NYX Pump It Up Lip PlumperInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2015

BY NYX #7 in Lip Plumper

Ingredients

Kaley M.
U.S. 🇺🇸
The NYX Pʟᴜᴍᴘ Iᴛ Uᴘ Lɪᴘ Pʟᴜᴍᴘᴇʀ ❲Cᴏʟᴏʀ꠩ Aɴɢᴇʟɪɴᴀ❳..
Angelina is a very nice nude, sheer shade. It's one of the 9 shades NYX created (ȣ of which being very sheer, and (1) being completely clear: shade “Liv”). The Angelina color goes well with my skin completion, which is very fair.

⍰ I wish these shade were available in a matte formula -- but I honestly don't think those exist ❲as a Lɪᴘ Pʟᴜᴍᴘᴇʀ❳.. Or do they ⍰

The applicator is standard (and personally, these applicators are not my favorite).. The gloss is creamy, thick, but not sticky. I can say that the texture is nice, comparable to high end cosmetics. I prefer to apply a different Lipstick⸽Lip Gloss underneath of the lip plumpers, for (Ձ) reason's꧇ helps my lip sensitivity, adds or makes the color stand out more so.

If you've tried any "Lip Plumpers", then you're more than likely VERY aware of that tingling sensations, as most do, and this one is no exception! With this NYX Pʟᴜᴍᴘ Iᴛ Uᴘ Lɪᴘ Pʟᴜᴍᴘᴇʀ ❲Cᴏʟᴏʀ꠩ Aɴɢᴇʟɪɴᴀ❳, you'll notice an immediate tingling sensation upon application of this gloss. I’ve certainly tried glosses that cause more 🔥burning or stinging sensations than this one, and I’ve definitely found other glosses to be more effective in terms of plumping my lips!
⋄ BUT꠩ If applying the lip plumper in a thick layer - you'll then have a very uncomfortable sensation. Burning even. Regardless of which sensation you get, it'll go on for quite a while, and then the intensity (obviously) decreases. ⋄

The ingredient responsible for the slighting tingle, Vanillyl Butyl Ether, and it's UNFORTUNATELY, the 2nd to last ingredient on the product ingredient list. 🤦 So, in other words, it’s the lowest ingredient concentration - which is more than likely why the plumping effect is comparatively small). 👎

❲ My Opinion꠩ Purchase⁉ Recommend⁉❳
┈┈┄┄╌╌╌╌┄┄┈┈
As for me, no, I will not order the NYX Pʟᴜᴍᴘ Iᴛ Uᴘ Lɪᴘ Pʟᴜᴍᴘᴇʀ ❲Cᴏʟᴏʀ꠩ Aɴɢᴇʟɪɴᴀ❳ again and I wouldn't recommend it for people, like myself, with sensitive lips. ALTHOUGH, this isn't god's gift to thin lip women - not very tremendous, and that it DEFINITELY does NOT plump your lips. At All. 🙊 BUT, I will say. I do, definitely LOVE the nude colors that they offer for the lip gloss.

🤷 So, if you want a reliable, cheap lip gloss, then this isn't the worst choice out there. 💋💄
C.E. N.
Ville Platte, LA
I bought this without any prior knowledge about this product. I was looking for a good lip plumping gloss and thought I'd try out this because I typically have enjoyed NYX lip products. It comes with a wand-tip applicator which makes it easy, quick, and convenient to apply the product. However, if you use a lipstick underneath, the lipstick color will transfer on to the wand-tip applicator. This may bother some people but it personally does not bother me. In terms of its claims, it does exactly what it says it'll do. As soon as I apply it to my lips, I feel a tingling sensation and within a few seconds/minutes, my lips start to plump up. It's isn't as dramatic as actually getting lip fillers (of course) but it does a good job at making my lips appear bigger than normal. It also gives a nice, glossy finish that isn't too sticky or thick. It definitely feels lightweight. The only downside to this product is the shade selection. It looks like this gloss had a tint to it but once applied to the lips, it goes on clear. This was a bit disappointing as I was expecting a colored, lip-plumping gloss. All in all, it did what it claimed and I'm satisfied with this product. I would actually prefer this over the Soap & Glory lip plumping gloss that makeup artists/gurus rave about
Shannon H.
Review for: Jessica more...
This is one of my favorites for the summer! The gloss has a very smooth & creamy texture to it. The shimmers can’t be felt on lips during application. It goes on very smoothly over lips. There is a slight tingling like any other plumping gloss. I could tell a difference from before and after application. The consistency is great; it doesn’t feel too sticky nor too thin. I really like the formulation of the gloss. The formula is non-drying and lightweight on the lips. The shade that I chose is not strongly pigmented, but there is a tint. The gloss looks good whether you wear it over a lip liner/lipstick or on its own. It gives a nice shine and also feels moisturizing.
Krystal H.
Paso Robles, CA
Review for: Jessica more...
I wanted to try out a plumper to see if all plumpers were basically the same. First off you cant beat the price of Nyx products, to me it is high end drugstore products. I own a ton of their products and have never had complaints. I tried it in Jessica which is a pretty goldish color. The color is a subtle sheer tint that isnt over the top and is simply nice. It lasted a lil bit but if you continuously apply like myself, you wont have a problem keeping them plump. I recommend it for those who wanna try out plumpers without spending a ton of money on high end products.
emmy o.
I bought this a few days ago and it is the only lip gloss I've had in forever, I've always hated them. I went out on a limb and figured I'd give this a shot and I actually like it, which surprised me a lot. It's not super sticky, I like the cooling sensation it gives, and the color is light and natural. I can't say it's super plumping, which I'm sure it isn't supposed to do but I honestly do see that my lips are slightly more plump. It kind hydrates and fills in the lines to make my lips look more full. It's not gonna give you huge lips and I don't think that is what it's for, but I honestly like it a lot!
FlawlessLC C.
Centerville
Review for: Liv, Pamela more...
Great lip plumper! My absolute fave is Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme, BUT that can get a bit pricey. This is a wonderful affordable option that pretty much works the same. It’s a little more thick and sticky though, which can get annoying. You do get used to it, and I would suggest rubbing you lips together for a minute or so after applying. I feel like because it’s so thick it needs a little help sinking in. It definitely tingles quite a bit, and I love it because you know it’s working! I love how my lips look with this, and I almost feel like it lasts longer than my Too Faced one! Either way, it doesn’t last super long. 20-30mins, and that’s if you’re not talking too much. I enjoy this though, and always suggest it to people looking for a great, affordable lip plumper!
Taylor T.
Modesto
Review for: Jessica more...
These is descent for what your paying for. This lip plumper has a nice color and all, but I wouldn't call it a lip "plumper" at all. I would just call it lip gloss. Yes, you get that tingly sensation on your lips as well as a cool feeling, but my lips just look the same. It is easy to apply, it comes off like every other lip gloss, and it didn't cause my mouth any irritation. If you want a lip gloss, then I suggest this one. If you are looking for lip plumper, I suggest you look somewhere else.
Priscilla F.
HESPERIA, CA
I would give this product a 5 star review because I love all NYX products but I just feel like the formula can be modified to work better. Something I definetly do love is that you can choose between subtle colors or clear lipgloss. The formula is not too thick with application. And the wear is pretty light. However, I wish that the formula was a bit stronger so that your lips could get more plump faster, and so they can also last a longer amount of time. It is overall an amazing product.
Monica K.
Folsom
Review for: Angelina, Jessica more...
Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I was not impressed with the plumping abilities of this product at ALL. It does not plump up your lips at ALL. However the shades I tried were very nice and delivered on shine and shimmer. Nyx is one of the brands I normally would say has decent quality but the nyx lip plumper is not at all what it says. The price isn't expensive at all, I would purchase this product again, but only for a basic lip gloss  to lighten up or change the color of a lip stick.
kristen W.
Washington
Although not my number one go to plumper, I use this often because I get the best of both worlds. With color and plumping power I have no need to wear any other lip products with this. It goes on smooth and silky and with an awesome glossy shine it’s def one of my faves when I’m going for that simple fresh dewy glow while still looking natural and put together. I would recommend this product to anyone who likes a substantial lip gloss and a light plump without going over the top!
Yadu V.
Does this really plump your lips?
mini M.
How good is this product ?..is it worth a buy?
Katherine E.
Los Angeles, CA
I know people say it makes your lips tingly, but does it hurt at all?
Suman S.
Southington, CT
Cat N.
Does this burn when you put it on? How long do your lips stay plump for?