BY NYX #53 in Face Primer

Your ultimate weapon in the war on shine. Smooth it on before your favorite foundation for a fresh, flawless, marvelously matte look that lasts and lasts. Wear it solo too for a naturally shine-free look.

Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol.

• I've heard mixed reviews about this and would like more opinions....2 Answers
  • I really need some decent primer for my oily skin, Is this a go w...1 Answers
  • gostaria de esperimentar mais queria saber se ele e bom msm 1 Answers
NYX Shine Killer
  • "I initially bought it because I have oily skin (also acne-prone) and I was hoping to get some oil control with the primer." in 6 reviews
Amber N.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is an average product. I have highly textured face and really oily skin to top it off. I love trying new primers but as you can see I do have an issue with some of them making me more oily. The shine killer did a good job of helping me stay matte for a couple hours but then over time and in the Arizona heat it just got worse and ended up getting a nice oily shine after a couple of hours. The product applied nicely on the skin and I felt like it was ok texture wise, meaning it didn’t change the appearance of my foundation after application. This might work for more of a combo skin type.
Regina R.
West Palm Beach
My skin is typically pretty dry after I wash my face, but it gets really oil after a while. When I used this product it felt really oily to the touch but you can see that it was mattyifying your face. Its really loose and Liquidy. I don’t think I’d buy it again because my face still gets shiny even with it on but it still makes a very slight difference to the amount of shine on my face. It says you can apply it on top of your makeup but I wouldn’t recommend that because it would probably lift your makeup when you’re rubbing it in. All in all it’s not that bad of a product just not for the really shiny people.
Malia O.
Hammond, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is such a great product if you have oily/combination skin and need touch-ups more than usual.  This can be applied right on top of your makeup when the oil begins shining through and it will not disturb anything but the shine!  I would definitely recommend this in addition to or in place of blotting powder/papers.
skylar a.
Atlanta, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I absolutely love this primer. I have dry skin but when I wear make up I will have shine spots in my t zone but I don’t have combination skin otherwise. i’ll see it on my nose, my forehead, and my cheeks a little bit. and I always love a matte finish. as soon as you rub it in, you can see it matte and blurr your skin. put this on then, powder your face and then put your foundation on and it is amazing. your foundation just glides on so smoothly. i would buy this over and over
Shell J.
Beauty Junkie Expert
A standard primer if you're looking to reduce the amount of money you spend at high end makeup stores. It does the job for a few hours, but after a really long day you notice your foundation going patchy. If you don't plan on wearing your makeup all day, then this primer will work for you.
Beth M.
When you first see this product the first words that pop out are "shine killer." For someone who has very oily skin, I was immediately drawn to this product. It's very lightweight and makes your skin feel smooth. This combined with the NYX Matte Finishing spray is the perfect combination together. This helped my makeup last all day and looking flawless and I didn't have as much shine on my face as I normally did. I would highly recommend this product to anyone with oily/shiny skin.  NYX Shine KillerNYX Makeup Setting Spray - Matte
Hannah F.
Smyrna
Definitely a primer I have come to like and use more often, especially during my time of the month when my skin gets oily. I feel like it evened out my skin tone and gave me a smoother base to start with. I would buy this again but also not my everyday go to primer.
Eviiii✨ C.
Greenwood
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have very a very oily face and i have been trying to find the right primer for me. I just don’t feel like this lasted very long, so maybe if knew I wasn’t going to be wearing my makeup for long I’d use this again. I did like the way It left my foundation looking I just wish it would’ve been long lasting
Crystal P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is an amazing product when you put it in your T zone which is where b I get shiny after a while. Applying this with a pore filler it's amazing ! I love love using this product I would recommend it to anyone. Gives make up a smooth finish.
Maggie Z.
York
Beauty Junkie Expert
I'm so displeased with this product, which is upsetting because NYX holds some high standards. It has a super greasy texture to it, and I feel like it made my skin appear even more shiny! I tried applying it underneath foundation, and then over foundation, and either way it just didn't work! I don't recommend this, it's a waste of money!
Nur A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does it work for oily and acne prone skin?
Jennifer G.
Santa Ana, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Do you use this product before putting a face primer on?
Maria T.
Should I try this??? My skin is so only I have to be retouching my make up like every 3-4hours!!!!
Isomery P.
Puerto Rico
I have very oily skin does this do a good job controlling the oil or is just a tittle?
Deidre O.
Irvington, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
Where can I purchase this ?