BY NYX #50 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

Ingredients: Silica

amber f.
Somerdale, NJ
This powder was my holy grail powder for years! This powder is incredible for setting your face if you have a long day and want your makeup to look incredible throughout the entire day. Let me make this clear though: do NOT use this powder if there's going to be flash photography and do NOT use this powder to bake. You will have the worst flashback since it's a white, translucent powder and this just isn't the type of powder you want to bake with because it has a baby powder consistency. If you just need a powder for normal day-to-day wear, I highly suggest this. If you work in the food industry you'll absolutely love this. I used to work and Auntie Anne's and I wore this every time I had to work because being around the warm oven, butter, and just working an 8 hour shift can take a toll on my makeup, but this powder kept my makeup looking flawless and I never got oily! I also think it has a blurring effect because it just makes your skin look so smooth, almost airbrushed.
Kira S.
NJ
I'm usually not this harsh on products I don't like, but if I could give this powder no stars I would. This is one of the few products that I actually hate. It claims to be a "colorless shade that can be used for all skin tones" but unless you're literally white as a ghost, I can't see it working. It dried out my undereyes, creased my concealer, and brought out texture. For an "HD Photogenic" powder, it has severe flashback in photos. Even looking in a mirror in both natural and fluorescent lighting, I could see the powder sitting under my eyes everywhere I applied it. It smells like dusty, ground up chalk, and the actual packaging makes it messy to use. The only good thing I can say about this is the powder itself is very finely milled and does feel smooth to the touch, but unfortunately that's its only pro. I will never purchase this again, I absolutely regret buying it, and I don't recommend it to anyone at all. Save your money!
Rachel B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Giving 3 stars because of an average score - NOT because I recommend it. Everyone knows I'm a HUGE fan of NYX. I think they offer a great variety of products and dupes for more expensive beauty products that I love - but this one doesn't do it for me. I had to give it three stars because it does the job. It's easily one of the best setting powders - especially for this price range. Your face will feel dry and matte after this powder. I never feel fearful of my face products rubbing off after using this. BUT, the smell. I am not easily bothered by beauty products scents whatsoever. But this is a whole other level. It's so bad that I have to take a big break, apply it, walk away from the area I applied it in and then breath again. If I don't, I'm nearly suffocated by the overwhelming powder and mix of cleaning product/baby powder smell. It's intoxicating - but in a bad way. I feel like I'm choking when I breath it in. It also gives off a lot of product, which is probably why what you inhale is so overpowering. My last gripe is its flashback from a camera. IF YOU USE THIS, MAKE SURE TO WIPE OFF EVERY LITTLE BIT OF POWDER ON YOUR FACE. If you even leave the slightest bit, it will appear white in photos. It's made me very self conscious about wearing it on nights I know my picture will be taken. Again (to review), this product does its job but the scent and flashback make it not worth it - in my opinion. Sorry to say about my beloved NYX.
Jes B.
Saint Louis, MO
I love NYX! When I was starting to look at setting powders originally, I saw this and for the price I was sold. Now I don’t know if I just wasn’t sure what I was doing or if it is true my the product, but this did not go so well for me. I found it to look too powdery of my face. There was a clear... spot(?) where you could see where I used it. It just didn’t blend into the skin well at all. It seemed to just sit on top of the skin. I ended up giving this to a friend. I think, for me at least, I’m going to stick to higher end setting powders. I seem to get better results with those. As always, everyone’s skin is different so I wouldn’t say I don’t recommend this to anyone. For the price, it’s definitely worth a shot for someone else. Who knows, this could save you some money and work flawlessly for YOU!
mika//미카 H.
Hilo, HI
I thin that this powder is an okay powder. I'm not saying "DON'T GET THIS ITS THE WORST" but I'm also not saying "IT IS THE BEST HD POWDER EVEER!". It is just an okay powder. It does cause a bit of flashback because it is an HD powder and has a white color to it. It is a very fine powder. I think it is a perfect under the eye setting powder, but for the face, it may not be the greatest because it does make your face look smooth, but too fake looking. It just makes your skin look weird. Under the eyes though it works well. The packaging is okay. The lid is a twisting one so that helps keep your product in there. Despite that, I don't think this is the best product, but it isn't the worst. If you do want an affordable HD powder, its not your best option, but you could try this.
Rachel L.
This is a good setting powder, but it gives me a little bit of a white cast if I don't properly dust it off.. I am already fairly pale so this can look a little strange if not cleaned up properly. Make sure you properly dust after baking and it will leave a very nice natural finish. Other than that this works really well at keeping my makeup intact and soaking up any excess oil that my face may produce throughout the day (I'm not really an oily type though).. The powder itself is very fine and applies smoothly without exaggerating the lines around my eyes and I would recommend this if you favor loose over pressed powders or need a powder without any color..
Mahiyat M.
Kind of disappointed with this product since I did a lot of research before buying. I read lots of raving reviews but after using it a couple times, I feel very meh about it. Maybe because my last setting powder was the Laura Mercier one and I've had that taste of perfection haha but I used this yesterday and my cousin was snapping me with flash on. She said my under eyes looked ridiculous and upon taking a look at the video, I was horrified to find that to be true. The flashback with this product is unreal. I also found it slightly hard to blend since I didn't apply much, but whatever I did apply, I blended out with my beauty blender dupe but a while later, I still saw white streaks which I had to blend out again! Maybe that was on me and I didn't blend it out well enough the first time but I will say the product did leave my skin with a soft finish comparable to the Laura Mercier powder, which is why I'm giving it 3 stars. I will try it out some more but overall dissatisfied with this considering it's flashback and how long I researched it. I wish I bought the Coty powder or really, anything else. I've never tried a bad nyx product but this is the first (and hopefully last).
Michelle G.
Philadelphia, PA
I would NOT use this product! This was my first setting powder I’ve ever purchased and I got it when “baking” was becoming more popular. When I first used it, I noticed I left a lot of white product on my face that was very powdery and difficult to remove. At first, I thought this was just user error, so I watched YouTube videos on how to improved applying; however, after trying this product MULTIPLE times and having my picture taken while wearing this product, I am part ways with it - SO MUCH flashback and residue left on your face...DO NOT USE
Alysia S.
Allentown, PA
I bought this because i was in need of a translucent powder for holding my makeup and for using to keep myself matte on a film set. $10 seemed pretty affordable and I like NYX products so I thought, "Why not." I wish i ready reviews before buying this!!!!! I actually HATE this. I never hated a product before, there are products I don't like but this is the worst. There's so much flash back in photos. It dries out my skin so bad when I first put it on. I have oily skin so through out the day it doesn't get as bad.  And it works for setting my foundation. It does make my foundation last longer. But it makes my pores look huge. And it's just uncomfortable. I can actually feel it on my face and it leaves a weird texture/film on my skin, i don't know how to describe it, but i do not like it.  I thought i could also try using this to set jmy under eye, which it works, but it looks BAD. Do NOT buy this. I wish i kept my receipt so i could return this. But i use it everyday because I have to beauty on a budget and want to use up most of it before i go buy a new powder. ugh.
Diana G.
Absolutely hate this stuff. Probably one of my worst beauty purchases ever. The packaging sucks the cap gets suck often and is hard to twist off when it does so you are stuck without being able to use the product when you need it. If you happen to get the cap twist open the product itself is completely useless. I tried setting with this and it just looks like I’m a ghost on the camera. You can see all the white powder clearly. I don’t see how that even holds up to being hd photo ready. I ended up throwing my full product in the trash.
Kyla B.
Kingston , ON
Is this good for undereye baking?
Stephanie O.