debbie c.
These are my go-to sponges for cleaning the dishes and my acrylic bathtub. The new sponge is used for dishes; I put it in the dishwasher each week and then after a month or two it gets relegated for housecleaning. It is excellent at removing residues without scratching and doesn't develop any odor as long as I leave one edge propped up so that air circulates both under and on top of the sponge.
Sherrell M.
Sherrell M.
Weatherford, TX
I love these sponges. The first thing I love is the fun designs they offer. I hate having a boring sponge. Also I like how big and hardy these sponges are. Many of the geniric sponges are thin and do not hold up well. This sponge is thick and hardy and can hold up to me washing many loads of dishes. I would say I can make one sponge last 30 days and that is washing dishes multiple times a day.
Ciara S.
Ciara S.
Temecula, CA
I love these sponges because of the cute designs and colors they come in! As far as performance goes they are just like any other sponge that isn't antibacterial because they start to smell and get funky after about 2 weeks so I go through them pretty fast. Still, they are pretty affordable at Target and they look nicer on the counter next to my sink than a standard green and yellow one does.
Sabrina U.
Sabrina U.
Hilo, HI
Never used these for washing dishes until I moved into my current house and all my roommates loved using these. They work pretty well at removing food from dishes and work well to clean the sink as well. The only downside is that these seem to need to be replaced pretty often and I find that as a household, my roommates and I go through these really fast so we're always needing to buy more.
Alex P.
Alex P.
I love these sponges because not only are they usually sold at a great price, they come in cute colors and designs. While the designs don't necessarily help the cleaning aspect of the sponges, I feel it adds some character. Plus, they actually do work well on hard spots when doing the dishes! Not only that, they tend to last a good while before needing to be replaced.
Wendi T.