BY NYX

Ingredients: Silica

NYX Studio Finishing Powder
Powder fairly finely ground, well matte and does not dry the skin. It lies on the skin in a very thin layer, it is not felt on the face. Reliably captures the tonal basis and at the same time does not change the color of the foundation itself, but it does not last forever, so after a while it will need to be used again to have a dull face. No problem when using. Suitable for girls of combination and oily skin, for dry skin, I do not advise, as it can dry the skin a little. I have a combination skin, and this powder suits me, it has a small face for photoshop, and it looks great in the photo, but you need to apply a thin layer.
Chynna P.
This powder is great for setting makeup into place and can leave your skin looking airbrushed and does hide the oil in your T-zone area. However it can look a little cakey if applied to heavy handed. The press powder version of this powder is definitely a better version of this however both have great qualities and downfalls this one has to be the fact it can be cakey which can be fixed with a little fix plus spray, other than that if you are light with it, it will set your makeup and look flawless!
a a.
AD
This powder is really finely milled and smooth, if you look at the picture below you may be able to see a single swatch going across the powder and notice how fine the loose powder looks. This is completely translucent and is a perfect final step for me to set my foundation, it’s much less prone to breaking up and whilst I have just hit pan on this two months in, I have been using this quite heavily as I’ve been experimenting using it for baking under the eye, so I have really been picking up a lot of product at the once, and I know if I’d been trying this with the S&G version I’d have been through it in half the short amount of time it already took to finish that up.
Danielle S.
This product is great, very versatile and a fair price point but do not use this to ‘bake’ your makeup and be really careful as it offers a lot of flash back during pictures. If you don’t know what that means it’s basically where it shows up extremely white under flash lighting so if you’ve used this heavily then be sure to really blend it in and go over the area with a bronzer. Don’t use this if you are a bride as you’ll be photographed all day and this just doesn’t work. For everyday makeup and for younger girls looking to get into makeup NYX is a brilliant brand and for the most part I love all of their products but unfortunately this just didn’t pass the flash back test. I probably won’t buy this again. I’m not a huge fan of loose powder on my self but for clients (especially bridal makeup) it is a must have product. But for a similar price you can purchase Ben Nye Neutral Set Setting Powder (8 oz) which works so much better with no flash back. Sorry NYX but this just doesn’t make the cut!
Rachel H.
leicester
I really hate giving bad reviews but I really didn’t get on with this powder at all, I’ll give the good and bad points that I’ve found with it.

Pros:
Unfortunately there aren’t many in my opinion.
- The packaging is lovely and sleek, very modern looking which drew me to this product.
- It is very, very fine if that’s the kind of powder that you are after.
- the fact that it’s colourless/white powder.

Cons:
- because the powder is so very fine it simply flies everywhere, even just opening up the lid.
- Another thing is it kind of feels like you’re breathing it in, which I didn’t like at all. It makes me cough whenever I use it.
- the smell is very strong and paired with the fineness of the powder makes you feel like you need to ventilate the room after using.
- it wasn’t very good at baking for me, it clung to bits of my foundation and made me look patchy.
- a damp sponge has trouble clinging to the powder which makes it hard to transfer onto your ace without it flying and coating everything around you.
- the flashback on pictures is also pretty bad.

I wish I could have loved this product as much as I love the rest of the NYX cosmetics range but because the powder was so fine and minerally i just couldn’t get it to work for me.

Final vote: 😕
Izabel R.
sofia
I bought this a couple days ago and I love it! I use it right after I blend my concealer to stop creasing and all over my face at the very end. It stops my concealer from creasing by instantly setting it and gets rid of all the shine (except my highlighter of course) But you need to watch out! I was taking pictures after I finished my makeup because I was feeling accomplished and I noticed something crazy. With the flash, I looked like a ghost. I instantly grabbed a brush and buffed it into my skin more. Use less product then you think you need and buff more to avoid this I learned. I included before I buffed extra and after I buffed.
Stacie D.
Toronto, ON
This formula is really great, totally transparent & matte, and creates a really nice texture on your face. This is the only product that has helped me prevent mascara marks beneath my eyes as the day goes on. HOWEVER, holy hell does it smell bad. Like burning plastic or some chemicals I can't describe. I might have just gotten a bad/old batch but I'm not sure if I'll be able to continue using this product because the smell is SO terrible.
Matilda C.
Manchester
So I’ve used one and a half of these, and would probably repurchase because of the price. It’s cheap, and sets the face pretty well for a long time.

The issues I have are: a lot of flashback- great if you’re not taking any pictures, the product will sometimes clump up on your face and leave white marks, and I feel the packaging needs to be slightly sturdier.

Overall I do like this powder, but if I found something better for a similar price I would stop using it
Beth c.
london
I have very dry skin and this product bought made my skin look extremely flakey and created lots of creases under my eyes as well as making my pores look very large. I wouldn’t recommend this product if you have dry skin and if you are taking pictures as the flash back is crazy and makes you look like a ghost.
Ashley S.
London
Clear matte powder. The texture was similar to baby powder. Left uneven tone and pigment on my skin when applying over makeup making it seem slightly “caked” and very tacky. Tried again after hating using it the first time and would not use again. Packaging is simple but does the job, for the price it’s a good product depending on what type of powder you like but this is not the one for me.
Kyla B.
Kingston , ON
Is this good for undereye baking?
Stephanie O.