BY NYX #28 in Liquid Foundation

From sheer to full, your ideal coverage is just drops away with our new Total Control Drop Foundation! Fine-tune this velvety, matte foundation with the included dropper. Simply adjust the number of drops until you create the look you’re feelin’ today. Want more coverage? Add more drops! Buff expertly using the Total Control Drop Foundation Brush for a seriously smooth finish.

• How the coverage? Is it cakey?4 Answers
  • Anyone else use the NYX drop foundation? I love it but it's almos...1 Answers
  • It his a good fondation? I think is little bit pricey for a drugs...4 Answers
Garnet W.
Review for: Beige, Golden, Golden Honey (online only)
I might have liked this foundation were I actually able to get the correct shade. Despite this line having a pretty wide shade range, Less then 5 of the shades are available in Ulta stores to swatch. And the shades that are there cater only to white or very light skin tones. There's nothing for medium-dark folks to test out. It's super hard to tell which color is the right match judging just from online swatches. It's super irritating. I ended up buy the shade Golden from Ulta's website hoping it would be a match but it was waaaaaaaay off! MUCH too light for me and it skews a lot more yellow than the pictures led me to believe it would be. From what I can tell most of the medium tones offered in this range skew more towards warm yellow shades and I don't know if there is any shade that will actually work for my medium neutral toned complexion.
Rachel L.
Review for: Porcelain
I don't hate this foundation, but I wouldn't say it's my favorite either. It's probably the only matte foundation that I've been able to use without it making me look 20 years older than I am, which is a plus. It has light to medium coverage that you can build without it pilling; although, I don't feel like it covered the small melasma spot on my cheek. Up close you could really see this foundation on my skin, so it didn't really give that no-makeup makeup look that I usually try to go for.. This could be because of my skin type and my skincare routine, which involves heavy moisturization. Maybe the foundation just didn't "jive" with my skin.. I plan on using this up, but once finished, I will continue my hunt for a better foundation.
Valerie M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I'm pretty impressed with this foundation so far. I wasn't expecting too much, even though I love NYX, I've been let down by so many drug store foundations that I had little hope left. I had a coupon for NYX at Ulta and decided to try it out and I'm glad I did! You only need 3ish drops (cheeks and forehead) for a nice medium coverage, and it's one of the few products that is buildable without feeling cakey. I was most impressed with the finish.... It feels like velvet on my skin!! They have so many shades, that I'm finally not the palest one - I actually had to go up 5ish shades for Vanilla!!
Ilene A.
Rialto
Review for: Light
I absolutely love this stuff. I just recently tried for the first time. And by far this is the best yet with a great price to go with it. I purchased this at Ulta so you know I had tons of products to choose from. I originally was going to repurchase another "Its product", that was the plan. But like most ladies that visit ulta/ sephora etc we cant just walk in and walk out, with what we planned for. Ulta is a pretty girls candy land!! Lol. Anyhow , ive watched so many videos with these new products with the dropper, so thats what caught my eye. And of course than I needed to fine the color that matched me. And that can be really hard for us girls. Or maybe thats just me? And I found a nearly exact match. Yah!! And of course I needed to purchase a new brush to use my new product. But I will leave a review about that as well. Real quik tip though I did purchase a nyx brush that I really love , but my all time favorites for ALL your foundation application &/or blending, are the toothbrush blender brushes. I use Anastasia bh , but ive also tried off brand ones and they all work GREAT for foundation application. And it worked perfect with this nyx total control foundation , it gives me a "FLAWLESS LOOK", Everytime. Very easy to apply, a little goes along way. Its long- lasting, and it has a great price to go with it. I highly recommend this product to all ladies & gentlemen .. I love love,, LOVE IT!!
Malisha A.
Vancouver, WA
Review for: Light Ivory
Love how lightweight this foundation feels it makes for super comfortable wear i appreciate that they were going for something with build able coverage but because the consistency is so watery and thin it does take a lot of product to build up enough coverage for someone with acne and problem areas and the bottle seems a lot smaller then most other foundations for the price. I feel like for someone that is needing little coverage this is perfect for someone needing full coverage like myself i definitely don't use this on its own but do enjoy mixing with other foundations because the finish is beautiful somewhere between matte and dewy very natural and skin like
Shelby D.
Denham Spgs, LA
Review for: Light Ivory
I love how lightweight the foundation is. I am always very nervous about buildable foundations because of the cakey look. This one is perfectly buildable depending on the amount of coverage you are looking for. I am disappointed in the size of the bottle i thought it would be a tad bigger. I have not tried the angled brush that you can purchase with the foundation since i already have a full coverage brush. After about 8 hours my oil on my face did start to show through, i have combo skin. It did not oxidize which is probably my favorite part about the foundation and even though oil started to show through I went powder and it immediately refreshed it!!
I rate it a 4 out of 5 because i do wish it would have lasted more than 8 hours of perfection but you also get what you pay for.
Payton C.
Bryant, IA
Review for: Vanilla
this foundation is a really good product. I bought this at Ulta. It is very very full coverage. I didn’t think it would be full coverage considering how light it is but I was very shocked. The applicator is a little hard to use with this liquid foundation because it gets all over the place but other than that is really well. You have to make sure to shake it up really well before you say to make sure everything is mixed up. This foundation is very very watery so you have to be careful that you don’t get it all over. Other than that this product is a very full coverage and it is very long-lasting.
Ryan S.
Review for: Natural
This is certainly far from the worst foundation I have ever used but it is also far from the best. Coverage wise this product does what it says it will do. It really allows you to get whatever kind of coverage you desire. Now, I prefer a really strong medium coverage to a lighter full coverage. This is where my main gripe comes in with this product. I need to use soooo much product to achieve that amount of coverage. And on top of that this foundation comes with such a ridiculously low amount of product for how much you pay (by Nyx standards). That alone just makes the foundation not worth it for me. It does have a nice velvety matte finish and isn't too drying for my dry skin. However, I did not find this wore super well throughout the day. Again wasn't the worst but wasn't the best either. If you're interested in it I'd say I don't think it was so bad to not warrant giving it a shot but if a good medium or higher level of coverage is what you're after, I think there are much better foundations out there that end up being better deals.
Meghan C.
Arlington Hts, IL
Review for: Vanilla
This product is phenomenal for dry skin. It can be used for light to full coverage. The more drops you add, the fuller the coverage. The color matched my skin perfectly. Would not recommend this product to anyone with oily skin because it has an oily base. The overall look leaves a flawless finish.
Marissa F.
Review for: Pale
Okay so this is probably one of my least favorite foundations, on it's own. First let me start by saying it costs about $14 or so and you only get 0.43 oz. It is so small. The color is perfect for me but I hate the finish. It is really sheer and has a powdery finish that makes your skin looks dry and it clings to any dry areas you have. Layering it to make it a full coverage just makes it look worse and cakey. The only reason I am giving it three stars is because I mix a drop or two of this foundation into other foundations that are just slightly too dark and it makes them light enough without compromising the consistency. I wouldn't buy this again though. There are other brands that have foundation mixing shades for the same price or less and they have a lot more product. The best thing about this for me is the shade is spot on. I'm bummed about the formula though.
Cassie A.
Victorville , CA
I have really dry skin right now thank to winter? Do you recommend this foundation? I want to try it but I don't want to waste my money if it's not meant for my skin type
Alandria D.
What is your color?
Katelyn V.
What is the coverage on this?
Kimberly M.
Lyles, TN
I really want to find a good foundation. Most I've used looks caked on or makes my face look likes it peeling. My face is not even dry, but it looks like it is when I apply foundation. Could be the oils in the makeup mixing with the oils on my face. Does anyone recommend this brand? I so wish I could try before I buy!
Jessie P.
Moncton
It his a good fondation? I think is little bit pricey for a drugstore makeup. Do you recommed me try it?