BY NYX #59 in Face Primer

Buy now on ULTA
and get 2.5% CASH BACK with
powered by

Your ultimate weapon in the war on shine. Smooth it on before your favorite foundation for a fresh, flawless, marvelously matte look that lasts and lasts. Wear it solo too for a naturally shine-free look.

Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol.

• I've heard mixed reviews about this and would like more o...2 Answers
  • Is this worth purchasing?1 Answers
  • How long does it keep your face shine free?2 Answers
NYX Shine Killer
  • "this is a great mattifying primer! very similar to the milani primer. great in filling in pores. i would be careful if with dry skin. makes your makeup last all day long! i would, and have bought again." in 650 reviews
  • "this product is okay it’s v similar texture to the baby skin primer by maybelline, the packaging is pretty boring. i have oily skin and this didn’t make a huge difference in my shine at the end of the day. blurs pores a little though" in 6 reviews
Claire k.
This is my absolute favorite primer!!! My face is so oily and this eliminates the shine so well, I put it on before doing my makeup and follow up with a primer, my face looked so shiney before I used this now my face looks so much better when using this!!
Regina R.
West Palm Beach
My skin is typically pretty dry after I wash my face, but it gets really oil after a while. When I used this product it felt really oily to the touch but you can see that it was mattyifying your face. Its really loose and Liquidy. I don’t think I’d buy it again because my face still gets shiny even with it on but it still makes a very slight difference to the amount of shine on my face. It says you can apply it on top of your makeup but I wouldn’t recommend that because it would probably lift your makeup when you’re rubbing it in. All in all it’s not that bad of a product just not for the really shiny people.
Alena D.
Winter Park
I love NYX products and when I learned that they have an Oil Control primer I was excited to try it. Shine Killer is great for oily and combination skin. Personally, I have oily skin and it has controlled the oil in my face that seeps through my foundation. I live in Flordia but I am originally from Georgia and in both climates, this primer has never failed me.
Hanna D.
Edmonds
This primer did nothing for me. I like to keep a few different primers on hand. I got this for wearing makeup when I was probably going to wash it off sometime soon or just didn’t need to look exactly flawless. It doesn’t control shine as well as other primers I’ve tried, and doesn’t really enhance makeup application either. Might work for other people who have less oily skin.
Jill D.
Atlanta, GA
I like this because it can be applied as a base or applied on top of your make up. I see a noticeable difference immediately after application but this product does not last very long. My face tends to look shiny after a couple of hours. This product also leaves a greasy residue on my fingers after applying.
Macey C.
Findlay, OH
This is identical to the Maybelline Baby Skin® Instant Pore Eraser® because it has that silicone feel to it. I don’t find it to help my oily skin actually because it just feels like it slides on. I think it would be okay for any type of skin. I wouldn’t buy again due to not making my makeup last any longer than normally.
Elizabeth V.
Saint Paul, MN
I bought this in the hopes that it’s actually reduce my shine... well it worked for the first 10 minutes and then after that, I saw my skin looked normal and semi oily again. It didn’t make a difference to my longevity and actually made me feel like a greaseball by the end of the day. Wouldn’t repurchase.
Ashley R.
Pompton Plains
Omg so good! What I like most about this besides the fact that it really does contain my oily skin, is that you can wear it under or over makeup. So sometimes I’ll use a primer before my makeup and coat this on top and my makeup stays flawless all day. My favorite primer in the summer. Will continue to buy this!
MsOnfiyah G.
My face tends to be oily with combination skin in my T zone but this face primer is everything! It really controls oil build up and it makes my makeup feel like a matte finish. I love this face primer and its easy to use. I would highly recommend this product if you tend to be oily. Super great product.
Lyndie W.
Los Angeles
I love Nyx's setting spray, however the place that I usually buy it from was all out, so I decided to try out the Shine Killer primer out of curiosity and also just hoping that it would be a great alternative to help control my combination oily skin!

Pros:
- Easy application
- Made for smooth liquid foundation application

Cons:
- Not light, quite thick and oily
- Did not control oil or shine

Conclusion:
While it makes for smooth foundation application, it did not control shine as advertised, and actually seemed to make my face MORE oily. It did not work how it was intended, so I will definitely be sticking to their setting spray from now on since it doubles as a pretty good primer!
Nur A.
Does it work for oily and acne prone skin?
Jennifer G.
Santa Ana, CA
Do you use this product before putting a face primer on?
Isomery P.
Puerto Rico
I have very oily skin does this do a good job controlling the oil or is just a tittle?
Maria T.
Should I try this??? My skin is so only I have to be retouching my make up like every 3-4hours!!!!
Renee C.
Toronto, ON
How is the finish of this primer?

back