NYX Soft Matte Lip CreamInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY NYX #16 in Lip Gloss

Now available in twelve more statement-making shades, our velvety smooth Soft Matte Lip Cream delivers a burst of creamy color and sets to a stunning matte finish. Surprisingly durable, lightweight and delightfully creamy, it’s no wonder this sweetly scented formula is a fan favorite.

All shades contain the following unless otherwise noted:

Isohexadecane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Carbonate, Silica, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Rosin/Colophonium/Colophane, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Phenoxyethanol, Flavor/Aroma, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410).

Amsterdam & Prague:

Isohexadecane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Carbonate, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Silica, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Rosin/Colophonium/Colophane, Phenoxyethanol, Flavor/Aroma, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410).

Stockholm, London, Addis Ababa, Abu Dhabi, Athens, Cairo & Ibiza:

Isohexadecane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Carbonate, Silica, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Flavor/Aroma, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410).

Copenhagen:

Isohexadecane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Propylene Carbonate, Silica, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Rosin/Colophonium/Colophane, Phenoxyethanol, Flavor/Aroma, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410).

Berlin, Budapest, Vancouver, Seoul, Rome, Manila & Dubai:

Isohexadecane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Carbonate, Silica, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Alumina, Phenoxyethanol, Flavor/Aroma, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Blue 1 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410).

Paris, Havana & San Juan:

Isohexadecane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Carbonate, Silica, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Alumina, Phenoxyethanol, Flavor/Aroma, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Blue 1 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410).

Madrid:

Isohexadecane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Carbonate, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Silica, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Flavor/Aroma, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Blue 1 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410).

Moscow:

Isohexadecane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Carbonate, Silica, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Flavor/Aroma, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Blue 1 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410).

• your favourite colour ,,,?! 😍😍 NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream43 Answers
  • Does this product transfer or smudge?8 Answers
  • Are these a drying matte type of formula like drying as i...10 Answers
Reviews (20702)
  • "I really love this product , i swatched it on my arm 2 days ago and its still there, so i think its safe to say its long lasting. when you first put it on it looks really shiny , like a regular gloss but it sort of dries to the matte finish. all the colors are beautiful but my favorites are instabul and buenos aires " in 1755 reviews
Sarah L.
Sussex
Review for: Amsterdam, Milan more...
This is a great lipstick! "Soft matte" is the perfect name for this formula, because it is super comfortable and dries down to an almost powdery feeling finish. It is not drying at all though, and does not transfer, either. There is a wide selection of colors, which are all super bright and very pigmented. They are opaque in one swipe! The doe foot applicator is small and hard, which makes it super easy to get a precise application. The lipstick itself smells like vanilla cupcakes! The only problem I have with this formula is that it does not last very long. It was destroyed after I ate a burger. But if you don't mind having to reapply, or if you're not planning on eating anything while wearing it, this is a really amazing lipstick for an incredible price.
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
Review for: Stockholm more...
I generally enjoy NYX products, and the Soft Matte Lip Creams are no exception - most of these shades are solid!

The shade selection itself is pretty great - lots to choose from which is always a plus. The packaging is nice, with a standard doe foot applicator. The lip cream itself has a VERY sweet vanilla smell to it, but the smell isn't noticeable after a minute or two on the lips. I have dry lips, and this formula doesn't settle into my fine lines or make my lips look drier. It is a matte-ish finish, but this stuff doesn't dry down all the way. It is not transfer proof, but it's not drying, so that's an okay trade off.

The neutral shades of this formula is where the brand shines, the dark shades tend to be extremely streaky, so I'd stay away from those. These aren't very long-wearing (3-4 hours before you have to reapply) but they reapply nicely.

All in all, this is a great lip product for a great price.
Roxanne o.
Bakersfield
Review for: Stockholm more...
I love these nyxcosmetics #XtremeLipstains they are great! The formula is always great and I love how they dry! My problem with this color.. (which I received in my ipsy bag) is that it’s way to dark for my fair skin. I loveee the formula, but Ipsy (yet again..) missed on the color match. It’s not worth mentioning really except that this is my 2nd bag, and it’s not matching again.. I’m going to give it a third month try. Of course, I do my reviews so idk. I’m mixing the colors I don’t like to come up with new colors to try. Why not? 5 stars bc the formula is great! I love the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream I just don’t like Ipsys lack of proper shade matching.
Hope B.
Review for: Other more...
I received the color "Istanbul" in my Ipsy bag. I really love it! The color matches my hair, it smells like vanilla. Also in stores NYX is very affordable. This is better than most high-end lipsticks. I use a lip balm underneath and put this on top and it makes my lips feel like a soft velvet matte. It's not overly drying. It's not that pigmented which i like. The only thing is that after i ate, all of it came off :( but i'm glad it didnt leave a weird ring around my lips. I would recommend this but you should probably wear a lip liner with it ❤️
Christine D.
Waipahu, HI
Review for: Stockholm, Tokyo, Abu dhabi, Monte Carlo, Dubai, Athens more...
I remember hunting every nude soft matte lip cream shade in CVS near our place. The packaging has a very simple but cute feel to it. I think Nyx did a very good job in terms of creating a wide shade range. From nudes to bold colors, there are really great shades that became my absolute favorite from this collection. I love how this soft matte lip cream is hydrating and comfortable on my lips.  The only downside that's why I only gave 4 star is because it is not very long lasting. It's great for everyday use but you're gonna have to re-apply especially after eating. But for the price, the shades and how comfortable it is to my lips, I love it that's why I still keep some of this in my collection.
Courtnie N.
Minneapolis, MN
Review for: Sau Paulo more...
I absolutely love these lip creams! They go on nice and smooth, the colors are great and super wearable and they are super affordable! I usually start with a neutral lipliner and a light chapstick/lip moisturizer before applying these to keep from drying out my lips. I definitely recommend these to anyone who likes to play around with different lip colors (especially matte). You honestly can’t go wrong for $4-$6 NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream
Brittany E.
DeLand
Review for: Budapest, Rome more...
I'm admittedly new to the game of taking my makeup seriously. NYX's Soft Matte Lip Cream line is the first of NYX's lipstick lines I've tried. I have to say that it is definitely one of my "go-to" lipsticks now!

I've only tried two shades - "Rome" and "Budapest" - and I am in love with the richness in the color of each of these. In fact, I usually wear one or the other at work or when going out. I'm very pleased with the bang I'm getting for my buck with these.

Only downside is that I hate how dry it starts feeling after too long, but I feel like that's just about every matte lip product I've ever tried. I definitely wouldn't say that it's enough to deter me from continually using this product.

Jessica G.
Findlay, OH
Another good brand to use for dupe color experimentation before I shoot for my go to brands. It only got four stars because I wasn’t a fan of the applicator. I still have all my makeup artist palettes and I use the applicator to pat a little on the palette then apply with a lip brush. I don’t think all the applicators were as rough on my lips as the shade I bought. I chalked it up to a factory defect. It does have a decent doe foot, but the one I got scratched my lips a little because it was missing some of the doe foot flocking.
Marie N.
Burke
Review for: Copenhagen, Paris, Other more...
So I really don’t like matte lips, just the feel of them aren’t great generally, but these are so GOOD. I love how these look and feel. The pigmentation is so nice, and the packaging is amazing. I really like the applicator, and all the colors are really wonderful. They are pretty long lasting unless you eat like a burger because then it really like wipes the lip color off. These don’t feather so I don’t really need to do a lip liner with these which is super nice and they don’t dry out your lips. They do dry down to mostly transferproof and I didn’t think that I would like these but these are my absolute favorite matte lippies, and they are a really great price!! I highly recommend these!!
Danielle S.
Review for: Copenhagen more...
I really, really wanted to like this lip cream, however I found myself disappointed. The color, Copenhagen, was beautiful, the cream went on smooth and the color was just as rich on my lips as it was in the tube. I felt that as soon as the color dried my lips became very dry looking, I added some clear balm over them to see if that would help but I feel that it made the color look uneven (like I was wearing dark lip-liner with a lipstick that didn't match), I tried again, this time trying to put the balm on before putting on the Lip Cream and still the same effect, color fading quickly and looking uneven. Because of the low price point I may try this product again in a more neutral color.
Sessy M.
California
What are the best shades to get? Is there any matte ones?
Jennifer B.
What does this lip creme smell like?
Diana M.
Strongsville , OH
What are some places that sell this product?
Raquel F.
Auburn, WA
I love this lip cream. I have only tried one color so far. What is your favorite?
Michelle R.
Hinesville, GA
What are the best vampy colors to go with?!