NYX Soft Matte Lip CreamInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY NYX

Now available in twelve more statement-making shades, our velvety smooth Soft Matte Lip Cream delivers a burst of creamy color and sets to a stunning matte finish. Surprisingly durable, lightweight and delightfully creamy, it’s no wonder this sweetly scented formula is a fan favorite.

All shades contain the following unless otherwise noted:

Isohexadecane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Carbonate, Silica, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Rosin/Colophonium/Colophane, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Phenoxyethanol, Flavor/Aroma, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410).

Amsterdam & Prague:

Isohexadecane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Carbonate, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Silica, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Rosin/Colophonium/Colophane, Phenoxyethanol, Flavor/Aroma, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410).

Stockholm, London, Addis Ababa, Abu Dhabi, Athens, Cairo & Ibiza:

Isohexadecane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Carbonate, Silica, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Flavor/Aroma, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410).

Copenhagen:

Isohexadecane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Propylene Carbonate, Silica, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Rosin/Colophonium/Colophane, Phenoxyethanol, Flavor/Aroma, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410).

Berlin, Budapest, Vancouver, Seoul, Rome, Manila & Dubai:

Isohexadecane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Carbonate, Silica, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Alumina, Phenoxyethanol, Flavor/Aroma, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Blue 1 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410).

Paris, Havana & San Juan:

Isohexadecane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Carbonate, Silica, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Alumina, Phenoxyethanol, Flavor/Aroma, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Blue 1 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410).

Madrid:

Isohexadecane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Carbonate, Barium Sulfate (CI 77120), Silica, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Flavor/Aroma, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Blue 1 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410).

Moscow:

Isohexadecane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Beeswax/Cera Alba/Cire d’Abeille, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Carbonate, Silica, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Flavor/Aroma, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Blue 1 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410).

• your favourite colour ,,,?! 😍😍 NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream45 Answers
  • How does my full face nyx glam look? NYX Soft Matte Lip C...6 Answers
  • Does this product transfer or smudge?9 Answers
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream
  • "I really love this product , i swatched it on my arm 2 days ago and its still there, so i think its safe to say its long lasting. when you first put it on it looks really shiny , like a regular gloss but it sort of dries to the matte finish. all the colors are beautiful but my favorites are instabul and buenos aires " in 1755 reviews
Melissa G.
MAURICE, LA
Review for: London more...
I received this in my ipsy bag and was disappointed at first. It felt great, it didn't feel sticky or dry, wasn't streaky and applied lightly but was buildable. I applied it at 6 am, ate breakfast at 9 am with 2 cups of coffee and it lasted until I took it off at 10 am. The color was too light and against my pale skin made me look sick and colorless. I mixed it with the NYX lip lingerie in Exotic and it became a beautiful rosy nude color. I've mixed it with several different colors and absolutely love it. I want to get other colors of the lip cream formula to wear on their own or mix with other Lip Lingerie colors and see what combinations I can come up with. The price is low but the quality is as high as very expensive high end name brand names I've purchased. I can't recommend this enough. *EDIT I've worn London on it's own a few times and it's won me over. It's out of my comfort zone but is great for when I want to wear a lighter, muted makeup. It's perfect for a doctor's appointment, job interview or church. I have also bought San Paulo which is a beautiful pinkish red and Cannes in the Metallic variety Lip Cream. I love them all. Cannes is on the left, San Paulo in the middle and London on the right. (the picture of San Paulo was actually taken after I ate breakfast.)
Isha M.
Nashville
Review for: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Vault II more...
I am obsessed with lip colors. Naturally i buy a lot of them and sometimes end buying almost the same x number of shades in different brands. That's why i feel like i need to review this product.

Shades:
AHHHHH there are SO many to choose from. I have around 8 of them solely based on how they look in the bottle. Some turn out really good, others dont compliment my complexion as much (but that's ok). I would say that a lot of the pinks end up looking the same on my dark lips.

Pigment:
Coverage is average. It's not opaque and even the prettiest colors look weird on my already darker lips when you can see through the color. This means that i cant really get a desired impact with the lighter shades.
I do like mixing different shades so i can mostly deal with the translucence but that means more dryness.
I absolutely love matte lip colors but I would prefer if they had good coverage because matte lip colors are usually drying and i dont want to have to apply 4 layers of something like that on my lips. People have suggested putting chap stick underneath it but that doesnt give me the matte look i'd like.

Price:
Probably one of the cheapest matte formulas out there but that shows after an hour or so of wearing! I have dry skin and lips. So it would make sense that my chapped lips suddenly appear 100 times more chapped when i put a matte formula, BUT, this is the only matte lip color that makes it the worst. It also builds up in places and looks like colored eraser dust sticking to your lips. My husband (a man with no interest in or opinions about makeup) has commented on that several times so i know it looks bad.

Overall i think its good for the times that you are just going out for a few hours but i wouldn't recommend it for an all day wear.
Calley B.
Farmingtn Hls, MI
Review for: London, Sydney more...
I received the color London in my Ipsy bag, I had bought the shade Sydney a few months ago.  It isn't super long lasting, especially when eating and drinking.  I found it kind of hard to apply because the texture is so whipped/mousse like that it barely comes out of the tube.  I feel like I had to try to scrape the insides of the tube to get any product to come out onto the doe foot applicator.

Once I got some product out, it took a few dips to cover my entire lips in color.  I find that this formula is more on the drying side, definitely settles into the fine lines of your lips and gives you the dreaded b-hole mouth look that I am just not a fan of.

The color London is a little too dark on my fair skin, and Sydney was way too pale pink on my fair skin as well.  (Can you tell I struggle picking out shades for my skin tone?)  Overall I wouldn't particularly recommend this product.
Abbey L.
Painesville, OH
Review for: Stockholm more...
I generally enjoy NYX products, and the Soft Matte Lip Creams are no exception - most of these shades are solid!

The shade selection itself is pretty great - lots to choose from which is always a plus. The packaging is nice, with a standard doe foot applicator. The lip cream itself has a VERY sweet vanilla smell to it, but the smell isn't noticeable after a minute or two on the lips. I have dry lips, and this formula doesn't settle into my fine lines or make my lips look drier. It is a matte-ish finish, but this stuff doesn't dry down all the way. It is not transfer proof, but it's not drying, so that's an okay trade off.

The neutral shades of this formula is where the brand shines, the dark shades tend to be extremely streaky, so I'd stay away from those. These aren't very long-wearing (3-4 hours before you have to reapply) but they reapply nicely.

All in all, this is a great lip product for a great price.
Mackenzie S.
Plymouth
Review for: Other more...
The nyx lip cream in shade "ibiza" is a beautiful and vibrant, deep rose pink shade with a hint of coral. It compliments my neutral to warm undertone skin prefectly. It goes on extremely silky smooth and feels extremely moisturizing. It is HIGHLY pigmented and feels very lightweight on the lips. When I am wearing this I can barely tell I have anything on at all, which is one of my favorite parts about it!

Application is extremely easy and the color just glides right on. It has a soft, velvety, matte finish, true to its name and doesn’t flake or feather out. Reapplication might be necessary after eating or drinking.

The doe footed applicator attached to the cap makes it a great applicator brush. It is handy and hence easy to carry. Since it is a matte shade, it doesn’t bleed out and doesn’t dry the lips. In all, this is a great product for the price.
Hope B.
Review for: Other more...
I received the color "Istanbul" in my Ipsy bag. I really love it! The color matches my hair, it smells like vanilla. Also in stores NYX is very affordable. This is better than most high-end lipsticks. I use a lip balm underneath and put this on top and it makes my lips feel like a soft velvet matte. It's not overly drying. It's not that pigmented which i like. The only thing is that after i ate, all of it came off :( but i'm glad it didnt leave a weird ring around my lips. I would recommend this but you should probably wear a lip liner with it ❤️
Courtnie N.
Minneapolis, MN
Review for: Sau Paulo more...
I absolutely love these lip creams! They go on nice and smooth, the colors are great and super wearable and they are super affordable! I usually start with a neutral lipliner and a light chapstick/lip moisturizer before applying these to keep from drying out my lips. I definitely recommend these to anyone who likes to play around with different lip colors (especially matte). You honestly can’t go wrong for $4-$6 NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream
Brittany E.
DeLand
Review for: Budapest, Rome more...
I'm admittedly new to the game of taking my makeup seriously. NYX's Soft Matte Lip Cream line is the first of NYX's lipstick lines I've tried. I have to say that it is definitely one of my "go-to" lipsticks now!

I've only tried two shades - "Rome" and "Budapest" - and I am in love with the richness in the color of each of these. In fact, I usually wear one or the other at work or when going out. I'm very pleased with the bang I'm getting for my buck with these.

Only downside is that I hate how dry it starts feeling after too long, but I feel like that's just about every matte lip product I've ever tried. I definitely wouldn't say that it's enough to deter me from continually using this product.

Christine D.
Waipahu
Review for: Stockholm, Amsterdam, Abu dhabi, Athens more...
I remember hunting every nude soft matte lip cream shade in CVS near our
place. The packaging has a very simple but cute feel to it. I think Nyx
did a very good job in terms of creating a wide shade range. From nudes
to bold colors, there are really great shades that became my absolute
favorite from this collection. I love how this soft matte lip cream is
hydrating and comfortable on my lips.  The only downside that's why I
only gave 4 star is because it is not very long lasting. It's great for
everyday use but you're gonna have to re-apply especially after eating.
But for the price, the shades and how comfortable it is to my lips, I
love it that's why I still keep some of this in my collection.
Jessica G.
Findlay , OH
Another good brand to use for dupe color experimentation before I shoot for my go to brands. It only got four stars because I wasn’t a fan of the applicator. I still have all my makeup artist palettes and I use the applicator to pat a little on the palette then apply with a lip brush. I don’t think all the applicators were as rough on my lips as the shade I bought. I chalked it up to a factory defect. It does have a decent doe foot, but the one I got scratched my lips a little because it was missing some of the doe foot flocking.
Sessy M.
California
What are the best shades to get? Is there any matte ones?
Jennifer B.
What does this lip creme smell like?
Diana M.
Strongsville, OH
What are some places that sell this product?
Raquel F.
Bremerton, WA
I love this lip cream. I have only tried one color so far. What is your favorite?
Michelle R.
Hinesville, GA
What are the best vampy colors to go with?!