BY NYX #39 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

• Does this offer any coverage or is it pretty translucent on the s...6 Answers
Buy on Target*
annie h.
Henderson, NV
Review for: Light Beige more...
I bought this because of the packaging when I saw it at Target. I actually didn't read any review online about it beforehand - I literally was in need of a setting powder and had found this one.

So, I'm not sure if because it's called "No Filter" powder, or whatever it is, but I THINK it works. I have NC20ish skin, and I purchased this in the color "Light Beige". I have not broken out for it, and it does give me a very smooth and matte finish to my look. It's definitely not heavy or super pigminted ... I'd say it's more of a "veil" that goes over your skin.

I knocked off 2 stars for the following reasons:
1. No mirror, weird packaging. It does come with a lot of product and it is packed in a "half sphere" shape. But sometimes if I wanted to touch up, I'd need to find a mirror just to see where I need it on my face.
2. I really can't tell if it does anything other than being a very, very light finishing powder. I don't notice my face being WOW It looks like it has a filter on it, but it does set my makeup!
Shasha S.
I loveeee this product.
Its long lasting and finshing is amazing.
I love this top most brand.
This is one of my favorites brands and with reasonable price.
It gives soft texture on skin.
I would definitely recommend this product and brand too.
Its better to search for offers before buying.
Have different shades of color for different skin tones.
I like to visit above stores only to buy this and find offers.
It gives fantastic look for party and for simple makeup also.
It would be too nice if there are some small samples to try before we buy.
Shade is just awesome on my skin and hope for others too.
It has matte texture.
I would definitely buy More n more n more...
I love trying new products and samples tooooooo.
Its bestiest best product I have ever used...
Camille B.
Palmer Lake , CO
Review for: Porcelain more...
Holy horrendous. This is up there on the worst products I have ever bought in my life. Though it comes with a lot of product, the quality is not good at all. I have oily skin, so I do generally need a loose, finely ground powder to set my skin. That being said, this probably wasn't the best powder to buy in the first place. I literally only used it for two weeks before I threw almost all of it in the trash. It is WAY too glittery. A soft glow in a powder can be really pretty, even on oily skin, but this is more reminiscent of the tin man. The color choice is pathetic, I think you can order more online, but I'm not sure how porcelain darkened by skin by at least 3 shades? It doesn't apply patchy, or rip of your makeup, so that is a plus, but it does come off in 30 mins and leave stains on every single thing your face happens to touch. Ever hug your boyfriend or a guy and leave a makeup stain on his shirt? Yeah, pretty awkward and gross. Not something I look for in a powder...and I didn't use an excess amount. I could see this being SEMI-useful to add a little highlight to the under eye or nose, but I'd rather use a real highlighter, and one that will actually stay on. Honestly, I can't see a use for this product on any skin type. Just my thoughts.
Mae U.
Las Vegas
Review for: Medium Olive more...
This finishing powder is okay. I love most NYX products, but wasn't super impressed with this. It works for a few hours and then I feel like I need to reapply. I use the Too Faced Born This Way Ethereal Setting Powder Universal Shade in the morning and it usually lasts all day. I carry the NYX in my makeup bag in case of emergencies. It's good to have, but I don't I'll be repurchasing once I run out.
Domynoe L.
Lawrenceville, GA
Review for: Medium Olive more...
Loving this as a finishing powder! The color is a match for my skin/foundation, but not sure it would matter if it wasn't because it just disappears on my skin: none of the "dots" i see when using other powders. It sets my makeup without being obvious and cakey and leaves a beautiful finish that's soft to the touch. The texture of the powder is smooth and soft. If it were more matte and blurring, it'd be perfect. Still, after trying nearly a dozen different powders, I've finally found one I like enough to repurchase.
Erica M.
This product is very affordable and great for those wanting to try out a powder. I would recommend using this if you want something very lightweight for all over your face after using foundation & concealer. However, it seemed a bit cakey to me when I tried to use it for “baking” under my eyes, and did not seem to prevent any creasing. However, it did give my skin a matte finish and it is nice that it comes in a compact case.
Danielle T.
Review for: Beige (online only) more...
I really wanted to like this product since I love Nyx as a brand, but their face powders always fall short for me and this was no exception. It does not set my makeup well, and I noticed my foundation was moving all over the place after applying it. Also, it is too shimmery for a setting powder, and I prefer a matte finish. I tried it for a few days and I ended up returning it. Huge disappointment.
Larri J.
Salyersville, KY
NYX is one of my favorite brands, so I usually fall in love with all of their products I try & this one is no different. I fell for this as soon as I tested it out! My makeup lasts all day & stays on point when using this! I'd recommend anyone wanting a good set in powder to try this, plussss side too is that NYX isn't a brand I consider expensive! Great quality products at affordable prices!
Margo B.
This! I love this lightweight great finishing powder that is the perfect end to my makeup routine. It gives my skin the perfect finishing touch & mattes out the reddish tone in my skin! Affordable and lasts forever! Just invest in a great brush and you’re good to go! lol! No red!!
Amanda C.
This product is definitely a dupe for the MAC Skin Finish Natural. Except, this powder gives you MORE coverage (light). It is a little more luminous and looks beautiful in photos as well. Your skin will look super smooth! I have purchased this over and over again. It is budget friendly for those who can’t splurge on the MAC!
Michelle T.
Chandler, AZ
Does this offer any coverage or is it pretty translucent on the skin?
Jamile C.
Is this better for all over your face or baking?
Breanna N.
Stephanie B.
Altoona, PA
Does this have a matte finish and does it make you look chalky/white
Tomia B.
Annapolis, MD
Is this product good for oily/shiny skin?