BY NYX #8 in Eyeliner

Live for super-sharp wing inspo? Don’t just “like” all your faves, draw 'em yourself using Epic Ink Liner. Featuring a slender and supple brush tip, this intensely pigmented waterproof pen lets you achieve black liquid lines effortlessly. Every stroke is unbelievably fluid for a defined finish. Control the thickness of your lines by pressing down just a touch. Fine and natural, broad and bold- the look is always up to you.

Features: Built-in-brush application

Beauty Purpose: Defining

• Is this an affordable dupe of the Kat Von D tattoo liner ...6 Answers
Mo K.
Nyack, NY
This eyeliner is AMAZING. It is super black and semi-matte, which doesn't bother me. Enough product comes out that all you need is one swipe to create a line. However, it's not too much product that it gets everywhere and is messy. It's also not liquid-y, so it doesn't bleed.

The brush tip is perfect! I normally like felt tip eyeliners more, but this tip is so fine it feels like it's a felt tip. This would be great for winged liner since the tip is thin and saturated so it'd be easy to flick the wing out.

This eyeliner also lasts an incredible amount of time. It doesn't flake or crack and it doesn't transfer to my eyelids. I have oily, hooded eyes so transferring is a major problem for me and an important test of eyeliners.

It is waterproof and does not budge with water! However, it does come off with oil based makeup removers! It really does last 24 hours, I have tested this by falling asleep with my makeup on.

The  NYX Professional® Makeup Epic Ink Eyeliner is a great value and has become my holy grail liquid eyeliner!
Brookelynne T.
Clearfield, PA
BEST DRUG STORE BLACKEST BLACK LIQUID BRUSH TIP PEN EYELINER!!!!! I'm a full on make up junkie and addict and Black Rich Eyeliner has been a overly obsession of mine...I've bought every felt tip, gel, dip brush, crayon, pencil, and everything else from every brand from all brand and have only found a few that are even worth of using. This being the #1 best ever affordable drug store liquid black liner!!! It cannot be beat due to the brush tip pen applicator...how smoothly it applies....the way you can have the tiniest precise flick or design with the easiest stress free stock and just how deep rich black out black it is. Complete Kat Von D Trooper Ink Eyeliner dupe....honestly better because NYX is amazing and so so so affordable! I buy out every Epic Ink Liner from every NYX Display I come across....Sorry Ladies and Gentlemen....but its a cult classic in my overly abundant collection of black liners....its heavenly and highly budge proof and water proof making it slightly difficult for my super profession and strong waterproof make up removing products need a little help to remove this semi permanent liquid liner....just how I like it...never bleeds transfers of moves from the moment it is applied. It is life and under $10!? Come.on.....
Taylor C.
E Stroudsburg, PA
Am I the only one that hates this product? It looks like it.
I heard so many great things about this and my favorite beauty YouTuber swears by this.
It is super black, which I LOVE. I love that it's affordable.
HOWEVER. From the second I opened and tried it on my eye look. I HATED IT. It bleeds so much it's comical. It's ruined every eye look I've ever put this on top of. My wings become blocks. It smears all over my lid. I questioned my skills so I swatched it on my hand. It bled through the lines.
I've shaken it. Before using I wipe some excess off. Nothing works I absolutely hate this liner.
Did I get a really bad batch?
Molly H.
Las Vegas
My holy grail of eyeliners! I am on my second one and I use this EVERYDAY! If you like Kat Von D’s liner you will like this and it is almost $13 cheaper and lasts longer than my previous KVD liners. I love that I can get a nice clean line and wing without having to pull my eye lid or touch my face. I love that it has a brush instead of a felt tip because it lasts WAY longer too! I actually got to use my first one for the whole 6 months without it drying out. For the price this is unbeatable and I definitely recommend trying this out!
Micaela W.
West Palm Beach
I love thid liner!! I've always been a huge fan of their matte liquid liner, but holy wow this one is amazing! As black as the wet n wild liquid eyeliner, but it actually stays on if you're eye waters! Thid actually stays on through most things, actually, living up to it's waterproof claim. It lasts FOREVER, application is like a dream, the tip is so small it makes precision easier than anything. Even went well applying the liner in a moving car, which is crazy for someone like me, a shaky hand girl! Recommend it a million times! So good.
Katrina R.
I’m actually really impressed by this. Reminds me a bit of Stila’s stay all day liner. I don’t think an exact dupe but until I gave this a go I had a really hard time finding a drugstore liquid liner that I actually enjoyed. It’s DARK black, not patchy at all, goes on very smooth and easy, and doesn’t smudge. The tip is pretty fine which I like because I find for me a thicker tip is hard to get a good wing with. Not my favorite I have ever tried but for a budget friendly liner, this one is actually something I recommend
Hannah M.
Lapeer, MI
Best eyeliner I’ve ever used under $10. I’ve had it since august last year and it has not dried out still!! I’ve never tried KVD tattoo liner so I don’t know if it’s a dupe but I do know I won’t even bother with any other liner! Doesn’t smudge (I don’t think it’s waterproof though) , is very black and very easy to use for beginners (me) I’m HORRIBLE at eyeliner but this makes it so easy.
Tiffany W.
I was super excited about this liquid eyeliner when I first purchased it. It came out of the felt tip well, I had plenty of control during application without the product getting too runny and bleeding.

After a few uses, the bleeding started and I was so disappointed. If you shake the pen to rigorously, the liquid comes out of the pen and makes a mess inside of the cap (and on your hands and clothes if you aren’t careful) so I wish it worked as well as it did the first 2 or 3 times that I used this product. Now it absolutely ruins my eyeshadow if I can’t get enough of the makeup itself off of the felt tip.

You cannot beat the price of Nyx products, but you may want to forego this eyeliner. I’m a long time fan of Nyx, just not of this eyeliner!
Taylor F.
Buffalo
For 90% of the time I’ve owned this eyeliner, I’ve LOVED it, but I need to give it way less stars than I’d like because of the lack of quality that I noticed in the pen itself. It tends to bubble up and explode (similar to an actual pen exploding) for me, and it has for a little while now. Some of the bristles of the pen also caught in the cap once by mistake, which made things more of a mess. I had to throw it away prematurely.

With my complaints aside, I know it’s dirt cheap, so I can’t be shocked about the quality, and it is shockingly one of the best liquid eyeliners I’ve used. Previously I’ve used the Stila Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner and Maybelline Line Stiletto® Ultimate Precision Liquid Eyeliner, and sampled many more. When the product isn’t a mess like mine was, it draws on like a dream, gives you a lot of precision, and just looks awesome. I just wish the quality of the pen had endured a bit longer.
Mika C.
Mount Dora, FL
Pretty much my favorite eyeliner for the past year! Applies perfectly every time, brush isn’t too thick or too thin either! The only thing they need to improve on is the applicator brush, the hairs can get separated easily when putting the cap back on. It’s a great price and I’ve bought a bunch! I go through them so quickly. when the hairs separate I just use the other side until it runs out but is annoying always having to make sure I’m not using the wrong side! Have recommended it to lots of people and will continue to!
Maria P.
Santo Domingo
Is this an affordable dupe of the Kat Von D tattoo liner in trooper black?

back