BY NYX

Ingredients: Silica

Rachel B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Giving 3 stars because of an average score - NOT because I recommend it. Everyone knows I'm a HUGE fan of NYX. I think they offer a great variety of products and dupes for more expensive beauty products that I love - but this one doesn't do it for me. I had to give it three stars because it does the job. It's easily one of the best setting powders - especially for this price range. Your face will feel dry and matte after this powder. I never feel fearful of my face products rubbing off after using this. BUT, the smell. I am not easily bothered by beauty products scents whatsoever. But this is a whole other level. It's so bad that I have to take a big break, apply it, walk away from the area I applied it in and then breath again. If I don't, I'm nearly suffocated by the overwhelming powder and mix of cleaning product/baby powder smell. It's intoxicating - but in a bad way. I feel like I'm choking when I breath it in. It also gives off a lot of product, which is probably why what you inhale is so overpowering. My last gripe is its flashback from a camera. IF YOU USE THIS, MAKE SURE TO WIPE OFF EVERY LITTLE BIT OF POWDER ON YOUR FACE. If you even leave the slightest bit, it will appear white in photos. It's made me very self conscious about wearing it on nights I know my picture will be taken. Again (to review), this product does its job but the scent and flashback make it not worth it - in my opinion. Sorry to say about my beloved NYX.
Jes B.
Saint Louis, MO
I love NYX! When I was starting to look at setting powders originally, I saw this and for the price I was sold. Now I don’t know if I just wasn’t sure what I was doing or if it is true my the product, but this did not go so well for me. I found it to look too powdery of my face. There was a clear... spot(?) where you could see where I used it. It just didn’t blend into the skin well at all. It seemed to just sit on top of the skin. I ended up giving this to a friend. I think, for me at least, I’m going to stick to higher end setting powders. I seem to get better results with those. As always, everyone’s skin is different so I wouldn’t say I don’t recommend this to anyone. For the price, it’s definitely worth a shot for someone else. Who knows, this could save you some money and work flawlessly for YOU!
Rachel L.
This is a good setting powder, but it gives me a little bit of a white cast if I don't properly dust it off.. I am already fairly pale so this can look a little strange if not cleaned up properly. Make sure you properly dust after baking and it will leave a very nice natural finish. Other than that this works really well at keeping my makeup intact and soaking up any excess oil that my face may produce throughout the day (I'm not really an oily type though).. The powder itself is very fine and applies smoothly without exaggerating the lines around my eyes and I would recommend this if you favor loose over pressed powders or need a powder without any color..
Michelle G.
Philadelphia , PA
I would NOT use this product! This was my first setting powder I’ve ever purchased and I got it when “baking” was becoming more popular. When I first used it, I noticed I left a lot of white product on my face that was very powdery and difficult to remove. At first, I thought this was just user error, so I watched YouTube videos on how to improved applying; however, after trying this product MULTIPLE times and having my picture taken while wearing this product, I am part ways with it - SO MUCH flashback and residue left on your face...DO NOT USE
Amber F.
Somerdale, NJ
This powder was my holy grail powder for years! This powder is incredible for setting your face if you have a long day and want your makeup to look incredible throughout the entire day. Let me make this clear though: do NOT use this powder if there's going to be flash photography and do NOT use this powder to bake. You will have the worst flashback since it's a white, translucent powder and this just isn't the type of powder you want to bake with because it has a baby powder consistency. If you just need a powder for normal day-to-day wear, I highly suggest this. If you work in the food industry you'll absolutely love this. I used to work and Auntie Anne's and I wore this every time I had to work because being around the warm oven, butter, and just working an 8 hour shift can take a toll on my makeup, but this powder kept my makeup looking flawless and I never got oily! I also think it has a blurring effect because it just makes your skin look so smooth, almost airbrushed.
Nastassia L.
Sacramento , CA
I did not care for this product very much. I think because it’s cheap and has more of a matte finish but it’s very chalky and there’s a lot of flashback from this my make up did not stay in place but I would say that and just wasn’t working for me maybe I didn’t know how to use it correctly when I first bought the product but I don’t really care for it I probably wouldn’t recommend this product because there are a few that I have tried that I like more than this one
Kira S.
Ocean Gate, NJ
I'm usually not this harsh on products I don't like, but if I could give this powder no stars I would. This is one of the few products that I actually hate. It claims to be a "colorless shade that can be used for all skin tones" but unless you're literally white as a ghost, I can't see it working. It dried out my undereyes, creased my concealer, and brought out texture. For an "HD Photogenic" powder, it has severe flashback in photos. Even looking in a mirror in both natural and fluorescent lighting, I could see the powder sitting under my eyes everywhere I applied it. It smells like dusty, ground up chalk, and the actual packaging makes it messy to use. The only good thing I can say about this is the powder itself is very finely milled and does feel smooth to the touch, but unfortunately that's its only pro. I will never purchase this again, I absolutely regret buying it, and I don't recommend it to anyone at all. Save your money!
Emily R.
COLUMBIA, SC
I really liked the feeling of this powder when setting my makeup and I feel like it is a really unique powder. I thought the jar was a bit small, but it was still a good deal for the price. My main concern with this powder, though, is the smell and how messy it is. I don't feel like my brush can dip into the jar and easily pick up any powder, maybe because of how fine it is? I also felt like most of it felt to my lap before it set on my face. Just very messy, overall.
Kyla M.
grover beach, CA
I used to really like this product. I thought it settled nicely onto my skin and kept me from getting too greasy. Maybe it’s the other products i’m using now, but it seems to almost wear off of my foundation instead of keeping it set. Right when I apply it, it looks nice and smooth but it doesn’t even last through the car ride to work before I notice it creasing my under eyes.
Tiffany V.
Chico
I love a lot of Nyx products and I actually think that this is a very decent setting powder unfortunately for me I haven't been able to find a powder that works for my dry skin and this was just another one that didn't work for me because of that reason, but I do think that it's a really affordable powder that in my opinion was very close to the Laura Mercier powder so if you're looking for a more affordable setting powder then I would definitely recommend this
Kyla B.
Kingston , ON
Is this good for undereye baking?
Stephanie O.