BeautyFaceFace MakeupNYX
The Marshmellow Smoothing Primer

NYX The Marshmellow Smoothing Primer

It's the marshmellow effect! This 10-in-1 smoothing superprimer is infused with smoothing marshmallow root extract, for 10 outstanding makeup extending benefits.

With a soft whipped texture, this primer dries down totally transparent, to work on all skin tones.

10 makeup-extending benefits

This primer smoothes, softens, extends makeup wear for 16h, hydrates, soothes, evens tone, minimizes texture, blurs lines, adds a soft focus finish AND keeps makeup fresh.

100% vegan formula - and no silicones. It's the marshmellow effect! 100% agree that the primer creates a smooth canvas for easy makeup application 99% agree their skin looks softer after 4 days 98% agree their skin looks smoother after 4 days 99% overall satisfaction! Pro Tip: Use the Marsh-mellow Blending Sponge to apply product and blend for the smoothest, softest complexion.

How To Apply

Apply a dime-sized amount to clean face with fingers or brush before applying foundation.

Pro tip: Use the Marshmellow Blender sponge to apply primer and blend into skin for the ultimate smooth canvas for makeup application.

Ingredients

2049503 1 INGREDIENTS / INGREDIENTS: AQUA / WATER / EAU, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER, DECYL COCOATE, POLYGLYCERYL-3 METHYLGLUCOSE DISTEARATE, CAPRYLYL METHICONE, DICAPRYLYL CARBONATE, DI-C12-13 ALKYL MALATE, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, ALTHAEA OFFICINALIS ROOT EXTRACT, CHLORELLA VULGARIS EXTRACT, STEARIC ACID, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, CARBOMER, GLUCOSE, FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES, FRUCTOSE, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, SODIUM POLYACRYLATE, SODIUM POLYACRYLATE STARCH, PALMITIC ACID, TROMETHAMINE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, CITRIC ACID, TRISODIUM ETHYLENEDIAMINE DISUCCINATE, XANTHAN GUM, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, POLYGLYCERYL-2 DIISOSTEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, TOCOPHEROL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE.

2049503 1 INGREDIENTS / INGREDIENTS: AQUA / WATER / EAU, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER, DECYL COCOATE, POLYGLYCERYL-3 METHYLGLUCOSE DISTEARATE, CAPRYLYL METHICONE, DICAPRYLYL CARBONATE, DI-C12-13 ALKYL MALATE, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, ALTHAEA OFFICINALIS ROOT EXTRACT, CHLORELLA VULGARIS EXTRACT, STEARIC ACID, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, CARBOMER, GLUCOSE, FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES, FRUCTOSE, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, SODIUM POLYACRYLATE, SODIUM POLYACRYLATE STARCH, PALMITIC ACID, TROMETHAMINE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, CITRIC ACID, TRISODIUM ETHYLENEDIAMINE DISUCCINATE, XANTHAN GUM, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, POLYGLYCERYL-2 DIISOSTEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, TOCOPHEROL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE.

Do you guys like this??
Is this a good primer? Pros/cons? Did it work for you?
How does this primer compare to the NYX Angel Veil?
Start your review of NYX The Marshmellow Smoothing Primer!
Devon G.
Edina, MN
NYX The Marshmellow Smoothing Primer uploaded by Devon G.
I initially got the NYX Marshmallow Smoothing Primer because it was suggested that this could be worn alone, without makeup. It certainly helped that it was pink and had marshmallow in the name! Unfortunately, I do not see a difference when I wear this alone versus wearing nothing at all. I do like the smell and that a little goes a long way. It is slightly sticky though. I feel the price is also fair but I do not know if I will repurchase this.
Brittany Q.
Marlton, NJ
NYX The Marshmellow Smoothing Primer uploaded by Brittany Q.
NYX The Marshmellow Smoothing Primer uploaded by Brittany Q.
Having dry skin, it's not often that I can find a primer that can make my skin have more of satin matte look with a hydrating feel, but that's what I feel like this primer does! It's a white cream consistency and feels just like a moisturizer applied to my face, which is definitely a plus for me. I hate a primer with a silicone feel. My skin works better with water based products. I will say the scent is very sweet, but I don't know that I would say it smells like marshmallow, it's more cotton candy to me. Scents don't bother me often and this one doesn't but I thought it was worth mentioning because the scent is strong. I had zero issues applying my SeneGence foundation, and I felt like my skin looked amazing. I didn't have a super greasy look, which I feel like most products for dry skin give, but my skin felt super hydrated and plump. It worked well with all of my other face products, and it really helped my makeup stay in place! I will definitely keep using this for sure. I will say for a drugstore primer, it is a little pricey but it's a good size and definitely performs well, and you can't beat that!
Melissa B.
Howell, NJ
1,058 reviews
NYX The Marshmellow Smoothing Primer uploaded by Melissa B.
Purchased at: ULTA
I bought this primer during Ulta’s 21 days of beauty sale because they were doing a BOGO on NYX products and I’ve heard great things about it. I’m so glad I tried it because I LOVE it!! The consistency is light and fluffy (like marshmallow cream 😉). I use two pumps for my entire face, so you don’t need much. It makes my face feel SO smooth and really helps my makeup stay put for longer than other primers. It’s hydrating, but doesn’t make my skin look oily or greasy. It has a light blurring effect. I wouldn’t say it completely fills pores, but it definitely helps pores and fine lines look less noticeable!! This one is definitely a keeper. This primer retails at $17 and I’ll 1000% be repurchasing this one!!
Heather S.
New Eagle, PA
NYX The Marshmellow Smoothing Primer uploaded by Heather S.
Purchased at: ULTA
Love how it feels on the skin I think they did absolutely perfect with this one ! I wouldn’t change a thing it’s perfect , it also helps hide my pores a lot and makeup last all day on my skin
Sara S.
Milton, DE
NYX The Marshmellow Smoothing Primer uploaded by Sara S.
Purchased at: ULTA
I have a ton of primers but I wanted this to try out, I think it’s awesome for winter, very hydrating and moisturizing primer and it also smooths everything out, I would not wear this in the summer as it is a little to hydrating and I don’t think it would work in humid conditions. Smells amazing and very affordable!
Brianna L.
Scalf, KY
NYX The Marshmellow Smoothing Primer uploaded by Brianna L.
I really liked this primer, I ended up using up the whole thing, it minimized my pores and made my redness less noticeable. My foundation went over it really well, and I feel as if it made my foundation last a little longer than normal!
Apollonia M.
Moreno Valley, CA
NYX The Marshmellow Smoothing Primer uploaded by Apollonia M.
Purchased at: ULTA
Such a great smelling primer! It really fills in my pores to give me that smooth airbrushed look before putting on makeup.
Lizeth V.
Mcallen, TX
NYX The Marshmellow Smoothing Primer uploaded by Lizeth V.
the primer smell delicius, very creamy perfect for dry skins, very light and blends pretty well my skin look very healthy , i can recommend to you and its very affordable
Olive U.
Phoenix, AZ
NYX The Marshmellow Smoothing Primer uploaded by Olive U.
Purchased at: Amazon
While I’m not sure about keeping makeup on for 16 hours , it does make my face soft and clear up some of my redness . Also I noticed that you can use light or less foundation when using this product . Finishing powder’s can be a little finicky when you use this primer , but thats okay as it’s a solid cream primer. I have oily and acne prone skin and this product works well 💕
Tessie R.
Kingston, TN
NYX The Marshmellow Smoothing Primer uploaded by Tessie R.
The NYX Professional Makeup Marsh Mellow Smoothing Super Primer was super soft, literally reminding me of a marshmallow— and who doesn’t love marshmallows 😋. I enjoyed this primer because it was super easy to apply and didn’t need a lot of product to cover my entire face. Prior to applying my make-up, I notified that the primer is totally transparent, so it worked really good with my picky skin tone! I really loved this primer because it was super soft and hydrating. I also noticed that it helped to minimize the few fine lines that I have on my face, and it also smoothed the texture of my skin prior to applying my make-up. After I got my make-up on my face, I really loved how the primer made my make-up look so flawless. After a few days of use, I also felt like skin was even more softer than prior to using this primer. My face always feels so clean with my make-up and when I have nothing on my skin because this primer is a total vegan formula, with no kind of animal-derived ingredients, cruelty-free and PETA certified!! Overall, I would 100% recommend NYX’s Marshmallow Smoothing Super Primer to a friend!! #free #complimentary #influenster

100 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
lauren W.
il y a 7 mois
Nancy J. il y a 6 mois
exceptionally smooth primer that goes on easily with just a small amount needed You dont need a lot It is a base for your foundation and helps your makeup last longer
LaToya D.
Portsmouth, VA
il y a 8 mois
What's your favorite face primer? I've tried NYX The Marshmellow Smoothing Primer and I hate it. My face turns oily and shiny. What do y'all like using cus I need help. I have combination skin. Please tag specific products or write it if it's not in database.
Tori P.
Henderson, NV
il y a 8 mois
Have you tried the new marshmallow primer? NYX The Marshmellow Smoothing Primer this gives you flawless makeup application! Worth the money!
Rebecca R. il y a 3 mois
I tried a sample and immediately ordered the full size. I love the way it works and it smells so good!
Ciara M.
Sparta, TN
il y a 9 mois
what are your thoughts on NYX The Marshmellow Smoothing Primer ? I think it smells so good I could eat it 🤤
LaToya D. il y a 9 mois
It smells and feels good but I just think it's ok. I'd have to keep trying it to like it more. I usually don't wear foundation so it's rare that I use this.
Flora A.
Broadmeadows, VIC
il y a un an
Jessica T. il y a un an
Love the smell but this product really smoothes out my face such as open pores and any scars. It's awesome!! I highly recommend this to anyone! I use it about everyday!!