BY NYX

• Is this powder good or oily skin?1 Answers
  • Does this offer any coverage or is it pretty translucent ...6 Answers
Erin P.
Orlando
Review for: Porcelain more...
Light and airy I love wearing this powder on my face! It stays on well and my skin doesn’t feel dried out or covered up! It gives the perfect finish to any makeup routine and doesn’t take away my glowiness.
Mallory. O.
Shell Rock
Review for: Beige (online only) more...
Matte finish look! Love it. Stays on all day. Covers pores. Real finish look. Price is good.
Davia H.
Brunswick, GA
I love how this powder feels on my skin. It gives me a good amount of coverage and sets my foundation as well.
Karen M.
Coldiron
Review for: Porcelain more...
When I am done with my makeup I always use finishing powder. It seems keep my makeup in place and tone down any dark areas on my face.
Bennie F.
Glen Rock
This powder is amazing!!! Leaves my skin looking matte and flawless! It has a blurring, gorgeous finish that is perfect for setting my face. This is a new staple product that I have included in my beauty routine! It is also super affordable so I will be repurchasing it!
Brook G.
La Puente, CA
Eros pretty good. But for me i try not to put too much on my face. I break out. So I wear little as possible.
Zina M.
This is what it says on the NYX website:
Introduce us to someone who doesn’t love a good photo filter, and we’ll introduce you to our secret herd of pet unicorns. Our point? When it comes to getting our picture taken, we all love a good filter. That’s why we created #NoFilter Finishing Powder–our amazing new product that delivers a finish as flawless and soft as the most flattering filters on Instagram and beyond.

So, I’ve been hearing a lot of good things about this powder lately, so I wanted to test it out myself, but I can’t seem to figure out exactly how I feel about it.
Now, first of all I believe that this powder is the reason my skin has been breaking out, because I did stop using this and my skin cleared up, then I tried it again and i woke up with new breakouts, and I can’t remember that any product has done that at all before, so I don’t really think I will continue using this.

The other thing I didn’t like about this is the fact that it does empasize peach-fuzz, and to me that’s another thing that makes me reach for other setting powders over this one, so I would keep those things in mind if you’re interested in trying this.

On to a more positive note, I do really like the extra coverage that this gives you, and I do like the way it sets my foundation, but I have noticed that you do need a bit extra powder if you’re wearing a foundation that doesn’t dry down completly underneath. However, I don’t think that it looks cakey when you build it up, so you do have that as an opption on those days when you feel like more is more.

Other than that I do think that this powder is best suited for dry to normal skin types because it is a very creamy powder, and that can be a bit too much if you have oily skin, and it’s not a mattifying powder by any means, but I don’t think it will be too much of an issue if you use other mattifying products in combination with this.
Haya T.
Review for: Honey Beige (online only) more...
I love this Nyx finishing powder! I got it in the shade medium olive and like to use it with a powder brush after I’m done with all my cream products to set my face. This is a pressed powder, not loose. I suggest to use it with a dense powder brush and not a loose one as it will pick up the product and apply it for more coverage. I like to use it on areas where I want more coverage and it seems to do the job. It gives my fave a uniform look, matching my skin. It’s not a full coverage powder, but it’s not a sheer coverage either. I heard they were discontinuing it at my local drugstore so I picked up a few. Got no problems and love this stuff!
Katie H.
Moncton
Review for: Sand (online only) more...
I’m reviewing this for my mom because she loves it as a cheaper powder option. It’s so silky and it doesn’t leave a white cast around baby hairs. This is a great option for those who are darker in tone who may not like translucent powders. It still has the pore perfecting feeling of translucent silica based powders. The packaging, however, isn’t great because it cracked very easily and was hard to travel with then. The powder itself didn’t crack when it dropped though so it’s very densely packed and lasts quite a while.
Amanda L.
Airdrie, AB
I love how smooth this finishing powder makes my face look and how soft it is on my skin. I like that I can use is to bake as well and it is very light weight. Since using this finishing powder I have had my friends ask me how no got my makeup to look like I got it profetionally done. I have recommended this to many people as well as I have gotten it as a gift for my best friend and she loves it.
Michelle T.
Chandler, AZ
Does this offer any coverage or is it pretty translucent on the skin?
Jamile C.
Is this better for all over your face or baking?
Stephanie B.
Tyrone, PA
Does this have a matte finish and does it make you look chalky/white
Breanna N.
Tomia B.
Annapolis, MD
Is this product good for oily/shiny skin?