BY NYX #56 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

Ingredients: Silica

Rachel B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Giving 3 stars because of an average score - NOT because I recommend it. Everyone knows I'm a HUGE fan of NYX. I think they offer a great variety of products and dupes for more expensive beauty products that I love - but this one doesn't do it for me. I had to give it three stars because it does the job. It's easily one of the best setting powders - especially for this price range. Your face will feel dry and matte after this powder. I never feel fearful of my face products rubbing off after using this. BUT, the smell. I am not easily bothered by beauty products scents whatsoever. But this is a whole other level. It's so bad that I have to take a big break, apply it, walk away from the area I applied it in and then breath again. If I don't, I'm nearly suffocated by the overwhelming powder and mix of cleaning product/baby powder smell. It's intoxicating - but in a bad way. I feel like I'm choking when I breath it in. It also gives off a lot of product, which is probably why what you inhale is so overpowering. My last gripe is its flashback from a camera. IF YOU USE THIS, MAKE SURE TO WIPE OFF EVERY LITTLE BIT OF POWDER ON YOUR FACE. If you even leave the slightest bit, it will appear white in photos. It's made me very self conscious about wearing it on nights I know my picture will be taken. Again (to review), this product does its job but the scent and flashback make it not worth it - in my opinion. Sorry to say about my beloved NYX.
Jes B.
Saint Louis, MO
I love NYX! When I was starting to look at setting powders originally, I saw this and for the price I was sold. Now I don’t know if I just wasn’t sure what I was doing or if it is true my the product, but this did not go so well for me. I found it to look too powdery of my face. There was a clear... spot(?) where you could see where I used it. It just didn’t blend into the skin well at all. It seemed to just sit on top of the skin. I ended up giving this to a friend. I think, for me at least, I’m going to stick to higher end setting powders. I seem to get better results with those. As always, everyone’s skin is different so I wouldn’t say I don’t recommend this to anyone. For the price, it’s definitely worth a shot for someone else. Who knows, this could save you some money and work flawlessly for YOU!
Jacy K.
Winter Park
So I have combo skin. I'm pretty normal on my cheeks and around my hairline, but tend to get oily in my tzone, especially now that I live in FL. But I'm also very prone to acne. I basically cake this on to the bridge of my nose (I wear glasses, and they tend to take my foundation off) a little bit on my forehead, chin and spread across my cheeks because they too look shiny sometimes. The only complaint I really have, is 1 it doesn't seem to last very long and 2 I don't see a huge difference where my glasses sit. I was hoping a finishing powder would stop my glasses from taking the foundation off on my nose. But I do love how well it soaks up the oil on my face and gives me more of a matte look.
Rachel L.
This is a good setting powder, but it gives me a little bit of a white cast if I don't properly dust it off.. I am already fairly pale so this can look a little strange if not cleaned up properly. Make sure you properly dust after baking and it will leave a very nice natural finish. Other than that this works really well at keeping my makeup intact and soaking up any excess oil that my face may produce throughout the day (I'm not really an oily type though).. The powder itself is very fine and applies smoothly without exaggerating the lines around my eyes and I would recommend this if you favor loose over pressed powders or need a powder without any color..
Krista B.
Jacksonville, FL
This powder makes a mess! The sifter has too many holes and lets out too much powder in between uses. On top of that the powder is ultra fine and literally mistifys when you open the product and gets everywhere. (Picture this, you're wearing a black shirt just going to do a little concealer before school. Bang, you open the product and now theres WHITE powder all over your shirt ). Oh and let's not forgrt flashback Mary, James Charles would be quaking, if you use more than a little bit of this power you look like a colorless ghost, and it's not a good look. Overall I don't recommend.
Mahiyat M.
Kind of disappointed with this product since I did a lot of research before buying. I read lots of raving reviews but after using it a couple times, I feel very meh about it. Maybe because my last setting powder was the Laura Mercier one and I've had that taste of perfection haha but I used this yesterday and my cousin was snapping me with flash on. She said my under eyes looked ridiculous and upon taking a look at the video, I was horrified to find that to be true. The flashback with this product is unreal. I also found it slightly hard to blend since I didn't apply much, but whatever I did apply, I blended out with my beauty blender dupe but a while later, I still saw white streaks which I had to blend out again! Maybe that was on me and I didn't blend it out well enough the first time but I will say the product did leave my skin with a soft finish comparable to the Laura Mercier powder, which is why I'm giving it 3 stars. I will try it out some more but overall dissatisfied with this considering it's flashback and how long I researched it. I wish I bought the Coty powder or really, anything else. I've never tried a bad nyx product but this is the first (and hopefully last).
Michelle G.
Philadelphia, PA
I would NOT use this product! This was my first setting powder I’ve ever purchased and I got it when “baking” was becoming more popular. When I first used it, I noticed I left a lot of white product on my face that was very powdery and difficult to remove. At first, I thought this was just user error, so I watched YouTube videos on how to improved applying; however, after trying this product MULTIPLE times and having my picture taken while wearing this product, I am part ways with it - SO MUCH flashback and residue left on your face...DO NOT USE
liz f.
I’m not very familiar with finishing powder however this one does keep my make up in place all day. I leaves my face looking Matt after I put it but I does dry out my face a little. I’d definitely buy it again but I’m looking for something that won’t dry up my skin too much.
Amber F.
Somerdale, NJ
This powder was my holy grail powder for years! This powder is incredible for setting your face if you have a long day and want your makeup to look incredible throughout the entire day. Let me make this clear though: do NOT use this powder if there's going to be flash photography and do NOT use this powder to bake. You will have the worst flashback since it's a white, translucent powder and this just isn't the type of powder you want to bake with because it has a baby powder consistency. If you just need a powder for normal day-to-day wear, I highly suggest this. If you work in the food industry you'll absolutely love this. I used to work and Auntie Anne's and I wore this every time I had to work because being around the warm oven, butter, and just working an 8 hour shift can take a toll on my makeup, but this powder kept my makeup looking flawless and I never got oily! I also think it has a blurring effect because it just makes your skin look so smooth, almost airbrushed.
Mandy B.
Bee Spring
This powder is SUPER fine milled, so it feels like you have nothing on initially, but after a bit, my face started to feel tight. It made my face super dry.
Another downside is that while it’s marketed as translucent, the white hue does show up even on fair skinned folks like me, and as a result, flash photography is a no go. You will look like a ghost.
I love a lot of Nyx products, but overall, I think they need to work a lot on their loose setting powders. They just don’t work for me.
Kyla B.
Kingston , ON
Is this good for undereye baking?
Stephanie O.