BY NYX

Take our word for it: if you want your lashes to look darker, fuller and lethally gorgeous all day long, then our new Worth the Hype Volumizing & Lengthening Mascara is your jam. A breeze to apply and comfortable to wear, this buildable formula actually does what it promises, making it “worth the hype” in every which way. It also features a brush that tapers at the tip, so you can brush, build, and lengthen even the littlest baby lashes at the inner corners of your eyes.

Water/Aqua/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Copernicia Cerifera Cera/Cire de Carnauba, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Styrene/ Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Synthetic Beeswax, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, Cetyl Alcohol, Steareth-20, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Steareth-2, Tribehenin, Acacia Senegal Gum, Glyceryl Behenate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Caprylyl Glycol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Trisodium EDTA, Soluble Collagen, Butylene Glycol, BHT, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77499). <13044>

• Is this mascara at all curling?5 Answers
  • Does anyone know when this hits actual stores? 13 Answers
  • what do u think about NYX Worth the Hype Volumizing & Len...21 Answers
Reviews (1900)
  • "Worth the hype ......literally I have small lashes and I must say this mascara makes my lashes look amazing I’ve never been a fan of falses so this does the job just right love it plus nyx cosmetics is a great affordable makeup brand highly recommend it if your looking for a good and affordable mascara for that extra volume [product:nyx-worth-the-hype-volumizing-lengthening-mascara]" in 13 reviews
  • "This is a gem! Totally out performs a lot of high end mascara, at a quarter of the price. Lots of volume, wand separates lashes beautifully, no clumps. Totally in love with this product! Switching from my high end to this immediately!" in 3 reviews
  • "Worthy of the title. At first, the title kind of seemed like it was trying too hard to get attention. After trying this product though, I’ll state for the record that this mascara can have any name it wants! It doesn’t clump, it builds gradually, its lightweight it doesn’t feel heavy, fans out my lashes (just look at those suckers !!!) I️t looks like I️m wearing false lashes and I️ LOVE THAT! my lashes are thin short and stick straight out. It’s extremely difficult to find a mascara that does it all. I️ used to purchase Lancôme mascara for $28 and break the bank until this miracle in a tube was released. NYX, you’ve done it again. YES!!" in 3 reviews
Denisse P.
Charlestown, MA
Review for: Black more...
What The Heck?! I have been trying out NYX's new mascara NYX Worth the Hype Volumizing & Lengthening Mascara for a few weeks and let's just say....it's love! First, let me introduce myself: I am a busy mom with a very full time career. My idea of makeup & putting on a face is mascara and lip product. Needless to say, I have tried (and own) too many tubes of mascara. From this mascara's wand to that mascara's formula to this mascara's packaging (yes, I am that fickle)....I have tried them all. So when claims of this mascara surfaced "a breeze to apply and comfortable to wear, this buildable formula actually does what it promises, making it 'worth the hype' in every which way. It also features a brush that tapers at the tip so you can brush, build, and lengthen even the littlest baby lashes at the inner corners of your eyes." Well, HELLO! Yes, please! It was no easy task (kidding) but someone had to put these claims to the test. So, is it Worth The Hype you ask? AbsoFRIKKINGlutely! The brush made it easy to coat every lash, even the teeny weeny ones on the inside corner. Like the description says, you can build this product up. TIP: I wouldn't apply more than 3 coats as a heavy hand can result in spidery lashes. Unless that's what you're going for, then by all means spider away! I will say, practice caution when applying as the formula is very wet. Don't take my word for it beauty, with it's affordable price....you can try it for yourself. You're welcome!
Lesley S.
Nashville, TN
Review for: Black more...
I am an AVID reviewer of mascaras that are for those of us who were not blessed with eyelashes. I have short, thin eyelashes that require extra volume and additional length that I had not been able to find in just one mascara. I received this as a gift from Influenster in exchange for an honest review and now I am SOLD! This will be my new mascara moving forward and it's totally worth every penny. I recommend using a primer with it for the ultimate experience and effect, I use L'oreal's primer since I can get it on Amazon. This WTH Mascara gives my lashes everything I don't have and provides it all without flaking off or getting in my eyes all day. I was able to wear it for 4 fourteen-hour shifts outside back to back and didn't have to reapply it once during the day. I thought I had found a few that worked, but I was still having to use two different brands. This is an absolute must for you if you have short lashes and don't want to look like a clumpy spider-eyed woman! NYX Worth the Hype Volumizing & Lengthening Mascara
Rachel D.
Crestline, OH
Review for: Black more...
I received this in my Influenster box and I have been wearing this to work everyday since I got it. .

The formula is just right for me. Not too wet, but not too dry. I love the wand, but you need to be a little careful with it. .

What this mascara does amazingly for me is hold the curl. When I get home at the end of the day my lashes are usually straight, not with this mascara there is still some curl. .

I don't think this mascara is good for a dramatic look, because I would want more volume. But for a more soft defined lash with some curl, this mascara is very nice. .

And the 2 best parts?? No flakes or smudging all over my face and it's only $8 on nyxcosmetics.com. .

I received this product for free from influenster, but I will repurchase with my own money because I actually love it! .
Katrina T.
Chester, VA
Review for: Black more...
I'm strictly a waterproof mascara girl, so when I received this product I wasn't happy but I always test out the mascara Influenster sends to me multiple times before sitting down to share my thoughts.

I was wrong! I can rock this mascara despite it NOT being waterproof. My eyes tend to water and I also rub them occasionally so waterproof mascara has always been my go to or else I end up with raccoon eyes within an hour or 2 of application.  I was able to wear this mascara multiple times through the WHOLE DAY without turning into a raccoon!

Now my other concern and the deciding factor for my mascara choice is the formula weight. Being Asian I have extremely straight eyelashes that tend to point straight down or out, so I have to heat my curler with my hair dryer if I plan on using mascara that day or else they end up poking into my eye due to the added weight.

Sadly, the formula of this mascara is too heavy for super straight heavy lashes even if I curl them. As soon as I applied this to my freshly curled lashes...... they fell and ended up straight completely cancelling out my effort of curling them. I tested this mascara for about 2-3 weeks so I tried multiple applications from light, heavy, and even tried using it only on some of my lashes instead of all, but in all cases my lashes uncurled and went back to super straight.

Rating 4/5 because I know not everyone has my eyelash problem and I believe Nyx makes amazing affordable drugstore products. I'd definitely recommend this to those looking for a lengthening mascara - I didn't find it added more volume personally.

*I received this
product in my Chic Voxbox in exchange for my honest review
Brianna P.
Corry, PA
Review for: Black more...
I had got this in my #ChicBox this mascara is absolutely the best!
And to know it’s by NYX! Is even better.
My eyelashes are pretty long as it is. But to finally find a mascara that makes them look dramatic and long and full is incredible! I will definitely be buying it once I run out of my sample from Influenster! Great choice on sending me this I couldn’t be happier with receiving it!!! It definitely curls your lashes all by it’s self without even using a eyelash curler. It makes my lashes look so long, almost fake! My eyes though are naturally big and huge though, everyone loves them. It comes with a decently large brush with helps with my huge eyes and the mascara makes them look even bigger! 10/10 recommend! Nyx Worth The Hype Volumizing Lengthening Mascara
Paige A.
Sherman oaks, CA
Review for: Black more...
I received this as a complimentary sample from Influenster in exchange for my honest review. I have never tried a mascara from NYX before and was really excited to try this out! I love black pigment and a bolder, more dramatic lash look on myself. I have sparse, thin lashes, so I'm forever searching for a mascara that can give me pigment, volume/lift, and curl.
For the most part, I have to say I am impressed with this mascara. Aside from the fact that the price is incredible (in true NYX fashion) the product is really good quality. It's a smoother formula that doesn't feel so clumpy, so my initial coats weren't troublesome. I gave this about two passes on each eye and the clumping was mild and my lashes didn't stick together nearly as much as some of the other brands I use. Also, I like that it isn't heavy or really wet. The pigment is just perfect and my lashes are still pretty soft to the touch - not super crispy - and they have a really nice frame. The volume and curl on me was pretty mild, but I still really enjoy the natural look overall.
In my opinion, this is an excellent mascara for bold, every day lashes. The curl and volume was not as dramatic for me, so I think i'd have to layer with falsies if i really wanted to edge this up. It worked great on my bottom lashes as well and gave me a natural open-eyed look. I used it without any other eye products and it still gives that extra drama when you need something quick out the door. Great product with great value overall!
Ani D.
Rockledge, FL
Review for: Black more...
This is a really thin formula for a volumizing mascara. I love the lengthening effects- it really grabs on to my inner lashes and extends them But, I twisted that wand in and out like a dozen times; resorted to pumping it like I had just picked up my first tube of mascara ever; even shook it (I don't know why- it could have helped?). But nothing. Just a nice thin coat on the brush. It applies nicely, didn't get any in my eye- always something to note with these new fancy brushes that just love to jab me in the eye leaving that tell-tale black mark of shame. But it would have taken at least 4-5 layers to build up any volume at all, and that would just be a weird gloppy mess hanging over my eyes. I actually like the product, I'm glad Influenster sent it to me to review, it's good for those "no makeup-makeup" days. I'd rate it higher if it was only billed as a lengthening formula since it does that really well, but as a volumizing formula- it's not worth the hype.
Karen T.
Woodside, NY
Review for: Black more...
I received this mascara in an influenster voxbox and was not expecting much. I've been using the same mascara for over 10 years because nothing else has suited my picky needs. But holy wow, The NYX Worth the Hype Volumizing & Lengthening Mascara was certainly worth the hype. It applies easily without me having to wiggle the wand too much and keep my eye completely wide to force the makeup onto my lashes. It did feel wet (wetter than normal) upon application, which can be tricky when the mascara is the last thing I put on on a full face of makeup (and the last thing you want is mascara marks on your perfectly shadowed eye), but nothing budged! I could see a clear and noticeable difference from my mascara'd eye to my non-mascara'd eye, both in length and volume. For ~$8, I'd gladly buy this product and add it to my daily beauty routine.
Rae Q.
Norcross, GA
I really, really hated this product. It clumped up all over my eyes and made a total mess. It didn't do anything to make my eyelashes look longer or fuller. It just looked like black gunk everywhere. It was also a very wet mascara, so it took a long time to dry down. I felt like it took a lot of product to get my lashes to look as good as one swipe of another mascara makes them look, but then if I were to actually do that it would take forever for the product to dry down so that it didn't clump together like spider lashes or get all over my brow bone/lower lash line. I used this product a long time ago, I was recording an unboxing of my voxbox and used it in real time, and I remember it being a disaster, but don't remember anything else other than needing to jump up and taking 4 makeup removers to scrub it all off my face. So disappointing.
Dinielle N.
Sacramento, CA
Review for: Black more...
Worth the Hype? Eh. The wand is nice and applied the mascara well with minimal clumping. I was also able to use it on the lower lash. Formula seems good in the sense that it doesn't smudge and it dries down and lasts all day. I think this mascara did a decent job of volume and length however it
did not help my lashes hold a curl. That seems to be one of the lacking
traits I find in mascaras and what really puts me over the edge to loving a certain formula. This one was just okay but for the price and affordability its pretty good but alone it doesn't really do much for me. You can't see the length or volume much when my lashes aren't curled.  I would recommend pairing it with a lash primer that will help your lashes hold a curl (if you have that issue) and then layer this one on top for a more glam look.
Gema Á.
what do u think about NYX Worth the Hype Volumizing & Lengthening Mascara in the blue shade?
Melissa S.
Does anyone know when this hits actual stores?
Josie C.
Delhi, ON
Opinions!! How is the NYX worth the hype mascara?! Heard so many mixed reviews. Does it flake?! NYX Worth the Hype Volumizing & Lengthening Mascara
Sara S.
Sterling Hts, MI
Is this mascara at all curling?
Yesenia A.