BY NYX #17 in Eye Primer

Intensify your shadows with our durable and waterproof eyeshadow primer. Smooth on to lids before applying shadows and voila! Your eye makeup will stay in place no matter what the weather without creasing or smudging.

VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Isohexadecane, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 , Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Triethyl Citrate, BHA

May Contain:

Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

NYX Proof It! Waterproof Eyeshadow Primer
  • "This is the best eyeshadow primer I have used so far! My last eye shadow primer felt greasy and didn't last as long as this one does! I use this one everyday and looovee it! " in 70 reviews
Emily S.
United States
This eyelid primer is simply the best! The consistency of it is nice and thin which I like because it doesn't crease easily. I can't say that I've ever tested the waterproof capabilities of this primer so I can't speak to that, but I can attest to the longevity and stronghold of this primer. One day, I used this primer when I did a deep brown smokey eye. That day I ended up falling asleep for a nap while laying on a crisp white fluffy pillow. When I woke up and realized that I had fallen asleep on this white pillow I was so scared because i thought for sure that my dark makeup would be smeared all over the white pillow. But nope! My eyeshadow was perfectly in tact when I woke up. I give this primer 5 stars for that!
Riley S.
I was, sadly, very disappointed by this product. This eye primer made my eyes super watery, and it my watery eyes caused my eye-shadow and eyeliner to disappear. Overall, I would not recommend this product, since it doesn't seem to be a very good primer, and doesn't make my makeup very waterproof. NYX Proof It! Waterproof Eyeshadow Primer
Emily B.
Kent
Biggest question, is it waterproof? Yes! The before and after pics of running it under water are above. Yes the pigment fades a bit, but this is after scrubbing it as well. Also the primer makes the pigment more noticeable on the eyelids. Only complaint is it makes the eyeshadow you place on too patchy and difficult to blend. But it’s cheap, so I personally would buy it again.
Amanda J.
Harrah
I love this eyeshadow primer, it works wonders for my eyeshadows. Previously before using this eyeshadow primer, since I have very oily eyelids my eyeshadow by the end of the day would be Creasy and just about gone. As soon as I started using this primer no more creases and my eyeshadow lasts ALL day. It also keeps the eyeshadows looking as pigmented as possible. This product is a staple to my makeup routine, and I can’t bear to live without it!
Honey N.
I haven’t used a whole lot of eyelid primers since I mostly would use concealer anyway but I really like this one. It has an applicator wand you can apply it with then I just use my finger to spread it on the lid. It really helps eyeshadows to stick and look more pigmented. I love it and use it almost everyday. I actually bought two at the same time so I always have a backup.
Ana M.
Bloomington
My second favorite eye shadow primer ever! For the cost you just can’t beat it. It’s very liquidy but it works SO well, I don’t even have to set it. It has no color once it’s on and dry that you don’t have to worry about it discoloring your eyeshadow or your other makeup.
Emmy G.
Phoenix
When I first started with makeup I used this religiously. After exploring a few other primers and coming back to this one I realized it is AWFUL. It is truly the equivalent of putting elmers glue on your eyes and calling it primer. It makes it impossible to blend eyeshadows on top of because it is so sticky and brushes I normally love tug at my eyes and it just wastes more time than necessary.
CG S.
Los Angeles
Personally I hated this product. I love nyx but this product made my eyes feel so sticky! It’s easy to apply and use but the aftermath of it was a no for me. I even felt my eyeshadow stay in place without wanting to blend. It was horrible
Blair N.
I wouldn't say that it is waterproof, but it does make the eyeshadow set for a long time. It is 'rub proof' if I accidentally rub my eyes forgetting about my makeup. Completely transparent and the tube lasts a long time since you only need a little. I use the wand to apply to my eyelids and blend it in with my finger.
Amy R.
Chattanooga, TN
this is my all time favorite eyeshadow primer! The wand makes it easy to control where the product goes. The price doesn't hurt the bank and a little goes a long way. The product dries down clean and fairly quick. It makes my eyeshadow colors pop, stick, and look glamorous! i would recommend this product to anyone
Alyssa W.
Varnville , Sc
What's so different from this brand than the cheap ones?
Alyssa M.
Does this really work and last long?
Sarah M.
North Vancouver, BC
What’s a good eye primer? I’ve been using the NYX Proof It! Waterproof Eyeshadow Primer and am not honestly crazy about it. Any recommendations?
Danielle P.
Does this primer actually effect the way shadow is worn? I have yet to find one that really works and is not super expensive.
Ciara D.
Shreveport, LA
Is this better than Urban Decay's?