NYX Soft Matte Lip CreamInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY NYX #19 in Lip Gloss

Now available in twelve more statement-making shades, our velvety smooth Soft Matte Lip Cream delivers a burst of creamy color and sets to a stunning matte finish. Surprisingly durable, lightweight and delightfully creamy, it’s no wonder this sweetly scented formula is a fan favorite.

All shades contain the following unless otherwise noted:

Isohexadecane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Carbonate, Silica, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Rosin/Colophonium/Colophane, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Phenoxyethanol, Flavor/Aroma, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410).

Amsterdam & Prague:

Isohexadecane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Carbonate, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Silica, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Rosin/Colophonium/Colophane, Phenoxyethanol, Flavor/Aroma, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410).

Stockholm, London, Addis Ababa, Abu Dhabi, Athens, Cairo & Ibiza:

Isohexadecane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Carbonate, Silica, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Flavor/Aroma, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410).

Copenhagen:

Isohexadecane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Propylene Carbonate, Silica, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Rosin/Colophonium/Colophane, Phenoxyethanol, Flavor/Aroma, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410).

Berlin, Budapest, Vancouver, Seoul, Rome, Manila & Dubai:

Isohexadecane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Carbonate, Silica, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Alumina, Phenoxyethanol, Flavor/Aroma, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Blue 1 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410).

Paris, Havana & San Juan:

Isohexadecane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Carbonate, Silica, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Alumina, Phenoxyethanol, Flavor/Aroma, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Blue 1 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410).

Madrid:

Isohexadecane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Carbonate, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Silica, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Flavor/Aroma, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Blue 1 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410).

Moscow:

Isohexadecane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Carbonate, Silica, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Flavor/Aroma, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Blue 1 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410).

• your favourite colour ,,,?! 😍😍 NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream45 Answers
  • How does my full face nyx glam look? NYX Soft Matte Lip C...4 Answers
  • Does this product transfer or smudge?9 Answers
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream
  • "I really love this product , i swatched it on my arm 2 days ago and its still there, so i think its safe to say its long lasting. when you first put it on it looks really shiny , like a regular gloss but it sort of dries to the matte finish. all the colors are beautiful but my favorites are instabul and buenos aires " in 1755 reviews
Melissa G.
Maurice, LA
Review for: London more...
I received this in my ipsy bag and was disappointed at first. It felt great, it didn't feel sticky or dry, wasn't streaky and applied lightly but was buildable. I applied it at 6 am, ate breakfast at 9 am with 2 cups of coffee and it lasted until I took it off at 10 am. The color was too light and against my pale skin made me look sick and colorless. I mixed it with the NYX lip lingerie in Exotic and it became a beautiful rosy nude color. I've mixed it with several different colors and absolutely love it. I want to get other colors of the lip cream formula to wear on their own or mix with other Lip Lingerie colors and see what combinations I can come up with. The price is low but the quality is as high as very expensive high end name brand names I've purchased. I can't recommend this enough. *EDIT I've worn London on it's own a few times and it's won me over. It's out of my comfort zone but is great for when I want to wear a lighter, muted makeup. It's perfect for a doctor's appointment, job interview or church. I have also bought San Paulo which is a beautiful pinkish red and Cannes in the Metallic variety Lip Cream. I love them all. Cannes is on the left, San Paulo in the middle and London on the right. (the picture of San Paulo was actually taken after I ate breakfast.)
Calley B.
Review for: London, Sydney more...
I received the color London in my Ipsy bag, I had bought the shade Sydney a few months ago.  It isn't super long lasting, especially when eating and drinking.  I found it kind of hard to apply because the texture is so whipped/mousse like that it barely comes out of the tube.  I feel like I had to try to scrape the insides of the tube to get any product to come out onto the doe foot applicator.

Once I got some product out, it took a few dips to cover my entire lips in color.  I find that this formula is more on the drying side, definitely settles into the fine lines of your lips and gives you the dreaded b-hole mouth look that I am just not a fan of.

The color London is a little too dark on my fair skin, and Sydney was way too pale pink on my fair skin as well.  (Can you tell I struggle picking out shades for my skin tone?)  Overall I wouldn't particularly recommend this product.
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
Review for: Stockholm more...
I generally enjoy NYX products, and the Soft Matte Lip Creams are no exception - most of these shades are solid!

The shade selection itself is pretty great - lots to choose from which is always a plus. The packaging is nice, with a standard doe foot applicator. The lip cream itself has a VERY sweet vanilla smell to it, but the smell isn't noticeable after a minute or two on the lips. I have dry lips, and this formula doesn't settle into my fine lines or make my lips look drier. It is a matte-ish finish, but this stuff doesn't dry down all the way. It is not transfer proof, but it's not drying, so that's an okay trade off.

The neutral shades of this formula is where the brand shines, the dark shades tend to be extremely streaky, so I'd stay away from those. These aren't very long-wearing (3-4 hours before you have to reapply) but they reapply nicely.

All in all, this is a great lip product for a great price.
Allyson G.
Cupertino, CA
Review for: Stockholm more...
This star rating may be a little too influenced by the particular shade I chose, and my displeasure with it, but oh well. I picked out Stockholm because I'd seen it compared to another, more expensive lip product as a color dupe. I was hoping it would be a nice pinky-nude, like it looks in the bottle. Instead it turned very peachy-pink on me. While I love a good warm-toned eye look, my skin has cool undertones, so I don't always want a super warm lip. Aside from the color thing, this formula is just not my favorite; it goes on easily enough, but it doesn't last very well, and I felt like it emphasized the lines of my lips. I know it's not supposed to be a long-lasting liquid lip kind of product, but if I'm going to wear a non-long-lasting lip, I'd prefer to just wear a bullet lipstick or a gloss. Nyx has some amazing products (I'm obsessed with their lip liners) but not this.
Roxanne O.
Review for: Stockholm more...
I love these nyxcosmetics #XtremeLipstains they are great! The formula is always great and I love how they dry! My problem with this color.. (which I received in my ipsy bag) is that it’s way to dark for my fair skin. I loveee the formula, but Ipsy (yet again..) missed on the color match. It’s not worth mentioning really except that this is my 2nd bag, and it’s not matching again.. I’m going to give it a third month try. Of course, I do my reviews so idk. I’m mixing the colors I don’t like to come up with new colors to try. Why not? 5 stars bc the formula is great! I love the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream I just don’t like Ipsys lack of proper shade matching.
Hope B.
Review for: Other more...
I received the color "Istanbul" in my Ipsy bag. I really love it! The color matches my hair, it smells like vanilla. Also in stores NYX is very affordable. This is better than most high-end lipsticks. I use a lip balm underneath and put this on top and it makes my lips feel like a soft velvet matte. It's not overly drying. It's not that pigmented which i like. The only thing is that after i ate, all of it came off :( but i'm glad it didnt leave a weird ring around my lips. I would recommend this but you should probably wear a lip liner with it ❤️
Lexus M.
Acworth, GA
Review for: Copenhagen, Transylvania, Cannes, Monte Carlo more...
These soft matte lip creams are a dream! They are so opaque and so light at the same time. The first one I bought was Copenhagen. That one was sold out at every store i went to, and online, for about a year until i found it and i bought 3 of them. It was the perfect fall color at the time. After that, i went back to get Monte Carlo, an amazing red. Then i got Cannes and Transylvania. Cannes was great with a lip liner and Transylvania ended up being a bit too dark for me but i still wear it.

The colors are not very long wearing if you are a person like me who snacks or drink water all day. Also there are NOT KISS PROOF by a long shot. That being said, they are easy to remove and touch up throughout the day. I always have these in my makeup bag or purse for on the go looks. I love these lippies. At around $5, I am addicted.
Courtnie N.
Minneapolis, MN
Review for: Sau Paulo more...
I absolutely love these lip creams! They go on nice and smooth, the colors are great and super wearable and they are super affordable! I usually start with a neutral lipliner and a light chapstick/lip moisturizer before applying these to keep from drying out my lips. I definitely recommend these to anyone who likes to play around with different lip colors (especially matte). You honestly can’t go wrong for $4-$6 NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream
Amanda S.
Moreno Valley , CA
Review for: Stockholm, London, Abu dhabi more...
I have Stockholm, London, Abu Dhabi, and Copenhagen. The only one I’m not a fan of is Copenhagen because it needs a lip liner for it to not be so streaky. However, with a lip liner, it’s passable. If you’re looking for a non-drying matte finish lipstick, I’d definitely try these. They’re light on the lips, don’t make your lips wrinkle up, and come in a variety of colors. They’re also affordable. The colors I have for nudes, I love. With or without lip liner, they’re great. They do transfer and will come off when eating and drinking, but they’re not advertised as being long wearing, so that makes sense. There are a couple of lip sealer type products on the market that you can put over top of these to make them transfer-proof if you’d like. I have a lip sealer and it works just fine over the lip creams. All in all, I do recommend and would absolutely buy again.
Brittany E.
DeLand
Review for: Budapest, Rome more...
I'm admittedly new to the game of taking my makeup seriously. NYX's Soft Matte Lip Cream line is the first of NYX's lipstick lines I've tried. I have to say that it is definitely one of my "go-to" lipsticks now!

I've only tried two shades - "Rome" and "Budapest" - and I am in love with the richness in the color of each of these. In fact, I usually wear one or the other at work or when going out. I'm very pleased with the bang I'm getting for my buck with these.

Only downside is that I hate how dry it starts feeling after too long, but I feel like that's just about every matte lip product I've ever tried. I definitely wouldn't say that it's enough to deter me from continually using this product.

Sessy M.
California
What are the best shades to get? Is there any matte ones?
Jennifer B.
What does this lip creme smell like?
Diana M.
Strongsville, OH
What are some places that sell this product?
Raquel F.
Auburn, WA
I love this lip cream. I have only tried one color so far. What is your favorite?
Michelle R.
Hinesville, GA
What are the best vampy colors to go with?!