BY NYX #28 in Face Primer

Prep your complexion using our Studio Perfect Primer. Available in three shades, this silky formula creates a smooth surface for makeup application. Apply Clear anytime you need to prime and Lavender or Green to color correct.

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Silica, Phenoxyethanol

May Contain:

Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

• Do u really need a primer ?4 Answers
  • Does this work as well as smash box? 1 Answers
  • Is this better than any other drugstore primers does it compare t...2 Answers
NYX Studio Perfect Primer
  • "I have oily skin & the first time I wore this primer under my foundation, my face was EXTRA oily after 3 1/2 hours." in 1 review
  • "I'm in love and I definitely recommend this product." in 1 review
  • "Works as well as higher end brands like smashbox but for much less." in 1 review
  • "it makes my face look super smooth and picture perfect !" in 1 review
Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.
Review for: Clear
I recently purchased this primer and I'm impressed with it so far! NYX makes a variety of primers and I was debating between this one and their Hydra Touch primer, but I ultimately decided on this one since it has more positive reviews. I've never used a primer before but I've been working long days and my job doesn't really give me an opportunity to touch up my makeup during the day, so I wanted to try a primer to see if it would keep my makeup from fading after a few hours. So far, so good! My foundation and concealer go on smoothr, and last through a whole workday. I have dry skin but this primer actually makes my skin look almost dewy. I wish the primer came in a bigger tube, but it's relatively inexpensive compared to other brands. I will definitely repurchase this again.
Ashley C.
Ashley C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I wanted to love this primer, but first time I used it, it oozed out of the tube all soupy. I shook it up to mix up the formula a bit, and same thing, soupy. I figured what's the harm in seeing what it looks like anyway, but it was pretty useless. It is so excessively watery that I can't even try to use it. I won't write it off completely, because I may have just gotten a bad tube. I understand separation is natural, I've experienced it with other products, but it was minimal. And I've used primers before, and I've never encountered this type of consistency problem. I can only assume I bought an old or expired product.
Anna M.
Anna M.
Harbor City, CA
Review for: Clear
So if you keep up to date with makeup, Smashbox has a very popular silicone based primer sold at Sephora. Being a college student that can't consistently afford more high end products like Smashbox, I gave this one a try. And I must say, the quality of this product is just as good. I purchased this primer at target for roughly $10. But let me tell you.... this product keeps me matte all day long and makes it so much easier to blend my makeup. I use a sheer coverage foundation that tends to get a bit oily & shiny. But this product keeps my makeup on point all day. Absolutely worth every penny.
Hailey P.
Hailey P.
Review for: Green
I bought this product from ulta about a month ago. I have occasional breakouts and I have a lot of redness throughout my face. I've used green concealer and the stila color correcting primer and none have done the job for me. I've been wearing this every day with different foundations since I bought it and I haven't noticed much of a different with or without it. It is very silky and has a nice, smooth and lightweight texture. However, for the color correcting I haven't noticed any reduced redness in my face wearing this product
Jennifer D.
Jennifer D.
North Wales, PA
Review for: Green
This has worked pretty dang well for my oily skin! It's even held up through some sweaty, summer workouts which is always impressive, too. It does an alright job at covering up the redness in my face, I'm not completely impressed with that aspect of the product unfortunately. But other than that, it does make for a really great primer! My concealer/foundation goes on much smoothr when I'm wearing this primer vs. when I don't wear it. I also still look pretty dang BOMB at the end of the day when I use it, too!
Megan M.
Megan M.
Resaca, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am kind of torn with this primer. I really like it, but within the first half of the day my face gets oily. I don't know if I am using too much or not, but I only use a pea sized amount. I mean it works great in general though. I would definitely recommend. It smooths your skin out and you can barely tell one imperfection. Price is pretty goos also for the product! I know they have it at ulta because that is where I bought mine. It was only a few dollars for to get name brand instead of ulta brand.
Elisabeth E.
Elisabeth E.
Brewton, AL
Review for: Lavender
This primer is perfect for those with light red "rosy" spots. It's super thick, very hydrating, and has a perfect coverage. It doesn't leave behind a super purple hue, so you can use it with a light coverage foundation. It also blurs our most pores, and makes your skin look super radiant. If you don't like a more "matte makeup look" I wouldn't recommend this primer, I also like to take a mix some of the clear with it on the outer edges of my face where I don't need a more "radiant look".
Ally Z.
Ally Z.
Review for: Lavender
Don't waste your money on a $30 primer if you don't have the money to spend on it. This works just the same as Smashbox Photo Finish. Also, don't let the lavender shade scare you. I was skeptical at first, but it doesn't show up on your skin and it evens out redness and your complexion. I am now very into color correctors, it just takes some time to learn which to use for what. All in all, this makes your skin silky, covers pores, evens skin tone, and keeps your makeup fresh all day!
Savannah R.
Savannah R.
Tallahassee, FL
Review for: Green
I have this in the green shade, and I think it's wonderful. It gives a nice matte finish to my face and provides a perfect base for my foundation to stick to. I have super oily skin, and this helps keep the oil at bay. The green shade is wonderful for cancelling out any red tones in your face, and it also has a lovely silicone feel to it as well. I definitely recommend this to anyone that suffers from acne and deals with redness on their face.
Sara S.
Sara S.
Wheaton, IL
Review for: Green
This is a good drugstore primer! It feels silicone-y on the face, which is good if you want to fill your pores and have an extremely smooth surface to work with when you apply your foundation. I really like using this, but I don't find myself reaching for it over some of my other primers (I reach for my smashbox primer water, which may be out of sheer laziness... that product does NOT have the same smoothing effect on the face.)
Dawn L.
Dawn L.
Does this have the silky feeling like the smashbox primer?
Francis H.
Francis H.
Does this product works for dry skin?
Jessica P.
Jessica P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
How much does this cost?
Victoria G.
Victoria G.
Baltimore, MD
Beauty Junkie Expert
Has anyone tried this compared to the Smashbox Photofinish Primer in Green? I love my Smashbox primer but this one is much less expensive!
Marcella A.
Marcella A.
El monte, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Do u really need a primer ?